Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
He's just riffing, but better than Joe Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

It is really funny though that Trump is so easy to manipulate that Democrats could just tell him what a big strong boy he is and has he lost weight? And get every single progressive priority passed but you know controlled opposition.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lol why cant this idiot make coffee at home

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Flesh Forge posted:

they're saying really emphatically this is strictly for COVID treatment, if you just have like, pneumonia or cancer go crawl under your house and die please

this would dovetail nicely into the narrative of people dieing WITH covid rather than FROM covid

you cant get treated unless you are suffering from covid. if you are having problems and also happen to have covid, you may just be having problems with covid rather than from it. who knows, maybe even that difficultly breathing you are having is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the covid19 coursing through your veins! that would be a fun thing to try to disprove.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

"the supply chains and grocery stores are fine!" is going to be next week's "you don't need masks!"

holy moly, stock the gently caress up on food folks

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

He's just riffing, but better than Joe Biden

garfield tossing bowl

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
just sitting lmao'ing that the Dems didn't demand free healthcare at the start of the crisis and got outmaneuvered by Trump

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

power word- Jeb! posted:

Dude has the same canned lovely response to each reply

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

power word- Jeb! posted:

Because that wouldn't taste as nice as *squints* gas station coffee

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

is trump actually actually doing m4a for covid or is this someone quoting him riffing at a press conferenec and someone will issue a statement tomorrow saying that thats not what he meant
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-plans-to-pay-hospitals-to-treat-uninsured-coronavirus-patients-11585927877

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
My little kitty:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

they're saying really emphatically this is strictly for COVID treatment, if you just have like, pneumonia or cancer go crawl under your house and die please

cant wait for cash-strapped hospitals to stop testing covid people so they can bankrupt them lol

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Skypie posted:

just sitting lmao'ing that the Dems didn't demand free healthcare at the start of the crisis and got outmaneuvered by Trump

Going to be even funnier when they find any way to make this only about people who are victims of the Coronavirus and then still try and wiggle their way out of paying for even that.

Its not happening

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Fallows posted:

My little kitty:

Catte like sun

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

they're full of poo poo btw

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Fallows posted:

My little kitty:

Nothing is more comfortable than a cat.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

KaptainKrunk posted:

cant wait for cash-strapped hospitals to stop testing covid people so they can bankrupt them lol

it's exactly what's happening. testing has gone down in washington state. they just don't have tests and won't give the few they have

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
yo we postin cats again?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol so trump thinks NY has 'enough' ventilators and we'll 'see what happens'. Awesome, fuckin around and finding out!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

yo we postin cats again?

the littlest carriers lmao

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
gat drat people, cats can get the roni and you don't see the whole dang cat economy shutting down, now do you??

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

my alcoholic chud uncle, who is perfectly nestled within the highest risk categories, has spent all day complaining on Facebook about people staying at home and killing the local businesses

he so badly wants to go to his bar and get drunk tomorrow for 10 hours

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

gat drat people, cats can get the roni and you don't see the whole dang cat economy shutting down, now do you??

With the amount of cats in the states that are indoor/outdoor cats to multiple families, and white ppl putting their pets in their faces, its gonna have to

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i wonder if purrs aerosol the virus droplets into the air

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Solarin posted:

they're full of poo poo btw

Why are you hating on the cats :ohdear:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

thanks for the paywalled wall street journal article that fades into mist just at the point that would actualyl answer my question

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

mod sassinator posted:

Cats already sleep 20 hours a day so quarantine makes no difference.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
we don't let our cats go outside, unless they're just hanging out on the balcony with us or something.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Zyme posted:

this would dovetail nicely into the narrative of people dieing WITH covid rather than FROM covid

you cant get treated unless you are suffering from covid. if you are having problems and also happen to have covid, you may just be having problems with covid rather than from it. who knows, maybe even that difficultly breathing you are having is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the covid19 coursing through your veins! that would be a fun thing to try to disprove.

yeah it would fall apart almost immediately because right wingers would circulate CORONAVIRUS MEDICAL FRAUD poo poo and sabotage it, even if they really implemented it which they definitely won't be doing

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

power word- Jeb! posted:

even if you can't make coffee, why not just like bring a big thermos or pitcher and make a deal with the attendant? why bother with like 18 individual cups?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

oh are we catposting again

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

thanks for the paywalled wall street journal article that fades into mist just at the point that would actualyl answer my question

working hard, thank you!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2020/04/coronavirus-update-dc-maryland-virginia-april-3/

quote:

DC models estimate up to 93,000 infections; more than 1,000 deaths

D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser said the District is preparing for up to 93,000 people to be infected with the coronavirus throughout the course of the pandemic and that the number of people who are hospitalized with serious illness won’t peak until the summer. That figure is based on a model of infections that District planners are using.

See the District’s modeling here

The number of estimated infections is cumulative and most people infected with COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, are expected to recover, Bowser said.

However, under the most “severe” estimates, more than 1,000 District residents could die, Bowser said. A “mild” number of deaths is 225 and a “moderate” number is 440.

The population the District is about 706,000.

The CHIME model, which D.C. is using to project coronavirus infections, predicts the peak in hospitalizations won’t come until late June or early July, Bowser said.

Bowser said another model the District had looked at — known as IMHE — may overestimate the benefits of social distancing.

Regarding the total number of COVID-19 infections, Bowser said: “This is a tough number to have to report but we think that we’d rather be on the side of underestimating the impacts of social distancing than presenting too rosy a picture.”

The CHIME model makes projections based on total infections and assumes some random mixing of infected people.

The models are only projections, officials said. Bowser said the District has chosen the model with which it can most comfortably prepare for the needs of the city’s residents. Bowser said she was more comfortable choosing a model that assumes people do not follow all of the government’s suggestions for social distancing perfectly.

About the model, Bowser said, “We pray it is wrong.”

this seems bad?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
When you go to the hospital for the roni, just make sure to look for the "we accept stimulus money for treatment" sticker!

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

D1E posted:

I'm seeing a lot of posts from goons speculating about the incredible revolution that is going to take place in the United States as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some are reasonable, and some are pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking.

I'm reposting what I genuinely believe will be the end outcome of all of this.

Note that other countries will likely see significant (and positive) change - New Zealand for one. But not the ultimate bastion of capitalism.

Thanks for your doom prediction/political defense mechanism, I believe we've had about a thousand pages of similar drivel so you'll fit in nicely

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fellatio del Toro posted:

oh are we catposting again

heres pandora

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
+1 unemployed goon. Fired by email. Thankfully the termination letter starts with "Because of ongoing COVID-19 pandemic" so I think I'll qualify for enhanced unemployment unless my lovely red state can find a way to gently caress me out of it.

It's weird, but I'm not even really that upset. On the scale of bad news that can come in this is relatively tame. Guess I'll just count my blessings and living relatives.

29 DAYS UNTIL THE MORTGAGE IS DUE

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zyme posted:

I'd imagine any kind of plan that Trump is talking about for government subsidized medical service at hospitals is exactly that - talk. Just like the drive-through testing in walmart parking lots and so many other things. He will just say that it is happening over and over (and maybe honestly believe that it is happening?), and it won't actually happen, but enough people will think that it is happening that it doesn't matter so he gets all of the credit without actually doing anything.

It's actually the most likely to happen because he doesn't have to do anything, and the state doesn't have to do anything, hospitals just bill the government

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

It seems like a total low-ball by a factor of maybe 25x. The mortality rate they picked was about 1%, and the total infected is 10%? And that's their worst case scenario?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/1246158025725018113