Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

oh dope well, I'm definitely going to do that too, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Plus that way you're supporting the American economy in these trying times!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the funniest part is I've never even microtransacted before for any game, never played gacha, etc but something about FFXI just fundamentally breaks my brain

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Always double check the AH when buying spells, some are way cheaper from the AH and some are way cheaper from a vendor.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Early on before I hit Aht Urghan areas, my money making scheme was to buy scrolls of haste from Selbina for like 20k, then AH them for 100k+ but apparently other people caught on cus the price for them has tanked on the AH.

Stacks of imperial bronze pieces are still my go-to whenever I need gil and don't have many sparks on hand. I know 100k is pretty much chump change later on but it's been more than enough to keep me going this early on.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I don’t know if anyone else is like me and they occasionally get distracted by other games, but right now I’m pretty into bannerlord. Last time this happened I didn’t log in for three days and lost yoran Oran for over a week

Making this post as a reminder to anyone else just returning to at least log in long enough every day to do your unity dailies and do an echads worth of exp for accolades. I’ve been doing that I’m doing a level and a half a day plus getting just enough accolades to retain the hands down best trust I’ve run into so far

Also: what’s the difference between indi and geo spells? The wiki says they’re the same potency, is it just where the AOE bubble is centered? Indi on you, geo on....wherever you place your luopuoan? I only just unlocked GEO and haven’t even learned the first spell yet

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I hit 99 and started working on Adoulin for the RoV missions, I'm really digging it. The "pioneers taming an unknown wilderness" theme is really well integrated into all the mechanics. I enjoyed exploring and the feeling of more areas opening up as you unlock teleports and survival skills. Plus the music is awesome. Now I'm stuck on waiting for imprimaturs to accumulate, but fortunately I unlocked them a couple days in advance so I almost have enough.

Now that I have my 119 Bayld gear, are my trusts as strong as they're going to get? I was able to solo a VE ambuscade after several attempts, but the fight was like 15-20 minutes and I don't think I could do it consistently. I guess the only way to speed up my clear time is to improve my personal damage output, or wait for a trust campaign so I can get better ones?

edit:

Frog Act posted:

So I don’t know if anyone else is like me and they occasionally get distracted by other games, but right now I’m pretty into bannerlord. Last time this happened I didn’t log in for three days and lost yoran Oran for over a week

Making this post as a reminder to anyone else just returning to at least log in long enough every day to do your unity dailies and do an echads worth of exp for accolades. I’ve been doing that I’m doing a level and a half a day plus getting just enough accolades to retain the hands down best trust I’ve run into so far

Also: what’s the difference between indi and geo spells? The wiki says they’re the same potency, is it just where the AOE bubble is centered? Indi on you, geo on....wherever you place your luopuoan? I only just unlocked GEO and haven’t even learned the first spell yet

You can also just log in and accept the unity dailies and then do several days' worth all at once. I had 6 different "talk in unity chat" objectives accepted simultaneously because unity chat is almost always full.

Edly fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 1, 2020

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Frog Act posted:

Indi spells will be an aoe bubble around you. Geo spells you need to target someone (or an enemy) and then it will summon a luopan at that location, which has an aoe bubble of its own. Once summoned, the luopan will slowly lose HP. It can also take HP damage from AOE stuff and other enemy spells/skills. Obviously when it runs out of hp, it dies and the bubble vanishes. Whether the bubble effects allies or enemies depends on the specific spell - buffing ones effect allies, debuffing ones effect enemies, etc. You can only ever have one of each going, but you do eventually get an ability to place an indi spell on a teammate instead of you, allowing you to have two indi spells at once.

You get indi-spells the same way as other jobs do - just buying a scroll plate and using it to learn the spell. Geo spells you need to go to a specific location on the map to find a Geomagnetic Fount, and then examine it to learn the spell. You can only learn the geo version of a spell once you're at the required level, AND have learned the indi version. For example, while indi-poison is available at lv1, to learn geo-poison you need to have already learned indi-poison and then examine the geomagnetic fount in East Ronfaure after you've reached level 5.

Most often the "ideal" way to play is to ensure that things are stacked naturally - so an attack buffing bubble and a defense debuffing bubble, for example.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 1, 2020

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Indi spells will be an aoe bubble around you. Geo spells you need to target someone (or an enemy) and then it will summon a luopan at that location, which has an aoe bubble of its own. Once summoned, the luopan will slowly lose HP. It can also take HP damage from AOE stuff and other enemy spells/skills. Obviously when it runs out of hp, it dies and the bubble vanishes. Whether the bubble effects allies or enemies depends on the specific spell - buffing ones effect allies, debuffing ones effect enemies, etc. You can only ever have one of each going, but you do eventually get an ability to place an indi spell on a teammate instead of you, allowing you to have two indi spells at once.

You get indi-spells the same way as other jobs do - just buying a scroll plate and using it to learn the spell. Geo spells you need to go to a specific location on the map to find a Geomagnetic Fount, and then examine it to learn the spell. You can only learn the geo version of a spell once you're at the required level, AND have learned the indi version. For example, while indi-poison is available at lv1, to learn geo-poison you need to have already learned indi-poison and then examine the geomagnetic fount in East Ronfaure after you've reached level 5.

Most often the "ideal" way to play is to ensure that things are stacked naturally - so an attack buffing bubble and a defense debuffing bubble, for example.

Very interesting, so it's sort of like Bard song things but with an additional element of AOE management. So you can eventually have three aoe buffs/debuffs going, like, one on you emanating outward to other casters, one on the tank that buffs melee and a third that debuffs the target, or something, that sounds cool. I'm gonna give that a go when I hit 99. I'm 83 now and doing at least a level or two a day so it won't be too terribly long, and Bannerlord won't distract me for too long until mods come out

Edly posted:

I hit 99 and started working on Adoulin for the RoV missions, I'm really digging it. The "pioneers taming an unknown wilderness" theme is really well integrated into all the mechanics. I enjoyed exploring and the feeling of more areas opening up as you unlock teleports and survival skills. Plus the music is awesome. Now I'm stuck on waiting for imprimaturs to accumulate, but fortunately I unlocked them a couple days in advance so I almost have enough.

Now that I have my 119 Bayld gear, are my trusts as strong as they're going to get? I was able to solo a VE ambuscade after several attempts, but the fight was like 15-20 minutes and I don't think I could do it consistently. I guess the only way to speed up my clear time is to improve my personal damage output, or wait for a trust campaign so I can get better ones?

edit:

You can also just log in and accept the unity dailies and then do several days' worth all at once. I had 6 different "talk in unity chat" objectives accepted simultaneously because unity chat is almost always full.

Good call. As a lower level scrub halfway through most storylines/levels I have a lot of semi permanent ROEs but I'll fill some slots with unity things for later

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Frog Act posted:

Very interesting, so it's sort of like Bard song things but with an additional element of AOE management. So you can eventually have three aoe buffs/debuffs going, like, one on you emanating outward to other casters, one on the tank that buffs melee and a third that debuffs the target, or something, that sounds cool. I'm gonna give that a go when I hit 99. I'm 83 now and doing at least a level or two a day so it won't be too terribly long, and Bannerlord won't distract me for too long until mods come out

Yeah GEO is pretty neat! The indi spells follow along with you as you run around, so your individual positioning matters as well. The jobs also has a lot of abilities to mess with the luopan's strength and health. For example, one summons a luopan with half health, but a far stronger effect. Another increases the bubble's strength further but drains the luopan's HP faster - which can be counteracted with a third ability that slows the HP drain! So you can run into a cool balancing act with what effects you want to boost with these abilities, but also how you want to manage the ability cooldowns. Do you want to load all three on one luopan to have one super duper strong bubble, but then once it's gone you'll have to wait a while for all three JAs to go off cooldown? Do you want to use one per luopan to ensure they last longer? etc. Essentailly, lots of balancing between strength of an effect and the length it'll stick around for. And, of course, which effects you even decide to use this on - boosting player damage? Buffing mages? etc.

It also has some nuking capabilities, with some powerful spells that are AOEs around the caster. As far as I know these aren't hugely used in endgame, but it gives you some more positioning puzzle to work around, and gives you some more active things to do - one criticism of GEO is that it can be boring, since theoretically you just drop your bubbles then sit there waiting for the party to do work. But like most support jobs it's as boring as you make it, and you can make GEO pretty interesting and interactive.

It also gets goofycool looking job-specific gear.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I love the stories for the game, they're really well done, but on the other hand the player character never really feels like they're DOING much, at least in Zilart and CoP (I haven't gotten through ToAH or WotG yet) - it's mostly you just tagging along as the mainline NPCs do all the important stuff. They're decent stories, but after a buddy pointed that out as we were going through them, it sticks out like a sore thumb to me now.

By the time you get to WotG and Rhapsodies, welcome to "jesus christ you haven't quit yet? I guess you're like a god now, huh"-level power creep for your character. Don't get me wrong, there's always someone "cooler" than you in every storyline, but by the time you get to Rhapsodies the game and the setting in it have accepted that you are the Goku of FFXI and no one can really deny it. Leads to one of my favorite story bits in the game in WotG. An otherwise forgettable fight where the big bad tries something clever to stop you. They yank the you from their dimension and send them to take you down.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Shinjobi posted:

By the time you get to WotG and Rhapsodies, welcome to "jesus christ you haven't quit yet? I guess you're like a god now, huh"-level power creep for your character. Don't get me wrong, there's always someone "cooler" than you in every storyline, but by the time you get to Rhapsodies the game and the setting in it have accepted that you are the Goku of FFXI and no one can really deny it. Leads to one of my favorite story bits in the game in WotG. An otherwise forgettable fight where the big bad tries something clever to stop you. They yank the you from their dimension and send them to take you down.

It's not even really a matter of "power" or anything like that, it's more just direct agency in the story. In Zilart the player character is almost literally just a cameraman - the story is 100% driven by Lion, Zeid, and Aldo. All the player really does is run around doing errands, and then during the big plot moments that actually matter it's the Lion Zeid Aldo show. CoP is pretty much similar, but with Prishe Ulmia Tenzen and Louverance. It's always "let's go to location to do plot thing! come along player!" and so the player just tags along because well we can't let the world end I guess. Almost every major battle or plot point the player could be ignored, and things would happen just the same - when you fight Kam'Lanaut, it'd be just as easy for Lion Zeid and Aldo to have fought him instead of those three + player, etc.

I've started up ToAU missions, and so far they're waaaay better about this. The characters are just as impactful on the story, but they're usually off doing their own thing while the player goes to do the things driving the main story. The player is the one who gives Trion Raillefal the info on the Astral Candescense that kicks off the meeting of the four nations, the player is the one who goes off to investigate the ghost ship, etc. The player's direct impact on CoP that ignores other characters is...idk, accidentally getting warped to Tavnazia I guess? Saving some people from Promyvion Vahzl, even though them getting trapped feels much more like an excuse for a dungeon rather than actual plot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It's not even really a matter of "power" or anything like that, it's more just direct agency in the story. In Zilart the player character is almost literally just a cameraman - the story is 100% driven by Lion, Zeid, and Aldo. All the player really does is run around doing errands, and then during the big plot moments that actually matter it's the Lion Zeid Aldo show. CoP is pretty much similar, but with Prishe Ulmia Tenzen and Louverance. It's always "let's go to location to do plot thing! come along player!" and so the player just tags along because well we can't let the world end I guess. Almost every major battle or plot point the player could be ignored, and things would happen just the same - when you fight Kam'Lanaut, it'd be just as easy for Lion Zeid and Aldo to have fought him instead of those three + player, etc.

I've started up ToAU missions, and so far they're waaaay better about this. The characters are just as impactful on the story, but they're usually off doing their own thing while the player goes to do the things driving the main story. The player is the one who gives Trion Raillefal the info on the Astral Candescense that kicks off the meeting of the four nations, the player is the one who goes off to investigate the ghost ship, etc. The player's direct impact on CoP that ignores other characters is...idk, accidentally getting warped to Tavnazia I guess? Saving some people from Promyvion Vahzl, even though them getting trapped feels much more like an excuse for a dungeon rather than actual plot.

