Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so uhhh... life got pretty busy.
https://i.imgur.com/gVX8M5a.jpg

things I can commit to -

- updating the awful.fyi/leper colony dataset in early january to bring it up to speed
- adding some more awful.fyi pages based on leper data (likely a user statistics page at least, some kind of header bar that links to the various sortable stats pages)
- thread based word clouds you can post in said threads - this will be fun and motivating for me so I'll take some requests for this. A few people have been doing this for some ongoing threads I note.

So um, suggest some threads you'd like some stats/word clouds/whatever else from. i have archives i think and whatnot so even old threads.

please keep in mind I am completely limited to the same data you can browse yourself when it comes to scraping and analyzing these dead gay posts, so don't ask for poo poo outside that scope.

BurgerQuest fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

BurgerQuest posted:

- thread based word clouds you can post in said threads - this will be fun and motivating for me so I'll take some requests for this. A few people have been doing this for some ongoing threads I note.

I'd be interested in seeing a word cloud from this thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3311444

With the boring words excised if necessary.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

BurgerQuest posted:

so uhhh... life got pretty busy.
https://i.imgur.com/gVX8M5a.jpg

things I can commit to -

- updating the awful.fyi/leper colony dataset in early january to bring it up to speed
- adding some more awful.fyi pages based on leper data (likely a user statistics page at least, some kind of header bar that links to the various sortable stats pages)

So um, suggest some threads you'd like some stats/word clouds/whatever else from. i have archives i think and whatnot so even old threads.

please keep in mind I am completely limited to the same data you can browse yourself when it comes to scraping and analyzing these dead gay posts, so don't ask for poo poo outside that scope.

Basically you're saying you're crap at automation

https://www.dataquest.io/blog/tutorial-text-analysis-python-test-hypothesis

this guy does the same thing with way better results

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

b mad at me posted:

Please stop making GBS threads on op.

And ty for your contribution to funny on this forum, op.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b mad at me posted:

i mean you're not wrong, but i also don't want to scrape the lepers colony daily; in this case the cost/benefit of sitting down and scripting that stuff isn't really worth it (for me right now). and this forum with it's broken back doesn't need a script adding page views for little benefit all day long.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zogo posted:

cool thread to do it with, will do.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
If you're fine with a total nerd suggestion, I'd like to see all the juicy common words from the Warframe thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585612

Warframe is a very fun game with a ton of idiotic unique words for everything so I'm curious what turns out to be most popularly used.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
Smilie Usage Stats Please

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
i look at a lot of those smilies and i think gently caress them, they suck, i bet nobody ever uses them. But you know what? maybe I'm wrong.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

cda posted:

i look at a lot of those smilies and i think gently caress them, they suck, i bet nobody ever uses them. But you know what? maybe I'm wrong.

That’d actually be cool. And a separate stat for FYAD mod jack Daniels smilie usage please.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
fyad generates lots of money for SA

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Tetramin posted:

That’d actually be cool. And a separate stat for FYAD mod jack Daniels smilie usage please.

I made this post before I saw people had their pitchforks out, i really just want to know what his fav smilies are because he wields them like a pro.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Tetramin posted:

I made this post before I saw people had their pitchforks out, i really just want to know what his fav smilies are because he wields them like a pro.

If it could be done by user that would definitely be really interesting and you are right, he is a master.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
For instance i would like to know who uses some of my favorite smilies the most, because maybe we would be posting friend. My favorite smilies are:

:witch: :evilbuddy: :D

my least favorite is:

:arnie:

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cda posted:

For instance i would like to know who uses some of my favorite smilies the most, because maybe we would be posting friend. My favorite smilies are:

:witch: :evilbuddy: :D

my least favorite is:

:arnie:

Can probably do this on a per thread basis but definitely not overall forums (I'm not going to scrape the entire forums for this stuff).

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

QueefLatina posted:

fyad generates lots of money for SA

would love to see some stats on this

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok QCS seems alive again and thanks to the work of some other AusGBS/Auspol posters I'm good to go doing some threads.

