Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Serf posted:

i rewatched world war z because i hate myself and i forgot the scene where israel lets in some muslims and it destroys their country lmao

It rules how they took the book's generally dumb guy stereotyping and just cranked it up to Palestinians are comparable to zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zokari posted:

you moron

you utter fool

death of the author bb :smuggo:

Serf
May 5, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

It rules how they took the book's generally dumb guy stereotyping and just cranked it up to Palestinians are comparable to zombies

the only good part of the movie is when that doctor guy gives a long-winded speech about how mother nature is a serial killer, then attempts to run up a ramp and shoots himself in the head by accident 30 seconds later

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the robot chicken lego skit based on WWZ is better than WWZ, book and movie combined

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Carol Rosin's first husband was deffo running cocaine from latin america as a cia asset (I say with with no proof whatsoever but do remember they never explain how he got rich) so it's hard to say if being fed to tigers was too good for him

I hadn’t thought about this, but its probably true and therefore good that Carole murdered him.

Every tiger owner, from Joe, to Jeff, to Carole, to that cult guy were each their own horrifying little microcosms of diseased boomer bourgeoise in this country. The ways they threat their workers is disgusting. One of Joe’s workers got her arm torn off and he probably treated his workers the best. The other guy was running a sex cult and Carole clearly paid her workers “in experience.” And that’s saying nothing of the treatment of the animals.

I couldn’t help but notice that the government started going after Joe after he ran for governor and did a lot better than your typical kook and got 20% of the vote. Joe didn’t do anything worse than the other tiger owners but he suddenly shows up on the fed’s radar and they try to entrap him with an undercover agent posing as a hitman. I mean Joe was guilty as poo poo, but all the crimes they go after him for are crimes they learn about after they investigate.

Watch your back, Vermin Supreme :ohdear:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Hey cspam people, if you're bored and self-isolating and you want some content to consume, I made an hour-long video essay talking about Suicide Squad where I say 'capitalism' at least three times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvRFplhQ7U

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I finished watching The Little Drummer Girl a couple nights ago and thought it was solid overall, very intense

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Serf posted:

i rewatched world war z because i hate myself and i forgot the scene where israel lets in some muslims and it destroys their country lmao

Have you read the book? It's pretty good. the Israeli ultranationalists turn into suicide bombers as peace is met with the Palestinians, and Cuba becomes the main beacon of hope in the West

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Peanut President posted:

Reminder that the Pentagon sends "fixers" to movies to make sure the us armed forces are shown in a good light on every movie that uses official camo or real tanks or whatever

worse, they get to use the real stuff (including troops) for free if they just let the pentagon approve the movie, that saves a lot on the budget

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fleetwood posted:

Have you read the book? It's pretty good. the Israeli ultranationalists turn into suicide bombers as peace is met with the Palestinians, and Cuba becomes the main beacon of hope in the West

I thought this was talking about little drummer girl at first and was trying to fit it in with my recollection of the book. The ldg miniseries is very good.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I hadn’t thought about this, but its probably true and therefore good that Carole murdered him.

Every tiger owner, from Joe, to Jeff, to Carole, to that cult guy were each their own horrifying little microcosms of diseased boomer bourgeoise in this country. The ways they threat their workers is disgusting. One of Joe’s workers got her arm torn off and he probably treated his workers the best. The other guy was running a sex cult and Carole clearly paid her workers “in experience.” And that’s saying nothing of the treatment of the animals.

I couldn’t help but notice that the government started going after Joe after he ran for governor and did a lot better than your typical kook and got 20% of the vote. Joe didn’t do anything worse than the other tiger owners but he suddenly shows up on the fed’s radar and they try to entrap him with an undercover agent posing as a hitman. I mean Joe was guilty as poo poo, but all the crimes they go after him for are crimes they learn about after they investigate.

It's funny seeing former Big Cat rescue workers defend Carol on Twitter.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

did a lot better than your typical kook and got 20% of the vote.

the doc was really shady in portraying this as 20% of the general election vote. he got 20% of the libertarian party primary vote :rolleyes:

e: <700 votes

theflyingexecutive has issued a correction as of 23:39 on Apr 4, 2020

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

his scummier bald friend smuggling tigers across state lines on instagram probably didnt help either

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

doesn't Cuba embrace capitalism and all the returning exiles help make it so the economy flourishes even as the rest of the world is overrun by zombies

also the Israel plot has the vibe of the harsh but pragmatic liberal Zionists being the good guys, against the irrationally bigoted Likudniks

so not exceptionally bad, but like standard liberal brainworms. It's been years since I've read the book, so this could all be wrong.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Atrocious Joe posted:

doesn't Cuba embrace capitalism and all the returning exiles help make it so the economy flourishes even as the rest of the world is overrun by zombies

also the Israel plot has the vibe of the harsh but pragmatic liberal Zionists being the good guys, against the irrationally bigoted Likudniks

so not exceptionally bad, but like standard liberal brainworms. It's been years since I've read the book, so this could all be wrong.

p. much

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

i read the book back in the day and thought it was okay. the blind japanese zen warrior guy was a little much tho

tonight i watched "the hunt" which is a loving bizarre film. i don't know why it was made or who the audience was supposed to be. i loved it. breezy, 90-minute action/comedy movie starring betty gilpin with insane politics and a hilariously brutal fight at the end

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I just watched that new invisible man movie written and directed by the guy that wrote and directed upgrade a couple years ago and had a hand writing and directing a slew those saw movies before that

It was really good, very loving creepy and ended up be incredibly satisfying

that guy makes really solid movies, great use of a limited budget only 7 million

the bad guy is a SV creep so that was easy for me to buy into

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Silicon valley weirdo is a new and very solid villain archetype. They're the new mad scientists, but without even the pretension of doing science for its own sake or for any reason other than their own personal gain.

