Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

LastInLine posted:

Australia was (is?) on fire in the last year and the American media never reported it
Well, a good chunk of us heard about the rash of eco terrorist fire starters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

US cable news sucks rear end and and pretty much point cameras at Trump for the lowest effort per viewer, but the Australian fires prominently featured while the Brazil and Russia fires were footnotes to that.

Subjunctive posted:

yeah, sorry friend
how about we just go for target market and say that fancy, frilly poo poo is advertised to rich people while simpler, less needlessly ornate, and quickly recognazible designs are aimed at the rest of us, but go too far and you get Meh branded crap from marketers who thought it was the branding and not the price that attracted millenials because obviously if Daria didn't give a poo poo, neither did our generation, and completely missed the fact that the Gilded was a result of the petit bourgeois embracing and romanticizing superficial aesthetics nd not advertisers hacking their brains?

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 00:05 on Apr 3, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

LastInLine posted:

Australia was (is?) on fire in the last year and the American media never reported it

also on fire last year: the amazon rainforest

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/699412331286171649

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lol i just remembered boris johnson got corona last week

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ramadu posted:

lol i just remembered boris johnson got corona last week

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1245704748679995394

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Osama Bin Laden's burial at sea.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-jYhxUaBbk

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

quote:

The spying game wasn't all it was cracked up to be for Craig Monteilh, a convicted criminal recruited by the FBI to investigate the march of radical Islam into Southern California. His endless talk of violent "jihad" so alarmed worshippers at the local mosque, that they took out a restraining order against him.

Monteilh spent 15 months pretending to be Farouk al-Aziz, a French Syrian in search of his religious roots. He prayed five times a day at the Islamic Centre in Irvine, Orange County, wearing white robes with a camera hidden in one of its buttons, and carried a set of car keys that contained a secret listening device.

The enthusiastic attempt to catch local Muslims discussing terror campaigns backfired, however, when community leaders went to the police with fears that the suddenly devout young man, who got up to pray at 4am, had become a radical in their midst.

The terror case Monteilh had been helping build against Ahmadullah Niazi, the brother-in-law of Osama bin Laden's bodyguard, collapsed in September, when the bungling informant revealed that his FBI handlers had instructed him to entrap his potential target and told him that "Islam is a threat to our national security".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/fbi-plant-banned-by-mosque-ndash-because-he-was-too-extreme-2153057.html

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Allegedly done because the Seals mutilated his body beyond recognition

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the insane Sy Hersch story that said it was all a crack up

still dont know what to believe about that

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
I would completely believe it was a walk in tip and they made up a story about the courier to cover for it.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sy Hersh is the god

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Sy Hersh making up bullshit excuses for Assad

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Shut the gently caress up, bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Sy Hersh making up bullshit excuses for Assad
That reminds me. If you would have told me in the aftermath of 9/11 that the US would provide weapons to Al-Qaeda like 10 years later I would have assumed you were completely insane. Remember when Al-Qaeda were the bad guys lol.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Remember when trump tried to buy Greenland lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
the Guantanamo prison

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

people buying bottles of french wine and dumping them in the gutter

people blowing up Yeti coolers

i would absolutely try and piss off conservatives as Brand Strategy because they love buying and destroying things

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
also the spearhead of the freedom fries thing was Walter someone from my home state and he later apologized for being a reactionary moron, incredibly

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
walter jones. he didn't apologize for the fries but did apologize for the iraq war, which is even more stunning

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ramadu posted:

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

when the country that started vietnam tells you that you're loving up bad by starting a colonial war

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

mooyashi posted:

people blowing up Yeti coolers
lol first you are dumb enough to buy a $300 cooler, then you blow it up

what'd yeti do?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
they stopped doing business with the NRA. that's it. that's all it was.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ramadu posted:

thats absurd

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ramadu posted:

He canceled a meeting with the Danes shortly after because he was bitter.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
trump bad at civ

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
actually now that i think of it i loved razing countries to the ground and buying their outposts in a video game but also it was a video game

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

lmao i loving hate libs

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

oh dear god I just saw the trumpy bear commercial in the wild

is that real?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
everything is real now

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

lol. remember how these guys took over a federally owned building and holed up with guns for days and faced absolutely zero consequences for it. except this guy i guess

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
just remembered that the democrats

1. Did NOT impeach trump for using the presidency to get money. There's an entire part of the constitution that says the president can't use the presidency to get money. Yeah it has a dumb old timey name, but it's a simple idea. They just don't care

2. impeached trump for getting dirt on joe biden, who will hindenberg in the general. failed to get any votes except romney, lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lol. remember how these guys took over a federally owned building and holed up with guns for days and faced absolutely zero consequences for it. except this guy i guess

they also caused a lot of damage to a wildlife refuge.

best thing to come out of that is the brilliant SA username "finicums wake"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

everything is real now

this is our world now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit