Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

pancake rabbit posted:

this is prob a stupid question but did the thread reach a consensus on whether still ordering takeout from a local joint is good or bad

complications are i don't know anyone who works there so i can't just give them cash and also their food is delicious

is it beans? I think you can get an indulgence as long as there's beans involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

ProperCoochie posted:

The one on Madison and Lark. I see it on my commute and it's still always busy.

You're right about no one here caring about the rona. I've been taking quarantine and safety very seriously because I was in NYC the first weekend of March. I've been a-ok thankfully. But up here, it looks like business as usual on the streets, especially warmer days.

drat, that's right by the capital building and all the state and union agencies. It blows my mind because Westchester County is only two hours away. Albany is not prepared

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

D1E posted:

I'm seeing a lot of posts from goons speculating about the incredible revolution that is going to take place in the United States as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some are reasonable, and some are pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking.

I'm reposting what I genuinely believe will be the end outcome of all of this.

Note that other countries will likely see significant (and positive) change - New Zealand for one. But not the ultimate bastion of capitalism.

seems about right

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol yeah TN Governor mandated stay at home today and the traffic didn't change at all. "Guys this is super serious, only essential jobs are open" *looks at list of essential jobs which is basically a description of every job in the state* cool

here in MS our stay at home order goes into effect in 30 minutes, and this is CHUD central USA so a lot of people are going to either ignore it completely or openly flaunt it to signal which side of the culture war they're on

kater
Nov 16, 2010

MoaM posted:

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1246152862218027014

lmfaooooooo

ahahhaha

:colbert: :colbert: :colbert: :colbert:

---

But seriously, stay at home and wash yr hands folks.

that’s more than ten people and they are all wearing their one per day mask

:colbert:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/1246171265032953856

ah there goes president cuomo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dustcat posted:

you don't have to have kids, you can still dress him up

it's a good quarantine activity for you and your cat

my wife did buy a sewing machine...

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Irradiation posted:

The Virgin Mary
The Chad Pastor

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

MoaM posted:

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1246152862218027014

lmfaooooooo

ahahhaha

:colbert: :colbert: :colbert: :colbert:

---

But seriously, stay at home and wash yr hands folks.

Green scrubs looking feverish.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

D1E posted:

I'm seeing a lot of posts from goons speculating about the incredible revolution that is going to take place in the United States as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some are reasonable, and some are pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking.

I'm reposting what I genuinely believe will be the end outcome of all of this.

Note that other countries will likely see significant (and positive) change - New Zealand for one. But not the ultimate bastion of capitalism.
i'm sorry but you're wrong. capitalism is done for, deadzo, gonezo, get over it. gay space luxury automated communism is coming all on it's own whether you like it or not, we don't need to do a single thing, just kickback and smoke a bowl and passively observe the great coming. people are gunna collect their couch-savings for a tank of gas and drive to 2000 miles bezos mansion and eat him and decapitate trump n kushner and demand we all have worker coops, m4a and ubi. there is no way it wiggles out of this one and only good things can come from it's demise

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Marzzle posted:

u can use an ice bath to cool it faster

Yes, use one of these

then after temp has come down to under 70 degrees within two hours you may refrigerate, and make sure it us below 41 after 4 hours. Remember to use a temp log to record your actions

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

How are these yachts not burning already?

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Extremely normal country

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

So is this the hidden appeal of capitalism? Not only can you occasionally get incredibly rich off the back of others, but you're basically impervious to any consequences.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/rjfoley/status/1246163122718728202

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

hell yeah kim kill your people, that's the way

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

iowa is a land of contrasts, I guess

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

pancake rabbit posted:

this is prob a stupid question but did the thread reach a consensus on whether still ordering takeout from a local joint is good or bad

complications are i don't know anyone who works there so i can't just give them cash and also their food is delicious

Lol how do people still not get it

I mean you're gonna Get It but you know what I mean.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Grapplejack posted:

canada is basically as bad as america, only replace the warmongering with british-empire level resource extraction

I told some Canadian friends that they are one of the top arms exporters in world and they were shocked

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Kim "Killer" Reynolds won't stop until every last Iowan is dead.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
:toot:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1246186536653160448

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Admiral Ray posted:

Kim "Killer" Reynolds won't stop until every last Iowan is dead.

hell same

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

aww yeah this is the logistics issue i was waiting for.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The guidelines they are using for issuing a shelter in place for iowa are that the state has to be as bad as New york before they issue it. It is god damned nuts.

Estimated iowa peak is April 17th

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, cats are weird. My friends had a cat named Spook because

look, that was the story you were told, but there's also the real reason that name gets given to black cats in the south

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Love getting rule lawyered by my bosses.

