Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Mr. Lobe posted:

christ, my blood pressure could not take more than 20 seconds of looking at the responses. didn't realize how much chuds worshipped the chain of command.

Chuds are Nazis. They'd gas liberals to death if Trump told them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

Colonel J posted:

I agreed to have a practice with my bandmates tonight and now I'm freaking out because I haven't seen anybody IRL in 3 weeks and I think I'm gonna catch it. One of them still works downtown with a ton of people. Is this a horrible idea?

If you were smart enough to type this, you're smart enough to know that yes, it's a horrible idea. Apparently peer pressure is what you go with, so here's some peer pressure against it

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Lawman 0 posted:

it's because they are loving serfs

this gave me an idea for a drawing but I googled it and it looks like someone did it already:

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I've never learnt a tonal language before, but I love to try to get sounds right in languages/words in languages I do learn so I might give it a go. Like it's real neat to roll the r properly or use the old throatamajig to pronounce stuff correctly, so I figure Mandarin might be fun! Pre-corona I was gonna learn Dutch, as I'm half Dutch and it's embarrassing not being able to speak it and I figured it would be good for moving post-brexit, but times change and mandarin is probably gonna be more useful at this point I figure

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lawman 0 posted:

it's because they are loving serfs

this reminds me of the black hundreds. they were the freaks who got agitated when even the mildest consititutional monarchy reforms were imposed upon the czar and started doing pogroms against jews and terrorizing liberals in retaliation. they wanted the weak-willed and incompetent nicholas II to be their all-powerful daddy. I cannot wrap my mind around that mentality, but it seems like it's basically the same as what we are seeing here

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1246102757003722752

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

christ, my blood pressure could not take more than 20 seconds of looking at the responses. didn't realize how much chuds worshipped the chain of command.

They're authoritarians who desperately want to be ruled over by strong daddies

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

torn between "gently caress this country's going to drown in fire" vs. "lol half this country will deserve it"

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

just gonna sit om my pile of masks like the PPE dragon while people suffocate to death

Apr 7, 2003

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Chuds are Nazis. They'd gas liberals to death if Trump told them to.

They're already shooting liberals, mexicans, and women with muslim wear without being directly told.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/pimientaysalpty/status/1246053944805203970

crying about chain of command, meanwhile having a pinochet av who is most famous for overthrowing his commander in chief in a military coup

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

It owns that capitalism is being fully exposed by a stupid virus

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

LOL

Nice maneuvering to all involved. I cried a bunch this morning but even hell timeline has its comforts.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/NBCNewsNow/status/1245848540183695360

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

in a fair world he would have been immedately tied to a truck bumper and dragged until he was nothing but a belt around a pelvis.

twoday
May 4, 2005

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

I've never learnt a tonal language before, but I love to try to get sounds right in languages/words in languages I do learn so I might give it a go. Like it's real neat to roll the r properly or use the old throatamajig to pronounce stuff correctly, so I figure Mandarin might be fun! Pre-corona I was gonna learn Dutch, as I'm half Dutch and it's embarrassing not being able to speak it and I figured it would be good for moving post-brexit, but times change and mandarin is probably gonna be more useful at this point I figure

Dutch is pretty useless on the world stage but it's pretty useful if you want to live in the Netherlands. Come post in the Dutch thread if you change your mind, we can give you some resources, and it really helped me learn the language by trying to post there in Dutch

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

White House requests 3M halt export of N95 masks to Canada

quote:

"We anticipate issuing more orders under the Defense Protection Act in the very near future, in addition to the one that I just signed against 3M for face masks," said Trump on Thursday evening.

:allears:

(:canada:)

Apr 7, 2003

twoday posted:

Dutch is pretty useless on the world stage but it's pretty useful if you want to live in the Netherlands.