Yeah, ToAU is the first story to make you more prominent and not forgettable. But yes, it's also the start of the everyone tries to downplay you until you stomp on their face.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I unlocked Dancer last night after always poo-pooing it as an inherently lame class idea, like BRD but stupid, but I actually had some good fun with it. I accidentally finished the kill 750 mobs ROE and got 10k exp at once which took me from 6-12 in one, took it to valkurm and made it to 17 in about 15 minutes total. I like the status effects and that it seems to be less magic skill intensive (I didn't get any dance skill ups I'm assuming they aren't a separate skill) and the idea of healing / buffing / debuffing by building a ton of TP with fast dual wield knife attacks seems pretty cool, even if it makes using weapon skills way harder.

so whats the skinny on dancer? is it hard to gear? useful once geared? end-game relevant? what subjobs do people recommend?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Frog Act posted:

So I unlocked Dancer last night after always poo-pooing it as an inherently lame class idea, like BRD but stupid, but I actually had some good fun with it. I accidentally finished the kill 750 mobs ROE and got 10k exp at once which took me from 6-12 in one, took it to valkurm and made it to 17 in about 15 minutes total. I like the status effects and that it seems to be less magic skill intensive (I didn't get any dance skill ups I'm assuming they aren't a separate skill) and the idea of healing / buffing / debuffing by building a ton of TP with fast dual wield knife attacks seems pretty cool, even if it makes using weapon skills way harder.

so whats the skinny on dancer? is it hard to gear? useful once geared? end-game relevant? what subjobs do people recommend?

dancer is very good these days and 2019 was good to it. the guide on ffxiah is very up to date. you will absolutely want ja0 if you get serious about DNC.

i wouldn't say hard to gear, the 'required' amount of JSE armor is pretty minimal. horos toes and maxixi tights/gloves, maculele hat are the required pieces and the rest are utility that you can build up over time (things like samba duration, step acc, etc.) and the rest of the gear is the same thing anyone else wants anyway.

the weapon barrier to entry isn't super enormous, you ultimately want a twash and/or terpischore, but you can do a lot with just working on Tauret.

the biggest downside to dancer is the same downside to any DD job, you're a DD job in a sea of DDs.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53853/the-last-dance-iii-a-dancers-guide-new/

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

dancer is very good these days and 2019 was good to it. the guide on ffxiah is very up to date. you will absolutely want ja0 if you get serious about DNC.

i wouldn't say hard to gear, the 'required' amount of JSE armor is pretty minimal. horos toes and maxixi tights/gloves, maculele hat are the required pieces and the rest are utility that you can build up over time (things like samba duration, step acc, etc.) and the rest of the gear is the same thing anyone else wants anyway.

the weapon barrier to entry isn't super enormous, you ultimately want a twash and/or terpischore, but you can do a lot with just working on Tauret.

the biggest downside to dancer is the same downside to any DD job, you're a DD job in a sea of DDs.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53853/the-last-dance-iii-a-dancers-guide-new/

Thanks dude! I thought dancer was more of a healer / support - does it actually just work as a DD with a little utility? If they’re just DD are most of their heals and weird buffs/debuffs largely ignored?

I guess my burning desire to be a support class that can actually be played without insane investment is channeling me towards COR. Though that also seems tough, with a high gear floor, so who knows. I’m level 90 now on my RDM and my next highest class is WHM at 52 so that might be my next to 99, it seems like an easy ticket to end game stuff and has some fun options I never thought about buff wise

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 6, 2020

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
COR can do some serious damage properly geared with leaden salute and is also the only support that can directly buff pets

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
How easy is it to get RUN geared up to where people will accept you? I'm currently gearing up my first 99, RDM, and while I love the job's ability to solo like crazy I also enjoyed RUN quite a lot and see a TON of people asking for tanks for content. I realize the ~ideal~ is to get REMA poo poo and all that, but what's like, the minimum I should have in order to be able to reasonably participate in content? I feel like with RDM I can participate even if I'm slightly undergeared because I can contribute damage, healing, and debuffing - so if I'm slacking in one area, I can make up for it in others. However with a tank if I'm not geared enough to tank, I'm failing at literally my one job.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Frog Act posted:

Thanks dude! I thought dancer was more of a healer / support - does it actually just work as a DD with a little utility? If they’re just DD are most of their heals and weird buffs/debuffs largely ignored?

