Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I don't recall the original being nearly this horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Murata's the master for a reason.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Psykos has me convinced. Let ONE and Murata do the creature designs. And maybe I'll be happy if Square revives Parasite Eve, because this is final boss levels of design that I can get behind.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Now this I have to see the original chapter for.

It’s not nearly this exciting, the city is just destroyed and the background is mostly rubble

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Its the legendary.... Super King...

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Tatsumaki gets an arguably better show of power in the sense that she just points a finger up instead of raising both arms.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Tatsumaki raised the ENTIRE Monster HQ out from underground, and she still apparently has energy left to fight. I think it's safe to say by now if not for Saitama she would easily be the strongest hero.

EDIT: ALSO GOD DANG THAT PSYKOS

EDIT2: Lil Monster Dude still stayin' alive, I love everything about those three right now.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I think Tatsumaki pretty clearly outclassed everyone else (except Saitama) in the Boros arc. I dunno if there's any way Blast could be stronger unless he's like Saitama too somehow, but I kinda doubt that'd be the case judging by the way the story usually goes.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I think Tatsumaki pretty clearly outclassed everyone else (except Saitama) in the Boros arc. I dunno if there's any way Blast could be stronger unless he's like Saitama too somehow, but I kinda doubt that'd be the case judging by the way the story usually goes.

Blast’s only power is clearly creating explosions of any size with his mind, but he can never look at the explosion because he’s a cool guy.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I do wonder if Blast is going to be a joke or actually played seriously. If a joke, I gotta wonder what joke it'd be. He can't be too powerful because that's Saitama's thing and there's at least one monster he couldn't defeat. Too weak but mistaken for strong is King's thing. The only thing I can think of is he's just too lazy to do hero stuff, but that's kind of a lame punchline after all the buildup we've gotten for him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My favorite part of this was the fact that Tatsumaki can also do other things with her forcefields. Venting water out of Child Emporer's was the best.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Blast’s only power is clearly creating explosions of any size with his mind, but he can never look at the explosion because he’s a cool guy.

Blast can create forcefield funnels and nuclear explosions with his mind. Nothing but his target takes damage and the radiation and shockwave is safely blasted into the vacuum of space.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

I do wonder if Blast is going to be a joke or actually played seriously. If a joke, I gotta wonder what joke it'd be. He can't be too powerful because that's Saitama's thing and there's at least one monster he couldn't defeat. Too weak but mistaken for strong is King's thing. The only thing I can think of is he's just too lazy to do hero stuff, but that's kind of a lame punchline after all the buildup we've gotten for him.

Saitama is the protagonist, so it would make sense for Blast to be his dark mirror. Incredibly powerful but fully consumed by his depression and ennui.

RareAcumen posted:

My favorite part of this was the fact that Tatsumaki can also do other things with her forcefields. Venting water out of Child Emporer's was the best.

Yeah, she might not be as strong as Saitama, but her power has a lot of practical applications beyond just "punch good."

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Let's appreciate too that Tatsumaki's force fields, which were really more of an afterthought for her, were all enough to completely shut down all attacks from all these dragon level monsters. She could probably have soloed most of the association by herself without too much trouble.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Skippy McPants posted:

Saitama is the protagonist, so it would make sense for Blast to be his dark mirror. Incredibly powerful but fully consumed by his depression and ennui.

I think being Saitama's mirror would make him super full of himself and boastful. Which would fit with being at the top of the hero association cause it seems like being able to sell yourself plays a part in advancement (just like real life!)

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Or maybe instead of treating Heroing as a hobby, he treats it as a job, the same way you'd treat your 8-5 salaryman wageslave deal.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Unfinish3d posted:

I think being Saitama's mirror would make him super full of himself and boastful. Which would fit with being at the top of the hero association cause it seems like being able to sell yourself plays a part in advancement (just like real life!)
Considering no one has seen him in apparently years and can barely get in contact with him, that's very unlikely. He seems like a pretty shy, reserved person from what little we know.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Let's appreciate too that Tatsumaki's force fields, which were really more of an afterthought for her, were all enough to completely shut down all attacks from all these dragon level monsters. She could probably have soloed most of the association by herself without too much trouble.

