Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I can't use a fish tank as a counter in my kitchen because I feel strongly that that makes me look like a lunatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

prepuce repurposed posted:

I've got Flick and Celeste is also in my town for a meteor shower. Ankha moved into the new house on the mountaintop if you want to meet her. Also my tailors are selling a gas mask. All are welcome.

Thanks for the trip to weed-town, I loved the stall and got some sweet clothes

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Stux posted:

i mean its pretty consistent, the older games you had a single day for stuff like bunny day and you probably werent getting much if you were playing casually. if i dont get anything from seasonal stuff ill just get it next year or ask a friend if theyll make me one? i dunno maybe its just me

Even though I quit WoW eventually, I still show signs of MMO brain poisoning. It's lead fumes for millennials.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Tarnop posted:

Thanks for the trip to weed-town, I loved the stall and got some sweet clothes

:cheers: :420: :2bong:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Look at this shirt. I assume a lot of the early game stuff is railroaded and probably all of you have this already but seriously I’ve never loved an animal crossing shirt this much. This game whips rear end

Hell yeah, the Bonjour shirt owns. I change my clothes too often so I gave mine to Hopkins :3:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Walrus Pete posted:

Hell yeah, the Bonjour shirt owns. I change my clothes too often so I gave mine to Hopkins :3:

I gave mine to Boone! He wears it all the time :3:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Look at this shirt. I assume a lot of the early game stuff is railroaded and probably all of you have this already but seriously I’ve never loved an animal crossing shirt this much. This game whips rear end

I think it's hilarious that it's in cursive because I was also wearing a similar shirt during the early game....

except mine said HELLO in all-caps and it's still one of my favorite shirts :pram:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Blockhead posted:

Turnips at 377. Come on over. I set the limit to 4 people so hopefully it won't be a mess. Not too much else going on other than the turnips price. Ables have pretty flowers kimonos moustache, Kung Fu tee, flashy hair pins and gothic headdress. My house is done up some but the rest of the island is not, still saving up for some more bridges and an incline.

If anyone has an extra cherry blossom bonsai or the recipe I can provide the petals, I would absolutely love one. Really any plant would be cool if you have extra. I love AC plants.

I'll keep it open for about 2 hours.
https://turnip.exchange/island/c3e74209

Do you still need a Bonsai. I can make one for you.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Does anyone know what the actual swing sounding KK song is, because it is not KK Swing which is more lounge sounding. One of my villagers plays it on their radio constantly and I want it. It's an up-tempo 5 bar blues sounding thing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
also this game just got incredibly real in the middle of the night and I can't believe I ever doubted O'Hare

me too, O'Hare.... me too buddy :unsmith:

Blockhead
Jun 6, 2003

turtle power

Policenaut posted:

Do you still need a Bonsai. I can make one for you.

That would be awesome!

Blockhead fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 4, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kiwillian posted:

Does anyone know what the actual swing sounding KK song is, because it is not KK Swing which is more lounge sounding. One of my villagers plays it on their radio constantly and I want it. It's an up-tempo 5 bar blues sounding thing.

You can click on the radio and it'll tell you the song that's playing

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:neckbeard: I invited a cranky bull named Vic to my island today and he's great and I want him to be my best friend.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Hygiene posted:

I kinda wish you could offset the hourly music timing. The ones I've heard are great, but they're pretty biased towards the same handful of hours and there are some I'll probably never hear in-game.

3AM or bust. I can't stand the 2AM theme, it makes me lonely and kicks me in the feels. Then when 3AM hits everything becomes ludicrous.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Poque posted:

You can click on the radio and it'll tell you the song that's playing

Thanks! (It was KK Rockabilly)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Hey everybody I'm at 482 per turnip

Also Sahara has pyramid tile and dungeon wall

Please drop a few turnips by my house or just bells

turnip.exchange d9c20d4f

https://turnip.exchange/island/d9c20d4f

Still open for a while. I'm just fishing and have enough battery to leave the gate open

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Your Computer posted:

also this game just got incredibly real in the middle of the night and I can't believe I ever doubted O'Hare

This rules. Ohare was probably my second favorite villager I ever had in New Leaf, he’s got a great look and even better personality. Glad I’m not the only one who likes him a ton!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
There’s a shoe dealer in my town square guys come get your kicks

0BJ80

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Old dog Chief enlisted me and Bangle to find "that goon stomping around at night."

