Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Don't forget the infamous finale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9b9aoINXzk

Good luck getting away with that today. Between this and the episode that was one extended dunk on Disneyworld, the showrunners must have murdered all the Disney execs assigned to watch them or something.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_407:_Changing_Nature

quote:

This episode is the show's series finale. It was the last show produced and the last one filmed. However, ABC ended up cutting the show's run short (due to falling ratings). Seven remaining episodes which were produced (and which would have come after this episode) did not air. However, ABC aired this episode in order to properly end the show's run - by killing off all the dinosaurs.

How would you run 7 episodes after this? Would every one of them be an increasing hellscape as they ride further to extinction?

90s TV was amazing and I miss it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

twoday posted:

Yes, the biggest port in Europe, and the airport (normally) carries more passengers than JFK. Slow government response and no BCG vaccine come to mind come to mind as potential reasons. Also the media was totally downplaying the seriousness of the virus, a month ago the newspapers were filled with op-eds about how “level-headed” the Dutch are, and how smart they were for not panicking like other countries, and how there probably wouldn’t be an outbreak here, so everyone rushed into crowded parks on the first warm day of spring and lots of big events happened which spread it to around, including the catholic carnaval in the south of the country, and a giant fair of household appliances and such that brought in visitors from every tiny village in the country to the capital to be packed into a convention hall and mill around looking for free samples of washing detergent and such

ahhh cool ok that makes sense

(not cool as in "goto hell, holland!!!" ofc) but yah sounds like it got an extra brunt of dumb western nation (eu bound in this situation) consequences

i guess??

please stay safe 2day!

your block print once floated up onto a beach or whatever and then still found its way to 2d cat or something. I forget exactly because it was at least a billion years ago.

the book itself belongs in a museum :worship:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bulgakov posted:

i will never sleep :twisted:

ok i will sleep but its all upside down lately

Hello friend, there are many of us posting from the antipodes

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

was there any sort of event for passing the one million cases milestone?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CODChimera posted:

I posted to honour it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/thenatewolf/status/545100374370033664

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://6abc.com/shopping/heres-how-you-can-buy-booze-online-during-the-covid-19-shutdown/6069137/

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

CODChimera posted:

lol these dumb vhs era ~prank~ things that were sold on late nite tv, tho I feel in the US they advertised europeans getting goofed. maybe the vice versa got sold to a buncha germans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czYW733k2Y

but also thats basically what happened while you weren't looking

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

too real

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
270000 is todays goal!
😣

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

snore

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

This but the text is a government order to stay inside.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Bulgakov posted:

please stay safe 2day!

Thank you! the government is also run by neo-libs and they delayed the response to reduce economic impact, and they had a very bad health minister at first, but after he collapsed in parliament and hasn’t been seen again they got a new guy who likes to wear silly shoes and he seems to be a bit more competent

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

youtube i get what your trying to do but i cannot allow it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

When youtube cookies thinks you are a boomer.

Did you accidentally clink on a gold coin investment pop-up ad?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

haha choosing 108 people for the trial

how auspicious

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

*sees the word Frasier and smashes mouse button*

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

twoday posted:

Thank you! the government is also run by neo-libs and they delayed the response to reduce economic impact, and they had a very bad health minister at first, but after he collapsed in parliament and hasn’t been seen again they got a new guy who likes to wear silly shoes and he seems to be a bit more competent

is it true that they hold a clog off if a) tis the spring and b) at least six shadow cloggers have challenged the ruling powers parties' leaders to a klõp tröp????

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Solarin posted:

*sees the word Frasier and smashes mouse button*

*taps bust ups sign*

twoday
May 4, 2005

Bulgakov posted:

is it true that they hold a clog off if a) tis the spring and b) at least six shadow cloggers have challenged the ruling powers parties' leaders to a klõp tröp????

how did you know that? We’re not supposed to tell that to the outsiders

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

twoday posted:

did you see that new remake of suspiria, twoday??

i found it pretty captivating while the original dario fartgento version was snoozeville

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

twoday posted:

how did you know that? We’re not supposed to tell that to the outsiders

ive been studying extra hard for my residency permit

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

the carol burnett bloopers are good. Tim Conway owned on that show.

I hate all the comments on those videos though. "YOU COULDNT DO THIS TODAY. FCKN SNOWFLAKES" "remeber when comedy was clean?!"

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/RaminNasibov/status/1246029587588546560?s=20

Lamborghini also makes kitchen countertops and cabinet hinges and lighters and other random crap so I’m not surprised, but I’m sure there will be some Gucci/Louis Vetton facemasks with gold threading released before the end of the year and I hate it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

when number goes down again there are gonna be some incredibly dumb ideas, like serology testing so people who already had it can go back to work, or trying to skip a buncha testing time to yeet a vaccine onto the market faster so people can go back to work and make number happy

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1246034979685109761

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

twoday posted:

Lamborghini also makes kitchen countertops and cabinet hinges and lighters and other random crap so I’m not surprised, but I’m sure there will be some Gucci/Louis Vetton facemasks with gold threading released before the end of the year and I hate it

didn't the pres of slovenia or something wear a matching face mask for her dress lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

Squizzle posted:

when number goes down again there are gonna be some incredibly dumb ideas, like serology testing so people who already had it can go back to work, or trying to skip a buncha testing time to yeet a vaccine onto the market faster so people can go back to work and make number happy

They already announced that both of those will be policy here

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

twoday posted:

Louis Vitton is already on this and have been for a while

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

twoday posted:

They already announced that both of those will be policy here

lmebo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

etalian posted:

When youtube cookies thinks you are a boomer.

Did you accidentally clink on a gold coin investment pop-up ad?

those could be gen x shows too

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

has everyone in sweden died yet.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
maybe the black plague just owned europe cuz they didn't want the god or the number to go down or whatever

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
and then someone in the church's marketing dept was like "oh gently caress, uhhhh its god punishing u that's it!"

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

fits my needs posted:

maybe the black plague just owned europe cuz they didn't want the god or the number to go down or whatever

Tithe number go up

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

twoday posted:

alibaba sadly blocks searches for most luxury brands (and the knockoffs people want that absolutely must exist)

but here's a thing

much cooler looking imo

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Inceltown posted:

Louis Vitton is already on this and have been for a while

that looks like something for hannibal even if its faux leather

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

when life gives you leds shovel them into everything

- jesus christ
[year zero or there abouts]

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.

fits my needs posted:

or UEFA Champions League to stop. Aleksander Ceferin should put up the trophy right up in his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1246029702877323267