Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gonzo McFee posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about you dumb boy?

The reaction I've got has allowed me to feel like there is a clean break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Barry Foster posted:

We're a true leftist movement, not a true labour movement

Anyone loyal to a party because they're loyal to a party doesn't have principles, they have a football team

The labour party no longer represents my views, and actively works against them. They are our enemy. Why the gently caress would we still support them?

Starmer and the rest of them at least realise that you don't win by being nice, you win by shanking those who opposed you. Corbynism's biggest mistake was applying 'kinder, gentler politics' to politicians, when it should have been reserved solely for the vulnerable of society

we took the moral highground and it hosed us

I’m a true Scotsman though

No honestly

It’s me

The true Scotsman

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

The reaction I've got has allowed me to feel like there is a clean break.

Yeah you've shown yourself up and rather than reflect for half a second you've decided to flounce out without actually doing the "Out" part.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

https://twitter.com/HannahAlOthman/status/1246395994675335169

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gasmask posted:

I’m a true moron though

No honestly

It’s me

The true moron

Shut the gently caress up already you dullard. Being smug that the dull technocrat won is a dumb look.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gasmask posted:

No honestly

It’s me

The true Scotsman

That's not a "No true Scotsman" argument, dummy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

hahahahahahahahaha

hosed it.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Not So Fast posted:

People throwing their toys out of the pram need to step back and breathe. Keir just got more votes than Corbyn did in 2015. I would wait for him to betray those voters before we start calling him Blair 2.0

Honestly, the candidates all fell into a narrow spectrum of soft-Corbynism.

Yeah, I appreciate people itt are disappointed but Starmer in 2020 is not Blair in 1997 and Starmer pretty much ran on Corbyn's policy platform. It's not the end of the world just yet.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Gasmask posted:

No honestly

It’s me

The true Scotsman

What I said had nothing to do with No True Scotsman

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yeah you've shown yourself up and rather than reflect for half a second you've decided to flounce out without actually doing the "Out" part.

What reflection would satisfy you?

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
This was depressingly inevitable after the polling a few weeks ago. I'm not gonna snip my card and my CLP voted much better than this so they're ok but yeah. Not a happy morning

superliminal
Jun 2, 2010

jesus

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Azza Bamboo posted:

What reflection would satisfy you?

Azza Bamboo posted:

It's a loving flu, we'll get through it and some grannies will die and a few nurses will quit their NHS jobs in favour of the much less stressful cosmetic procedure industry. Life goes on whoop de doo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, I appreciate people itt are disappointed but Starmer in 2020 is not Blair in 1997 and Starmer pretty much ran on Corbyn's policy platform. It's not the end of the world just yet.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Grr everyone is a dummy. Big dumb melty Torres everywhere. Why is everyone so else so dumb? Why am I the only true smart leftist? Sigh woe is me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Gasmask posted:

Grr everyone is a dummy. Big dumb melty Torres everywhere. Why is everyone so else so dumb? Why am I the only true smart leftist? Sigh woe is me.

gently caress off

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Barry Foster posted:

We're a true leftist movement, not a true labour movement

Anyone loyal to a party because they're loyal to a party doesn't have principles, they have a football team

The labour party no longer represents my views, and actively works against them. They are our enemy. Why the gently caress would we still support them?

Starmer and the rest of them at least realise that you don't win by being nice, you win by shanking those who opposed you. Corbynism's biggest mistake was applying 'kinder, gentler politics' to politicians, when it should have been reserved solely for the vulnerable of society

we took the moral highground and it hosed us

Reminds me of something I saw the other day, from 2017:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Gasmask posted:

The fact that you thought this was a smart thing to say says everything

gently caress off out of the thread, you've said your lovely piece

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gasmask posted:

Give me your money.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Statement from RLB
:
https://twitter.com/RLong_Bailey/status/1246381940372123655?s=19

Statement from Corbyn

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1246394078780174341?s=19

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The two people happy about Keir winning acting all smug and above it all while Keir immediately falls for the laziest Wallet Inspection and jumps into bed with the Tory government just loving rules.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Azza Bamboo posted:

I imagine in the next few months the party is going to appear as bi-partisan as possible, and it's going to make some big token moves to appear like it's doing something about the dumb anti Semitism thing. As a result everyone here will be screaming for my apology. What I want to wait for is the next manifesto, or at the very least the next conference, to see what they do with power and not just what they do while the press is watching.

forkboy84 posted:

That's expected to change in the next few minutes.

https://twitter.com/katyballs/status/1246391711179452416?s=20

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/EdRooksby/status/1246394114784010242?s=20

Dat Shadow Cabinet of None of the Talents going to come together nicely

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Isomermaid posted:

