Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

D1E posted:

Good morning!

Working hard, thank you!

probably won't be too long before we have more cases than the entire rest of the world

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Goon Boots posted:

What do they do when storage is full? Just stop pumping?

Lol, we all keep pumping and hoping our barrel makes it in because the oil sands can produce negative due to the high cost of shutting down and restarting. The health of the entire ecosystem is based on marginal costs to produce a barrel and they are low once the well is online.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Frosted Flake posted:

The Royal Canadian Navy is in deep crisis right now and there are already sailors dropping on deck or too sick to get out of their bunks.

Sounds like the king of Canada needs to get on top of his poo poo with his Royal navy

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Over Easy posted:

Sounds like the king of Canada needs to get on top of his poo poo with his Royal navy

can't. put one extra guy on the boats and they sink

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

D1E posted:

Good morning!

Working hard, thank you!

That unassigned New York, means it happened in other parts of the state aside from NYC?

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

I'm the guy who has to sleep in the bed with the hot water pipe supplying the locker either above my face or between my legs

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

sure am glad im not a seaman (semen)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
lol of the night at my hospital: talking down and trying to comfort a woman who was crying and having a panic attack because screening caught her as having a fever, dry cough, and pneumonia (after she lied and told me she had none of these symptoms, twice) and redirecting her to the separate entrance for suspected coronavirus cases, because she was adamant she didn't have it and was absolutely sure she would get it if she went in there. her husband was hugging her and helping calm her down and assuring her she would be fine while I told her the methods they took to clean and disinfect areas in the hospital right now. i chatted with him a bit as he was leaving (because they do not allow any visitors inside the hospital with anyone who is a suspected covid case) and he mentioned this month's been terrible because their newborn baby has pneumonia and he just got laid off thanks to the economy slamming to a halt.

the mental stress of this situation is building to a peak in people. money's running out and there's more sick people every day. this month is going to be terrible.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://i.imgur.com/gHMP5xO.mp4

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wrex Ruckus posted:

probably won't be too long before we have more cases than the entire rest of the world

Well if the whole doubling every 3 days trend continues this would not be hard to achieve.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ghmlwj_zoo

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HliRAFMvDYA

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

one of my employees lost her grandmother to covid-19. she was in a nursing home in New York. the facility didn’t even let them know she was sick. just called to tell them she had died. it’s really messing with the family; both that they could communicate, see her, or pray for her while she was sick. and also that then can’t have a funeral now and she’s probably been tossed in a refrigerated truck.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

l m a o

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

Two-thirds of the U.S. is overweight or obese, factors shown to increase the risk of Covid-19. Nearly half of adults have high blood pressure. And 1 in 8 Americans haven’t visited a doctor in the past year, meaning that some may have health conditions and not know it.

We're hosed

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

#upstatelivesmatter but also #curenotworsethandisease

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1246411788989628417
Sanction the United States

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
if someone told me I had to physically separate myself from my fiancé I would fight them. I have been no further than 10 feet from her for a solid month and if she has it, I have it. Im not leaving her alone and scared while she is most vulnerable when it protects no one. We are the same person at this point. I’m stunned there haven’t been more instances of people refusing to separate.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Impkins Patootie posted:

coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms for most people, but for some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness or death

so what you're saying is that...I'm invincible?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Looks like the toilet paper hoarding has finally ended in my area at least. More than enough despite being packed with shoppers on a Saturday afternoon.

good old capitalism

only took it two weeks to respond to literally the consequential thing about this pandemic

maybe we'll figure out milk next i dunno

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

it’s gonna own when the EU just completely switches all alliances to China and the US loses control of the worlds banking system

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Nothus posted:

We're hosed

*does the mr. burns thing with his hands*
invinnncible...

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The gently caress is going on with that bun

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Remember just two months ago when we were in this very subforum laughing about the bat soup video.

Thinking it's an over there problem. But in really now it's an over here problem. How could anyone have seen this coming?

Zotix has issued a correction as of 14:15 on Apr 4, 2020

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Who was laughing about that extremely racist video?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bert Roberge posted:

Who was laughing about that extremely racist video?

The entire thread back in January. You must be new here you sweet summer child.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Zotix posted:

The entire thread back in January. You must be new here you sweet summer child.

tbf i think even the most hardened posters here are at least somewhat surprised at exactly how badly the developed world has hosed this one up. a massive series of own goals.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

2 day Noreaster is over today in Boston. Sun will be out, nice day ahead.

I think people here get it now but today will be a telltale.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NBC10Boston/status/1246383800789188609?s=20
Something like 60 more residents have tested positive
:(

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

CHUD Response: "They were old and were going to die soon anyway. They shouldn't even be counted as COVID-19 deaths."

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

slave to my cravings posted:

it’s gonna own when the EU just completely switches all alliances to China and the US loses control of the worlds banking system

im at least not a total loving moron about most uspol and labor issues but know fuckall about international economic poo poo -- do people think this is the result of the US abandoning the TPP? no impact? or the TPP would have actually made this worse?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

This is too long to screenshot and post, so please enjoy laughing your dick and balls off at a dumb gently caress who called this a leftist hoax to smear blessed god emperor Trump and then died... like a dog.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158108220505789&id=701945788

lmao owned

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
Am I doing this math wrong?

The USA has 7406 deaths
12,283 recovered

of all resolved cases thats a 37.6% death rate. obviously the real rate is much lower as testing is a joke in this country and only obvious people who seek urgent medical care are really being tested, but that still seems really, really bad that 37% of the people needing treatment are dying BEFORE our system collapses in all states.

edit: If that rate holds for all positive tests the USA is looking at 85k deaths _just from the known tested positive cases already_

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yeah. It got into a nursing home in Ontario and has killed 20 people so far. There's been 67 deaths in Ontario total so that's a horrific number for us.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

This is too long to screenshot and post, so please enjoy laughing your dick and balls off at a dumb gently caress who called this a leftist hoax to smear blessed god emperor Trump and then died... like a dog.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158108220505789&id=701945788

A+ very Pro Click

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

charity rereg posted:

The USA has 7406 deaths
12,283 recovered

of all resolved cases thats a 37.6% death rate. obviously the real rate is much lower as testing is a joke in this country and only obvious people who seek urgent medical care are really being tested, but that still seems really, really bad that 37% of the people needing treatment are dying BEFORE our system collapses in all states.

edit: If that rate holds for all positive tests the USA is looking at 85k deaths _just from the known tested positive cases already_

Recoveries take longer than deaths and a lot of places don't even report them. The only stat you can use is deaths, double it for lack of testing/reporting, and compare it to overall population.

More importantly, just look at the log charts on deaths and see if/when they curve right like bill's penis

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

charity rereg posted:

The USA has 7406 deaths
12,283 recovered

It takes longer to recover from the disease than it does to die from it. More recent infections—which significantly outnumber older ones because of the basically exponential growth—are contributing to the death side and not at all to the recovery side.

Many of those patients will recover, but by then there will be even more deaths in a new cohort, again swamping the recovered numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1246423794077634566?s=19