I guess my burning desire to be a support class that can actually be played without insane investment is channeling me towards COR. Though that also seems tough, with a high gear floor, so who knows. I’m level 90 now on my RDM and my next highest class is WHM at 52 so that might be my next to 99, it seems like an easy ticket to end game stuff and has some fun options I never thought about buff wise

steps boost your group's damage output and give you finishing moves to amp up your damage even more. the heals are great for soloing and good in a pinch.

COR is a great support class with a high floor for being useful (even a roll cor w/ just basic rings is useful) and an incredible amount of room for growth into a top tier DD.

whm is an easy ticket into end game and not super hard to gear. yag is really nice but not required like some other REMAs are. the job can be stressful though and needs a fair bit of researching content to know what to expect for debuff removal and damage etc. i've just started working on mine and using some of my existing resources from playing geo for a long time to pad it out, it has been pretty fun so far. strongly recommend setting up partybuffs with a filter.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

steps boost your group's damage output and give you finishing moves to amp up your damage even more. the heals are great for soloing and good in a pinch.

COR is a great support class with a high floor for being useful (even a roll cor w/ just basic rings is useful) and an incredible amount of room for growth into a top tier DD.

whm is an easy ticket into end game and not super hard to gear. yag is really nice but not required like some other REMAs are. the job can be stressful though and needs a fair bit of researching content to know what to expect for debuff removal and damage etc. i've just started working on mine and using some of my existing resources from playing geo for a long time to pad it out, it has been pretty fun so far. strongly recommend setting up partybuffs with a filter.

Thanks for all the good answers dude! Luckily the only kind of end game mmo play I’m actually familiar with is healing, from many other similar but hotbar MMOs and having exclusively played WHM in my FFXI attempts before this, so it would probably be an easy transition for me. RDM is very cool but looks prohibitively complex. I’m also gonna unlock BRD for the heck of it, one of my linkshells said they’d help anyone gear anything up and not to be too concerned m

Anyway I hit 90 tonight, doing my LB tonight, then hopefully I’ll have a clear path to finish ROVs

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Hit 99 RDM this morning, traded my kupons for level 109 gear and immediately realized the sparks level 99 gear is just straight up better, bought the Espial Set...now I guess I should work on the ROVs since I have basically all of them left

One piece of 99 gear has more stat bonuses on it than everything I was wearing beforehand. I went from +18 MND to +120 with just the level 109 stuff

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Frog Act posted:

Hit 99 RDM this morning, traded my kupons for level 109 gear and immediately realized the sparks level 99 gear is just straight up better, bought the Espial Set...now I guess I should work on the ROVs since I have basically all of them left

One piece of 99 gear has more stat bonuses on it than everything I was wearing beforehand. I went from +18 MND to +120 with just the level 109 stuff

was it the A-PK109 gear? that stuff is literal garbage yeah. the 119 bayld gear is aight though.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 10, 2020

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

was it the A-PK109 gear? that stuff is literal garbage yeah. the 119 bayld gear is aight though.

Yeah it was absolute poo poo so I traded up for the 20k spark set thats level 117. trade off there is it is exactly identical to the level 1 robe/braises/gaiters mage set so i look indistinguishable from a level one player at fresh 99. upside is my stats have more than doubled and bonuses probably quintupled. doing some reading it seems like I was right about not being able to gear RDM - there's just so many insane requirements, steps, and niche equipment needed to be effective, and, worse of all, it seems way more job point intensive than other classes. like WHM at 99 has two job point gift spells that are nice but not essential, whereas for RDM, all the elemental V skills are gated behind job points, and refresh III, probably the best spell they get (i assume) is gated behind 1200 job points. given that i routinely see 500 selling for ten million gil, that being just, like, the basic thing needed before you can even start gearing makes me want to find something else soon.

that being said it will at least make the ROVs very easy, so my next step is to start plowing through those. then I'm going to level WHM, it seems very manageable and all the groups are hurting for healers, so I'll get some charity gear that will eventually make it easier to get into a support job.

