Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My Gimmick Name posted:

Wizards of the Coasts knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Paramemetic posted:

edit: nm I guess it is even more hilarious

death touch is the “poisonous” thing in hearthstone. basically it makes any damage from the creature with the trait kill whatever it attacked.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1245845212594929664?s=20

Pence is going to max out his personal credit card to pay for tests

non-refundable tax credits!

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

anyone else feel that, as an introvert, they have been preparing for these events for their whole lives?

edit: wow reddit gold! thank you

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Lol mana you fuckkin nerds

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

anyone else feel that, as an introvert, they have been preparing for these events for their whole lives?

edit: wow reddit gold! thank you

:chloe:

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Does anyone have links to projections for cases/deaths, possible timelines? I know there are ones floating around from maybe 2 weeks ago, but are there revised ones? I'm still trying to wrap my head around what exponential is going to look like.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/04/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

The USA has crossed 6,000 total deaths according to BNO's tracker.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

OhFunny posted:

we'll be over 10k sometime on saturday i assume

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

My Gimmick Name posted:

Wizards of the Coasts knew

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

ricecult posted:

Does anyone have links to projections for cases/deaths, possible timelines? I know there are ones floating around from maybe 2 weeks ago, but are there revised ones? I'm still trying to wrap my head around what exponential is going to look like.

the best case option dr. birx and fauci were showing a couple days ago was 200k dead americans. the worst case bound was about 2 million dead. in the last 48 hours we've consistently been doing worse than their worst case scenario

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
that magic card whips rear end

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I have stayed within a quarter mile of my apt for the past month holy gently caress

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

OhFunny posted:

a second 9/11 has hit the death count!!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

the best case option dr. birx and fauci were showing a couple days ago was 200k dead americans. the worst case bound was about 2 million dead. in the last 48 hours we've consistently been doing worse than their worst case scenario

the president makes such a thing possible for us all

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

im glad we styill have the epic depressed goons of the world for some perspective. thank you man being locked inside isnt that bad because you ahve depression.

millions of ppl have to exist in worse conditions (prison, backbreaking stoop labor, working in a chicken plant) every day of their lives and they don't all "go crazy"

the twitter "haha we're all cracking up!!!" stuff is performative nonsense and you know it

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Farm Frenzy posted:

im glad we styill have the epic depressed goons of the world for some perspective. thank you man being locked inside isnt that bad because you ahve depression.

Not all hero's wear capes

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

think outside of the box, perhaps inside of a refrigerated trailer

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

ricecult posted:

here is a decent one that has a nice interface and regularly updates: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

the model is built on data for critical cases in hospital, largely from China, and weights government enforced social distancy. It may be a significant underestimate.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

What a time to be a necromancer

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Their orthodox population already has extremely high rates of infection because they're religious functions all involve communal gathering and they refuse to listen to the government.

Hhhhah OWNED

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

OhFunny posted:

3.4% fatality rate :downs:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

friendly 2 da void posted:

millions of ppl have to exist in worse conditions (prison, backbreaking stoop labor, working in a chicken plant) every day of their lives and they don't all "go crazy"

the twitter "haha we're all cracking up!!!" stuff is performative nonsense and you know it

They’re “venting” which is valid

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

3.4% fatality rate :downs:

It's going to be months to a year before testing becomes ubiquitous enough for the testing bias is a small enough factor to get a real idea of the true CFR.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Their orthodox population already has extremely high rates of infection because they're religious functions all involve communal gathering and they refuse to listen to the government.

rod dreher and other hardcore christians are having a massive internal argument about this as well. there's a lot of parts of orthodox christianity that have to be done in person and must go on. so far there's one group that claims if they are all that serious about their faith they need to go out and risk it or they will be shown to be full of poo poo, and then nobody will take them seriously on abortion and gays. and then there is another faction that wants to put it all on hold, because if they get sick christians will be scapegoated and then nobody will take them seriously on abortion and gays.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I love how religion just used to just make up rules for humanity's survival like not eating pork(parasites) etc, but now we are completely immovable as a species and we will die in our best suits at church listening to how gays prevented our wet lord from saving us

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
let them fight dot reference

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

i used to play a sick pox deck

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

PSA: Easily the best piece of virus art going on right now is the Megg Mogg and Owl comic that Simon Hanselmann is drawing daily on Instagram.

:nws:
https://www.instagram.com/simon.hanselmann
:nws:

gently caress yeah megg and Mogg are really good

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

first 9/11 took 92 years, second took 2 1/2 months, third took 3 days

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Crazypoops posted:

I love how religion just used to just make up rules for humanity's survival like not eating pork(parasites) etc, but now we are completely immovable as a species and we will die in our best suits at church listening to how gays prevented our wet lord from saving us

Mormons running victory laps with their whole living prophet / ongoing revelation thing while other churches scramble to figure out how to contend with changing situations

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazypoops posted:

Hahahaha owned!!

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

neutral milf hotel posted:

gently caress yeah megg Mogg and owl are really good

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Wonderful, simply glorious.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RedneckwithGuns posted:

It's going to be months to a year before testing becomes ubiquitous enough for the testing bias is a small enough factor to get a real idea of the true CFR.

we have a "true CFR". it's literally the fatality ratio for positive cases--which just so happens to be poo poo because we're only testing people about to die because we don't want to test everyone and make number go up and make strongman daddy look bad, that's intentional. but it is a number and a number based on how shitly we're doing testing so if you are allowed to get tested within our poo poo-testing program you have a number of how likely you are to die.

now if you mean like, actual mortality rate, yeah.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MysteriousStranger posted:

rod dreher and other hardcore christians are having a massive internal argument about this as well. there's a lot of parts of orthodox christianity that have to be done in person and must go on. so far there's one group that claims if they are all that serious about their faith they need to go out and risk it or they will be shown to be full of poo poo, and then nobody will take them seriously on abortion and gays. and then there is another faction that wants to put it all on hold, because if they get sick christians will be scapegoated and then nobody will take them seriously on abortion and gays.

I really can’t see how they can disobey literal dogma without being fakers, heretics, apostate, ect so I’m on team “ya gotta do it”.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

why.... is godzilla in magic the gathering now?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

friendly 2 da void posted:

how can you say this in the middle of this of all threads lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paramemetic posted:

Mormons running victory laps with their whole living prophet / ongoing revelation thing while other churches scramble to figure out how to contend with changing situations

It was a risky maneuver but it’s been paying off big time for them since the USA backed down and let them run Utah