Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aphrodite posted:

You can also type in game using the Nintendo Online app.

Can you type in letters using it that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HaB posted:

I'm in the slow process of trying to get Boomer to leave. He's boring AF.
look I know I've posted this a couple of times already but I just cannot stand by and hear someone call Boomer boring

https://twitter.com/YourComputerSA/status/1243496617686102017?s=20

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Pollyanna posted:

I heard that eggs can replace bags on money trees.

I'll let you know if it happens, I've got a money tree nursery going.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
:siren: Heads up: C.J. is in my town today buying fish for 1.5x bells, and issuing a challenge of catching three fish in a row for a prize. Also, if you give him 3 of a particular fish, he'll give you some sort of replica of that fish? Haven't had a chance to try that yet. My daughter is playing for another hour or two and then I'll be opening my town up until evening, so prep your fish and I'll quote this post when I open the gate.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

:siren: Heads up: C.J. is in my town today buying fish for 1.5x bells, and issuing a challenge of catching three fish in a row for a prize. Also, if you give him 3 of a particular fish, he'll give you some sort of replica of that fish? Haven't had a chance to try that yet. My daughter is playing for another hour or two and then I'll be opening my town up until evening, so prep your fish and I'll quote this post when I open the gate.

I'm pretty sure outsiders can't sell to C.J - they can't for Flick.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Badger of Basra posted:

I’m gonna leave my island open while I work.

The Able Sisters are selling Mage Hats, Top Hats, goatees, handlebar mustaches, and various other things

Turnips selling for 179

The Nooklings are selling a bucket and a volleyball, windflower, lily, and hyacinth seeds

Take whatever fruit you like

FPGRX

So whoever was in the Abel's at the same time as me - Black pigtails, beret, brown/beige plaid dress?

Girl - that outfit was cute AF. You should be proud. :)

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

IronicDongz posted:

it goes up with each upgrade. at max it's 1,600

idk what yall are storing to run into the max though

I was maxed out at 400 a few days ago.

And if I keep spending 50k bells a day at the tailor's shop, I'm going to max out 1600 eventually.

I can't believe how many clothes I'm buying in this game.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Clothes are cool, is the thing.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is there any way to use the Nintendo App to type when you're sending letters from the airport?

I have a Japanese friend and I want to type in Japanese. I can do this in chat with the nintendo app, but I can't seem to do it when sending letters.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Clothes are cool, is the thing.

The magic wand helps a bit, but not much.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

The magic wand helps a bit, but not much.

I got this adorable sakura wand recipe and I was like finally I can make a wand but no, it requires star shards too! I've been playing since launch and I've literally only seen two shooting stars in that time :negative:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is there actually a nook miles award for catching 5 wasps in a row? I haven't been stung in ages and it's nowhere to be seen.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Where do you get wand recipes? Never met Celeste either.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Is there actually a nook miles award for catching 5 wasps in a row? I haven't been stung in ages and it's nowhere to be seen.
it has to be 5 on the same day

specifically, there will always be 5 randomly placed wasps per day on your island and if you shake them out and catch all of them you get the reward :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Someone created the Link to the Past map in Animal Crossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoAzlZprrrE

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Asadasa posted:

I have turnip prices at 487 if anyone wants to come by.

Turnip code is ec6204bc. I'll probably keep it open until noon.

Nook's is west from the airport and if you want to drop anything off I'll be hanging out on the bench by the fountain right in front of the shop.

Am I crazy or is this not a valid code for flying?

This is the first time I've tried to do anything with someone who isn't in the room with me. :saddowns:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This is the first time I've tried to do anything with someone who isn't in the room with me. :saddowns:

You need to use that longer Turnip Code at http://turnip.exchange

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

HaB posted:

I'm in the slow process of trying to get Boomer to leave. He's boring AF.

He even insulted one of my guests this morning!

Boomer was my Islander way back in the first Animal Crossing so I can't slander him.

He gave me Wario's Woods after I fed him enough fruits way back when.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Asadasa posted:

Nook's is west from the airport and if you want to drop anything off I'll be hanging out on the bench by the fountain right in front of the shop.

Thanks for opening up your island! Your main street is so pretty and organised! Wish I bought more turnips but I was trying to play it safe first week.

at least im cute and that's the most important thing
https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/1246092256408305664?s=20

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

You are not crazy. It's for this:
https://turnip.exchange/

It's to make a queue because people will goonrush a high value turnip island and cause more trouble than it's worth.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

FBS posted:

You need to use that longer Turnip Code at http://turnip.exchange

Thanks. My google fu is weak and I was just getting hits for the cheat code in the original AC.