99 sure is a lot to do, i can see the whole "game starts here" sentiment has merit

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

There's a lot you can do without being mastered on a job or even without having 500 jp. Some jobs definitely need it more than others as you discovered.

Were you in the goon discord? We may start doing some content soon and can see about getting people in for ez stuff.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Does anyone know how the RDM enfeebling duration merit interacts with bind? I read somewhere that bind duration is random between 1-120s so if the merit bumps that up to 30s minimum that would be really nice. Apparently bind is an essential part of soloing this month's ambuscade on RDM.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

How easy is it to get RUN geared up to where people will accept you? I'm currently gearing up my first 99, RDM, and while I love the job's ability to solo like crazy I also enjoyed RUN quite a lot and see a TON of people asking for tanks for content. I realize the ~ideal~ is to get REMA poo poo and all that, but what's like, the minimum I should have in order to be able to reasonably participate in content? I feel like with RDM I can participate even if I'm slightly undergeared because I can contribute damage, healing, and debuffing - so if I'm slacking in one area, I can make up for it in others. However with a tank if I'm not geared enough to tank, I'm failing at literally my one job.

The answer to this is "very time consuming". If you try to RUN without basically your BiS stuff already you'll get kicked out of groups because people are idiots. RUN is also the most complicated tank to play well and the skill ceiling is very high. You will also need some very expensive weapons to be accepted. Basically, it's a huge resource commitment to be accepted as a RUN. It's not a huge resource commitment to gear it up decently and learn to play it. But again, people are idiots.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Elitism is strong in the game.

If they aren’t Idros Geos, 4 song 3Rema Bards or Nirvana Summoners they are scoffed or looked at with uncertainty.

Soon I bet it will be Regal Corsairs

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

hagie posted:

Elitism is strong in the game.

If they aren’t Idros Geos, 4 song 3Rema Bards or Nirvana Summoners they are scoffed or looked at with uncertainty.

i got denied for Sinister Reign on my WHM the other day for not having yagrush. this game is wild sometimes.

also the bar has raised for bards, they want you to be a 4 song HM DD bard. :eyepop:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Shoutout to Taels for booting a dude in the middle of an ambuscade who examined my undergeared rdm, then said "yo you can replace me after this"

lol that we then went on to spam out 5 minute clears

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Shoutout to Taels for booting a dude in the middle of an ambuscade who examined my undergeared rdm, then said "yo you can replace me after this"

lol that we then went on to spam out 5 minute clears

Hell yeah. So many rear end in a top hat chuds and elitist idiots in The Linkshell That Shall Not Be Named. Some really cool players in there too but I’m a little fed up with the one guy who is a straight up Nazi. Without cool dudes like Taels and the other goons this game would not be playable

Anyway I’m taking a short break to play Persona 5 now that I’m 99, here’s hoping I don’t lose yoran again

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 15, 2020

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

hagie posted:

You mean Rostam Corsairs :v:

My LS did Ou so much that every COR and also mule had Regal necklaces.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

btw we've been doing HTBFs in discord for rem's tales and other specific drops and anyone is really welcome to come. up to D is really braindead and VD needs like some modest gear. just make sure you have the fights unlocked, we've mostly been doing avatars.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Avatar_phantom_gem

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Frog Act posted:

Hell yeah. So many rear end in a top hat chuds and elitist idiots in The Linkshell That Shall Not Be Named. Some really cool players in there too but I’m a little fed up with the one guy who is a straight up Nazi. Without cool dudes like Taels and the other goons this game would not be playable

Anyway I’m taking a short break to play Persona 5 now that I’m 99, here’s hoping I don’t lose yoran again

