Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Helsing posted:

Anecdotally, plenty of locals from Barrie also had stories about Brown's behaviour at bars so yeah I don't think it was much of a secret.

I saw that firsthand, back in ~2010.

The Barrie bars are all related to the Hells Angels one way or another so I’m sure that won’t ever be followed up on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/andrew_wr/status/1245354851590168577

By the way I don't know if anyone noticed but Andrew Scheer is getting dunked on so hard on Twitter today that he's trending lol

lmao. Scoot Moe would be so hard if he wasn't blind drunk atm.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
My only Barrie experience was visiting a friend I met in first year university and watching him and some dumbshit friends hit poppers in a grimy basement, and it wasn't until years later (I was very new to Ontario at the time) that I realized that actually that was possibly the most representative Barrie experience I could have ever had.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ooh la la look at Mr Fancy Pants. Too good to do his poppers in basement!

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

I gave blood today and I don't know if it's just an Alberta thing (probably is) but none of the phlebotomists were wearing masks. Front line healthcare workers who see hundreds of people a day getting right up in people's spaces to poke them and no masks, just huffing in everyone's germs all day and making the whole thing a huge disease vector. Made me so anxious and mad I filled my bag in like 3 minutes. If our supply of masks is so low or our healthcare management is so bad that frontline workers are going without basic PPE than we are unbelievably hosed.

I'm real mad. What the gently caress Blood Services Canada?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Square Peg posted:

our supply of masks is so low or our healthcare management is so bad that frontline workers are going without basic PPE

Yes.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Yeah due to PHIA a lot of us can't talk about stuff, but uh, it's not good.

We will get through this because of some selfless and good front line people not those in governmen--
*Opens door to Premier's office to see a "gone fishin in Costa Rica" sign hanging off his chair*

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Durf posted:

i've met a few people from Barrie and I'm picturing their bars as something like this. real classy affairs

As an Orillia native (where a big night out on the town is going to Barrie), that tracks.

I'm pretty sure two out of three women who have visited The Ranch have a roofie story.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ChickenWing posted:

As an Orillia native (where a big night out on the town is going to Barrie), that tracks.

I'm pretty sure two out of three women who have visited The Ranch have a roofie story.

Jokes on you, for Barrie girls a night on the town ends with going to the HA Clubhouse out near Angus or waking up in the shacks over at Borden.

I got roofied at The Queens when I was 19 because one of the girls in our group went up to the bar to order a drink for me.

Fuckin Barrie

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ChickenWing posted:

:negative:
As a Washago native a big night out was going to Orillia

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Rutibex posted:

:negative:
As a Washago native a big night out was going to Orillia

My parents just moved out to Washago and uh if you grew up there yeah I can see a night out at Brewery Bay being the height of luxury, or Tux if you really wanna go out for a rip

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

Fuckin Barrie

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Manitoba PCs destroy the Manitoba Health System [WORLD RECORD SPEEDRUN]

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Starks posted:

how could anyone care about the carbon tax right now lmao. gas is at an all time low. I thought about taking my car for a drive to keep the battery alive but there’s no movement and I’m worried I won’t be able to find any street parking when I come back.

I went up to a farm to get some eggs for basically the battery reason and it was nice. There's new lambs stumbling about and some cattle enjoying the spring sun in the pasture. Covid can't touch them. :unsmith:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Square Peg posted:

I gave blood today and I don't know if it's just an Alberta thing (probably is) but none of the phlebotomists were wearing masks. Front line healthcare workers who see hundreds of people a day getting right up in people's spaces to poke them and no masks, just huffing in everyone's germs all day and making the whole thing a huge disease vector. Made me so anxious and mad I filled my bag in like 3 minutes. If our supply of masks is so low or our healthcare management is so bad that frontline workers are going without basic PPE than we are unbelievably hosed.

