Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

that's also a pretty dece in-set mutate target; evasion and protection from damage spells

e: i guess the theme of sharks in set is "instant-speed blue beef", which makes the cycling on sharknado make a bit more sense

President Ark fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I think it is cool that sharks have flash

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cactrot posted:

I think it is cool that sharks have flash

serious flavor-mechanics synergy

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yelling Shark Attack every time your opponent attacks into open mana

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

it doesnt work against the single red removal spell in standard that sees play; luckily, it's got 3 toughness

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Good synergy with Deafening Clarion though.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Jabor posted:

Good synergy with Deafening Clarion though.

curve is medium though and you line up pretty poorly against teferi. same issue with the 1/1 haste faerie dragon tbh.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/deathsie/status/1246292360176295945?s=21

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I *think* that's going to end up worse than the times we've gotten a 1 mana 1/1 that taps to give something haste, but that's definitely an interesting card for limited.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Overall it's pretty niche - I think it's better to look at it as a do-nothing cantrip that can instead give your fatties trample if you need to push through some chump blockers.

The fact that it costs you mana to activate really hampers any plans to steamroller your opponent by curving out with beefy now-hasty dudes. Since you wouldn't be playing on-curve.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
That card seems useful in the pile of 8/8s with no evasion format, and also it cycles for 1 colorless which is always a huge upside

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

President Ark posted:

speaking of flash sharks,

Fuckembercleave Gearhulk

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Star of Extinction, swing for 21

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
lmao first Amonkhet and now this set, the price of Fluctuator going up up UP

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lone Goat posted:

MORE SHARKS

i can't wait for the street sharks tie in

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I assume you can mutate at instant speed if the creature has flash?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ungulateman posted:

I assume you can mutate at instant speed if the creature has flash?

Yes

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Couple of cards from Ikoria:

Footfall Crater

https://twitter.com/deathsie/status/1246292360176295945?s=21

Migration Path

Creature-Nightmare Beast

When ~ Mutates return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kurtofan posted:

Migration Path

Explosive Vegetation with upside seems real good.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Doesn't fix quite as well as Circuitous Route, but ramp that isn't just dead in the late-game is often Pretty Good.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Explosive Vegetation with upside seems real good.

I can't wait to play all of these new cards in new perspectives in pioneer. It might actually be playable now!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I'm not sure why you would play a 6 mana card that draws three cards in pioneer when you can play a 5 mana card that puts a land onto the battlefield and then draws and plays three cards for 7 mana, given that both of these decks are going to have 4 field of the dead in them

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Field of the Dead is banned in pioneer though??

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Migratory Greathorn

Creature -Beast
Mutate 2G

Whenever this creature mutates, search your library for a basic land card, and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library

3/4

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
a card from commander 20

quote:

3R Rare.
Creature - Human Warrior
Whenever one or more creatures attack an opponent or a Planeswalker an opponent controls, those creatures gain menace until end of turn

4/4

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
also crop rotation is in C20

made me yell WHAT THE gently caress when i thought it was an ikoria spoiler

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Field of the Dead is banned in pioneer though??

Just play it anyway, if the companion talk is any indication, cheating deck building restrictions in a way that is instantly caught if you try to actually use it is the order of the day.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/1246427704595005440?s=20

No big deal, just flashing in Griselbrand on turn 2.

E: Completely misread it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I guess the idea is you pay life (and a card) in order to avoid commander tax.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BizarroAzrael posted:

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/1246427704595005440?s=20

No big deal, just flashing in Griselbrand on turn 2.

E: Completely misread it.

Also Grizzel-Bees is banned in EDH.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
more commander 20 cards

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kurtofan posted:

more commander 20 cards

finally, no more giant fan discussions

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is pretty disgusting. Flickering, moving counters, etc. means you get your Commander without tax very often.

And there you go.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

The alt art Ikoria cards look like the art from the Hellboy comics and I loving love them, I'm a big fan of multiple art styles especially when they go way off the normal style guide like it seems these are. I actually think the first real gripe will be if they alt art styles are too close to the normal safe stuff they approve for regular set art.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

PleasantDirge posted:

The alt art Ikoria cards look like the art from the Hellboy comics and I loving love them, I'm a big fan of multiple art styles especially when they go way off the normal style guide like it seems these are. I actually think the first real gripe will be if they alt art styles are too close to the normal safe stuff they approve for regular set art.

It makes me miss the old VS System card game. :(

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

AlternateNu posted:

It makes me miss the old VS System card game. :(

I haven't found a deck as fun as Fantastic Fun in the years and years since. :(

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

PleasantDirge posted:

We have read totally different Hellboy comics if you think they look similar. Hellboy's colors are usually solid single tones like a graphic. They're made to work only in black and white. These alternate editions are the typical digital painting with solid black lines on them. Normally I loving hate that but these pieces aren't being done through the usual comic book assembly line if a different artist each for pencils, inks, then color.

Some of those illustrations are by Kev Walker and I've never known him to be a line guy. I would like to know what the process for these were.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

i don't play commander, but i like the flavor of kelsien