Tangentially related, I was shouting for a learning group for Ambuscade V1E and someone told me to just run D instead. I can barely damage the mobs in easy so I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

I think there's secretly a lot of demand for beginner/non-elitist groups because I got a bunch of replies within seconds. And then one overgeared guy who carried us by one shotting everything, which kinda defeated the point since I still have no idea how to play in a group, but I was at least grateful for the free points.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Edly posted:

Tangentially related, I was shouting for a learning group for Ambuscade V1E and someone told me to just run D instead. I can barely damage the mobs in easy so I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

I think there's secretly a lot of demand for beginner/non-elitist groups because I got a bunch of replies within seconds. And then one overgeared guy who carried us by one shotting everything, which kinda defeated the point since I still have no idea how to play in a group, but I was at least grateful for the free points.

With the huge number of returning players over the past couple months, I suspect there's a lot of poorly geared newbies looking to get their feet wet more.

I've been hesitant to join CP parties partly because I don't have all the RoV KIs yet, but also cus I'm worried I won't contribute to a "real" party. Maybe I should just start shouting for "poorly geared players only" or something and specifically try to target that group of players, might have an easier time getting groups together.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kazy posted:

You mean Rostam Corsairs :v:

My LS did Ou so much that every COR and also mule had Regal necklaces.

Ah drat, I'm just now remembering i needed a regal neck and a rostam

Sigh

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Ah drat, I'm just now remembering i needed a regal neck and a rostam

Sigh

You don't need a Rostam.

You need at least two Rostams.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kazy posted:

You don't need a Rostam.

You need at least two Rostams.

Now I know "at least two" means "GET BUCKWILD WITH DIFFERENT ENHANCEMENTS," but the idea of a COR replacing all of their armor with more daggers is extremely my poo poo.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Frog Act posted:

If it's BombToss you are talking about, you don't have to avoid saying the name. The LS had a boom in membership because some one got on FB and tossed out the LS name and the leader and they decided to invite drat near anyone/everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if the LS collapses in the coming months.

A good many of the people that are in there are pretty tired of it and the "membership." I think 2 or 3 people got the boot recently. 1 was harassing one of the ladies, and the other liked to toss around the N-word (soft a) to sound cool.

I am curious to find out who you consider the Nazi to be

hagie fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 16, 2020

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hagie posted:

If it's BombToss you are talking about, you don't have to avoid saying the name. The LS had a boom in membership because some one got on FB and tossed out the LS name and the leader and they decided to invite drat near anyone/everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if the LS collapses in the coming months.

A good many of the people that are in there are pretty tired of it and the "membership." I think 2 or 3 people got the boot recently. 1 was harassing one of the ladies, and the other liked to toss around the N-word (soft a) to sound cool.

I am curious to find out who you consider the Nazi to be

Yeah, it’s bombtoss, and the dude I’m thinking of is Konstantinos. In just the limited time I’ve been on he’s talked about hating Turkish people, dropped slurs about Roma and discussed how both Turks and Romani are enemies of the Greek people, and said a bunch of racist poo poo about black people. The only response I’ve seen is “maybe we shouldn’t discuss that in LS” and I’ll admit I’m complicit in not calling him out enough for not wanting to start a whole thing, though I have said something about his sentiments being wrong and gross

Amusingly he has also revealed he lives on disability in some tiny Greek village while also going on and on about lazy gypsies or how black people aren’t actually getting corona or whatever

It’s just weird because there are a lot of nice, helpful non goons in there - Heriheotto, Shujin, Darkdrgn and a few others have gone out of their way to help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Nah, that dude lives in NJ. Greek descent though. He rambled on one day about Greece being invaded and “having our borders attacked.” I just tossed out a “dude don’t you live in Jersey?” and he shut up

He was in some kind of wreck where a vehicle was resting on his torso and it really hosed his ribs/torso. So that much is true about disability.

He gets on rants often and is generally annoying as hell. What ever you do don’t bring up COVID around him because he won’t shut up.

Heri gets on my nerves for saying “lol google” to drat near every question asked. Shiraj gets on other people’s nerves for being knowledgeable