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Your Computer posted:

are you dressed as ela from rainbow 6?

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

There’s a shoe dealer in my town square guys come get your kicks

0BJ80

Your code isn’t working for me. Did you already close the gate?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How the hell is it possible to have too many trees? It's not the tree's fault the animals on my island get lost with in them.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Celeste showed up when it got dark tonight and said there would be a meteor shower... but it hasn’t happened yet. None of my villagers have talked about it and Isabelle didn’t announce it this morning, which apparently is supposed to happen. Should I assume it’s not actually going to happen? I’m not gonna stay up much later, I have somewhere to be early in the morning. This sucks.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Electric Phantasm posted:

How the hell is it possible to have too many trees? It's not the tree's fault the animals on my island get lost with in them.

hey buddy it's animal crossing not animal forest

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1246093914014134274?s=21

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Policenaut posted:

Old dog Chief enlisted me and Bangle to find "that goon stomping around at night."

Was it...a raccoon goon? :ohdear:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

hey buddy it's animal crossing not animal forest

b....but

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Roughly how long until I get paths? Just built the campsite and bought the available land plots.

Are there in game real paths that aren’t QR code’s? Most of those look pretty bad. I’ve got lots of fences up to structure the neighborhood but really want some gat drat dirt paths

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dekkar Ile is shut down for the night

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

causticBeet posted:

Roughly how long until I get paths? Just built the campsite and bought the available land plots.

Are there in game real paths that aren’t QR code’s? Most of those look pretty bad. I’ve got lots of fences up to structure the neighborhood but really want some gat drat dirt paths

I would say about 4 days. Make sure you bought up to 8 land plots cause I don't think it's possible to get a 3 star rating until you have 8 villagers. After you hit 3 stars the next day you'll get the app and yeah there's in game paths you can use, but you'll only have access to dirt, the other ones cost 2000 Nook Miles.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dang I think I'm so close to three stars I just need more flowers and the twenty or so I just shoved into the ground wont bloom for a couple days.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So what nickname did your villagers give you? Everyone's calling me rambler.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I've been stuck at 2 stars for days now. All that's ever said is "more furniture!!" And I keep piling it on to no avail. Please give me terraforming so I can give up pretending to decorate and let me landscape. :negative:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Policenaut posted:

Dang I think I'm so close to three stars I just need more flowers and the twenty or so I just shoved into the ground wont bloom for a couple days.

Go to a mystery island and just dig up the entire flower plants and put them on your island. Problem solved.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kalsco posted:

I've been stuck at 2 stars for days now. All that's ever said is "more furniture!!" And I keep piling it on to no avail. Please give me terraforming so I can give up pretending to decorate and let me landscape. :negative:

It has to be spread out all over the island. If you look at the map, your island is broken up into sections. Make sure there’s at least one piece in each section. That’s what I did and it worked.

Edit: I think it has to be a mix of crafted and bought furniture, also.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Republicans posted:

Villain. One of the ones that just doesn't even make sense. Triggering wistful memories of New Leaf with everyone calling me beefcake :sigh:

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
spent some time earlier trying to catch char fish but I can't seem to nab one. do they spawn in the clifftop river or pond?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

DuhSal posted:

spent some time earlier trying to catch char fish but I can't seem to nab one. do they spawn in the clifftop river or pond?

Cliff top river. 3rd AND 2nd layer, iirc

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Republicans posted:

Rosebud for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Is there more “story”/island progression after unlocking the island designer app?