Edit: sold for 880k bells :D

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 3, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I got turnips at 199 (for the next 40ish minutes), Mabel is selling Jesus robes and Groucho Marx glasses, Savannah is walking around with a Mangrove Wall and Sidewalk Flooring. Come visit if you like and grab some peaches, dont mind my very work in progress city planning.

D3YGB

Aquarium of Lies
Feb 5, 2005

sad cutie
:justtrans:

she/her
Taco Defender

Asadasa posted:

Thanks! I didn't notice your tune was Ballad of the Wind Fish until I was leaving, that's awesome.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Badger of Basra posted:

The Able Sisters are selling Mage Hats, Top Hats, goatees, handlebar mustaches, and various other things

Turnips selling for 179

The Nooklings are selling a bucket and a volleyball, windflower, lily, and hyacinth seeds

FPGRX

Got myself a sweet hat and some lily seeds thank you! Left a post and a tip :3:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dip Viscous posted:

I just found out that this exists and I'm actually considering it for this game.

You would have to play with the joycons then...

:chloe:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Your Computer posted:

specifically, there will always be 5 randomly placed wasps per day on your island and if you shake them out and catch all of them you get the reward :v:

Just to add, you don’t have to catch all 5 on your island. Just any 5 in a row in a single day. Wasps on mystery islands count too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

Turnips selling for 179

FPGRX

10/10 will not probate

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Poque posted:

Now I have this sex criminal hamster who I adore

I dunno... are you sure you've got the sex criminal hamster?

Here's more from Rodney, on the subject of Bunny Day:

Mabel is visiting today (her shop has been plotted today at least). Here's what she has (shoes, track pants, and sweater are on avatar):

The Nooklings are selling light blue cordless phones and tape decks - I guess they're on a retro kick today.

Here's my pastel Bunny Day getup for today:

Come and join if you want to shop or catch midday insects / fish while I go AFK for 3 or so hours. Dodo code: LLDVW

If you see a DIY recipe you don't know laying out, go ahead and learn it! Do try to be nice to the flowers, too! If you have any white or yellow Lily seeds in your shops, I would really appreciate some!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Gonna leave the gates open again while I get some work done. Turnips 155, superhero outfits and some other fun stuff in the Able shop, and Sahara is in town (haven't bought yet so it's a true mystery).
Dodo code (closed)

Also,
https://twitter.com/Cpt_Hygiene/status/1246096031051386881
:toot:

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 3, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Your Computer posted:

RCarr posted:

Just to add, you don’t have to catch all 5 on your island. Just any 5 in a row in a single day. Wasps on mystery islands count too.

Ah, awesome, thank you both! We are a two-player island so shaking all the trees isn't really possible for me. I'll hopefully get it tomorrow when I go to a billion islands looking for a cool final villager.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh, dang it. My joycons were fine, but apparently playing AC for a couple hours a day has worn them out, because my left joycon has started drifting left. This is a huge pain in a game that requires a certain degree of precision like this. This is probably a terrible time of the year to try to get them repaired or replaced.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Bobulus posted:

Oh, dang it. My joycons were fine, but apparently playing AC for a couple hours a day has worn them out, because my left joycon has started drifting left. This is a huge pain in a game that requires a certain degree of precision like this. This is probably a terrible time of the year to try to get them repaired or replaced.

:same:

Between this and Mario Karting with friends more often my joycons have really started making GBS threads the bed. I imagine buying a new pair will be faster than shipping them off to Nintendo at this point.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Was I supposed to get a picnic set DIY or something on the 1st when all this Spring stuff began? I only have two cherry blossom recipes, the floor and a bonsai tree. Did I miss one by the fact that everything was EGGS EGGS EGGS RABBIT

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

I just had to show off my new favorite outfit.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Your Computer posted:

No it doesn't, I got it the other day after catching 2 wasps that day and 3 the day before

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've crafted all of the terrible egg outfits, what has my life become.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I didn't know there was an egg crown, i need it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was annoyed I was getting Wart Jr because he looks gross but he turned out to be v nice and now I realise that deep down the true ugly villager...was me

love your ugly villagers*

Also these cherry blossom recipes seem like they're going to be extremely good if this bag is anything to go by, but it's the only one I've found because eggs

*does not apply to nate if your rear end isn't out of my village by the end of the month i swear to god

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Geomancing posted:

Was I supposed to get a picnic set DIY or something on the 1st when all this Spring stuff began? I only have two cherry blossom recipes, the floor and a bonsai tree. Did I miss one by the fact that everything was EGGS EGGS EGGS RABBIT

I got the recipe today from an unexpected place: Isabelle sent it to me during her morning announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Yeah, first couple days, I was not feeling sprocket, but I love him now. Gave him a speed bag and he gave me some clothes, good friend