Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Motherfucker posted:

while I'm at it what button is it to couch a spear?

It's X, but the game's a lot more restrictive about what polearms can be couched than Warband. If the item description doesn't have "couch lance" in it then it's not couchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
aserai are hot garbage in multiplayer

and I keep loving getting them

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

They're also available, like warband, from the "peasant" line, peasants are often found as prisoners in looter groups, all cultures produce the same mercs, but they're basically copies of other troops I think. The crossbow merks are basically vlandian crossbow troops with different armour.

Peasants are great because you can go Peasant -> Watchman -> Merc Scout -> Merc Horsemen -> Merc Cavalry

Merc Cavalry are probably the easiest high level cav to acquire and don't require a fancy 1k war horse to upgrade. A lovely Trotter will do fine and they upgrade to horses at tier 3 scout, meaning that Raise the Meek will automatically get them to the Merc Horsemen level.

If you want to do an all mounted army and don't want to gently caress with the Khuzait line, rescuing peasants is probably your best bet.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Was defending a siege, trying to figure out wtf is happening. No enemies are appearing?

I look around and I find the enemies here:

They are SUPPOSED to come out at the ladders. Instead, they glitch onto the overhand and get stuck there. Parked my archers nearby and they all died.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I bought 3 workshops during the 200 income cap patch and was not too fussed about it, thought it was balanced enough.. Until they removed it.

I immediately gained near 2.5 Million denars until it fixed itself and now I make a profit of about 1000+ while owning a city and 4 workshops (and a big army/garrison).

Anyone else get hit with that at all? Seems odd for me to just get a metric poo poo ton of income and then have it dwindle to nothing over an in game week.

Money is literally no issue for me for the foreseeable future and I don't even know what to do with it.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Slumpy posted:

I bought 3 workshops during the 200 income cap patch and was not too fussed about it, thought it was balanced enough.. Until they removed it.

I immediately gained near 2.5 Million denars until it fixed itself and now I make a profit of about 1000+ while owning a city and 4 workshops (and a big army/garrison).

Anyone else get hit with that at all? Seems odd for me to just get a metric poo poo ton of income and then have it dwindle to nothing over an in game week.

Money is literally no issue for me for the foreseeable future and I don't even know what to do with it.

The way I understand it is that workshop dole out their profits to you. So what happened when they put the cap on was that workshops would send 200 of the cash they had amassed, and kept the rest in bank. So when they removed the cap they just sent you all they had accumulated, until it’s back down to regular daily profits.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Same. Sitting on 171k and own a castle and two villages. Cant really recruit fast enough to spend it all.

Battanian Flan Champions are so loving nuts. Expecting a nerf to them and hopefully a buff to crossbowmen eventually.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I lost the red and green coloring for comparing equipment. I've seen that bug mentioned a few times in this thread, but the thread moves fast and I don't remember if anyone's posted a fix yet. Is there a way to get the colors back or is it just gonna be this way until I start a new campaign?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Haven't bought a workshop yet. Still wandering around killing looters and bandits, and will probably just dump all my money into trade or something at some point and then buy up a workshop.

I get someone said that lumber workshops produce too much money, but my question is: Does it matter where you buy a workshop? What empire? What if you buy a workshop it a city with an empire that you got to war with? Is there a cap of how many you can own?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you end up at war with a city I think it just straight up deletes your workshop, you don't own it any more.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Good to know, thanks. So pick workshops in safe places.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Save corruption is still a thing, despite the patch

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Glitchiest battle of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADtOnFKw2Jw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZnWrHcF_3Q

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

BeAuMaN posted:

Haven't bought a workshop yet. Still wandering around killing looters and bandits, and will probably just dump all my money into trade or something at some point and then buy up a workshop.

I get someone said that lumber workshops produce too much money, but my question is: Does it matter where you buy a workshop? What empire? What if you buy a workshop it a city with an empire that you got to war with? Is there a cap of how many you can own?

nominally it makes the product from the city's stores, so you want something with villages who give the parent city the product. epicotret or whatev is good for wood, for instance

OwlFancier posted:

If you end up at war with a city I think it just straight up deletes your workshop, you don't own it any more.

nah it stays forever

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I lost the red and green coloring for comparing equipment. I've seen that bug mentioned a few times in this thread, but the thread moves fast and I don't remember if anyone's posted a fix yet. Is there a way to get the colors back or is it just gonna be this way until I start a new campaign?

I've seen people mention it happening when you take perks in the Trade skill. I've avoided that and haven't had the bug so far, so maybe that's it?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Ms Adequate posted:

Also, the "Train 10 guys" quest is thoroughly bugged, I tried it twice and both times had no ability to actually turn it in (I tried talking to the quest givers directly, waiting things out in one place and got the Fission Mailed when the time expired, and later in the other village I tried actually dumping the trained guys off in the party screen in case that was it, same deal, no dice).

It's not broken, just bad descriptions by the devs. You take the ten borrowed troop and train them to veteran borrowed troop. When you do this and go to the world map, the quest completes and asks if you want to keep them or send them home automatically.

I want to do another playthrough of this game but all the bugs and predictable AI behavior of the southern empire makes me want to pass until full release.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

What's up with multiplayer? Is there really only less than a dozen servers available? It takes forever to quicksearch as well.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

nah it stays forever

When I went to war with people the workshop income disappeared and also the workshops disappeared from the clan list.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Workshops disappear for me too and do not reappear. It might be a forcible sale, I got a huge cash injection while the income cap was still on when one workshop got conquered.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Well my faction was doing good but then they declared war on like every other faction in the game and now we're down to one city and I've been executing all my prisoners so I guess I'm ride or die.

Bastards won't even give me a castle.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is this good?

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Do you have a strong affinity for the original?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Cerebulon posted:

I've seen people mention it happening when you take perks in the Trade skill. I've avoided that and haven't had the bug so far, so maybe that's it?

Yeah I think that's exactly what it was. I chose my first perk in that line.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Chopstix posted:

What's up with multiplayer? Is there really only less than a dozen servers available? It takes forever to quicksearch as well.

yeah this has been bugging me

400+ people in the 6v6 commander queue for 10 minutes before i find a game :wtc:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

My Spirit Otter posted:

Did they not fix the banner quest? I have 2 pieces and it didnt give me a 3rd after clearing the hideout.

I went back to the dude who's piece I need but he just asked me if I was finished yet

I have seen others have problems with this quest. It seems that several hideouts spawn on top of each other over time. So you have to keep clearing the hideout until you hit the one that's the quest hideout and not just a random spawn. But that's a 2nd or 3rd hand explanation and I don't know if it will work for you.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How are you guys getting over that first 15k hump to start investing in caravans and workshops for residual income? Quests for fiefs and looter left overs don't really seem to be enough to get me there, are you doing mercenary work or what?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

yeah do mercenary work and then just chill with an army not way in over its head and you'll make enough to bankroll whatever

once you get clan 2 and can join up with whatever faction you can start making good money, then just buy up some workshops when you can and soon enough you'll be in the green

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Well, before you can own a caravan, you need to run a caravan. Enough troops to deter most bandits, and you buy somewhere that's very cheap, like a town that makes furs, and then sell it somewhere where it's valuable. You can make a pretty decent amount of cash doing this.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Tournaments that offer armor as the reward are usually pretty good money, especially if you always savescum and bet on yourself.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 3, 2020

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I joined the Southern Empire as they steamrolled the Aserai, and I have made 35k just looting and selling everything I earn after battles. I don't really need to do anything to make money - one castle's income covers almost all my operating costs.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

NeurosisHead posted:

How are you guys getting over that first 15k hump to start investing in caravans and workshops for residual income? Quests for fiefs and looter left overs don't really seem to be enough to get me there, are you doing mercenary work or what?

My strat has been the following:

When you get to 3K gold, it's actually worth it to start trading. A few good trades will put you so far ahead it is unbelievable. You can always start mercenary work and try to reap the rewards of your battles, but that seems highly dependant on lucking out on a few good battles. Trading isn't so much luck as just eventual profit. Buy low (check for green number on prices), and sell high (red numbers). You CAN hunt around for rumors and such, but I find it a pain in the rear end. Later perks in the trading tree can make that less of a hassle by specializing in workshops or caravans and they can then add to rumors of profit. Make sure to have one proper horse (IE not sumpter) for every foot troop you have, to increase travelling speed.

So until then: just buy low what you need, and plan a path, stop at each city, check the prices, have a variety of products, sell high, just keep going around Calradia. You'll hit 20k before you know it.

I spent an entire year doing this but decided to restart since the Kazhait where starting to steamroll the map already. I hope the latest fix (reduce lords surrender chance) helps mitigate that somewhat. We'll see!

/edit/ One more thing: ideally, try staying off of consumables since you never know how long it might take to find your super profitable location.

Popoto fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 3, 2020

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you guys are having trouble with the arena 1v1 fights just block the guys first swing and continually run into them to your right while swinging left. If you keep your left shoulder against the enemy while doing that they won't block a single attack. Whenever i go up against bandit leaders I just cheese it doing this now, because they don't deserve a fair fight.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Also, the "Train 10 guys" quest is thoroughly bugged, I tried it twice and both times had no ability to actually turn it in (I tried talking to the quest givers directly, waiting things out in one place and got the Fission Mailed when the time expired, and later in the other village I tried actually dumping the trained guys off in the party screen in case that was it, same deal, no dice).

I was thoroughly confused by this as I kept going back to the village and trying to talk to the Headman, who just would act as if it were still the beginning of the quest.

I then dismissed the remaining non-veteran borrowed troops plus a wounded vet troop (leaving me with 7 vets, all unwounded). I then got a pop-up saying they are all trained, do you want to send them back to Headman X? Click yes and they are automatically removed from your party. I was in the vicinity of the village, but I don't assume you have to be.

So good news, if it works properly you don't even need to go back and discuss it!

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.
Bit of a weird question but is there any way to make my faction suck more? My Khuzait pals have gone and conquered most of the map now and nobody can even slightly match them in troop counts/power. Kind of unsure what to do now as the only real enemies left are bandits.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

ive started and stopped three campaigns so far and it seems like if you want to be on the constantly losing end of the rope go with aserai

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.

Berke Negri posted:

ive started and stopped three campaigns so far and it seems like if you want to be on the constantly losing end of the rope go with aserai

I would very much like a camel...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

Was defending a siege, trying to figure out wtf is happening. No enemies are appearing?

I look around and I find the enemies here:

They are SUPPOSED to come out at the ladders. Instead, they glitch onto the overhand and get stuck there. Parked my archers nearby and they all died.

Jeff just brought the wrong size ladders to the siege

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

PhantomZero posted:

The people who come with you when you can't bring everyone are ranked in order from top to bottom in your party management screen. You can click and drag your troops to change the order.

This isn't working like you say it is. I'm still getting randoms in the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Chopstix posted:

Are you using the matchmaker in the European region? That put me into matches very quickly.

When I had it set to North America it took loving forever. Multiplayer is a real mess, I really hate that it just dumps you back to the menu when the map finishes.