Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

JBP posted:

What smouldering wreckage? Our quality of life is superb and corona is looking alright so far.

They're referring to Bushfire season. Which wasn't great. but like poo poo grows back hard down here. And honestly getting an extra $550 a fortnight is gonna help bills immensely during Corona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Oh the smouldering wreckage of the fires which is basically nothing now that we are doing corona. Ok.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Bring it on!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Hell yeah that final trailer!

I'm still avoiding spoilers, i've already found out a few things I didn't want to know thanks to this thread before the spoiler thread went up!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

:siren: This trailer covers a LOT. Consider not watching if you don't want too much shown right before we get the game. :siren:

That said, the game looks good.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

According to that trailer we're probably getting the Kalm flashback in this game, then.

Which means that the next instalment could basically start anywhere, hell, the entire world, story and locations could be completely and totally redone in a way that dwarfs this part, if they want the next part to be as tightly focused as this one.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

According to that trailer we're probably getting the Kalm flashback in this game, then.

Which means that the next instalment could basically start anywhere, hell, the entire world, story and locations could be completely and totally redone in a way that dwarfs this part, if they want the next part to be as tightly focused as this one.

Wasn't that scene something you see in one of the two reactors?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So Hard Mode is unlocked after clearing the game, I've seen some people complain about that. Hard Mode prevents the usage of items or healing outside of rest spots. Probably for the best you make people not play with that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Onmi posted:

So Hard Mode is unlocked after clearing the game, I've seen some people complain about that. Hard Mode prevents the usage of items or healing outside of rest spots. Probably for the best you make people not play with that.

The game is not easy and that sounds like a loving nightmare. It also sounds like it bans item builds which doesn't seem fun at all since they can be extremely funny.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Onmi posted:

And apparently the superbosses are exclusive to hard :v:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Man I'm not very far at all but I'm really incredibly impressed with the level of detail and fidelity of the initial slums around seventh heaven, it is actually beyond anything I've seen in a JRPG before. They created quite a vibe with the lighting in both the night time and the early morning.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Caesar Saladin posted:

Man I'm not very far at all but I'm really incredibly impressed with the level of detail and fidelity of the initial slums around seventh heaven, it is actually beyond anything I've seen in a JRPG before. They created quite a vibe with the lighting in both the night time and the early morning.

I sit and stare at things from different angles. I don't know how they've done the assets for the game but it looks like a backdrop from FF7 no matter the angle. So impressive. I feel like I'm ripping through the game but I still take ten minute to just go from street to street and check out every unique detail. It's just great.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I just found a back alley that just had like a dozen cats chillaxing. This is a high effort video game, I understand why it had such a long development period.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That final trailer is insane :eyepop:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Pennfalath posted:

Wasn't that scene something you see in one of the two reactors?

It was, as named, in the town of Kalm immediately after leaving Midgar. If you watched the trailer it showed scenes from the flashback, so it was kind of already known it'd be stuffed into this game. It's not a huge sequence break or anything to have it happen in Midgar but I'd imagine it comes pretty late in the game.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Caesar Saladin posted:

I just found a back alley that just had like a dozen cats chillaxing. This is a high effort video game, I understand why it had such a long development period.

But you can't even pet them!

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

GoGoGadget posted:

But you can't even pet them!

Literally unplayable.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
In the last trailer Red 13 calls Barret a 300 lb. sack of poo poo!

Also like the little bit of VA where Barret is talking to Marlene. He is different when he doesn’t have the “fearsome leader” act in full swing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I had convinced myself to wait until it hits PC before this trailer. Welp, going to have to find a used PS4 somewhere now.

Sure hope Red XIII and others keep up the fun banter throughout the game.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Mailer posted:

It was, as named, in the town of Kalm immediately after leaving Midgar. If you watched the trailer it showed scenes from the flashback, so it was kind of already known it'd be stuffed into this game. It's not a huge sequence break or anything to have it happen in Midgar but I'd imagine it comes pretty late in the game.

In the original, that scene with Tifa cursing Sephiroth is a brief flashback during the second bombing mission.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ragequit posted:

I had convinced myself to wait until it hits PC before this trailer. Welp, going to have to find a used PS4 somewhere now.

Sure hope Red XIII and others keep up the fun banter throughout the game.

Im still holding out because I left my PS4 at my old home and I'm sure as hell not gonna buy one with the ps5 around the corner and my PC being way stronger than any of the current gen consoles.

But god drat, I wasn't exited for FFVII R and now I am.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

lol you fight the hell house? that's hilarious

i love how they're including all the memorable oddities of the original game

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 3, 2020

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

just wait until you see all the other batshit crazy stuff they include

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I want to see some stuff from the train graveyard.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

It's beyond good too.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
That trailer was pretty good ngl. Poochie still sucks but idk maybe he's an anime version of an American put in for Japanese audiences or something.

They're really leaning hard into the "I bet you think you know what's going to happen because you played the original, don't you?" angle, aren't they. Well, I'm not going to act like the original FF7 is some sort of holy canon so if they throw in some plot twists that diverge heavily from the original (which will go over the heads of the new player audience) then I'm cool with it as long as it's done well.

I don't know what they're going for with that one cut of Barret getting killed by Sephiroth and then Barret's fine immediately afterwards against Motor Ball. Then right at the end Midgar is being swarmed by WaTcHmEnOfFaTe. If I had to guess there's probably some sort of timey wimey rear end pull "change the course of fate" poo poo added in that immediately brings Barret back to life and then the spoopy ghosts get really ornery about it. So then everybody gets to spend the next 3+ years guessing if you will actually be able to save Aerith or not. gently caress knows. We'll see. I'd be really surprised if they don't drop some massive but ambiguous teaser that Aerith might be saveable to juice excitment for the next release, I mean that's just good business sense.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition and it just arrived a week early... If I stick it in my PS4 after work will I be able to play it or will there be a lock preventing me?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You should definitely give it to me to protect your ps4.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Agents are GO! posted:

You should definitely give it to me to protect your ps4.

Sounds sensible, what's your address? And do you require a fee for handling it?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Usually I charge but you're a goon so I'll do it for free.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
A pox on all those playing this game before me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Anyone know when pre-loading starts for the US?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Harrow posted:

Anyone know when pre-loading starts for the US?

It started at midnight last night

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Still hasn't started for me in Germany.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I have no idea when I'm getting my physical copy. Amazon doesn't have a date listed even though I pre-ordered day 1. My order just says they'll email me with a delivery date so I'm actually tempted to buy the digital version now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got an email saying a definitely wouldn't be getting mine even for launch despite everyone else in Europe seemingly getting it early :shrug:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sapozhnik posted:

It started at midnight last night

Oh I had to go manually start the download for some reason, that's what I was missing :v:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

I got an email saying a definitely wouldn't be getting mine even for launch despite everyone else in Europe seemingly getting it early :shrug:

If only I understood German, I could get my copy early. Unless Germany also sells English copies...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

GoGoGadget posted:

If only I understood German, I could get my copy early. Unless Germany also sells English copies...

Games sold within the EU generally have all EU languages included.

Or at least they used to I don't know how it works these days.