Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

I agree with Ryan, Bryan is an absolute moron saying that The Roni is just like other ‘extenuating circumstances’. It’s obviously not, and comparing it to an election year or Monday night football is an extremely bad faith argument.

I also agree with Bryan, Ryan Satin’s bootlicking will never get him anywhere with Vince, and these last few months have totally stripped him of all credibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bryan is 100% correct

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bryan didnt say what that crazed twitter psycho is saying

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

mkay0 posted:

I agree with Ryan, Bryan is an absolute moron saying that The Roni is just like other ‘extenuating circumstances’. It’s obviously not, and comparing it to an election year or Monday night football is an extremely bad faith argument.

His bigger point, that this decline was happening for years before the virus, still stands.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Bryan basically said that there was no real excitement going into Wrestlemania this year and that COVID isn't the only reason for that lack of buzz and that while they can perhaps blame it for there being literally none its not the only reason, and that continually blaming external factors isn't going to solve their issues. Which is 100% correct: while it'd be tough for literally any wrestling company ever to try and build towards a big show at this point things wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't alienated over half of their fans in the last five years

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Bryan does a much clearer case on b and v on this ratings debate

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'll be the first to say it. Ryan Satin SUCKS!

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend
Everything you need to know about Ryan Satin is that he follows meltzersaidwhat

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
bryan and vinny not understanding how cults work and understand how The Exalted One is a successful cult leader is strong gen x energy

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Lid posted:

bryan and vinny not understanding how cults work and understand how The Exalted One is a successful cult leader is strong gen x energy

also listing off several ways the Dark Order is a metaphor for WWE without making the connection. I feel like some people are seeing Brodie making fun of Vince as a completely unrelated thing for some reason instead of The Whole Point.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I kinda agree with them. Cult leaders etc aren’t evil psychos 100% of the time. They manipulate people precisely by being nice one minute and horrible the next.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Seams posted:

I kinda agree with them. Cult leaders etc aren’t evil psychos 100% of the time. They manipulate people precisely by being nice one minute and horrible the next.

They manipulate people by making them think the cult provides them something they need so they just have to suck it up and live with the abuse. The way I see it Evil Uno and the actor who's been doing those videos recruited everyone and convinced them they needed the cult. Brodie Lee didn't show up until they had a bunch of recruits and convinced them they needed to be in the Dark Order. Now he can abuse them because they're locked in, it's part of their identity.

Is this a bit of a logic leap? Yeah, but it's how some cults work and makes sense with what they've done.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gumball Gumption posted:

They manipulate people by making them think the cult provides them something they need so they just have to suck it up and live with the abuse. The way I see it Evil Uno and the actor who's been doing those videos recruited everyone and convinced them they needed the cult. Brodie Lee didn't show up until they had a bunch of recruits and convinced them they needed to be in the Dark Order. Now he can abuse them because they're locked in, it's part of their identity.

Is this a bit of a logic leap? Yeah, but it's how some cults work and makes sense with what they've done.

I would really love to see them go hardcore with some of these things. Have Brodie run a "struggle session" where he makes the rest of the Dark Order turn on someone and psychologically tear them down. Elevate and excessively praise Grayson, telling the others they need to be more like him, and tell Uno in private to keep tabs on Grayson because Uno is your REAL favourite. Promise greater secrets not yet revealed. Tell each of them something different in private and swear them to secrecy.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lamuella posted:

I would really love to see them go hardcore with some of these things. Have Brodie run a "struggle session" where he makes the rest of the Dark Order turn on someone and psychologically tear them down. Elevate and excessively praise Grayson, telling the others they need to be more like him, and tell Uno in private to keep tabs on Grayson because Uno is your REAL favourite. Promise greater secrets not yet revealed. Tell each of them something different in private and swear them to secrecy.
Wait, so the NWO was a cult too???

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Edge & Christian posted:

Wait, so the NWO was a cult too???

Hulk Hogan was a massive cult.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hunter Leopardson posted:

seriously, what kind of reporter looks at that twitter account and doesn't even at least make a cursory mention that it might be a biased towards defamation?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Someone should make a meltzersaidwhat parody account called "whatvdvabenmeltzersaid"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

extradite THIS! posted:

Someone should make a meltzersaidwhat parody account called "whatvdvabenmeltzersaid"
That's too many words. "WhatMeltzerSaid"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's not worth doing without all the words. stand up for your rights

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Seams posted:

They are a very extreme case, but Aum Shinrikyo were extraordinarily cruel to everyone in their thrall aside from the upper echelon. But yeah, I think there should've been some build to Lee's more awful behavior. At least a week or two.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Hunter Leopardson posted:

that account and everyone that follows it has the brainworms

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
is that a twitter account that just coughs and says um a lot

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol I’ve never seen Bryan ether someone so solidly

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

There was the time someone (Moose?) asked how he could know anything about wrestling, Bryan pointed out he has like 500 matches experience and has worked multiple HOFers. Shut them right up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm convinced MeltzerSaidWhat, SliceKnows and that other gossipy stalker twitter are all the same weirdo. Liek teh son of Dr Mike Lano or something.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I'm convinced MeltzerSaidWhat, SliceKnows and that other gossipy stalker twitter are all the same weirdo. Liek teh son of Dr Mike Lano or something.

