Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

new kind of cat posted:

i hope jared kushner gets the roni and also a kick in the balls

I don't want Kushner to get coronavirus because if he has to go to hospital, you can be sure he'd be given top priority over less well-connected patients, and might divert important care away from someone who isn't a poo poo.

I would like him to be kicked in the balls though. On live television if possible. And I would like the kick to propel him backwards into a very deep hole, reminding people of that bit in 300.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

iirc China spend about 4 trillion in infrastructure in 2008 ans well I think we just lit 3.7 trillion on fire idk.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

I read the trump thread every day through all of the 2016 election and I loving can't even remember what forgettable piece of poo poo was vp on the ballot. Tim Kaine maybe? gently caress me oh my god what the hell lol

the only reason i even remember his name is because lin manuel miranda had that godawful "tim kaine in the membrane" rap and i can't get that horrible clip out of my brain

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Malawi has dug up some test kits and now has 3 confirmed cases. Only countries without confirmed cases left in Africa are South Sudan, Comoros and Sao Tome and Lesotho which handled the AIDS pandemic so badly that there is a political movement in the country devoted to being annexed by South Africa on the basis they might handle it better

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol :patriot:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Malawi has dug up some test kits and now has 3 confirmed cases. Only countries without confirmed cases left in Africa are South Sudan, Comoros and Sao Tome and Lesotho which handled the AIDS pandemic so badly that there is a political movement in the country devoted to being annexed by South Africa on the basis they might handle it better

Comoros didn’t do so good either it’s rough just with everything but aids

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jollity Farm posted:

I don't want Kushner to get coronavirus because if he has to go to hospital, you can be sure he'd be given top priority over less well-connected patients, and might divert important care away from someone who isn't a poo poo.

I would like him to be kicked in the balls though. On live television if possible. And I would like the kick to propel him backwards into a very deep hole, reminding people of that bit in 300.

he looks real feeble -- those inbred blue blood dynasties prolly ain't the sturdiest.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Solarin posted:

remember how trump slashed SNAP benefits before the economy collapsed

managed to get an injunction against it, otherwise it would have went into action yesterday

quote:

But come April 1, Dominguez and nearly a million other SNAP recipients would have no longer been able to rely on SNAP. That’s when policy changes forcing recipients to find jobs or lose their benefits—amid an unprecedented downturn in the economy due to the COVID-19 pandemic—would have taken effect. Thankfully, advocates from 21 states, New York City, and Washington, DC, were able to halt the changes just weeks earlier.

Expecting SNAP recipients to find jobs at a moment like this would have been tantamount to “starving them,” in Dickinson’s words.

“If Trump’s new rule went into effect on April 1,” she posits, “these people would be limited to three months of SNAP and then they would be cut off from benefits for three years, unless they could prove they were working twenty hours a week.”

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Ahh, so it's our fault. I knew it.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

if covid 19 doesn't hurry im going to die from a fatal case of slow burn chronic anxiety (over not having covid 19) before i have a chance to get infected and experience the rona myself!!

sad

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Once again, the American people are failing Mr. Trump

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lmao imagine being a passenger on the ghost ship. You wake up after a few hours unconscious but you assume it's been weeks and the world has collapsed as you walk from empty room to empty room trying to find a doctor

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Vonnegut knew

https://twitter.com/Kurt_Vonnegut/status/1245864391712464897?s=19

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Gripweed posted:

Ahh, so it's our fault. I knew it.

yah some americans didn't properly interpret strong daddy trump's flaccid instructions which actually meant "this is very real and you need to be concerned so take this seriously"

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

the only reason i even remember his name is because lin manuel miranda had that godawful "tim kaine in the membrane" rap and i can't get that horrible clip out of my brain

at least you didn't get stuck calling him Trim Kaine which is the only memory i have of him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

like us dumb internet posters all figured out in 2 minutes that that ship could not help at all weeks ago

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol 1200 staff but 1000 beds. there isn't room for more future patients, much less the people already on the boat!! duh

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The honest truth is theres no such thing as a good VP pick. Like name one where you can look back and say drat that was/would have been a good VP. Cursed position.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1245888121000116230?s=21

what?

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Also: the lead that's still in the water pipes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dick cheney was incredible

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgakov posted:

lol 1200 staff but 1000 beds. there isn't room for more future patients, much less the people already on the boat!! duh

"We have 200 more staff than we have beds. But of those, 143 are Little Spoons. This situation is not sustainable."

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Trump might be confused.

might

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1245897901550833665

ACAB and all that but you need a non diseased police department to keep order for the most part so like this is bad

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The honest truth is theres no such thing as a good VP pick. Like name one where you can look back and say drat that was/would have been a good VP. Cursed position.

If Biden chose Bernie Sanders as his running mate, I don't know if it would be "good" or not, but it would be v. funny to see the Twitter reactions.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nypd doesn’t keep order

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

huh, if only basically everything wasn't an essential service that made us have to go into work, maybe we could social distance a bit more

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

facetoucher cat posted:

ACAB and all that but you need a non diseased police department to keep order for the most part so like this is bad

I don't think you do. Luckily, we're gonna find out which of us is correct

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

facetoucher cat posted:

That's like 2% of the force. NYC in general has like 1% of the population testing positive already.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

euphronius posted:

nypd doesn’t keep order

they keep orders from the donut shop

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Can someone post a side by side of Jared and Martin from the movie Vivarium? The og salesman.

Thanks in advance

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
president don't brain so good

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/1245855337866915842

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

facetoucher cat posted:

nypd had a hissy fit and stopped working for a few days and crime dropped like a rock. disagree

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

didnt all the uniformed nypd go on strike a few years ago and nothing happened

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

nypd had a hissy fit and stopped working for a few days and crime dropped like a rock. disagree

lol yesss

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Sharkie posted:

Yeah i'm starting to think no one will ever get those checks lol. Three months from now there'll be some new issue about how the irs is "reviewing guidance and developing procedures" or some bs and the checks will be delayed another 6 months. Then delayed again. In the end a few people making like 70k who have extensive experience dealing with the irs may end up getting them but basically. Those checks ain't coming lol.

no cheques, no wal-mart drivethrus, no miracle drug. trump is incredible.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

fifty state landslide. tromp now, tromp eternal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

facetoucher cat posted:

During Katrina the NOPD set up shop on a bridge and started opening fire on any unarmed minorities that happened to wander by, just for fun.

No I think the police won't be very helpful if things get worse