Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Has anyone leveled up the Seed Plant at Inns to level 2 or higher? Curious if you can grind that out in the demo.

You can. The maximum level is 5 btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope ??? Seeds are less RNG, if they even keep that mechanic intact.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Finally finished my first pre-remake run-through! Really look forward to seeing how the scenes play out in 3D. Did not regret having nomad Hawkeye around to trivialize the final boss...

I decided to do a run for each faction story. Now to plan my next team

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

gandlethorpe posted:

I hope ??? Seeds are less RNG, if they even keep that mechanic intact.

Apparently ???-Seeds can now be found in chests though you'll only get a few of those that way and you have to grow the rest if the ones you got aren't what you want.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/managame/status/1244625677808218117?s=21

Look at that loving Switch :3:

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 30, 2020

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The PS4 looks like poo poo but dear god that Switch is adorable

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Confused grandparent :corsair: : Is that a Pikachu on your Nintendo?

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Has anyone leveled up the Seed Plant at Inns to level 2 or higher? Curious if you can grind that out in the demo.

Is it possible to save scum the plant rewards? As in save at the inn keeper, use a seed, reload if the result is bad, try again. Or are the items you get decided as soon as you loot the seed?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

The first thing you see of her as she steps out from Flamekhan's throne is a zoomed-in shot square on her chest. Really classy stuff.

Whoever said this looks like a mobile shovelware game aesthetically isn't all wrong. I give this a pass because for the most part these are the character designs as they were in 1995, so we're not looking at generic anime so much as we're looking at what established the concept later known as generic anime, and I adored the SNES game back in 2002. But there's a definite skeevy anime aspect to all the women.

the character designs of the remake are not the original designs. well, the guys mostly get their original designs - they absolutely made the women wayyyyy skeevier. i guess angela always had a very low-cut boob armor thing in her base class menu portrait, but the sprite was considerably less horny and most of her final classes were pretty fully-dressed. lise literally wears poo poo like full plate and cloaks in her menu portraits, and her sprite suggests a fully-armored torso with an armored skirt down to the knee.

like i'm not opposed to people enjoying horny character designs but i am baffled that they took an RPG that resisted the siren call of boob armor remarkably well for a product of the mid-90s and dialed the horny up to 11 25 years later

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Look at that loving Switch :3:

that's probably all i'll ever get to do with it

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

people shocked itt at an anime game having anime women

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jazerus posted:

the character designs of the remake are not the original designs. well, the guys mostly get their original designs - they absolutely made the women wayyyyy skeevier. i guess angela always had a very low-cut boob armor thing in her base class menu portrait, but the sprite was considerably less horny and most of her final classes were pretty fully-dressed. lise literally wears poo poo like full plate and cloaks in her menu portraits, and her sprite suggests a fully-armored torso with an armored skirt down to the knee.

like i'm not opposed to people enjoying horny character designs but i am baffled that they took an RPG that resisted the siren call of boob armor remarkably well for a product of the mid-90s and dialed the horny up to 11 25 years later

The only Riesz that is super horny is Fenrir Knight. Which was always super horny.

Angela has always been horney on main.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Eh, the OG art for Riesz wasn't that modest. Her boobs may have been smaller, but it was the 90s

https://mana.fandom.com/wiki/Riesz

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I wish they had giant shoulder pads

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

So...how are they gonna do Angelas 2nd class move where she shows her rear end?

The horny part of me hopes its an elaborate rainbow mika kinda sequence every time.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

They're replacing it with just her blowing a kiss

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Ah, ok. Makes sense. Now hopefully they spice up Carlies 3rd attack cause its a boring folding fan.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
still just a big folding fan smack, you can see it in the Final Trailer.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Leaked tomato men redesigns

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Some notes on how magic in Trials of Mana (Remake) works compared to the original (as shamelessly stolen from GameFAQs):

* Multitargeting enemies does not exist anymore (from what we know so far).
* All buffs/debuffs/sabers/gimmicks last only one minute.
* Some gimmicks (Trans Shape, Counter Magic, etc) not only last one minute, but are one-use-only effects. For example, after reflecting one spell, Counter Magic effect wears off.
* Magic/Throw items now need a certain proximity to the enemy to be used. Some can be used far from the enemies, some others close and others need to be into the battle circle to be used (giving now a new sense of "attacing from a distance")
* While not directly related to changes on magic abilities, the game is in a permanent "analyzer" state (SoM magic) that will tell you clearly which enemies are weak, resistant, immune or absorb an specific elemental magic/saber.

Oh yeah, and Rogue spells appear to be buffed heavily in base power. (Someone maxed out the amount of Luck Hawkeye could have in the demo and tried the item that casts Pumpkin Bomb and it did 1000 or something damage.)

