Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

VectorSigma posted:

breaking: rugby island devastated by spacegodzilla death corona

god loving damnit sprotsball is canceled AGAIN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

It's rugby league, so you have to make sure there aren't any dogs on the island.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
so is rand paul dead yet

he tested positive march 22, and the last news thing i saw about him was march 24 when he was pushing gun stores as essential business

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fermun posted:

Thurs April 2 - 28,239 positives, 117,689 tests, 24.0% positive results

lol, we're never gonna know how many people in the US died of this because there's nowhere near enough testing.

what are the models for the correction factor to the real number infected based on this?

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

fermun posted:

Thurs April 2 - 28,239 positives, 117,689 tests, 24.0% positive results

lol, we're never gonna know how many people in the US died of this because there's nowhere near enough testing.

We'll be able to best guess it based on avg deaths vs previous year or whatever. That may also catch a lot of "died of unrelated thing because hospital was full" but I feel like that counts when looking at our dipshit response to this pandemic

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
no way that card could be real. it's too on the nose and magic would never dona kaiju set, but lmfao here we are, 2020, the year of God wherein all m anner of madness is not only welcomed, it's allowed.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Wife was exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19 and for the past three days she's had the worst dry cough Ive ever heard a fever, fatigue and aching joints. Won't fgiver her a test unless she's getting admitted to the ER. She seems to be recovering thankfully but was it the Roni? Literally will never know.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah i know my grumble could come across as WORK ETHIC but really we need ubi + automation + 20h week

there is zero reason a robot cannot make my whoppers, instead of some poor fuckin $7.50 an hour hispanic kid

Capitalism is supposed to allocate resources efficiently but it turns out "efficiently" just means "in a way that some people can feel superior to other people" and I loving hate it

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Sedisp posted:

Wife was exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19 and for the past three days she's had the worst dry cough Ive ever heard a fever, fatigue and aching joints. Won't fgiver her a test unless she's getting admitted to the ER. She seems to be recovering thankfully but was it the Roni? Literally will never know.

she got ronnied

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

LentThem posted:

so is rand paul dead yet

he tested positive march 22, and the last news thing i saw about him was march 24 when he was pushing gun stores as essential business

I hope so, we could use some good news

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/Agenzia_Italia/status/1245772406091845633?s=20

Wow! Apparently there is a whole sector of the Italian economy that makes eggs out of chocolate! Or rather, there was

free market binch

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

LentThem posted:

so is rand paul dead yet

So far it seems like only cool people die so I'm going to assume Rand is fine and coughing on his neighbor's mail

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Sedisp posted:

might find out if they develop a titer test at some point it the far future, but yeah there are so many more cases than being reported its insane.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

she got ronnied

I assume but it'd be nice to know if she's got immunity or she just got a one in a million flu.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
first thing im gonna do when we get out of here is get some fancy chocolate eggs

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

might find out if they develop a titer test at some point it the far future, but yeah there are so many more cases than being reported its insane.

i am an expert in titer tests btw

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
No virus but the class virus

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sedisp posted:

Yeah that sounds very classical 'roni'd; internet doctoring webmding poo poo from a series of tubes to you, but i would unquestionably say that was the roni if i was a doctor. it might be a bit more "well solid chance it was but possibly not" if not for the fact she was exposed to someone who was confirmed, that p much shoots it in 99% territory right there.

i may have had a very mild to asymptomatic case of the 'roni for most of march, but i did not get a straight up fever or involuntary cough so i'll never know either. welcome to the "we'll never know" club.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 01:21 on Apr 3, 2020

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

"mr paul, is there anything you'd like to say before we intubate you? it may be your last chance"

"the gun is good"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I hate america

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
one of my friends has already gotten his federal covid-19 stimulus money. WTF?! I'm so angry lmao

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1245855323966980096

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stereotype posted:

Capitalism is supposed to allocate resources efficiently but it turns out "efficiently" just means "in a way that some people can feel superior to other people" and I loving hate it

like, as a person that DID work for a short stint in a mcdonalds, it's already robotic assembly. It's just that one part of the robotic assembly process still 'requires' a human that is CONSTANTLY running around hitting CANCEL on an infinite, never ending series of shrill deep fryer and grill timers and squirting exactly 2.0 pumps not 1.7 not 2.2 of mayo onto a loving burger. The sole reason that position exists is so lovely customers can yell at a lovely manager who can then turn around and visibly yell at a sweating, exhausted person trying to make people's food the exact same way every time.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Taintrunner posted:

I hate america

yikes-a-roni

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

I hate america

Great time to kick off a new business, what with everyone penniless and terrified of human contact

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

If by "allocate resources efficiently" you mean "shift everything to equity-based compensation for the executive team while ratcheting up share buybacks to unprecedented levels" then yes you described how capitalism works.

WOuldn't it be hilarious if entry level workers got equity based compensation, hahahah could you even loving imagine what those morons would do with all that money.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Jonny 290 posted:

like, as a person that DID work for a short stint in a mcdonalds, it's already robotic assembly. It's just that one part of the robotic assembly process still 'requires' a human that is CONSTANTLY running around hitting CANCEL on an infinite, never ending series of shrill deep fryer and grill timers and squirting exactly 2.0 pumps not 1.7 not 2.2 of mayo onto a loving burger. The sole reason that position exists is so lovely customers can yell at a lovely manager who can then turn around and visibly yell at a sweating, exhausted person trying to make people's food the exact same way every time.

capitalism theater

we need the boomers to think capitalism is still alive or else they won't go away peacefully

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

one of my friends has already gotten his federal covid-19 stimulus money. WTF?! I'm so angry lmao

lol what, the 1200? they sure it isn't like their normal tax return or smtg?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5dm8bx/leaked-amazon-memo-details-plan-to-smear-fired-warehouse-organizer-hes-not-smart-or-articulate
https://twitter.com/pblest/status/1245864446263607296

this has probably already been posted but is there like a strike fund i can contribute to

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the phrase "side hustle" is loving poison in my ears

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I like to pretend me and everyone one I love have the roni and we’re all asymptomatic

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

hmm you don't say

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

While I've worked some non-tech jobs, I've never actually worked a customer facing service industry job and I am incredibly privileged to be able to say that and am extraordinarily nice to everyone I meet who does because everyone seems legitimately happy when I do, since it apparently doesn't happen much.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Perplx posted:

I like to pretend me and everyone one I love have the roni and we’re all asymptomatic

you got something even better, the

*crack* *ping*

now go spread it

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Meanwhile biden won't criticize lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

tertiary hustle

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Taintrunner posted:

I hate america

Why can't I lack motivation? Because that's the cause. I gave up on life a long time ago, and that's OK.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
My county just had its first death. We only have 17 cases giving us a mortality rate of 5.8%. Dude was in his 50s and we don't have an overwhelmed health system. Haha I've been making tasteless jokes to cope all day :shepface:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

It's rugby league, so you have to make sure there aren't any dogs on the island.

Unfortunately, I understand that reference. :chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the phrase "side hustle" is loving poison in my ears

companies sure love it when their employees have side hustles and little moonlight jobs under the table