Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/PhoenixAEW/status/1245894311335456769?s=20

all Japanese wrestlers look the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

lol Val is such a loving idiot.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I don't know how we surpassed "Squash matches are v. problematic" but Ryan Satin decided to brag about being on TV for a decade and said that the TV show he worked on with Sheriff Joe was a good thing.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1245927685819260928

What an absolute piece of poo poo

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I literally have no idea which DDT wrestler she thinks is like Taichi.

Shunma is maybe my best guess for looking like Hiromu because they both have mid length hair? Even without the weird racial aspect, the constant need to compare everyone to everyone from another company is always dumb.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is she getting ratiod?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

kane dumb yall

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

To be fair, this here lady is making comparisons to three different Japanese wrestlers who look nothing alike.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I literally have no idea which DDT wrestler she thinks is like Taichi.

Shunma is maybe my best guess for looking like Hiromu because they both have mid length hair? Even without the weird racial aspect, the constant need to compare everyone to everyone from another company is always dumb.

So I think "Hiromu" might be Soma Takao and "Taichi" might be Daisuke Sasaki but I could be wrong

It does show how dumb these comparisons are; since what exactly is similar between Taichi and Sasaki

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I honestly cant tell the difference between Akai and Saki-sama :shrug:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I honestly cant tell the difference between Akai and Saki-sama :shrug:

they're completely different! One is from Japan and one is a French aristocrat.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

kane dumb yall

His issue is that people's movements are being monitored via their cellphones to see if the stay at home order is being abided by. He doesn't disagree with the stay at home order itself

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

kane dumb yall

A libertarian is an idiot? I don't believe it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Crapple! posted:

His issue is that people's movements are being monitored via their cellphones to see if the stay at home order is being abided by. He doesn't disagree with the stay at home order itself

It's still stupid because he's completely misrepresented what is happening. The government isn't monitoring people to enforce a shutdown, it asked a company that collects anonymized location data to make maps to get an idea of movement patterns during the pandemic so they could make decisions on policy. This data was being collected regardless, and his own belief system is entirely fine with private companies collecting and selling this data. It's an objectively good use of data collected by amoral/questionable means, his only issue is The Government is doing it.

He also said he's against the government "mandating what we're allowed to do" so he basically does disagree with anything except asking people nicely.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 3, 2020

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
whats with all these rinky-dink mayors popping off about stuff as if anybody should care what they think.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Imagine thinking anyone could compare to the Holy Emperor :thunkher:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Val Venis self describing as an anarchist is the most offensive thing I've read all day

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Val Venis self describing as an anarchist is the most offensive thing I've read all day

anarcho-capitalists, aka the Paedophile Normalisation Front

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Reddit user Randompaul13 on Cornette hating the Bucks and Omega posted:

How is Chikara these days?

What's RoH look like?

NJPW certainly isnt better off without them.

Corny might have a point. They kill every promotion they touch, they get themselves over at the expense of the product. It's like the years in wwe after post-DX all over again but on the indy scene

How do you expect anyone new to get over when they just mocked the business? They've created this niche wrestling where it's silly and goofy that can only last so long.

Wait 5 years and see if Cornette was incorrect.

And Again posted:

That's the problem. You dont see the issue with them as the product, Jim does

It's the same issue as naming themselves the Young Bucks, when one of them is balding. What are they gonna be when they are Takers age, are they still gonna be the focus of ALL ELITE wrestling? It's so short minded is his point, regardless of current profit

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

quote:

NJPW certainly isnt better off without them.

disagree

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

It's the same issue as naming themselves the Young Bucks, when one of them is balding. What are they gonna be when they are Takers age, are they still gonna be the focus of ALL ELITE wrestling? It's so short minded is his point, regardless of current profit

Certainly no precedence for this as I see the dad-bodded Kid Kash on TNA this week or The Heartbreak Kid ever.

Also "Bucks kill every company they touch but AEW will still be a thing 30 years from now"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
*ROH draws record gates with the Elite on top*

*ROH business collapses when the Elite leaves*

Clearly the Elite are the problem here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah it would be funny to see some examples of important and useful wrestlers who made promotions better because they left the promotion.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cavauro posted:

yeah it would be funny to see some examples of important and useful wrestlers who made promotions better because they left the promotion.

Without the important or useful qualification, I think there are probably examples of people whose attitude was so bad they improved locker room morale when they left. Your Low-Ki's and possibly Tessa Blanchards of the world.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm sorry, I just think it's so selfish of these wrestlers to become popular by wrestling exciting matches and then creating a national promotion off the back of that. When will they think of the poor souls at Sinclair and Bushiroad?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Certainly no precedence for this as I see the dad-bodded Kid Kash on TNA this week or The Heartbreak Kid ever.

Very smart reddit user Randompaul13 has an answer to this rebuttal posted:

Those are gimmicks as opposed to characters

Y2J is still Jericho despite being 20 years ago.

Also comparing the Bucks to HBK, Ric Flair, and even Jericho is hilarious. Common folk recognize those names. Nobody knows Nick Jackson outside of wrestling smarks. When they see The "young Bucks" for the first time on TNT, and see a balding dad, it's like wtf

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

... come on, this is a gimmick, right?

Yes. The entire Libertarian party is a gimmick. You should see their conventions and debates. Its amazing sports entertainment.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Cavauro posted:

Kenneth Omega is a perfect example

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Cavauro posted:

this is only hypothetical, but i think if tenryu doesn't leave all japan in 1990, it would at least delay the ascendance of misawa and the rest of the pillars

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i expected njpw-elite haters to say kenny omega sucked

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I don't get what that first Reddit post is saying about RoH, Chikara, and NJPW. But I also don't go to Reddit so my brain hasn't quite smoothed over enough to fully grasp their point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don’t get the Chikara thing either since Chikara only exists for Chikara fans. It was never meant or intended to be a promotion of national significance.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Bucks also weren’t really chikara guys

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the implication is that the Bucks left those companies worse off than when they arrived. But like that's obviously not true for NJPW. And I don't think they were ever really a big part of Chikara. And even with ROH where you can make the case ROH is worse off since the left and their leaving had a part of it... the problem was them leaving (of part of the problem), not them doing damage and then bolting. So... yeah, it makes no sense.

Its just people saying "lets ignore any evidence of success in the present or near future that would discredit Cornette's arguments and instead reserve judgement for a distant point in the future where if Cornette's arguments still haven't born out we'll move the goalposts again."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The Bucks also weren’t really chikara guys

Not trained in house but they're former tag champs and 2 time KOT finalists

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chikara also reliably let them use Mmmbop as their entrance music.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

libertarians are just republicans who want to smoke weed and be open about their pedophilia

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

njsykora posted:

Chikara also reliably let them use Mmmbop as their entrance music.

They used to in PWG before they joined Bullet Club

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not trained in house but they're former tag champs and 2 time KOT finalists

Sure but they’re not some cornerstone like they were at PWG. It’s not like they’re Hallowicked or Quack or something

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

libertarians are just republicans who want to smoke weed and be open about their pedophilia

Also pol sci majors who've got half a semester of Politics 100 under their belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Also pol sci majors who've got half a semester of Politics 100 under their belt.

For a second I thought you were talking about the Bucks