It explains her lovely attitude all the time if she's this strong. No wonder she doesn't respect anyone else in the Association besides Blast.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RareAcumen posted:

It explains her lovely attitude all the time if she's this strong. No wonder she doesn't respect anyone else in the Association besides Blast.

She also respects King, but of course that just further proves your point.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

TheLoneStar posted:

Considering no one has seen him in apparently years and can barely get in contact with him, that's very unlikely. He seems like a pretty shy, reserved person from what little we know.

That or he's off drinking and partying because he considers everything that has happened so far in the series to be beneath him

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blast is gonna be a NEET or something just holed up somewhere the Hero Association can't find him watching anime.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Blast is gonna be a NEET or something just holed up somewhere the Hero Association can't find him watching anime.

Blast is from the future and Memento-ing notes to himself and seeing how this all plays out; only stepping in when he needs to.

Last time, Saitama was able to find gainful employment and things spiraled downward after Boros arrived. Now he's had so much free time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I really get what's been going on in Fubuki's head now.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Electric Phantasm posted:

Watching anime is King's thing already, though.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

Or maybe instead of treating Heroing as a hobby, he treats it as a job, the same way you'd treat your 8-5 salaryman wageslave deal.

I like this.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
This chapter was great and I love but I'll bite and admit I would love some information regarding Jerkface's picture.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

turboraton posted:

This chapter was great and I love but I'll bite and admit I would love some information regarding Jerkface's picture.

tiny lady vs giant lady

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Schwarzwald posted:

She also respects King, but of course that just further proves your point.

I like how Tatsumaki has little to no respect for the other S-Rank Heroes, but she respects how King saves the kid.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Blast has been dead from a peanut allergy this whole time.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
just when you think murata has run out of horny cartoon women to draw, he makes the cartoon women naked as well

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know this is essentially :thejoke: but King being one of the most useful heroes in this event (is actively rescuing a hostage, defeated two monsters) is just perfect.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Elentor posted:

I know this is essentially :thejoke: but King being one of the most useful heroes in this event (is actively rescuing a hostage, defeated two monsters) is just perfect.
his entire bit is just so drat good, especially when you realize he's actually very effective

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the loving sense of scale murata put into the association being upearthed is incredible

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Zombieman or whatever his name is realizing that he should have put the localizer in his skull was a pretty funny and telling moment. Also the sense of scale was really good.

That said, Psykos has been introduced so late that it's difficult for me to care about her as an antagonist, so I'm looking forward to Garou getting to do some proper things.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4RuB3gT8t0

Featured, Psykos and Garou.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Because it's been so long since we've seen Atomic Samurai in action, I really loved that since winning his battle outright seems completely impossible, he's resorted to just slicing Black Sperm to pieces as an effort to simply annoy him!

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Zombieman or whatever his name is realizing that he should have put the localizer in his skull was a pretty funny and telling moment. Also the sense of scale was really good.

That said, Psykos has been introduced so late that it's difficult for me to care about her as an antagonist, so I'm looking forward to Garou getting to do some proper things.

Well I mean she's been around for a long time actually. The eyemonster guy was her all along remember?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Bucswabe posted:

Because it's been so long since we've seen Atomic Samurai in action, I really loved that since winning his battle outright seems completely impossible, he's resorted to just slicing Black Sperm to pieces as an effort to simply annoy him!

Farewell, sword-tester monster.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Bucswabe posted:

I thought that on my first read; on my second I noticed Tatsumaki is closing the walls in on Black Sperm to crush him, Black Sperm is pushing against the walls and then Atomic Samurai is cutting BS's arms to ribbons so that he gets crushed.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Some beautiful art this chapter but we all know which panel Murata really spent the most time on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ryaomon posted:

Some beautiful art this chapter but we all know which panel Murata really spent the most time on.

My expression was exactly the same as Bang's when I saw that panel.