Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Syncopated posted:

NYCGuidovoice dude is real!? Thought he was a photoshop or something, yikes

lol and ofc he's a big fat trump guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

when militia cosplayers entered the KY state capitol fully armed and masked, but still wore guest badges with their full name

https://twitter.com/gettyimagesnews/status/1223344677568634880?s=21

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i get owning a gun. i like shooting guns. i'm too stupid to own a gun.

i do not get putting on a balaclava and menacing people. at all.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
has anyone shot and killed an animal for sustenance with an AR? probably, but tell me it waan't to prove a point

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
in less controversial takes, western NC vinegar style chopped pork shoulder BBQ is the best

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

mooyashi posted:

has anyone shot and killed an animal for sustenance with an AR? probably, but tell me it waan't to prove a point

Somebody on my Facebook did exactly that

And "proved" that 5.56 is good for deer

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

mooyashi posted:

if you had a micropenis it would make more sense, probably

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mooyashi posted:

in less controversial takes, western NC vinegar style chopped pork shoulder BBQ is the best

I used to live outside Asheville NC and vinegar-based BBQ sauce is very tasty and unfairly maligned

also if you ever see a "carolina style" descriptor for a pulled pork sandwich it usually means cole slaw is in the sandwich, and it's now the only way I eat pulled pork

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Tulip posted:

The guy being used for the NYC Guido Voice avatar is from Boston? The ultimate disrespect.

STOP IT! Dis isn't who you are

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Filthy Hans posted:

I used to live outside Asheville NC and vinegar-based BBQ sauce is very tasty and unfairly maligned

also if you ever see a "carolina style" descriptor for a pulled pork sandwich it usually means cole slaw is in the sandwich, and it's now the only way I eat pulled pork
Cole Slaw on barbeque is so god drat good, but I never understood it as a side

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
my bro have you ever been late to a picnic

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
cole slaw for me is mostly like meatloaf... I like it if I made it and if somebody else made it it seems kinda gross. That said yeah it's an automatic add for a pulled pork sandwich regardless of who made it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

There’s a brand new luxury mega-mall in the meadowlands called The American Dream Mall (fka Xanadu) whose construction took fifteen years and involved multiple bankruptcies, multiple SEC investigations and multiple indicted New Jersey governors. The very day that the mall was finally set 2 open, all the malls in the state got shut down for u know what, and now with a second great depression looming, it’s quite likely that the brand new luxury mega mall will close permanently after 0 days of full capacity operation. The funniest part is that in order to get enough capital to finish the mall, the new owners leveraged their other property, the Mall of America, so that might close too lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

lmao it's gonna be like that gigantic hotel in Pyongyang

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

mooyashi posted:

What if you yell "Come ou ye black and tans" ?

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Algund Eenboom posted:

There’s a brand new luxury mega-mall in the meadowlands called The American Dream Mall (fka Xanadu) whose construction took fifteen years and involved multiple bankruptcies, multiple SEC investigations and multiple indicted New Jersey governors. The very day that the mall was finally set 2 open, all the malls in the state got shut down for u know what, and now with a second great depression looming, it’s quite likely that the brand new luxury mega mall will close permanently after 0 days of full capacity operation. The funniest part is that in order to get enough capital to finish the mall, the new owners leveraged their other property, the Mall of America, so that might close too lol

Isn't it also located in a county with blue laws so a good portion of its stores/attractions closed on Sundays?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

MD2020 posted:

Isn't it also located in a county with blue laws so a good portion of its stores/attractions closed on Sundays?

yeah lol

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/20/you-cant-shop-at-new-jerseys-american-dream-on-sundays-heres-why.html

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

MD2020 posted:

Yeah but football is on Sunday so that way the traffic from the mall doesn’t interfere, which is good because they never bothered to figure any of that poo poo out beforehand. Also there are a ton of extremely popular malls there so somethings going right I suppose

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lmao it's gonna be like that gigantic hotel in Pyongyang

My favorite thing about that empty rotting concrete shell was that they slapped some cheap looking faux glass cladding over it and called it a day. Including hiatuses due to the entire country running out of money, the Ryugyong hotel has been under construction for 33 years

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

My favorite thing about that empty rotting concrete shell was that they slapped some cheap looking faux glass cladding over it and called it a day. Including hiatuses due to the entire country running out of money, the Ryugyong hotel has been under construction for 33 years

you mean the future Trump Pyongyang?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/henrykrinkie/status/1245457588227133441?s=21

This is nuts. Never knew about it before

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Algund Eenboom posted:

holy moley I remember when they first started that boondoggle, they had an indoor ski slope that was operating for a while

the whole idea of the mall was that New Yorkers could take a train to the Meadowlands to do their luxury shopping

also I grew up in northern NJ and was amazed when I found out that blue laws weren't nationwide, it was just such a part of life there

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

This is kind of sad, he really never got over his mom dying and now lives in a permanent state of fugue melt down.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i dunno insane people tend to make great art

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
still listen to yeezus on the reg

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i'd feel bad about consuming the froth of crazy people but i also live in dc and there wouldn't be a single free gallery without it

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i feel no pain watching the video of Slavoj Zizek housing a couple of hotdogs and i know he wouldn't want me to

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/andrewm_webb/status/1245493805530451968?s=21

This thread is lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
just remembered tgrs closed the politics thread with very suspect reasoning by the mod lol

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

Until just now I, no lie, thought this dude was like a puppet from the Land of Confusion video.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i would love to be paid to be on TV being a stupid caricature of whatever it is that i am tbh

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
"hello and welcome to Fox and Friends, today we have High Functioning Alcoholic Mooyashi for you to hate"

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

"oh my monitor is off"

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Algund Eenboom posted:

Went there when the Nickelodeon place opened and it's really loving surreal to be inside a structure that large with almost no people inside. Just all kinds of empty storefronts, statues of the Paw Patrol, and a few people carrying around skis. I wish they stuck with "Xanadu" because it was too funny.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

you can't post that without linking the full thing https://www.goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf

while the whole thing comes across as a weird art project, the perimeter oscillation section could probably be made meaningful. frame it as an analysis of trends in the number of discrete fourier transforms and coefficients per transform required to reproduce a logo accurately. then look for correlations between actual buyers and the target market, and oh gently caress, i got marketing brainworms from reading it, didn't i?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GWBBQ posted:

then look for correlations between actual buyers and the target market, and oh gently caress, i got marketing brainworms from reading it, didn't i?

yeah, sorry friend

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Australia was (is?) on fire in the last year and the American media never reported it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LastInLine posted:

Australia was (is?) on fire in the last year and the American media never reported it

They're mostly out now but the fire season starts in June. Yes, it starts in the middle of winter.