Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

BeefThief posted:

american news media, for the sake of saving the dumbasses' lives, needs to show footage of ecuador and iran and be like, coming soon to a neighborhood near you, packed morgues and bodies burning in the streets

maybe that would start to make a dent enough to make people at least realize this is real and has extreme consequences that nobody in the US has ever considered possible
:patriot:: wow, look at these dirty foreigners dying like idiots. thank god we live in the greatest country on earth, america, where that can never happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

empty whippet box posted:

they're actually the most successful controlled opposition party in the history of controlled opposition parties

[insert The Wire Reaction gif here]

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

Yah, no one in the whitehouse has the brains to put the wheels back onto the capitalist system. Congress can't either because they are also stupid, and their brand is to not agree on anything substantive.

All the action is going to be at the local level. The US will be a patchwork of localities that put in place emergency measures to make life livable, and places that descend into hellscapes.

You can already see lines being drawn were they are halting evictitions and and setting up food distribution, and places that are going to just let people suffer.

This is what has me thinking a military coup is getting more likely in the next decade or so. A patchwork of localities with their own rules is bad for big business and the military, both of which rely on long supply chains and standard procedures across vast distances. They can't operate without a large bureaucratic state to back them. But the bureaucratic state is quickly disintegrating and lacks the ability to repair or perpetuate itself - the Venn diagram of "People capable of effective government" and "People capable of winning elections" is two circles a thousand miles apart. There's a crisis of government legitimacy and a crisis of government effectiveness simultaneous with all the other various crises.

The only organ of government left with sufficient administrative ability, cross-state authority, and public support to resolve these crises is the military.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

ryanrs posted:

Are you sick of eating beans for weeks?

Then gently caress you, beans are life. But also, make quick pickles to accompany your beans. The vinegar, spices, and crunch will really liven up your rice and beans.

Quick pickles

Slice up some vegs. Thick slices for max crunch.
Carrots
Jalapenos
Onion
Garlic, just crush the cloves

Put the sliced vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.

Boil some brine (scale amounts so you have enough to cover vegs, but don't add veg yet).
1 cup water
1 cup vinegar (cider or whatever you got)
1 tbsp salt
Some spices, I suggest black peppercorns, crushed red pepper, coriander, mustard seed, allspice, couple cloves. All spices should be whole, not ground. I recommend going heavy on the coriander. Pickled coriander seeds are great on their own.

Boil the brine and spices for several minutes, then pour the hot brine over the vegetables. This will barely cook the surface of the carrots so they carry more flavor, but still keep their crunch.

Let cool, then store in the fridge. It'll keep for a long time (at least a few weeks). The garlic will turn blue-green. This is a normal chemical reaction to the vinegar, doesn't affect flavor.

If you use mustard seeds and/or bay leaf in your spices, they will keep the veggies crunchy longer, even if the veg is cut smaller.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Philosopher King posted:

oh jesus christ his wife just turned her head to sneeze into her arm but doesnt know the technique and just coated my youngest son while he's sitting at a table eating

You could have not gone to the in laws dipshit

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Philosopher King posted:

the gently caress am I supposed to do here I'm reluctantly invited to my in-laws house after keeping my family safe quarantined and on beans for 5 days straight and their live in adult son and his wife just can't stop going out shopping apparently. They just came in complaining that all the shops they went to made them stay outside.

> sorry, there's a pandemic out there and we're social distancing

> (lie) i think i might have been exposed and i don't want to bring it to you guys

> (attack) gently caress you

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol it’s been obvious for weeks that stay at home orders are effectively nothing and the cdc politicized so it can be used as cover to keep people doing whatever stupid bullshit they are getting eleven bucks to die for

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

aw shi- thread is somewhere between succ zone and HOI time to smoke some of that schwiggity schwag and watch Jim Kramer

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Trip report. Beans are good.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Man Musk posted:

aw shi- thread is somewhere between succ zone and HOI time to smoke some of that schwiggity schwag and watch Jim Kramer

good call

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Zotix posted:

