Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I just realized that both bug and fish special merchants are horrible internet stereotypes
And the fish one is virtually useless while ovocalypse is currently underway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Policenaut posted:

The rich get richer in Lahan as Ankha moved in and immediately started DIYing gold poo poo, so as not to be outshone by Lopez making gold poo poo.

Golden Dishes! Get them for your kitchen! Come bother Ankha here in Lahan until she gets tired of making them.

G6TKN

drat that rules. Is Lahan a Xenogears reference?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Policenaut posted:

The rich get richer in Lahan as Ankha moved in and immediately started DIYing gold poo poo, so as not to be outshone by Lopez making gold poo poo.

Golden Dishes! Get them for your kitchen! Come bother Ankha here in Lahan until she gets tired of making them.

G6TKN

On my way, will also be attempting to convince Ankha to move to my island

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Is it me, or are bug spawns way down in April so far? I'm wondering if the cherry blossoms replace them...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oxyclean posted:

Doesn't sound like it. The way the map screen is formatted the current facilities fill the space neatly, granted that's not really the best confirmation, but with all the time travelers I feel like we would have heard of more shops by now.

It's a shame really, I feel like the island has enough real estate to make room for another few key buildings.

Or they could've allowed for a few more villagers.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Poque posted:

drat that rules. Is Lahan a Xenogears reference?

It sure is, friend. I'm also wearing my finest Shulk costume!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Man I just realized that both bug and fish special merchants are horrible internet stereotypes

what is flick a horrible stereotype of

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oxyclean posted:

Doesn't sound like it. The way the map screen is formatted the current facilities fill the space neatly, granted that's not really the best confirmation, but with all the time travelers I feel like we would have heard of more shops by now.

Future shops are likely to be dlc and thus un time travelable because they won't exist until they are released

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Captain Hygiene posted:

:(
I'd hate to miss out for something like that, but this is a prime "chill with podcasts/youtubes" kinda game. Just crank down the volume and listen to something fun?

This is me, podcast in one ear, ac in the other.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Brother Entropy posted:

what is flick a horrible stereotype of

Twitter and deviantart artist types

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I stan Flick and his pillbug-themed apocalypse poetry

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Calaveron posted:

they're just gay, dude

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Poque posted:

Same, Flick rules so much that I've posted twice in it.

CJ owns less now but I figure after the 12th he'll be way more tolerable

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
I have Flick in town and was gonna try to make a water bug island to get some money, but instead traveled right into tarantula island, oh man

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I think it's really cool that Nintendo made two of this game's most memorable NPCs a gay couple. I guess maybe there's some ambiguity with the use of "partner," but it's honestly difficult to interpret C.J. and Flick any other way.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I assumed Flick was a lady lizard. :shrug:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I questioned her decision to devote roughly a third of her house to a giant loving pyramid, but look at all this gold she's gonna make me so much gold poo poo.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What do they do with all those bugs + fish

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I have Flick in town and was gonna try to make a water bug island to get some money, but instead traveled right into tarantula island, oh man

So yeah this worked out nicely

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

opening up for a bit, gonna be afk by the museum but have a look around

closed

we got saharah in town with sumo ring, tech wall and some boring rugs

and ables has a skeleton outfit, kimonos, sherlock hats and other stuff

orchard is north of the house feel free to go wild on the fruit, turnips are like 30 bells dont bother

Stux fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 3, 2020

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

What do they do with all those bugs + fish

Mash 'em all up and burn the organic slurry to run the generator in Nook's tent / town hall.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I love that goofy cat. Very envious!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ankha is the best, my first interaction with her in New Leaf was basically:
"Hey check out my house, what do you think?"
"It's cool!"
[letter in mail a day later] "gently caress YOU I KNOW WHAT YOU REALLY MEANT I'M GONNA BUY ALL NEW STUFF NOW! Anyway here's a present"
before she settled down a bit

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I like how Flick always emotes like he's pulling one over on you when he gives you a price for your bugs.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Future shops are likely to be dlc and thus un time travelable because they won't exist until they are released

That's what I was kinda thinking. Island Designer also gives you a lot of power to create space for stuff too - seems like it'd be good to have that before they throw too many buildings at you.

Though in general, I don't know what to think - I feel like they could add so much in updates, I also feel like I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. As far as buildings go I don't even know what we really "need' from a functionality standpoint.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they definitely left space for a second floor to the museum and I think the cafe returning is an eventuality

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Mage hat island is now closed but May open again later.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

flatluigi posted:

they definitely left space for a second floor to the museum and I think the cafe returning is an eventuality

I was looking at that spot in the museum today wondering if they'll re-add paintings (and Redd - seems like he'd fit right in as a plaza visitor?)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ankha is the best, my first interaction with her in New Leaf was basically:
"Hey check out my house, what do you think?"
"It's cool!"
[letter in mail a day later] "gently caress YOU I KNOW WHAT YOU REALLY MEANT I'M GONNA BUY ALL NEW STUFF NOW! Anyway here's a present"
before she settled down a bit

Her entire Amiibo campsite questline is her demanding you build her poo poo to bring home and make all her friends jealous because no one else has stuff from your island. It's great.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Poque posted:

flatluigi posted:

they're just gay, dude

:hai:

stev posted:

I assumed Flick was a lady lizard. :shrug:

CJ uses male pronouns when referring to his “partner” who makes bug statues but also fish statues.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
strange request but does anyone know if there are rope fences in the game? It would fit perfectly with one of my ideas but all of the fences I can make are either very ornate or like... barbed wire.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Stux posted:

opening up for a bit, gonna be afk by the museum but have a look around

2QY5V

we got saharah in town with sumo ring, tech wall and some boring rugs

and ables has a skeleton outfit, kimonos, sherlock hats and other stuff

orchard is north of the house feel free to go wild on the fruit, turnips are like 30 bells dont bother

Thanks Stux, this was the first time I've gone to one of these and you let me get oranges, which were the only fruit I was missing. I owe you one.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Your Computer posted:

strange request but does anyone know if there are rope fences in the game? It would fit perfectly with one of my ideas but all of the fences I can make are either very ornate or like... barbed wire.

there are yes, similar to the ones they use to rope of a bridge or incline area for building but with plain rope

^^ np!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Your Computer posted:

Haven't seen one yet but I got country fences and hay fences

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Flick shares a spot in my heart with Angus as precious gay animals who both have 'that rear end' and I won't have him besmirched.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Your Computer posted:

it has to be 5 on the same day

specifically, there will always be 5 randomly placed wasps per day on your island and if you shake them out and catch all of them you get the reward :v:

you can also do this with mystery island wasps, and there is one wasp nest on every island

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What is the fruit I'm missing btw. I have apples cherry orange peach pear and coconut, but the nook miles goal only is giving my 5 out of 6 stamps. I also have bamboo.

Did I forget to plant one of my native fruit possibly?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Calaveron posted:

they are actually both cute and funny. especially flick who is the relatable darling of every artist online atm

Your Computer posted:

there are, they're made with iron for the rods the rope goes between.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

there are yes, similar to the ones they use to rope of a bridge or incline area for building but with plain rope

aw heck yes! Even if I can't get them yet I'll build with them in mind, then. Thanks!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What is the fruit I'm missing btw. I have apples cherry orange peach pear and coconut, but the nook miles goal only is giving my 5 out of 6 stamps. I also have bamboo.

Did I forget to plant one of my native fruit possibly?

That's probably what you missed because that's the six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Does anyone have a spare recipe for Ironwood Dresser or Cutting Board?

I've got the Ironwood Kitchenette as my hot item which is BIG bucks, but I don't have the recipe for the sub ingredients.