Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

droll posted:

Y'all getting triggered is funnier than his doucebag tatts

lmao got em, right?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

howe_sam posted:

They talked about that in their Q&A at the 92nd Street Y, and I think the ones who haven't are Delaney, Gabby, and Priya, but I might be confusing that with the list of who didn't go to culinary school.

You're right! I am fairly certain that Molly didn't go to culinary school but worked in restaurants, and Brad did go to culinary school and never worked a line. I don't remember any of the rest. Pretty sure Claire never worked in a restaurant, she was going to work in museums (?) and had a job at the 9/11 museum for a while but decided to go into cooking.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760?s=20

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

Who could possibly care the dude re-creates magical sandwiches from Harry Potter movies on the internet or whatever

I am pretty sure not everyone from BA has worked a line as well.

well to be fair he also has a series where he 'teaches' people to cook by wholesale ripping recipes from seriouseats and food wishes

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

You're right! I am fairly certain that Molly didn't go to culinary school but worked in restaurants, and Brad did go to culinary school and never worked a line. I don't remember any of the rest. Pretty sure Claire never worked in a restaurant, she was going to work in museums (?) and had a job at the 9/11 museum for a while but decided to go into cooking.

Claire worked at shake shake or something right? EDIT i'm thinking of Carla

Eccles
Feb 6, 2010
BA video concept proposal: Claire spending 20 minutes or so in the test kitchen doing whatever she wants.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

droll posted:

Majority of people reading this thread read 'stage' and pronounced it in their head like a broadway theater stage. This group overlaps with the ones defending some rich youtuber theyve never met when another stranger makes fun of his douche tatts.

This is the weakest attempt at elitism that I have seen lately.

I encourage the rest of you to use this as an object lesson in how not to post.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

Claire worked at shake shake or something right? EDIT i'm thinking of Carla

That's Carla for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpnshdmtE2Y

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Eat This Glob posted:

Claire did an episode of "it's alive" and she is in heaven. It is delightful seeing her get the honzi graphics. I'm phone posting so I cant embed it easily, but it is worth a watch.

i love her griping about Gourmet Makes, her talking about how in her series they'd tell her to get her mug out of the shot was kinda funny but also shows exactly how success eventually gets kinda boring because they make you do the same thing over and over again without any sort of interesting changes.

also her with the baby was pretty adorable

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Hoo boy the latter half of that last page.

Elitism about cooking is so loving dumb; it's one of the universal parts of the human experience.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 4, 2020

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Three things I loved about the It’s Alive with Claire:

1. Hunzi went absolutely bonkers with the editing

2. NY has adopted the Rusty Venture Speedsuit like of fashion

3. We’re getting a Gourmet Makes of choco tacos.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I love that It's Alive is still awesome without Brad hosting.

quote:

Join Claire as she befriends a baby, pulls off a heist on Brad’s secret freezer, and has the time of her life hosting the greatest show on earth! [Editor’s note: Hunzi wrote this description]

Yeah, we noticed, editor.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm not a chef either but I greatly enjoyed the one YouTube video with the three Italian chefs watching the most popular carbonara vids on YT and groaning at Babish's

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnZ_70XyVAk

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 4, 2020

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

I'm not a chef either but I greatly enjoyed the one YouTube video with the three Italian chefs watching the most popular carbonara vids on YT and groaning at Babish's

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnZ_70XyVAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoHnwOHLiMk

He made a response video with a more authentic (I assume) version.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Speaking of food elitism, is anyone worse than fuckin' Italians? It's just pasta! Carbonara especially is such a weird dish to get prescriptivist about. It's a bacon egg and cheese sandwich but with spaghetti instead of bread. It's like getting mad that someone makes Kraft mac and cheese differently than you do.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
no no no you can't add more or different ingredients or the gods will smite you

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

well do you put peas in your bacon egg and cheese sandwich?

/e -

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

well do you put peas in your bacon egg and cheese sandwich?

/e -

Only if the cheese is melty enough to hold the peas in place.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you're talking about the most recent coffee video, Sohla is, once again, the best thing about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yssNu8Eynb8

Everything about Claire's coffee making is so relaxed and IDGAF who is this woman in this video? And then the wildcard coffee soda from Molly... and then Sohla makes some kind of liquid tiramisu.

Brad doing gourmet makes and not being able to sit still/shut up long enough to let Claire get a word in later is hilarious. He really is the most lovable pupper.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

prayer group posted:

It's like getting mad that someone makes Kraft mac and cheese differently than you do.

I reserve the right to judge someone for mixing the cheese powder with the milk in the pot with the pasta rather than separately and then adding the cheese mixture to the pasta once it's properly mixed. gently caress powder chunks in my pasta.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

prayer group posted:

Speaking of food elitism, is anyone worse than fuckin' Italians?

The French are probably up there too.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The Japanese swung by to say hi

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

lets not pretend that there aren't many many americans who have knockdown dragouts about whether beans belong in chili

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

to bean, or not to bean, that is the question

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

I mean I have no strong opinion either way but apparently that's uncommon.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

One of y’all is thinking memphis style BBQ is best, and that one of you is wrong

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

prayer group posted:

Speaking of food elitism, is anyone worse than fuckin' Italians?

Trabant posted:

The French are probably up there too.

AnonSpore posted:

The Japanese swung by to say hi

I see 3 of the best food cultures on earth right here.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Well to get to the heart of it, then, it seems that cultures that are really picky about their food traditions end up with food traditions that are particularly well-respected. What a stunning insight.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Democratic Pirate posted:

One of y’all is thinking memphis style BBQ is best, and that one of you is wrong

Caroline whole hog barbecue is the best and I'll stab any motherfucker that tries to tell me otherwise.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

kittenmittons posted:

I see 3 of the best food cultures on earth right here.

Add in the Chinese as well.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Suppose you're here to stan for KC style, where if you slap enough sauce on a turd nobody can tell if it's good or not?

:v:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Suppose you're here to stan for KC style, where if you slap enough sauce on a turd nobody can tell if it's good or not?

:v:

If you need sauce for your Texas brisket then you hosed up :nono:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stringent posted:

Add in the Chinese as well.

And Louisiana. :colbert:

Honestly, the five we’ve got there are my favourite food groups.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

I agree... but sauce is nice on it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

I have this opinion for all BBQ that I eat. I'm from KC and love KC BBQ but prefer the meat to stand on its own with maybe just a little sauce for flavor.

I miss good burnt ends :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Holy poo poo, I'm doing keto right now to lose some weight, and I didn't even consider getting some bbq meats for dinner. Good job reminding me!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

A Texan would murder me, but I like a vinegar sauce to dip my smoky brisket in. Fat, smoke, tartness is a nice combo to me

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

We can all get along and enjoy all food.

Except lutefisk. And whatever that decaying shark crap is.

Edit:

Noted piece of poo poo douche bag pretender Babish put out a brisket video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TutmnWa6dVo

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 8, 2020

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

A Texan would murder me, but I like a vinegar sauce to dip my smoky brisket in. Fat, smoke, tartness is a nice combo to me

My preferred brisket dish is actually the brisket taco. Smokey brisket, salsa, maybe some guac or avocado slices, toasted flour tortilla. Can Should be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

We can all get along and enjoy all food.

Except lutefisk. And whatever that decaying shark crap is.

Lutefisk is fine