Nice

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Zotix posted:

those look like some good goddamn beans

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zotix posted:

pin-to beans

boil em
mash em

put em in a stew

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

hahahahahahahahahahaha fifty state landslide

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1246195409631969280

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Dustcat posted:

> sorry, there's a pandemic out there and we're social distancing

> (lie) i think i might have been exposed and i don't want to bring it to you guys

> (attack) gently caress you

I'd go with the first one and proceed to the third one if they don't take the first for an answer

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm makin bean flautas tonight

then gettin drunk and watching movies with my sweetie

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/horiyourmeeh/status/1246156633966817280

:pray:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/DorsaAmir/status/1246077693889851392

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

shovelbum posted:

If you glue shut the exhale valve on an N95 that has one, will the filter material be damaged by the 2-way flow or will it be good?

You can probably still find some N95 prefilters at the hardware store. They're semi-ovaloid/trapezoidal and a little bigger than a credit card. They're used in addition to the cartridges for painting etc. Anyway, I bet you could fit one of those over the exhaust valve

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

:pray:

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

my roni symptoms (along with my Wife and mother in law) are abating. chest pains/short breath have gone as has the cough. really want the antibody test to confirm if I'm in the clear.

in the meantime, catte keeps guard...

https://i.imgur.com/E2QZ8wi.mp4

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The only thing that balances Trumps total incompetence out is his complete lack of ideology and absolute willingness to make America a communist wonderland if he thinks it will make people like him

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Philosopher King posted:

the gently caress am I supposed to do here I'm reluctantly invited to my in-laws house after keeping my family safe quarantined and on beans for 5 days straight and their live in adult son and his wife just can't stop going out shopping apparently. They just came in complaining that all the shops they went to made them stay outside.

lol

say no

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

well i mean all the people WITH insurance are still going bankrupt

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
gonna spend my night making baguettes and playing Path of Exile

GGG should've waited to release the Blight league

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

A relative of mine is blaming China and says the Dems must be laughing their asses off.

They implied Sweden is doing a "common sense" strategy.

When I looked it up, Sweden is leaving it up to individual responsibility to contain the virus and has not closed down much business.

Time will tell whether that goes well for Sweden (I doubt it), but lol at the idea of America pulling that off when we've already seen Zoomers getting crunk at the beach in hordes and chuds spitting on an entire grocery store's inventory.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:chaostrump:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This must be the improved secret plan Trump kept on talking about the 2016 GOP primary election?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-plans-to-pay-hospitals-to-treat-uninsured-coronavirus-patients-11585927877

want that big beautiful golden trump-care card.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Apraxin posted:

:patriot:: wow, look at these dirty foreigners dying like idiots. thank god we live in the greatest country on earth, america, where that can never happen!

way more people in chinatown are wearing masks than in the whitey neighborhoods

looks like whitey wants to kill themselves lmao

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
This lady owns

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
that john hopkins map, is there a way to filter the graphs for a particular area?

I want to see how KS's cases are growing but I can only filter to show totals, but not by day

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1156734424526053376?lang=en

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

spacemang_spliff posted:

that john hopkins map, is there a way to filter the graphs for a particular area?

I want to see how KS's cases are growing but I can only filter to show totals, but not by day

try this one

https://covid19graph.work/

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

guys we are only a month in why are you eating your beans you gotta hold off and support the local economy by ordering takeout

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
I'd imagine any kind of plan that Trump is talking about for government subsidized medical service at hospitals is exactly that - talk. Just like the drive-through testing in walmart parking lots and so many other things. He will just say that it is happening over and over (and maybe honestly believe that it is happening?), and it won't actually happen, but enough people will think that it is happening that it doesn't matter so he gets all of the credit without actually doing anything.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rah! posted:

way more people in chinatown are wearing masks than in the whitey neighborhoods

looks like whitey wants to kill themselves lmao

Plus looks like the evidence is mounting that masks might be effective at reducing transmission especially for people who go out in public with mild symptoms.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

poifect!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Democrats will come out against this in the most feckless way possible