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Angela's description on the character select screen gives a pro of multi target spells or something, so I gather it's in the game somewhere.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I suspect her spells are AoE rather than targeting all enemies. They'll have a specific area they hit.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

I suspect her spells are AoE rather than targeting all enemies. They'll have a specific area they hit.

I'd also say the + versions you see in the stat training trees upgrades those spells to have a bigger AoE radius. That would make it easier for her to target multiple enemies. Multi-target in the vein of full-screen magic/techs are most certainly not a thing anymore.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Someone datamined the demo, and it got us some knowhow of how the 4th tier classes work.

They are essentially a combination of the third tier classes that preceded them.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Folt The Bolt posted:

Someone datamined the demo, and it got us some knowhow of how the 4th tier classes work.

They are essentially a combination of the third tier classes that preceded them.

That will either lead to some very pointless results (Angela's light classes) or some very solid ones. (Angela's dark classes, Hawkeye's light classes)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They’re also NG+ exclusives...

https://twitter.com/managame/status/1246785021563846656?s=21

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
New Game+ only seems pretty mean for an extremely faithful remake of a game that a lot of the audience has already played

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Item Getter posted:

New Game+ only seems pretty mean for an extremely faithful remake of a game that a lot of the audience has already played

Eh, I think it's fine. Trials of Mana remake is already letting us play with the Third Tier classes much earlier than in the original.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Item Getter posted:

It kind of depends. If there's no special conditions for New Game+, like being forced to use the same characters as the ones in your savefile, then it's not that bad seeing that this is a game that greatly encourages multiple playthroughs anyway.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I was already not super hot on the idea of fourth classes taking away the significance of the third class splits. Reserving it for NG+ luxury mode is fine by me.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Just got spoiled on where the Training Reset point is. It is in the Night Market at Beizer.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I mean, everything else you'd want is there, so why not that as well?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Erpy posted:

It kind of depends. If there's no special conditions for New Game+, like being forced to use the same characters as the ones in your savefile, then it's not that bad seeing that this is a game that greatly encourages multiple playthroughs anyway.

Well. Bad news: You have to use the characters of that file. Good news: It's actually a clear game bonus rather than a NG+: You get dropped off at the point in the game where you're just about to challenge the final boss upon game completion and can immediately go to the library of Valsena to start the new content.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Folt the Bolt I love your posts. Keep laying on that mechanics info.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Erpy posted:

That will either lead to some very pointless results (Angela's light classes) or some very solid ones. (Angela's dark classes, Hawkeye's light classes)

I assume every class is going to have a variety of passive perks, while distribution of spells is relatively untouched. Like, otherwise going dark Kevin will be really boring. This should give them an opportunity to draw more distinction between the more samey classes of the original.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Riesz doesn't have a lot of variety in her spell list either.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Well. Bad news: You have to use the characters of that file. Good news: It's actually a clear game bonus rather than a NG+: You get dropped off at the point in the game where you're just about to challenge the final boss upon game completion and can immediately go to the library of Valsena to start the new content.

Maybe once you’ve unlocked them with a clear game you can get them in future playthroughs?

Are you getting info datamined from the demo?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Maybe once you’ve unlocked them with a clear game you can get them in future playthroughs?

Are you getting info datamined from the demo?

I've gotten some of it from listening to others who have, and have seen the datamined information on the pastebin myself. For example, Black Rabite exists and gives you a Chain Link Ability for beating it. There are more story-dependent Chain Link Abilities than I expected, and the way we're getting some of them are... interesting to say the least.

It also seems like they've also changed certain things in the remake itself beyond the gameplay overhaul. It's likely that a cut boss from the original that was supposed to be fought at Beuca Island is coming back for the remake, and three characters from the original appears to have been promoted to being bosses in the remake based on the datamined files grouping them in with the other bosses.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Oh poo poo all those artists are finally getting their Octopus/Tentacle thing in the game?

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Folt The Bolt posted:

I've gotten some of it from listening to others who have, and have seen the datamined information on the pastebin myself. For example, Black Rabite exists and gives you a Chain Link Ability for beating it. There are more story-dependent Chain Link Abilities than I expected, and the way we're getting some of them are... interesting to say the least.

It also seems like they've also changed certain things in the remake itself beyond the gameplay overhaul. It's likely that a cut boss from the original that was supposed to be fought at Beuca Island is coming back for the remake, and three characters from the original appears to have been promoted to being bosses in the remake based on the datamined files grouping them in with the other bosses.

Do we have confirmation on Anise/Medusa as true final boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Folt The Bolt posted:

Eh, I think it's fine. Trials of Mana remake is already letting us play with the Third Tier classes much earlier than in the original.

This is pretty much all I needed to hear to buy this game (eventually. Not immediately. Lot of other games on my plate right now).