The Mark Zuckerbird (I didn't even intend that but hey, it works) in the new DuckTales is still a warmer and more human character than the real life one, and he's a literal supervillain who uses air horn sound effects.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

the doc was really shady in portraying this as 20% of the general election vote. he got 20% of the libertarian party primary vote :rolleyes:

e: <700 votes

Lol, I stand corrected, I mean this was 2016 Oklahoma, so him getting 20% somehow tracked.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

josh04 posted:

Hey cspam people, if you're bored and self-isolating and you want some content to consume, I made an hour-long video essay talking about Suicide Squad where I say 'capitalism' at least three times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvRFplhQ7U

for what it's worth I watched all the way through this and thought it was excellent

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i have never gotten the argument that the plot of suicide plot was muddled amanda waller has a dumbfuck idea to make superpowered criminals work for the government this predictably goes hilariously horrifically wrong and she has to use the b squad of superpowered criminals to cover her rear end which part of that was hard to understand

i do agree with your interpretation that the original edit was probably way less chronological and that in the original edit we were supposed to be given most of the exposition in the form of flashbacks as the information becomes relevant or as the main cast learns it which just makes it all the more funnier that nobody could understand the story when it was presented in the most simplistic easily understood way possible

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Over Easy posted:

I just watched that new invisible man movie written and directed by the guy that wrote and directed upgrade a couple years ago and had a hand writing and directing a slew those saw movies before that

It was really good, very loving creepy and ended up be incredibly satisfying

that guy makes really solid movies, great use of a limited budget only 7 million

the bad guy is a SV creep so that was easy for me to buy into

too bad it stars an actual cultist freak

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

It's been a long time since I read it so yeah, it's probly succ as hell. I did see the author on Bill Maher once and he sounded like a jerkoff

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

No one's mentioned that in World War Z Russia turns into a repressive theocracy where women are forced to bear children for mader rasha.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Grevling posted:

No one's mentioned that in World War Z Russia turns into a repressive theocracy where women are forced to bear children for mader rasha.

So no difference

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

too bad it stars an actual cultist freak

all movie stars are problematic freaks

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Over Easy posted:

all movie stars are problematic freaks

scientologists are a special level of evil

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Taintrunner posted:

As far as cults are concerned they seem like a fairly typical kind of evil

Serf
May 5, 2011

the invisible man is a near-perfect movie. shoutout to the guy who plays the silicon valley freak's little brother, who is able to project a beaten-dog energy like none i've ever seen. without ever going over the top, the dude is just perfect at acting like a person with no loving spine due to years of fraternal abuse

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

absolutely

mission impossible fallout is one of the top 5 hollywood action movies of the last decade

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm watching Perpetual Grace, LTD. It's loving bonkers. Has anyone else watched it?? I'm only on episode 2.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Taintrunner posted:

Did Biden hold a $50k + fundraiser dinner with Miscavage yet?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

gradenko_2000 posted:

for what it's worth I watched all the way through this and thought it was excellent

thanks, and thanks for watching!

Some Guy TT posted:

i have never gotten the argument that the plot of suicide plot was muddled amanda waller has a dumbfuck idea to make superpowered criminals work for the government this predictably goes hilariously horrifically wrong and she has to use the b squad of superpowered criminals to cover her rear end which part of that was hard to understand

i do agree with your interpretation that the original edit was probably way less chronological and that in the original edit we were supposed to be given most of the exposition in the form of flashbacks as the information becomes relevant or as the main cast learns it which just makes it all the more funnier that nobody could understand the story when it was presented in the most simplistic easily understood way possible

i think a lot of people are so used to talking about films in terms of plot and plot holes, that when they don't like a film that's the first place they go, and with a little bit of effort you can find things to complain about in almost any film plot, y'know?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

josh04 posted:

thanks, and thanks for watching!

i think a lot of people are so used to talking about films in terms of plot and plot holes, that when they don't like a film that's the first place they go, and with a little bit of effort you can find things to complain about in almost any film plot, y'know?

Yeah, a lot of people really don't get the idea of looking at a movie in terms of what worked and what didn't, let alone trying to engage with it on its own terms. Many great movies don't make any sense when you look at the plot in a vacuum. And many bad movies have what could be a solid plot if accomplished better.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
A good cspam movie i just watched was The Counselor

A great film about the moral consequences of greed, and a meditation on the sociopathy of modern capitalism in general. I watched the DC apparently

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Three guys bragging about noticing the themes in a superhero movie, unlike the peasants

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

suicide squad made $746 million, friend, feel free to continue defending the authentic condition of the proletariat youtube film critic though lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keep making YouTube book reports for losers

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

i'm gonna, i love that poo poo. you do you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Now kiss