Repost your requests and I'll do some each night.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

BurgerQuest posted:

Ok QCS seems alive again and thanks to the work of some other AusGBS/Auspol posters I'm good to go doing some threads.

as other posters have mentioned, smilie usage would be pretty Kickin' Rad

i suspect most used will still be :frogout: but it'll be interesting to see the runnerups

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Iamgoofball posted:

as other posters have mentioned, smilie usage would be pretty Kickin' Rad

Yeah this.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BurgerQuest posted:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I'm curious what the breakdown is on how the hours of Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud's total probation record break out across mods/subforums. Who hates him more, C-SPAM or SAS?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I'd like to see user agent stats. Specifically which goon is still using IE6.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I'd like to see user-level analytics in general. Who's been continuously logged in for the longest, who's the oldest still-active user (ie logged in a few times this year); and maybe some per-forum. Which forums have the highest posting rate, the longest average post length, number of posts per thread, number of threads per month. Especially graphs of them varying over time: number of posts/month and threads/month would be really interesting to graph over decades for something like D&D or TG.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Could we get this updated for the great 2019/2020 Forums Drama Wildfire?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
OP if you have ideas for things that'd require a database query, and they're not sensitive in some way, I will be happy to do them when I have time.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

OP if you have ideas for things that'd require a database query, and they're not sensitive in some way, I will be happy to do them when I have time.

Wow, that would be amazing. 9/10 requests in the last few pages are things that need this, rather than things that can be pulled from scraped pages.

I'll drop you a PM over the weekend!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Fuschia tude posted:

Who's been continuously logged in for the longest...

The forum logs you out once per year when the cookie/key expires.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

BurgerQuest posted:

Assuming they're structured like threads, Top 10 saclopedia contributors

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Freakazoid_ posted:

Assuming they're structured like threads, Top 10 saclopedia contributors

Both OPs and repliers

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

That is very nice of you to take the time, Jeffrey

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

It'd be cool if we could get stats on gang tags, if they're not actually just freeform images tough/impossible to track.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

what was the first use of these emotes

:getin:

:dukedoge:

:blastu:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

tetsuo posted:

It'd be cool if we could get stats on gang tags, if they're not actually just freeform images tough/impossible to track.

I was just gonna ask if tracking gangtags was even possible, the one from over in the Animal Crossing thread has been pretty steadily popular - I think it's pushing 300 users now, and I've been curious where that even ranks in popularity.

larper
Apr 9, 2019

heeheex2 posted:

what was the first use of these emotes

:getin:

:dukedoge:

:blastu:

The third one was some fyad thread, Jack Daniels (RIP) championed it

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Most bookmarked threads:
pre:
+-----------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| bookmarks | threadid | title                                                                           |
+-----------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|      2928 |  3792330 | /r/relationships: Memento Mori Lasagna                                          |
|      2726 |  3811995 | PYF Funny Pictures: farting and too soon satisfied                              |
|      2520 |  3763899 | OSHA: definitely bent in the straight places                                    |
|      2270 |  3431884 | Crappy construction tales: The Lyin', the Kitsch, and the Garderobe             |
|      2258 |  3631148 | PYF unnerving article or story: I'm having trouble finding a specific murderer. |
|      2166 |  2886637 | I Killed British - The Griefing Discussion Thread                               |
|      2107 |  3833370 | Cursed images: include a cursed image, dumbass                                  |
|      2084 |  3870318 | Nintendo Switch: Mario's fleshy bounce                                          |
|      2083 |  3343771 | Video Game Hoaxes and Urban Legends: Still The Best. 1973                       |
|      1972 |  3444416 | Ask me about growing up with a girl who thinks she's married to anime guys      |

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Wow that griefing thread went from 2008 to 2016.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
What's the oldest active thread?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Athanatos posted:

More People Should Watch Legend of Galactic Heroes is from October 2004, that's gotta be a contender.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Always wondered this and guessed Legend of Galactic Heroes, but it's this:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=140694

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Most viewed threads:
pre:
+----------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| views    | threadid | title                                                                                 |
+----------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 27181418 |  3680205 | TRUMP: holy gently caress its november 8th                                                     |
| 21984649 |  3851537 | Trump IV: THE NEEDLE BESTOWS IT'S GLORY UPON OUR UNWORTHY VESSELS OF FLESH            |
| 21474195 |  3792330 | /r/relationships: Memento Mori Lasagna                                                |
| 20972931 |  3821460 | Trump Thread II: The man make a tweet                                                 |
| 16116961 |  3811995 | PYF Funny Pictures: farting and too soon satisfied                                    |
| 15327276 |  3807005 | Post itt every time you lol that Trump is a C-SPAM mod (the laughter gets louder)     |
| 14490493 |  3751104 | Idiots on Social Media: you have been infected by the Russia-Pizza Mind Virus         |
| 13318489 |  3651576 | Steam Thread: you're not a kid any more and you want what you had when you were a kid |
| 12818160 |  3748466 | Star Citizen: Big MoMA's House                                                        |
| 12389537 |  3800238 | Star Citizen: Death of a Space Thread?                                                |