'eyyyyyyy , carmella, da cannoli

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Raiad posted:

alternatively, we could have an economy that isn't based around an increasing rate of growth for all eternity and focus on things other than number go up

the thing that gets me is we actually could have an economy and even a sustainable reality like this, but it would require the ruling class to make choices that would in the short-term diminish their wealth and power. and also for the general population to work on things with benefits that would not be apparent in their lifetimes. those are two wildly unfeasible concepts for humans, so we are doomed to kill ourselves by making GBS threads in our own petri dish, just like every other organism on earth would. i've come to accept that this iteration of intelligent life might just not quite have what it takes to escape the cycle of growth and decline. my only hope now is that we gently caress things up bad enough in some acute way to cause the complete extinction of humanity relatively soon, so that maybe earth has enough time for a better species to evolve before the sun explodes.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Been watching a symposium this morning and one of the docs noted that 40% of the hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Philadelphia are under the age of 40

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Skypie posted:

It owns that capitalism is being fully exposed by a stupid virus

What actually owns is that we will learn absolutely nothing and continue running with capitalism after this is over despite how clearly lovely it is as a system.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’m goon 69

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Toaster Beef posted:

Been watching a symposium this morning and one of the docs noted that 40% of the hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Philadelphia are under the age of 40

they're fat as hell OP

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The people in charge are authoritarians who have hosed up brains because their abusive daddies taught them that 'strength' is shouting at people and picking fights with everyone

Trump's approval has gone up sharply during this crisis. Also the President is Donald Trump. The people in charge aren't the main problem here.

It doesn't matter so much more though, the American century is done and it's a good thing.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

just gonna sit om my pile of masks like the PPE dragon while people suffocate to death

oh they aren't sitting on them, they're selling them at marked up prices

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Hotspot popped up in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia apparently, or they just started actually testing more there.

Here's doughy Jim Justice live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F46Pgl54GuU

I can't tell if he's drunk or just really really unhealthy.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

'eyyyyyyy , carmella, da cannoli

aansprakelijkheidswaardevaststellingsveranderingen! arbeidsongeschiktheidsverzekeringsmaatschappij!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

was there any breakdown of raw numbers by age? 40% of hospitalizations isn't as meaningful a figure if 95% of all cases were under 40, for instance

this disaster is highlighting exactly how fluid data can be

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

a giant cheering crowd, all of them remembering sailor

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Blarghalt posted:

torn between "gently caress this country's going to drown in fire" vs. "lol half this country will deserve it"

the fact that people who deserve it will die is a mere consolation prize, not something to cheer for. too much collateral damage to be considered aceptable

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

What actually owns is that we will learn absolutely nothing and continue running with capitalism after this is over despite how clearly lovely it is as a system.

That's definitely gonna happen but does not own, imo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I hope Monica dies of coronavirus

Colonel J posted:

I agreed to have a practice with my bandmates tonight and now I'm freaking out because I haven't seen anybody IRL in 3 weeks and I think I'm gonna catch it. One of them still works downtown with a ton of people. Is this a horrible idea?

YES! Jesus Christ dude.

Tei posted:

I am not cop. The problem with cops is that they are broken and beyond repair. Having to deal every day with the worst of society increase your cynism levels to the max.

When a cop look at you, probably thinks everything you say is a lie, and is calculating how much a thief, criminal addict, prostitute, etc.. you are.

And not only they have to deal with criminals. They have to deal with politicians, that are scumbags that act like princess and want all the privilege.
And worse, they have to deal with journalist.

Cops have to deal with everything that is wrong, broken and stupid on society, sometimes withouth the ability to fix it.

They see families where the man mistreat his wife, and the wife calls the cop, the cops come and the wife don't want to proceed, because she still love his partner.

I am not cop, and I am happy I don't have to deal with a poo poo-sandwitch job like that. I am a computer programmer and slowly going crazy every day, but I don't have to look at humans too much.

ridiculous and naive

cops are the way they are because they're a white supremacist organization more interested in exercising personal power than they are keeping the peace

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

These are the testing kits you want. Really, really quick turn around and no lab techs needed. "Yep, you got the roni! Next."

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Toaster Beef posted:

Philly is 4 years younger than the national average evidently

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Coronavirus is so good at this

It’s admirable

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Mr. Lobe posted:

the fact that people who deserve it will die is a mere consolation prize, not something to cheer for. too much collateral damage to be considered aceptable

yeah my conservative in-laws still somehow believe it is a liberal media hoax and are doing everything just like normal unless they are physically forced not to do it by things being closed down. it comforts me somewhat that they will get the virus and die, but also concerns me that they will almost certainly give the virus to me and my wife as well and kill us all.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
inhale deeply the pleasurable smell of your farts during this trying time

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
it's tough being a cop since every day you have to deal with the worst of society (other cops)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

a sham doctor who can come up with a sham test with near instant turnaround time and massive capacity that determines that, yes, you have corona and need to lock yourself at home RIGHT NOW for a month is the hero we both need and deserve