Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

quote:

After some time during a campaign, some lords were remaining without troops in their party because of financial problems and constantly being harassed by bandits. Lords now manage their finances more effectively and take troops from garrisons if they are at risk of going bankrupt. This was one reason for the snowball effect in the campaign, with kingdoms being eliminated too easily.

Sounds like some of these lords should have spent less on avocado toast and planned ahead for hard times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DrNutt posted:

Sounds like some of these lords should have spent less on avocado toast and planned ahead for hard times.

the bootstraps were labeled multiplayer only

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
just remember this is basically 2004 era mount and blade but modern

it is janky and buggy but gently caress you i love it

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

the bootstraps were labeled multiplayer only

:eyepop:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Babe Magnet posted:

installing a mod to level faster since it's slow as hell at the moment is really making it obvious that maybe less than half of the perks in the game right now just do not do anything. Was really looking forward to modifying my dude's positions before battles started lol

socialsecurity posted:

Even ignoring crashes the huge faction balance issues on top of most of the perks not working still make this a very rough game at this point it is not a good idea to have this be someones first look at Mount and Blade.

Just to confirm: You have to go into the character screen and click on the perks you’ve unlocked. Are you doing that and they don’t work?

It’s what that little shield with the number per category is alerting you to, you don’t get both perks at each threshold.

I didn’t check if the encyclopedia covers this but it’s not obvious at all otherwise.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 3, 2020

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Fleetwood Crack posted:

gently caress yeah they fixed my corrupted save files! Go Taleworlds go!

Be sure once you load a previously corrupted save to save again and then load because it might actually still be broken.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mazz posted:

Just to confirm: You have to go into the character screen and click on the perks you’ve unlocked. Are you doing that and they don’t work?

It’s what that little shield with the number per category is alerting you to, you don’t get both perks at each threshold.

I didn’t check if the encyclopedia covers this but it’s not obvious at all otherwise.

Nah they're right some perks do indeed just not work. One of the more obvious broken ones is the bow perk that lets you use any bow from horseback (it doesn't lol).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There still appears to only be one crossbow.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I've been getting a recurring bug with companions sent on assignment failing to return and instead getting stuck in a HOLDING state in Ain Baliq (they are not actually in Ain Baliq). You can get them back by kicking them from the clan and recruiting them again from a tavern, though this does mean their assignment fails to complete, any troops they had with them cease to exist, and you have to pay to hire them based on the value of their equipment (which can be substantial if you haven't already broken the economy). Googling has suggested it's a pretty common issue without any better fixes yet, but it's pretty frustrating.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

There still appears to only be one crossbow.

And now its price seems to have doubled to forty thousand denars lmao.

Edit: It looks like regular bows also cost twice as much now.

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 3, 2020

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Goast posted:

just remember this is basically 2004 era mount and blade but modern

it is janky and buggy but gently caress you i love it

It has QoL updates the previous game got later or in mods already. ALT to highlight locations and notable characters is already huge. Having game remember prices of some items in other cities you've visited is amazing too.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

there are obviously tons of underlying relationship systems that are clearly not seeing full use either

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I did find this though:

Majestic

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 3, 2020

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm just sad I won a tournament for some sweet rear end armored bearskin cape and got my little party in a good position then a patch drops and I should probably start over so the game isn't as broken.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Gobblecoque posted:

And now its price seems to have doubled to forty thousand denars lmao.

Edit: It looks like regular bows also cost twice as much now.

I added back in the "multiplayer_item" stuff yesterday and bought the Imperial Lord helmet for around 50k and now after the patch it's showing up in shops for like 150k

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Does anyone know if there's a mod to remove the herd penalty for map movement speed? I strongly dislike having to micromanage my horses.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Humphrey :3:

It is Bannerlord my dudes.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Whoa, I just now realized that when raiding hideouts, your archers are by default set to hold fire. For those of you not using the mod that let's you bring your entire army into the hideout, if you command your archers to fire at will when the battle starts you'll have a MUCH better experience.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Does anyone know if there's a mod to remove the herd penalty for map movement speed? I strongly dislike having to micromanage my horses.

Give yourself the 10% bonus map speed, problem solved

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Does anyone know if it's possible to control what troops you take to a hideout mission? I've got a dozen of the elite imperial footmen with big shields who would be perfect, but even if I put them at the top of the party list it still never picks more than 2 or 3 of them.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Give yourself the 10% bonus map speed, problem solved
Oh I've been running that since day 1, it's such a quality of life improvement because spending 10 minutes chasing down an enemy is just an annoying waste of time. I play this game for the battles, not to watch the map go by.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pharnakes posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to control what troops you take to a hideout mission? I've got a dozen of the elite imperial footmen with big shields who would be perfect, but even if I put them at the top of the party list it still never picks more than 2 or 3 of them.

I think it's a mix of that and what troop types you have/possibly what formations they're in, so it'll pick some good infantrys if you put them at the top but if you have archers it'll pick some of those too, and cav, without horses, which can be desirable as noble cav have way better skills than levy infantry even off the horse.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Huh? You just buy lots of horses no matter what

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Pharnakes posted:

its weird. there's a mod mentioned earlier that just lets you bring your whole army though. Obv broken but gently caress those battles anyway, i have a good horse because i'm wearing the best armour, now i have to waddle around and take as many javelins as i can because the rest of my team apparently can't block for poo poo

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

too many horses relative to army size will actually slow you down

50 dudes and 50 horses is a lot easier to manage than 50 dudes and 500 horses

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

yeah. i have a million horses and the bonuses for your footmen travelling on horses and carrying capacity kinda even it out

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Goast posted:

too many horses relative to army size will actually slow you down

50 dudes and 50 horses is a lot easier to manage than 50 dudes and 500 horses

huh. i haven't seen any penalties for me.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I think if you have the pack animal horses(sumpter) and mules, they eventuality give you that "herd" penalty that slows you down.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

albany academy posted:

huh. i haven't seen any penalties for me.

expand the info in the lower right and hover over the movespeed thing to see the modifier tooltip

theres really no info on what the exact horse:troop:mule ratio is but if you have literally hundreds of horses it will knock a point or two off your speed

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Yeah just only buy tier 2 horses.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Start a new game because of the patch, do char creation again and go fight a pack of 4 looters. Game crashed mid battle. Goddamn it.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Something just launched this horse wayyyy into the air lol.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You want no less than one riding horse per foot soldier to maximise your speed, and enough pack horses to carry however much extra poo poo you're lugging, usually food.

But you can have more than that with no issue unless you do something daft like trying to lug around three dozen horses by yourself. Just keep it roughly the same as your army size and you'll be fine.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
lol it takes a week's worth of "stamina" to burn like 8 bunches of wood into charcoal. Incredible.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Does the model size of the shield matter when blocking arrows? I'm assuming it does, but the fattest shield I've found (a pavise) is worth like 500 dinars compared to the relatively tiny 4000 dinar shields I keep looting

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Midgetskydiver posted:

lol it takes a week's worth of "stamina" to burn like 8 bunches of wood into charcoal. Incredible.

things were very hard in the olde days

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Just won a battle, cool let's check out the loot.

:eyepop:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That's one blinged out horse.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

It'll still get smoked by normal arrows when charging I imagine :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

How do you keep your workshops supplied with materials? I have no idea which part of the UI to do this at or how to check it.