IIRC Lano was a tool but never an aggressive jerk

Also a good photographer

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bryan has been on a roll, slaughtering these idiots. Satin, Moose, Corbin, J Snowden. Good work lad

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
New Pacific Rim podcast is up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

Second only to this.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1215033670966247424

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mariooncrack posted:

New Pacific Rim podcast is up.

Oh hell yes!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

A sensible ref would stop the fight here, good god

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Eh, it's not really true, though. From the 11/20/2006 Observer feature reviewing Eric Bischoff's book:

Next came a personal shot at me, saying “there were a couple of top wrestlers who at one point used to leak a lot of information to Dave Meltzer.” Pot call kettle black. My experience with almost everyone in wrestling these days is positive, and believe me, it wasn’t always that way. There is a public negative attitude from WWE, which at this point is both sad and funny. He used the term “moles” that leak information. Can you imagine that in 2006? Let alone given the person saying it. He also claimed now nobody feeds me any information because there is only one wrestling organization (huh?) and Vince is adamant about nobody talking. I haven’t noticed any difference in ability to communicate with people or get information other than there is more news than ever, and it’s harder for me than any time in my life to keep up with the people calling, hence a record number of issues this year. Worse, he linked me in the same sentence with Wade Keller without any sort of differentiation. For better or worse, we do completely different jobs.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

davidbix posted:

Eh, it's not really true, though. From the 11/20/2006 Observer feature reviewing Eric Bischoff's book:

Next came a personal shot at me, saying “there were a couple of top wrestlers who at one point used to leak a lot of information to Dave Meltzer.” Pot call kettle black. My experience with almost everyone in wrestling these days is positive, and believe me, it wasn’t always that way. There is a public negative attitude from WWE, which at this point is both sad and funny. He used the term “moles” that leak information. Can you imagine that in 2006? Let alone given the person saying it. He also claimed now nobody feeds me any information because there is only one wrestling organization (huh?) and Vince is adamant about nobody talking. I haven’t noticed any difference in ability to communicate with people or get information other than there is more news than ever, and it’s harder for me than any time in my life to keep up with the people calling, hence a record number of issues this year. Worse, he linked me in the same sentence with Wade Keller without any sort of differentiation. For better or worse, we do completely different jobs.

I don't read that as an insult and I don't think Dave intended it as one.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

DangerDummy! posted:

They are a very extreme case, but Aum Shinrikyo were extraordinarily cruel to everyone in their thrall aside from the upper echelon. But yeah, I think there should've been some build to Lee's more awful behavior. At least a week or two.

I think you might be over thinking the Dark Order. I see it just as the cult getting recruits based on a community and sense of belonging, and suddenly there's a cruel overlord who doesn't give a gently caress about them and just wants to up the level of violence.

Time to get serious, fuckers; Mr. Brodie is here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IceAgeComing posted:

Bryan basically said that there was no real excitement going into Wrestlemania this year and that COVID isn't the only reason for that lack of buzz and that while they can perhaps blame it for there being literally none its not the only reason, and that continually blaming external factors isn't going to solve their issues. Which is 100% correct: while it'd be tough for literally any wrestling company ever to try and build towards a big show at this point things wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't alienated over half of their fans in the last five years

And given that WWE has shown no ability to rebound its viewership since The Rock came back for those two Manias (and I don't think Rock is coming back) what exactly do they do if they hit 1.5 million viewers by the end of this? What if it is even lower? It's at 1.9 for the Mania go home.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

now that WWE has some competent competition, its going to be very interesting to see what shakes out of the post-virus wrestling boom.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

now that WWE has some competent competition, its going to be very interesting to see what shakes out of the post-virus wrestling boom.

Alot of the viewers that are giving up on wwe aren't coming back period

Being that their main numbers are from 50+ their base literally might not survive it

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend

coconono posted:

MeltzerSaidWhat definitely had another account they'd reply to themselves with as they replied to things from the wrong account a couple of times which outed them. They also used that account for casual bigotry. Can't remember the username but it was banned after a bunch of us from here reported the account.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
VCR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pacific Rim is back!