Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
now that I think about it a racist healthcare system disproportionately covid testing sick black people could make a twisted sense.

although figuring out what exactly is happening is going to take some time since the number of positive cases and positive deaths are all completely hosed right now. it is entirely possible every similarly situated person no matter their race is catching and dying at the same rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
he has been speaking for five minutes straight and not said a god drat thing

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

Dog Toothbrush posted:

the issue is SAR/EMS availability if something goes wrong. communities that have thing like backpacking trails tend to have like 2 ICU beds 100 miles away and can barely serve their full-time residents in normal times. the mountain towns in colorado have literally told everyone to stay away and they'll ticket them if they don't, not sure if it's legal but they REALLY don't want you there

so this basically + impact on others in the area

In Georgia most of the major trailheads to the AT closed last week. Everyone wants to be out right now and it's making for a ton of congestion on the trails. Towns in the north of the state were telling people to stay home because they don't have the services to deal with non-locals getting sick/injured.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Asproigerosis posted:

Two components of this are almost certainly:

1) longstanding distrust of the rich white male medical apparatus among the black community (which is entirely understandable considering you got so much disinformation right now from assholes all over and the long history of racism ie slavery, Tuskegee experiment).

2) Systemic socioeconomic racism in health care towards blacks. If you dig into numbers their access to treatment and medical coverage is almost certainly way lower than other racial breakdowns. I mean, come on, everyone knows black people, especially women, overexagerate their pain and don't really need pain meds :downs:

Isn't that combo of systemic poverty and institutional racism in medicine resulting in disproportionate frequencies of stuff like obesity and uncontrolled diabetes/hypertension too?

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Dog Toothbrush posted:

the issue is SAR/EMS availability if something goes wrong. communities that have thing like backpacking trails tend to have like 2 ICU beds 100 miles away and can barely serve their full-time residents in normal times. the mountain towns in colorado have literally told everyone to stay away and they'll ticket them if they don't, not sure if it's legal but they REALLY don't want you there

so this basically + impact on others in the area

Ok, that makes sense.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Biden joined the Death Crew

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1245813451181744129?s=20

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

mod sassinator posted:

omfg jared kushner is talking now on the presser

No, that's obviously just the squeaky voiced teenager from The Simpsons.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

mod sassinator posted:

he has been speaking for five minutes straight and not said a god drat thing

That's because all they loving say up there is 'thank you for your excellent leadership __________'

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Love that all my non-online friends are losing their minds and becoming just as sane as my online ones because of this

ongoing three-hour texting conversation with one consisting just of various different alterations to/capitalizations on "where's my check" because that's his humor now after two weeks of not speaking aloud to another human

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1245834976643383297

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Love that all my non-online friends are losing their minds and becoming just as sane as my online ones because of this

ongoing three-hour texting conversation with one consisting just of various different alterations to/capitalizations on "where's my check" because that's his humor now after two weeks of not speaking aloud to another human

buy them an account

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Venom Snake posted:

the forcing states to bid against one another for medical equipment is going to destroy the union lmao

Union busting I can get behind :jihad:

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Sharkie posted:

if i go over to a guy's place rn this better be what's waiting on me

that, except I make beans

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

need to update :votegop: to reflect the dems as well

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

FAUXTON posted:

Isn't that combo of systemic poverty and institutional racism in medicine resulting in disproportionate frequencies of stuff like obesity and uncontrolled diabetes/hypertension too?

yeah that d probably do it

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

How do people watch these daily pressers? It's utter propaganda.

That Daniel Dale dude on Twitter just tweets everything Trump says. That's his job as a reporter. He must be insane.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Raiad posted:

need to update :votegop: to reflect the dems as well

needs to just be a row of american flags being replaced by skulls at this point imo

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
lmao establishment Dems now counting on being able to win over the "no disease will deny me my freedoms" caucus and suppressing the younger vote by counting on younger people who want M4A to generally want people to be healthy

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

No why is this happening!?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

How do people watch these daily pressers? It's utter propaganda.

That Daniel Dale dude on Twitter just tweets everything Trump says. That's his job as a reporter. He must be insane.

because the propaganda is pathetic and that makes it hilarious? this mushmouthed army man is up there now bragging about how states can expect *a couple hundred* ventilators to fight this, as if that is more than a drop in the bucket.

i mean we could just scream and scream and scream instead, both valid options imho

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

XK posted:

No why is this happening!?

The Simpons squeaky voiced teen sure has moved up in the world!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Sharkie posted:

if i go over to a guy's place rn this better be what's waiting on me

Feeling very prohibited right now

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
hope that aircraft carrier commander parks that thing off the east coast and unloads on DC as his resignation letter

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Chard posted:

backpack camping should be pretty safe, i wouldn't car camp though.

Yeah it would be backcountry camping, like 3 miles from the trailhead is where I'm thinking

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

we are a failed state

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Being poor literally destroys your heart. Poor people are more likely to be in a constant Fight-or-Flight mode because there's never enough money and they're always worried or anxious about whether or not they'll be able to pay for bills/rent/food. Theres also the anger that comes with being rejected by society at large and being the scapegoat for the wealthy.

Turns out, having no control over your life and being discriminatied against leads to horrible levels of hypertension! God bless America.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

suicide by Biden

:zpatriot::zpatriot::zpatriot::zpatriot:                                                                                  :corsair:

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 23:20 on Apr 2, 2020

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1245837417480744962

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Jared Kushner looks like a hot dog wearing a suit.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
$500 for a nintendo switch gently caress OFFFF I just wanted to animal crossing

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Asproigerosis posted:

$500 for a nintendo switch gently caress OFFFF I just wanted to animal crossing

TRUMP BUX!

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elderbean posted:

Being poor literally destroys your heart. Poor people are more likely to be in a constant Fight-or-Flight mode because there's never enough money and they're always worried or anxious about whether or not they'll be able to pay for bills/rent/food. Theres also the anger that comes with being rejected by society at large and being the scapegoat for the wealthy.

Turns out, having no control over your life and being discriminatied against leads to horrible levels of hypertension! God bless America.

Feeling all of this strongly but every day i thank jesus i don't have the stressful 80 hour work week of a fortune 500 ceo. even their lunches are business! :ohdear:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

can't go outside or i might die

I can't either but I'm going to try to go camping in the middle of nowhere tomorrow just for my mental health. I'm feeling a serious problem coming on. I also need to go grocery shopping for perishables and the Kroger here is not something I trust due to the fact 2 nursing homes and a hospital are across the street both are infected. I'm thinking of picking up what I need on my way home from camping in a less infected area that's not as populated

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tvline/status/1245811175012610055?s=21

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i almost had a heart attack when i saw this but then i stopped because it's a bad idea right now

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
ugh we're not getting these hundred thousand ventilators until june at the earliest

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

That is the look of a true leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

he looks like a sickly British noble