Just got this from the people claiming this is a democrat hoax and that I should stop whining because i'm under 40 and safe

1.) We do not manufacture anything here. We pay people halfway across the country to do that for us and send it to other people. In the strictest technical sense, in some way, our company does manufacture things that we never see in any form.
2.) We do not have a product that "Treats covid-19." At best we have an allergy medication that claims it treats runny nose and cough.
3.) The work we are actually doing is on acne cream. Dozens of pallets of acne cream.

I guess I can't even report them since we are affiliated with someone, somewhere in the world, who actually does essential work apparently. I just really don't want to die building up a 2 year stockpile of Acne cream we aren't even selling because some middle manager is melting down at his house remotely demanding the peons risk their lives for his bottom line.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I live in Illinois, but it's in the Quad Cities which is this lovely bundle of towns that include a couple in Iowa. Where I live, I can literally see the bridge to Iowa it's like a 5 minute drive.

So when Iowa is being dumb shits about things, it carries over to me and I hate it.

EDIT: ^^^^ I'll probably get exposed not because a manager is afraid of a slightly worse bottom line, but because my ceo likes having someone make his lunch.

Grimdude has issued a correction as of 22:39 on Apr 3, 2020

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the piece of information fauci has somehow not twigged onto despite hanging out with trump and his gang for weeks is that the republicans are trying to destroy the republic

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
a cat named jew

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Crop harvesting is absolutely going to suffer so tend those bean hoards well for a while

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Tunicate posted:

look, that was the story you were told, but there's also the real reason that name gets given to black cats in the south

Maybe the cat was in the CIA. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Who do we have to thank for "divisive" becoming the new "problematic?"

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Cool I'd love to know what information Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds has that Dr fauci doesn't

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Love getting rule lawyered by my bosses.

Just got this from the people claiming this is a democrat hoax and that I should stop whining because i'm under 40 and safe

1.) We do not manufacture anything here. We pay people halfway across the country to do that for us and send it to other people. In the strictest technical sense, in some way, our company does manufacture things that we never see in any form.
2.) We do not have a product that "Treats covid-19." At best we have an allergy medication that claims it treats runny nose and cough.
3.) The work we are actually doing is on acne cream. Dozens of pallets of acne cream.

I guess I can't even report them since we are affiliated with someone, somewhere in the world, who actually does essential work apparently. I just really don't want to die building up a 2 year stockpile of Acne cream we aren't even selling because some middle manager is melting down at his house remotely demanding the peons risk their lives for his bottom line.

might as well make a throwaway email and send it to your local paper. stay safe goon.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Tei posted:

Corona is a cool spanish name, her friends will him/her "Koro". But lol about naming a kid Virus. Viridian would make more sense, I think, his friends can call him/her "Dian"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viridian

#40826D. Viridian

Koro and Dian don't sounds bad. You can go worse.

virus gonzales is an amazing name

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

pancake rabbit posted:

Most of what they do is leave bagged food on the counter away from employee working area. One put a CC machine very far away where you're supposed to pay. A fair bit have tables setup outside at the door so no one has to go inside which seems smart. Some are doing you need to order online first. wash your hands well before you go in, mask if you can, definitely don't cough.

but yeah i mean your risk is that the workers can be sick and you'll get it that way. If you can, reheat your food in a toaster oven/microwave for a reasonable amount of time before you eat it. I don't think I'd get salads or sandwiches per se, but chinese/indian/thai/creole/etc takeout is perfectly fine to reheat, and we've been doing that because I really love a lot of my local places and they're hurting real loving bad. rents are extraordinarily awful here in the bay area as it is and most have furloughed a lot of their staff (waiters, bus boys, etc) and only have kitchen workers. we've gone to as many places as we could to support them and the look of despair overall and yet glad that even one person has come in that day is really heartwrenching. We've been told we were the only one / under five people who got food there and that's loving yikes

a whole lot of places are probably going to permanently close because food service is already poo poo and razor-thin as it is and commercial insurance does not cover "pandemics" because they have an act-of-god exemption lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Cool I'd love to know what information Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds has that Dr fauci doesn't

I feel like they must be being bribed or lobbied by rich people to keep businesses open as long as possible so some rich assholes can get a few more dollars in exchange for 10-20k extra deaths

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

empty whippet box posted:

I feel like they must be being bribed or lobbied by rich people to keep businesses open as long as possible so some rich assholes can get a few more dollars in exchange for 10-20k extra deaths

Orange county did this, they issued a shelter in place order then took it back under pressure from businesses, it took the statewide order to get it done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Farm Frenzy posted:

virus gonzales is an amazing name
Virus Gonzales, CPA