Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah and I'm not going to follow a mobile game thread so thants! :tipshat: (I was a bit disappointed by the Tomb Raider game I got thanks to this thread because it has god drat load times which is pretty unforgivable for a game where the levels take like ten seconds to play.)
It's waaaay worse on the Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skwirl posted:

Cat Quest is free on Android and iOS, I know there was some debate about phone games being here, but I think that's silly, it's not a gatcha and it's also a console port, just those versions aren't currently free.

I see it at 4.99, I guess I already missed this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thegentlebros.catquest&hl=en_US

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Got it just a few hours earlier, so maybe? Might be regions too.

I checked mine but it just says INSTALLED now so I can't check myself, sorry

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Rayman Legends is free on Uplay

https://register.ubisoft.com/rayman-legends

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Huh, weird. I nabbed it this morning and then it said the same would last another 3 days, but now it says €5.49. Maybe they had a limit to the amount of copies to be handed out.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The just-released Totally Reliable Delivery Service is free on EGS for its first week

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That looks like a great Overcooked style coop. Thanks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I thought I owned it already because they gave it away before, but that was Rayman Origins. Good thing I double-checked, crisis avoided!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I played of that delivery game solo for a bit. It's ok. The vehicles are kind of fun to mess with, but I quickly lost interest. It's one of those "it controls like poo poo, but that's the style *nudge nudge*" type games that just end up being frustrating when you're trying to beat a clock. I can see why they went for the cash out option of it being free on EGS.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

https://www.bigfishgames.com/promotions/playaparttogether?channel=linkshare&identifier=lw9MynSeamY&siteID=lw9MynSeamY-swhJaiAm_M2qWnnWBxi0fw

They've got a lot of hidden object-type puzzle games up for free.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Thanks El Fideo. Took me a moment to work out you need to uncheck the free trial in order to turn off all the billing details, but worked fine. I mean, you need the Big Fish installer but that's ok.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

This stuck a second copy of the game on my Uplay launcher. The first one was from when I bought the game on Steam, and it opens Steam when I try to install it, and the new one will just install through Uplay. What the gently caress, Uplay?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

A good poster posted:

This stuck a second copy of the game on my Uplay launcher. The first one was from when I bought the game on Steam, and it opens Steam when I try to install it, and the new one will just install through Uplay. What the gently caress, Uplay?

you own two copies of the game now and one of them requires steam's drm, that's all. steam's resisted fixing this for a long while now and it probably won't happen ever

if you right click on the copy you don't care about in uplay you can hide it

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Bottom Liner posted:

That looks like a great Overcooked style coop. Thanks.

I gave it a try solo tonight and while I like the concept a lot, I feel like the controls are so much worse and more infuriating than Human Fall Flat. Misery loves company though so I imagine it's better co-op. Kudos to them though because it's what finally got me to install the Epic games launcher.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Drawful 2 and Gone Home and Hob are free on EGS this week

Next week will be Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Pinball FX3 and the following tables are free until April 8th:

- Pinball FX3 - Star Wars Pinball
- Pinball FX3 - Aliens vs. Pinball
- Pinball FX3 - Marvel Pinball: Heavy Hitters

I have no idea how good any of those are.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I've been considering buying a pinball game but reviews always seemed to be all over the place. That's good news!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Samuringa posted:

I can't speak to those specific tables yet, but Pinball FX3 is currently one of the kings of simulated pinball tables on steam - between it and Zaccaria Pinball you've got the best pinballing in town. Look at the Williams tables on Pinball FX3 for absolute top-tier stuff. I believe they have at least one free Williams table available permanently, the fishing one? Give it a go!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

I've been considering buying a pinball game but reviews always seemed to be all over the place. That's good news!!

