Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Seldom Posts posted:

Here is your unit of immovable hammer wielding mountain dwellers.

Oh yes they're elves why do you ask?

Looking forward to the fast spear wielding plains dwarves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Would unironically be down for that

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Spears make a lot more sense to use in caves than giant swingy hammers!

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Age of Sigmar is just anarchy. First flying dwarves, now mountain elves. What's next, pretty orcs? (PS GW feel free to steal the idea for Pretty OrcsTM thank you in advance.)

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I want refined sun goblins

seriously though, more goblins

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Z the IVth posted:

So from Lion worshipping axe-elves to Cow worshipping hammer-elves?

:qq: Why did they do this to my beautiful boys

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

Cow elves are sick, do you guys reckon they'll have more models to represent another one of the 4 spirits or this is more or less all we'll get plus some generic characters?

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

What are the four spirits?

I agree that bull is an odd choice for elves.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Captain No-mates posted:

Cow elves are sick, do you guys reckon they'll have more models to represent another one of the 4 spirits or this is more or less all we'll get plus some generic characters?

We haven’t seen this lady yet but she might just be a generic wizard or something

E: or this incense burner?

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 28, 2020

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Re: bulls, based on the earlier hero (?) model that's sitting in a meditative pose, I imagine what they're going for is a thematic association between Hysh's order/enlightenment and Hinduism. In which case, the other spirits will likely be things like the tiger or the elephant.

It's an interesting alternative to the cliche of making the "light elemental" a Judeo-Christian thing.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

There’s a very blurry image of the veiled elf in today’s video. Are those known runes or anything on her robe?

Also it kind of looks like there’s a tiny dragon over her shoulder? Though now I think it’s that incense thing above, I hadn’t seen that before.

Anno fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 28, 2020

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Anno posted:

There’s a very blurry image of the veiled elf in today’s video. Are those known runes or anything on her robe?

Also it kind of looks like there’s a tiny dragon over her shoulder? Though now I think it’s that incense thing above, I hadn’t seen that before.

Huh, that really does look like a dragon when blurred. Fairly sure it’s the burner though, you can see her hand holding it in the closeup

Also I would be fully onboard with elephant and tiger elves

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

What are the four spirits?

I agree that bull is an odd choice for elves.

From the lore in the first lumineth community post they were Mountain (represented so far by the pillar wizard, hammer elves and cow), Wind, River, and Zenith.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Cow elves are dope as hell but now I can't help but feel like not making them sheep elves was a missed opportunity.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

peer posted:

thinkin those would make a great keeper of secrets

I’m thinking maybe counts-as Ghorgon or Cygor in Warcry (I’m planning to run my High Elves as counts-as Beastmen).

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Winklebottom posted:

Huh, that really does look like a dragon when blurred. Fairly sure it’s the burner though, you can see her hand holding it in the closeup

Also I would be fully onboard with elephant and tiger elves

Go whole hog (heh) and run with the Indian theme. Cow, Elephant, Tiger and Monkey elves.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Geisladisk posted:

Cow elves are dope as hell but now I can't help but feel like not making them sheep elves was a missed opportunity.

People think sheep isn't a warrior theme but in Six Ages the sheep worshippers fly and poo poo lightning

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Really want to own a beefer of secrets now. I like the weird and wild ways they're taking High Alfs.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I'm excited, Soulbound is supposed to come out this week or next, though with Covid-19, I could see it delayed longer. That game looks great, a complete encapsulation of the insanity of AoS.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I'm excited, Soulbound is supposed to come out this week or next, though with Covid-19, I could see it delayed longer. That game looks great, a complete encapsulation of the insanity of AoS.

Looking forward to that too. While the physical version will no doubt be delayed, I imagine the digital version will come out on time.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
For those who haven't read it, Soul Wars is on sale for 99p/.99 USD this week only. If you wanna get into the lore it's one of the best books from the setting.

https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-pr...entures30032020

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 30, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Soulbound production update.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/aos-soulbound-production-update/

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Ugh, looks like I jinxed it. Oh well, it still looks awesome.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

For those who haven't read it, Soul Wars is on sale for 99p/.99 USD this week only. If you wanna get into the lore it's one of the best books from the setting.

Having bought and read it, I can say that it's loving tripe and you should avoid it. Unless you love incredibly overwrought descriptions of places, crap pacing and very obvious thesaurus usage. At least whoever's reading the audio book is having a fun time.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

If you want to actually get into the setting, read Spear of Shadows. Great cross section of all the major factions, regular human POV character, lots of interesting locations.

Definitely the AoS book to start with, though I did like Plague Garden for its cool Nurgle guys.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The Deleter posted:

Having bought and read it, I can say that it's loving tripe and you should avoid it. Unless you love incredibly overwrought descriptions of places, crap pacing and very obvious thesaurus usage. At least whoever's reading the audio book is having a fun time.

That sounds like genre fiction to me!

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I'm looking for something very specific that I don't think I can find. I'm looking for the semantic field of Age of Sigmar. I'm looking for the top, say, 100 nouns and adjectives used in that universe. Does anybody know where I can find this, or am I going to write a web crawler and parse some wiki website?

It's for a project.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RagnarokAngel posted:

I actually bought the collector's edition when 2nd edition launched because I thought it was the super nice version of the core book(In my defense the 2nd launch box was called Soul Wars too). I was really confused when it arrived.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Furism posted:

I'm looking for something very specific that I don't think I can find. I'm looking for the semantic field of Age of Sigmar. I'm looking for the top, say, 100 nouns and adjectives used in that universe. Does anybody know where I can find this, or am I going to write a web crawler and parse some wiki website?

It's for a project.

If you read Soul Wars you'll see a lot of "Nagash is all, and all are one in Nagash!"

Like three or four times per conversation between any undead.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Potato appears a few times in that book. A Stormcast eats a potato. it won't be up there but it's there.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Bastiladon done!

Crystal could have turned out better but it is okay.

R0ckfish fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 3, 2020

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I love bastiladons mostly because I enjoy seeing all the ways that people paint up the shells on them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...omepage-post-1/

Warhammer Preview 2 is live right now. First up is the reveal of the Lumineth army box. Featuring actually useable special dice. But it looks like they're following the same model as with the Sisters release end of last year with a box that contains everything you need for the army.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
gently caress the elves where are the gargants

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

gently caress the elves where are the gargants

Guess what is getting revealed now. ;)

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1246434238083280896

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Neat

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 4, 2020

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
So no new models for gargants? Hopefully that reveal was saved for later.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

They said new models were coming. No word on them being in this wave of reveals though

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Mikey Purp posted:

New models are definitely coming its just not unusual to debate a new line without actual model pictures in the teaser. This might take longer since everyone is stuck at home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

So are there gonna be new giant models or not?!?

Bring out the big boys imo