Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1245800628313456647

supplies r being distributed evenly and with priority; working as intended? What's da problem.

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

stephenthinkpad posted:

I am 20 page behind on this thread. But somebody was talking about taking public transportation once a month to work.

My advise is don't. Get an ebike or electric scooter.

JFYI parts stocks for these are all based out of China so good loving luck getting rolling again if you drop it or something breaks. A buddy bought one of those super sick dual battery scooters that can go 25 mph for like 30 miles and while it is fun, he laid it down once and it broke the throttle trigger thingy and it took six weeks to get the replacement shipped from China. And that was before global hell pandemic.

either just ride a bike or get a small gas motorcycle of a well known brand (those chinese ones have the same parts rarity as the escooters)

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

lol still can't process that pelosi quote

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MoaM posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1245800628313456647

supplies r being distributed evenly and with priority; working as intended? What's da problem.

:confused:

Pence said capitalism would provide solutions to CV!

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1245800805879472129

:silent:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Raiad posted:

a whole lot of stupid loving people are gonna have to learn what "exponential growth" means the hard way, huh

Lol nope

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Dustcat posted:

here's an interesting article saying the toilet paper shortage might not just be due to hoarding but because people having to poop at home means they actually need more tp now

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1245771832353062912

Yep, I exclusively poo poo at work. Also, I stole as much TP as I could on my way out when they sent us all home.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gh0stpinballa posted:

lol still can't process that pelosi quote

I'm not sure if it's her disregard for anybody not rich shining through or a bad attempt at being uplifting

prolly both

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

https://twitter.com/TerribleMaps/status/1245798967310454784?s=19

Hmm so its spared Yemen which has no functional government due to civil war, Western Sahara whose government's in exile, Turkmenistan where even mentioning Coronavirus is public will get you put in prison, Malawi whose health minister has admitted it has literally zero test kits and North Korea which publicly shot a man who violated quarantine for completely unrelated reasons I'm sure.

north sentinel island is probably ok, though!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dreylad posted:

i'd hope no one is actually seriously talking about those things because running an insurgency requires knowledge of asymmetrical warfare and survival, not owning a firearm.

No you don't understand, every successful anti-government movement has started with a trip to Dick's Sporting Goods.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

They are really just crossing their fingers that we'll all die first

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agean90 posted:

I'm not sure if it's her disregard for anybody not rich shining through or a bad attempt at being uplifting

prolly both

lmao how her response to CV was trying to recover as many deductions and tax credits for rich people as possible.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the bidet havers shall inherit the earth

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Pervis posted:

Food is similar. Some of my local restaurants are turning in to drive-by grocery stores of sorts, although they have (very) limited options available like only whole milk, or the quantities are large. We got 25 pounds of brussel sprouts from one that we've been going through along with passing those and other food to my parents so they don't have to go to the store. The packaging and whatnot is not setup to be transitioned easily in to supplying say a grocery store, and I don't think those supply companies are going to just stop and shift their contracts and upstream supply over to grocery store supply chains temporarily. Eventually when restaurant demand re-adjusts to some lower than pre-virus baseline I assume those long-term contracts will shift around.

One of the local restaurant suppliers is doing that by us, just bought groceries from them today. We pre-ordered and pre-paid and just drove up to their reefers in a parking lot, they threw everything in the trunk, and we drove off.

Most of the produce quantities were fairly normal (if excessive for a two person household) but the ginger was restaurant quantity so now we have like 8 full hands of ginger.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You would think this is the hour people start rioting, but get this: America

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

becoming more and more difficult to believe that america will survive until the end of april

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Carole strikes again

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

the bidet havers shall inherit the earth

Friendship ended with TP, now Bidet is my friend!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The best tracking website has updated:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

And the U.S. is absolutely kicking everyone else's rear end!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Health policy plan for the coronavirus pandemic

- The best things in life are free (so health insurance must not be one of those things)
- Live, laugh while covering your mouth to prevent the spread of contagious droplets, and love at a social distance
- Fake it 'til you make it
- Home is where the heart is, until your heart stops

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
20 weeks from April 1 is August 19th. holy lol

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

i'd rather have nothing than this. 1200 in four months isn't going to help anyone but it may pacify a few people while things get worse and worse

oh crap, am i an accelerationist?

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm unemployed now and can't file for UI because I've been a freelancer contractor for the past 6 years lmao. Weeeeee!

you might be able to apply for a dischargeable "loan" under the Paycheck Protection Program and get 8 weeks of pay covered

find an SBA authorized bank and try applying

you might also be able to still apply for UI under the new rules. this seems to have pretty good info on both programs, at least as a place to start: https://blog.freelancersunion.org/2020/03/30/what-the-cares-act-means-for-freelancers/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

D1E posted:

And the U.S. is absolutely kicking everyone else's rear end!

US winning the CV gold medal?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NofrikinfuN posted:

now do one with the us flag high-fiving florida and new york flags

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

D1E posted:

The best tracking website has updated:

lmao, scoreboard motherfuckers

we're gonna win the olympics

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

so glad I live in that bright red area that’s about to go nuclear

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

technically the rural areas are dead already, so not entirely wrong

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

CHINESE WUHAN VIRUS, the only thing to ever make republicans care about HIV/AIDS deaths.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Armadillo Tank posted:

technically the rural areas are dead already, so not entirely wrong
Imagine - all this land but there's no one there. Houses are empty. Businesses are shuttered.

And then the virus comes in...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

animist posted:

i'm mostly not freaked out, but that's because i've spent like 2 years on mindfulness bullshit to be okay with my own eventual death. feeling freaked out is pretty normal i think

i am getting slightly annoyed by all the people making GBS threads up c-spam threads with attempted blackpills. like they're not even creative. go read some Peter Watts or Schopenhauer or something and get back to me

Where can I get some mindfulness bullshit? I'd like to be OK with my eventual death.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CPA Hell posted:

so glad I live in that bright red area that’s about to go nuclear

The JH dashboard map is top notch

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm unemployed now and can't file for UI because I've been a freelancer contractor for the past 6 years lmao. Weeeeee!
The recently passed senate bill extends unemployment to contractors and self employed people for the next several months. So apply now or apply again if you did already before.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

we're gonna need a mortal combat style ranking system that shows corona just crushing everything as leading cause of death this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

https://twitter.com/TerribleMaps/status/1245798967310454784?s=19

Hmm so its spared Yemen which has no functional government due to civil war, Western Sahara whose government's in exile, Turkmenistan where even mentioning Coronavirus is public will get you put in prison, Malawi whose health minister has admitted it has literally zero test kits and North Korea which publicly shot a man who violated quarantine for completely unrelated reasons I'm sure.

you missed South Sudan, also in the middle of a civil war