Don’t judge it based on the Civil War table in the Heavy Hitters pack. That’s one of the hardest tables I played for Pinball FX. I could get hundreds of millions if not billions on most other tables, and put up a fair few top-100 worldwide scores, but could never get more than about 25 million on it. It’s not even fun difficult, it just has a bunch of gameplay elements that go “lol, gently caress you” and make your ball go straight down the middle or boot you out of a mode.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I know a lot of people who really dislike Pinball FX up against stuff like Pinball Arcade, and some people just dislike it on principle after they took the Williams licenses from that game. It's always been my preferred one though.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Since we are talking about pinball, I have the vague memory of a mission based/rpg pinball game for the PS2. It has been driving me nuts for years. I know it's not Odama, although that game is sweet.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Pinball Arcade just feels better but Pinball FX is just fine. Those are some good tables and I believe they actually have some other free starter tables. Paranormal was free on XBox Live years ago and to date it's one of my favorite tables, real or otherwise.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Symmetry is free for the next 48 hours or so over at GOG.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Zushio posted:

Since we are talking about pinball, I have the vague memory of a mission based/rpg pinball game for the PS2. It has been driving me nuts for years. I know it's not Odama, although that game is sweet.

I know exactly the game you're talking about… but I don't remember the name either. Maybe the pinheads in the pinball thread know.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Samuringa posted:

Anyone can help me with how to unlock them? I don't understand the instructions at all :O

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Artelier posted:

Anyone can help me with how to unlock them? I don't understand the instructions at all :O

If you look at the Pinball FX3 page, there’ll be a free “Care Package” bundle that includes the base game and those three DLC! Clicking the “Install” button will permanently activate them on your account.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Stickman posted:

If you look at the Pinball FX3 page, there’ll be a free “Care Package” bundle that includes the base game and those three DLC! Clicking the “Install” button will permanently activate them on your account.
Should note, for some the install button only appears on the DLC pages, not the main page. So you have to click package info then one of the 3 dlc the click the install button beside package info on the dlc. You should only have to do this once, though.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
There are some discussions on Steam where people describe how they managed to get them installed, so it's worth a look there if it's still being a poo poo.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/442120/discussions/0/2140840224663799809/

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Molten Llama posted:

I know exactly the game you're talking about… but I don't remember the name either. Maybe the pinheads in the pinball thread know.

Thanks! I didn't even know we had one of those.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Gromit posted:

There are some discussions on Steam where people describe how they managed to get them installed, so it's worth a look there if it's still being a poo poo.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/442120/discussions/0/2140840224663799809/

Thanks! This helped and I have all the tables now :)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

njsykora posted:

I know a lot of people who really dislike Pinball FX up against stuff like Pinball Arcade, and some people just dislike it on principle after they took the Williams licenses from that game. It's always been my preferred one though.

I was a PA diehard and I can report that FX massively improved their physics around when Pinball Arcade went under and they picked up those licenses. I'm not going to say they feel as good as PA's but I used to HATE playing the FX games because the ball moved nothing like a real-life pinball, and now I don't mind it at all.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

As someone who has never played any pinball simulator, except years ago when I tried that open source one, FX3 surprised me with its level of realism. It feels a lot closer to a real table compared to most video game pinballs.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

As someone who has never played any pinball simulator, except years ago when I tried that open source one, FX3 surprised me with its level of realism. It feels a lot closer to a real table compared to most video game pinballs.

Yeah, the one for Aliens has that super true-to-real-tables "dodge debris in a hallway" mode.

i kid, i kid, assume the ones based on RL tables stay grounded.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

FFT posted:

Yeah, the one for Aliens has that super true-to-real-tables "dodge debris in a hallway" mode.

i kid, i kid, assume the ones based on RL tables stay grounded.

Not Medieval Madness! It has a ramp! :pseudo:

Actually a pretty good video comparing the physics and settings like we were just talking about.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not Medieval Madness! It has a ramp! :pseudo:

Actually a pretty good video comparing the physics and settings like we were just talking about.

DAMSEL MADNESS IS LIT is oddly prescient

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Regions of Ruin is free on Steam for a couple more days.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

The Kins posted:

this game is lit as gently caress and i highly recommend it

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Oh nice. Just last week i was a hair away from buying that.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

The Kins posted:

Game is cool, but I visited a library and there was a Gandalf in there who executed all my followers with fireballs, what the hell!?

I don't think I attacked him, I just read a book. Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Stick Insect posted:

This thread is for sharing links to where you can get a game for free.

People are posting free keys in this GBS thread.

It's like bargain hunting / dumpster diving. But with Steam keys.

Lots of keys still unclaimed. And a lot of them are for good games.