Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bert Roberge posted:

The fox population has been showing up with rabies around me.

Then there's this insane story from a few years back of a woman having to drown a rabid raccoon that wouldn't stop biting her hand..

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/14/news/midcoast/maine-woman-attacked-by-raccoon-drowns-rabid-animal-in-puddle/

a few months back a guy near me in nh had to choke a rabid coyote to death. this was a year after a kid of his was attacked by a rabid raccoon. between the rabies and ticks, I'm a lot less inclined to wander the woods of northern new england than I was as a kid lol

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/22/nh-man-describes-strangling-rabid-coyote-attacked-his-family/4538662002/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kylra posted:

The no tax liability thing was part of the first bill draft not the current one unless they got it back in somehow.

The 600 bonus only applies to ui checks between the adoption of the clause by the state (probably this week unless you're in a bad state) until July 31.[.b] But it applies to all UI checks given out during that specific period.

There's some stricter criteria to get the 13 extra weeks of UI which iirc is dependent on things like getting confirmed corona, caretaking someone or maybe having a job loss in a corona industry? That one's a bit more complicated and I don't have the criteria memorized.

[b]Also freelancers being eligible for UI at all is part of the CARES act since contract workers and self employed people usually are not.

So for 1, call the state, because it's entirely up to them. If your state doesn't adopt it, you get nothing. Cool.

For 2, the answer is nobody knows, because this is the first I've heard about these stricter criteria and god only knows how to apply/prove these criteria. So I'll just assume this is bullshit that won't happen.

For 3, not in my state! They're still "waiting on guidance from the Labor Department" about how to do it, so nothing yet. I assume this "guidance" will never come.

So this bill does nothing for me. Nothing. God drat the democrats.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1245803893466021889

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

JFYI parts stocks for these are all based out of China so good loving luck getting rolling again if you drop it or something breaks. A buddy bought one of those super sick dual battery scooters that can go 25 mph for like 30 miles and while it is fun, he laid it down once and it broke the throttle trigger thingy and it took six weeks to get the replacement shipped from China. And that was before global hell pandemic.

either just ride a bike or get a small gas motorcycle of a well known brand (those chinese ones have the same parts rarity as the escooters)
yeah all the scooter companies have custom builds not available to consumers, and they also have (or used to have) lots of VC funny money so they were probably just trashing a lot of the broken ones

Soy Division has issued a correction as of 21:36 on Apr 2, 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
lmao github.com is down right now, 503 unavailable

all of tech world is grinding to halt

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Eh , what the gently caress is happening in France??

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

:stonk:

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Bharatrocity posted:

they added a bunch of people who had previously died in nursing homes. my roommate is from Marseilles and he's been ranting for days about how they're not counting turbo olds and people sealed away in their homes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

and that kid turned out to be

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

korean supermarket trip report: almost fully stocked, beer selection unaffected, even had toilet paper and (overpriced) masks, maybe two dozen shoppers total

A++ will shop again

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

cash crab posted:

they added a bunch of people who had previously died in nursing homes. my roommate is from Marseilles and he's been ranting for days about how they're not counting turbo olds and people sealed away in their homes

ah, that makes sense, cheers

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

good way to get off the boat

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

This version is awesome

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

https://twitter.com/TerribleMaps/status/1245798967310454784?s=19

Hmm so its spared Yemen which has no functional government due to civil war, Western Sahara whose government's in exile, Turkmenistan where even mentioning Coronavirus is public will get you put in prison, Malawi whose health minister has admitted it has literally zero test kits and North Korea which publicly shot a man who violated quarantine for completely unrelated reasons I'm sure.

lmao this post is incredible

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Bharatrocity posted:

They probably corrected stats by starting counting people dead at home or at nurse homes retroactivelly.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i started playing dark souls remastered, and i got invaded in undead burg by a player named Corona using a female avatar with pigtails, who completely destroyed me with hex magic :worship:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Why wait for the enemy to cripple your aircraft carriers when you can do the job yourself?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/1245812997492281344
edit: beaten lol

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.vulture.com/2020/04/if-i-wrote-a-coronavirus-episode.html

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Congrats world we did it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P19dow9ALYM

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

unreal

beaten like the captain of that ship

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
on one side: the worlds largest and most technologically advanced warship
on the another: a spiky protein boi

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

facetoucher cat posted:

They found a raccoon with rabies about 2 miles from me so that's always fun

I love raccoon babies :3:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Problem loving Solved!

Patriotism is lying and hidding the problems, not like these chinese that hide and lie about problems.

Tei has issued a correction as of 21:43 on Apr 2, 2020

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Officer down!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god
can someone link me that website that chronicles the day-by-day breakdown of % positive tests and # total tests done in the USA

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

officer corps largely hates truno and he hates them too lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Omg we might get a coup after all lol

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

1024x768 posted:

can someone link me that website that chronicles the day-by-day breakdown of % positive tests and # total tests done in the USA

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Bharatrocity posted:

pain

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

in corona america, sailor remember trump

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

mod sassinator posted:

lmao github.com is down right now, 503 unavailable

all of tech world is grinding to halt

what the gently caress

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

he should not have remembered sailor

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

nooooooo

whyyyyy sug

poo poo, just started watching this last night. maybe I shouldnt keep it up, I dont want to love this man any more than I already do

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tho i dunno how you have no blood flow/oxygen and survive a ambulance ride long enough not to experience brain death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

independent contractors don't qualify for the stimulus checks right?