I'm real mad. What the gently caress Blood Services Canada?

it turns out that slashing healthcare non-stop for decades had a drawback who could have imagined

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://globalnews.ca/news/6772979/coronavirus-3m-n95-respirators-trump-canada/

quote:

Trump asks medical supply firm 3M to stop selling N95 respirators to Canada
U.S.-based company 3M said Friday that it has been asked not to supply N95 respirators to Canada amid the coronavirus pandemic.

U.S. President Donald Trump has ordered Minnesota-based company to produce and sell as many medical-grade masks as the Federal Emergency Management Agency says it needs. He invoked the Defence Production Act in order to speed up the distribution of masks.

“The Administration also requested that 3M cease exporting respirators that we currently manufacture in the United States to the Canadian and Latin American markets,” a statement from the company read.

Get your butts ready folks, war of 1812 is back on

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

get angry at ourselves for letting these things be made somewhere other than Canada.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
https://twitter.com/althiaraj/status/1246034182821773313

:liberalism:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is his 9/11, he's going to be prime minister.

Then he can REALLY stick it to Toronto

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Powershift posted:

a noun and a verb and coronavirus

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
https://twitter.com/DFisman/status/1246127388452442113

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Powershift posted:

Ehhhh Giuliani was the big government hero of 9/11 but it didn't make him electable as president.

Not to mention the whole federal Conservative party spent the entirety of 2019 treating Doug like he was radioactive and actively hid him from campaigning.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
While I wouldn't put anything past our unbelievably stupid public and press I am still skeptical that most elected leaders are going to come out of this looking good. Remember the crisis hasn't actually started yet - all the scary mass casualties and economic calamities are still in the future, the stuff we've seen so far is not representative of where we'll be in a few more weeks, let alone a month.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Helsing posted:

While I wouldn't put anything past our unbelievably stupid public and press I am still skeptical that most elected leaders are going to come out of this looking good. Remember the crisis hasn't actually started yet - all the scary mass casualties and economic calamities are still in the future, the stuff we've seen so far is not representative of where we'll be in a few more weeks, let alone a month.

the devils bargain is that if we succeed. if we manage to contain this thing. then largely conservative assholes look like amazing hero’s

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

thank u to brian pallister for moving as quickly as possible to remove the pst from home insurance, this will provide my family with 4 extra dollars a month to in this extraordinarily tough times

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

DariusLikewise posted:

thank u to brian pallister for moving as quickly as possible to remove the pst from home insurance, this will provide my family with 4 extra dollars a month to in this extraordinarily tough times

https://twitter.com/erikbryn/status/1242089012434788354?s=20

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

Don't worry he's giving corporations a tax cut too

Best thing to do in a crisis is to cut tax to pay for the crisis

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:nexus:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Jun 20, 2021

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:newlol:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:55 on Jun 20, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Helsing posted:

a left-wing politician who wasn't a complete coward would be hammering their physically distanced podium about how easily we could reach calamity and how many hospitals are already overwhelmed before the crisis actually hits and how we've chosen to run things under austerity as if a crisis could never happen, unfortunately none of those people seem to exist

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Don't worry he's giving corporations a tax cut too

Best thing to do in a crisis is to cut tax to pay for the crisis

somehow manitoba is going to come out the other side of this with a flat tax, no crown corporations and no social services

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
otoh, it may also be entirely empty as well

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:mrwhite:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:55 on Jun 20, 2021

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

If my future choice for PM is between pseudo-fasc right wing nuts I choose Légault.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ARACHTION posted:

If my future choice for PM is between pseudo-fasc right wing nuts I choose Légault.

Mussolini made the trains run on time.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

by adjusting the train schedules, but technically, on time

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Another Bill posted:

Mussolini made the trains run on time.

just gotta get used to crucifixes getting put up on public buildings

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

ARACHTION posted:

just gotta get used to crucifixes getting put up on public buildings

Just as long as they change the millionaire every now and then. Nobody wants to be that family who leaves their Hallowe'en millionaire up on the crucifix to rot through the end of November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
loving Kenney is just up there jacking off capitalism this is loving gross and stupid.