This was depressingly inevitable after the polling a few weeks ago. I'm not gonna snip my card and my CLP voted much better than this so they're ok but yeah. Not a happy morning

I'm waiting to see how badly he fucks it this week before cancelling my direct debit

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What reflection on voting Starmer would satisfy you, Gonzo mcfee

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Gasmask posted:

Well done for posting this right after you've noticed most of the thread agrees with each other and Azza is talking about feeling rejected by the group.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Azza Bamboo posted:

CleanBreak.txt

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

That it was dumb as gently caress and that you should be aware that you made a dumb as gently caress decision.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Gasmask posted:

lol do you have a point or just more piss weak attempts at owns

I mean I'm mostly a lurker because I'm a bad poster and even I could do better than this.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

The two people happy about Keir winning acting all smug and above it all while Keir immediately falls for the laziest Wallet Inspection and jumps into bed with the Tory government just loving rules.

I’m the only one being smug. You being a prick to Asda despite him explaining his thinking proves my point way better than I could.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

lol do you have a point or just more piss weak attempts at owns

I mean I'm mostly a lurker because I'm a bad poster and even I could do better than this.

Please like me thread :( :( :(

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

I know it seems bad but it seems like something a lot of the politically apathetic public will get behind? Just like the whole idea of "sorting Brexit out".
There are multiple political avenues to work with the Rona and Brexit but people seem to just want it to be as "apolitical" as possible. I'm not a Starmer Stan but why not at this point gently caress it, why not work together with the lovely government. The public will be like "he's so mature and non-partisan", anything to keep them away from the loving tories or any fash adjacent parties.

Maybe my time moving to a Tory heartland has really destroyed my ability to hope, people on this island really do love the boot.
Also tbh we were never going to get the society we wanted just with a labour win, it would have stopped a lot of suffering but it was never our only avenue to power. If there is one thing I can take from being leftwing it's the ability to get up after any soul-crushing defeat and keep going.

Always forward.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Gonzo McFee posted:

If I’m on of these I’m not happy about any of this. I’m not happy Red Ed lost in the first place. Corbyn didn’t win, twice. We have to try a new tactic. I’m firmly in the camp these should be tactics not blind allegiance to dear leader Starmer. If RLB won, I’m confident she would’ve lost and lost hard at the next election. I’m less confident Starmer will lose. Only less. Get a bit of perspective and work with what we have. The most fundamental piece of work is to keep up with creating community support infrastructure under a red banner, which would be a priority no matter who won.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

quote:

This attack is accomplished by making you feel that your very existence is inimical to the Movement and that nothing can change this short of ceasing to exist. These feelings are reinforced when you are isolated from your friends as they become convinced that their association with-you is similarly inimical to the Movement and to themselves. Any support of you will taint them. Eventually all your colleagues join in a chorus of condemnation which cannot be silenced, and you are reduced to a mere parody of your previous self.

https://www.jofreeman.com/joreen/trashing.htm

Whatever the tories think about Starmer as leader of the opposition, I'm sure they are quaking in their boots at the idea of every left winger in the UK turning on each other in a giant bloodbath of ideological purity until, like a crap Communist Highlander, only one remains.

They absolutely, definitely want us to piece ourselves together after the years of real and manufactured schisms that have beset our party, seek common ground and make the best of what we've got. So that's the last thing we should do.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Gasmask posted:

I’m the only one being smug. You being a prick to Asda despite him explaining his thinking proves my point way better than I could.

Flat-earthers also explain their thinking, and they're dumb motherfuckers too.

I mean I suppose Azza was right in a way, Keir has already Trojan-horsed his way right into number 10.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Diane Abbott is on the privy council? Unless that's out of date, they're was a big thing about Corbyn joining cos he had to kiss the Queen or whatever. It's normal. Three longer statement had him saying he would hold Boris to account and criticise where necessary. The tweet is nothing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
He may be thinking he can pull an Attlee here. I don't have a detailed enough understanding of the wartime coalition to get whether that's workable, though.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Gasmask posted:

Please like me thread :( :( :(
Are you going to stop talking gibberish and reach a point?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Literally every new leader from Corbyn to Karl Marx would have put out a statement about working with the Tories at this difficult time

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gasmask posted:

lmao tone policing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Endjinneer posted:

https://www.jofreeman.com/joreen/trashing.htm

Whatever the tories think about Starmer as leader of the opposition, I'm sure they are quaking in their boots at the idea of every left winger in the UK turning on each other in a giant bloodbath of ideological purity until, like a crap Communist Highlander, only one remains.

They absolutely, definitely want us to piece ourselves together after the years of real and manufactured schisms that have beset our party, seek common ground and make the best of what we've got. So that's the last thing we should do.

We're not turning on each other, we're turning on the liberals lol