Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Related question, is Cheers still watchable or is it too cringey due to Ted Danson's Sam "fun rapist vibe"? [1]

[1] Also related: Ever since Curb your Enthusiasm, I can't think of Ted Danson without hearing Larry David say "Mary Steenburgen".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I got really skeeved out by Sam breaking down Diane's door, although generally I found it still worked as a show.

I started watching it after I finished a watchthrough of Frasier last year, although what led me to dropping it was that something about Diane kept reminding me of my ex and I didn't really want those feelings while watching a sitcom.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I was listening to a string quartet last night and the 1st violin said that she did session gigs for Downton Abbey and the room erupted into amusement and applause.

It seemed very Frasier.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
https://youtu.be/43ilXxZz1RU

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
A buddy of mine is on tour in Germany and sent me this, because of my constant Frasierchat.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've been in the house for days and I'm starting to lose it. Today I was loading up my rice cooker and I was absentmindedly singing "Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh rice is cooking"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What's a good Frasier episode that deals with sickness? Or maybe panic in general?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The one where Frasier’s got that crazy fever and ends up blabbing about Niles to Daphne and then tries to go into work because he thinks that lady’s going to steal his job. Sick and manic Frasier is great.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Every time Frasier gets sick he becomes such an annoying pathetic baby that if you watched them all back to back (I think there's only 3 or 4), you'd probably not watch Frasier again for a couple of years.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Every time Frasier gets sick he becomes such an annoying pathetic baby that if you watched them all back to back (I think there's only 3 or 4), you'd probably not watch Frasier again for a couple of years.

Frasier would not be a good person to be quarantined with I absolutely agree.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Frasier would not be a good person

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
This sounds like another episode

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ruddiger posted:

The one where Frasier’s got that crazy fever and ends up blabbing about Niles to Daphne and then tries to go into work because he thinks that lady’s going to steal his job. Sick and manic Frasier is great.

I think that's when he thinks Niles is going to steal his job, and prescribes himself a bunch of pills. "Now Kelsey, you need to... 'act'... like you're on a bunch of over-the-counter amphetamines.."

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Make me some tea with honey, won't you?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

A comic from Tom Gauld.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

JK Fresco posted:

This sounds like another episode

They already did a "locked in the studio" episode with some kind of telethon thing I think, so maybe the quarantine goes into effect while they're all at each other's houses and can't get back to their own places. Marty at Niles', Roz and Frasier switch, Bulldog and Gill/Noel switch. The radio personalities all end up at other personalities' houses, so maybe there's some story reason for them to do each other's shows from the home studios they magically all have for the episode, they all left their notes at their actual homes or something. They all learn a little about each other and themselves.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Martin, Frasier, and Niles take a road trip on the search for toilet paper on the eve of the quarantine. As Frasier and Niles argue and scheme with panicking shoppers, Martin stays in the car and begins to demand ever stricter isolation measures.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Le Cigar COVID!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I was punched by a man NOW INFECTED!

Actually that is kind of a concern.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

niles trying to engineer a situation where daphne has to spend quarantine with him seems like peak early frasier tbh

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
The mistaken identity opportunities afforded by the face masks almost write themselves

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

hard counter posted:

niles trying to engineer a situation where daphne has to spend quarantine with him seems like peak early frasier tbh

This just made me imagine a horny Jack Tripper excited to be quarantined with the girls only to find himself stuck in the apartment with Mr. Roper.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dad aren’t you concerned about this corona virus?

Oh yeah after dukes birthday party last night I woke up with a Ballantine sickness

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hard counter posted:

Like when they were caught in that rainstorm at Niles house!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

niles: maris is practising social distancing now so you'll not be seeing her again for quite some time
frasier: i wasn't aware maris was ever socially close
niles: oh come now, the changes her distancing have inflicted on our quiet household have been quite dramatic
frasier: instead of pleading with her through the keyhole she's now using the intercom?
niles: oh it's much worse than that: to deter uninvited guests she's increased the voltage on the electric fence and its incessant hissing is driving the servants positively mad
frasier: you'd think maris' servants would be used to hissing by now

:haw:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Daphne: I remember when we had to quarantine in my village when I was a lass. Strange thing though was that it only affected the men. All the women and girls and young boys were fine but every man 18 and over took terrible ill. I remember it so clearly. It was the 4th week after my 7th birthday.

Niles: that’s an impressively specific recollection of a date daphne.

Daphne: well I remember because my moms sister came and stayed two weeks. My word, she became the most popular woman in the village right away. Then two weeks after she left bam! All the men got this mysterious disease. Oh well I’m off to bed

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Getting quite a lark from reading those in the associated voices. I can do Daphne's in my head as if I'm recalling an actual scene from the show

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

hard counter posted:

Oh loving duh how did I not see that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Sometimes I still remember the bit someone here wrote about raising a Boer and I sensibly chuckle

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBM_mpTjbaM

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/frasier-and-niles-tell-their-dad-to-stay-home

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bam right from the first line I can tell you that Frasier and Niles always called Cafe Nervosa just "Nervosa".

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

mmmm, that's the ticket

that's the frasier i need

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Bam right from the first line I can tell you that Frasier and Niles always called Cafe Nervosa just "Nervosa".

and they've never, ever had a chauffeur, niles drives regularly

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Make no mistake, though. It's never a wretched little domestic

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Niles absolutely loves to drive.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

get this fan fiction crap outta here

only the real deal for MY frasier thread

https://www.vulture.com/2020/04/frasier-coronavirus-episode.html

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Niles absolutely loves to drive.

It's why Maris considers him a dashing, adventurous man's man.

The Crane boys do have a lot of specific traits a result of growing up middle class and going to fancy schools and getting well-paid careers. Kind of a reason why they never really gel with the upper-class crowd they desperately want to impress.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Someone posted "Wizards as Wine Snobs" and now I'm obsessed with Frasier cast as DnD characters.

Would Frasier be the saucy rogue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Man, 15 years later & Roz vs Daphne is still a debate worth having :stwoon: