Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I googled it and was disappointed. Apart from a somewhat alarming illustration of the mechanicals of the thing, there was nothing that'd shock the average goon in 2020

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, I was disappointed too. Just a one time use fleshlight thing. I've seen sex dolls made with fake bones and buttholes held in place with balloons. My expectations were too high.

Oh, I know the pics weren't shocking or gross or anything. But just in case someone was browsing on a work/shared computer, I was merely rushing to get a warning in. I certainly wasn't expecting a sex toy named after a Garfield kitten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

uguu posted:

I'm looking for the story about a fat American girl who goes to Japan and is generally awful over there, but in the end she meets a grandma and everything turns out well.
It was written by the Japanese chick hosting her.

God, I remember this story so clearly. The girl was referred to as something like “Piggy-chan” or similar. I remember that she had brought an entire suitcase full of snacks with her because she was worried she wouldn’t be able to eat anything, and that there was an extended story about learning traditional Japanese dance.

I can’t find it, but I’ll keep looking. Also I’m pretty sure that the narrator was the fat girl’s cousin, but she had been living in Japan for a number of years and had a Japanese roommate, whose mother was the “reformer.”

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

uguu posted:

I'm looking for the story about a fat American girl who goes to Japan and is generally awful over there, but in the end she meets a grandma and everything turns out well.
It was written by the Japanese chick hosting her.

FOUND IT!

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatpeoplestories/comments/222374/chibiham_juicy_and_me_yokoso_chapter_1/

e: wow I forgot just how stdh.txt this story is

curlingiron fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 4, 2020

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

My hero!
How did you find it?

edit: I know, it's great ^^

uguu fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 4, 2020

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

uguu posted:

My hero!
How did you find it?

I remembered the “Chibi” part, and that was enough to find it again. I think my actual search was “chibi-chan fat girl” :v:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Normalman posted:

Something I've been missing so much, that I've wanted to see it again for all these years, but I can't for the life of me find out anything about it or if it's even up anymore.

Around when the Watchmen movie came out, there was a youtube diatribe by this extremely angry overweight geek about what a travesty the very idea was. Select quotes I remember, most being yelled while finger-waving at his camera...

"That's right, Watchmen is like THE BIBLE. And ALAN MOORE, is JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF!"

"YOU brought this nightmare upon us, you IGNORANT MASSES, you SHEEPLE! You've brought this darkness upon YOURSELVES!"

Etc, etc. I wish I could be more descriptive and I realize it's very likely been deleted at some point over the years, but it really delighted me and I wish I could see it again.

This reminds me of something...

When the "new" Star Trek movies with Chris Pine were announced, someone made a mash-up of the trailer for the new Star Trek movie with the episode of Star Trek where Kirk gets split in two. In it Shatner watches Pine on a viewscreen then starts pounding the console saying "I am Kirk, I am Kirk" anyway, IIRC it got taken off youtube for a DMCA violation, but if someone had it I would love to have a copy.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Someone waaaaay earlier in this thread asked for the second half of the “Creature” mini-series with Kim Cattrall. I said i had it on VHS and would video capture it soon. Well, now I have the time so I’ll do that this week and post it here (I hope you are still reading this thread)!

Half remembering another white whale - would be 1997-1998? An early internet game I played on a computer at the school my mom was teaching at? I think I was a giant robot? Looking back I think the robot was vaguely Voltron/Gundam-esque? And the first part of the game you’re flying through the sky, and then the second part you’re walking through the city, and you’re as big as the buildings. That’s literally everything I remember. Don’t know how I found the game, don’t know what website it was on. Game probably doesn’t even exist anymore.

Speaking of, this is more general - but is there any archive of all those great/terrible early Nick/Cartoon Network/Fox Kids/Kids WB Internet Flash games? I would love to be able to play them again.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Speaking of, this is more general - but is there any archive of all those great/terrible early Nick/Cartoon Network/Fox Kids/Kids WB Internet Flash games? I would love to be able to play them again.
check here? https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Another old game request.

Back in the VGA & BBS era I played a top down space combat game that was similar to Star Control 2's combat but had none of the trade and diplomacy extra stuff. It was two ships on screen at the same time. One of them shot short, alternating inch-long red lasers. The background was a brisk starfield. Part of the mechanic might have been using screen wrapping to get behind your opponent.

It would have been around 1993.

It was not Solar Winds, but it was similar in look and feel. Someone's hasty cheap clone.

Not Star Hammer either, but very, very close to that. Better frame rate to the graphics, but just as "thin" of a space game.

Queefer Sutherland
Mar 1, 2007
Waffles need not reply
Around 7ish years ago, there was a show on Discovery or one of those types of networks. It was about a genius who was in a different situation each episode, and showed how to make certain things for survival, and just for fun.

One episode he made a potato launcher that he shot through a metal grate in an attempt to make French Fries, and in another he made one of those redneck hot tubs.

I think “Genius” was in the title, but I’m stumped.

Queefer Sutherland
Mar 1, 2007
Waffles need not reply
Edit: I’m retarded.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Queefer Sutherland posted:

Around 7ish years ago, there was a show on Discovery or one of those types of networks. It was about a genius who was in a different situation each episode, and showed how to make certain things for survival, and just for fun.

One episode he made a potato launcher that he shot through a metal grate in an attempt to make French Fries, and in another he made one of those redneck hot tubs.

I think “Genius” was in the title, but I’m stumped.

hi stumped, i'm dad, does this look familiar ? https://stuckwithhackett.wordpress.com/2011/09/22/really-freaking-fast-food/

Queefer Sutherland
Mar 1, 2007
Waffles need not reply

Yes!!!!!!!!! You made my day.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Dude, if this has those weird Nickelodeon flash games that were on AOL I'll poo poo myself.

R.i.p. my Catalina/Suzee Space Cases digital trading card.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

This is incredible and exactly what I wanted! Thank you thank you thank you! Time to play a bunch of awful branded Flash games for the next week!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There is a post on the live forums about John flying the plane when he did as basically being a suicide note (I think, I can't find it) and I kinda want to read it again and remember the context. Anyone know what I'm talking about

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Oh mannn, I remember that show. He did one where he made progressively better air conditioning for an abandoned hotel room out of abandoned junk.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

This can be a cool thread where goons can post stuff they've been trying to find for years but have been unable to, like maybe the name of an old TV show, or a piece of media that they know exists but they cannot dig up, etc.

Mine is a short "film" that Sci-Fi channel used to show a lot in the mid to late 90s. It was called Suspicious and it starred Janeane Garofalo as a gas station clerk working the night shift. I remember it being a really creepy horror/thriller short. Here is the IMDB page for it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111324/

The director of the short used to have it on his YouTube page according to Google, but he has since deleted himself off YouTube. I've checked absolutely everywhere and have no idea how I can find this so that I may see it again. I'd really love to, if only so that I could try to close the chapter in my life of trying to see it again.

Anyway feel free to post your "white whale" and maybe with Goon Power® we can make each other's dreams come true.

I thought Janeane Garofalo was hot too. That sassy grrl power, who could resist?

I guess my white whale would be a weird short they used to show on HBO back in the late 70s/early 80s about this guy who gets eaten by audio tape.

I'm sure I would think it's really dumb now but back when I was 10 it was terrifying.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Back in 2003, there was a Fark photoshop thread for an ugly bridal veil and one of the posters turned it into a slug wedding. It showed the slug bride and the slug groom from behind, in front of the slug officiant. I found the original post but of course the images are long dead. I haven't been able to track down any current things from the guy who made it, either. He had a link to a website in his bio, but it's been, you know, 17 years.

I just want that slug wedding so bad! It was the wallpaper on our home PC for ages when I was in high school.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I played a browser game last year, or maybe 2018? That was spooky and had a long nonsense url, something like wekzndgjuaueuanjkadnkabgkjadbdkadkjgkadgkljabeju.com linked on a goon discord server. I asked around there and people remembered what I was talking about, but nobody had a link and it was old enough to be erased from the server's chatlog.

It was made mostly (entirely?) with old 2D video game sprites, from multiple games. All mashed together. You would wander across bizarre, dreamlike RPG tilesets that were littered with looping gifs of fighting game characters doing a combo, looping fire and explosion animations, and winged demons.

The gameplay was I guess a "walking simulator" where you were basically just moving your character through the different rooms/areas to read the next bit of narrative text. There wasn't any combat or item collecting. You just walked through weird landscapes and each portion started with kind of a diary style confession from the main character/yourself?

The story was something about the main character slowly transforming from a human into a succubus??? Each stage started with you waking up at night and feeling slightly different, and at the end you shed your humanity and flew off into the night as a demon???????

I remember some of the rooms had a loop of a song playing that repeated the words "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon" with a twangy guitar???

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 5, 2020

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

b mad at me posted:

I thought Janeane Garofalo was hot too. That sassy grrl power, who could resist?

I guess my white whale would be a weird short they used to show on HBO back in the late 70s/early 80s about this guy who gets eaten by audio tape.

I'm sure I would think it's really dumb now but back when I was 10 it was terrifying.

Recorded Live, a classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Qeee8D2Ro

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

abigserve posted:

A counterstrike YouTube video of Australian/new Zealand shittalking over all chat in the half time of a ranked match.

astonishingly I found this video when I started up an old phone I had (s4) and it was the last message I sent to anyone, dated 2015. What the gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDVeiunOMaI

it does not live up to the memory

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

A big titty goth gf

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I played a browser game last year, or maybe 2018? That was spooky and had a long nonsense url, something like wekzndgjuaueuanjkadnkabgkjadbdkadkjgkadgkljabeju.com linked on a goon discord server. I asked around there and people remembered what I was talking about, but nobody had a link and it was old enough to be erased from the server's chatlog.

It was made mostly (entirely?) with old 2D video game sprites, from multiple games. All mashed together. You would wander across bizarre, dreamlike RPG tilesets that were littered with looping gifs of fighting game characters doing a combo, looping fire and explosion animations, and winged demons.

The gameplay was I guess a "walking simulator" where you were basically just moving your character through the different rooms/areas to read the next bit of narrative text. There wasn't any combat or item collecting. You just walked through weird landscapes and each portion started with kind of a diary style confession from the main character/yourself?

The story was something about the main character slowly transforming from a human into a succubus??? Each stage started with you waking up at night and feeling slightly different, and at the end you shed your humanity and flew off into the night as a demon???????

I remember some of the rooms had a loop of a song playing that repeated the words "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon" with a twangy guitar???

this sounds like it was inspired by Yume Nikki, if you google around for "games inspired by yume nikki" maybe someone wrote about it?

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I think this is Black Room
http://cass.itch.io/blackroom

Oh yeah, here's the super jank link, too:
http://hgjfkdhskjdgturrgehdsbjkfhdsjkahturaytklfdjjfjfff.net/blackroom.html

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 5, 2020

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Half remembering another white whale - would be 1997-1998? An early internet game I played on a computer at the school my mom was teaching at? I think I was a giant robot? Looking back I think the robot was vaguely Voltron/Gundam-esque? And the first part of the game you’re flying through the sky, and then the second part you’re walking through the city, and you’re as big as the buildings. That’s literally everything I remember. Don’t know how I found the game, don’t know what website it was on. Game probably doesn’t even exist anymore.

Was it Shogo?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogo:_Mobile_Armor_Division

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I thought that too, but "Internet game" made me think he probably meant Flash. But maybe not, and you win!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Nooo it would def be a Flash/Shockwave game. Big sprite, you’re controlling the robot in a platformer-esque way. It probably is way too obscure to figure out, and I can’t even confirm my recollections are 100% correct. Just a couple images in the recesses of my mind.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Help me, Goontectives!

I'm about 90% sure this is part of the SCP Foundation but drat if I can remember its number! The story is about a Russian (Chinese?) entity, which kind of...slowly engulfs things and objects in encounters. It really stood out to me for the visceral quality of the writing, but also because it was illustrated, via a kind of diorama. It involved a number of people (I think there were three of them) in what looked like a small hut with a table and chair, all of which were absolutely covered with this pink, meat-like substance. It's like a tentacle-creature consumed them and made them part of itself. I'd really like to reread it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Astrofig posted:

Help me, Goontectives!

I'm about 90% sure this is part of the SCP Foundation but drat if I can remember its number! The story is about a Russian (Chinese?) entity, which kind of...slowly engulfs things and objects in encounters. It really stood out to me for the visceral quality of the writing, but also because it was illustrated, via a kind of diorama. It involved a number of people (I think there were three of them) in what looked like a small hut with a table and chair, all of which were absolutely covered with this pink, meat-like substance. It's like a tentacle-creature consumed them and made them part of itself. I'd really like to reread it.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-610

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Nooo it would def be a Flash/Shockwave game. Big sprite, you’re controlling the robot in a platformer-esque way. It probably is way too obscure to figure out, and I can’t even confirm my recollections are 100% correct. Just a couple images in the recesses of my mind.

check the site i linked earlier. they're trying to archive ALL the flash games and may have yours.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

InediblePenguin posted:

check the site i linked earlier. they're trying to archive ALL the flash games and may have yours.

Oh don’t worry I already downloaded it and am slowly making my way through it! “Robot” was one of the first things I searched for.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
A segment from a nature documentary from the 80's, probably BBC, possibly narrated by David Attenbourgh. It was about incompetent birds called hammerheads that lived in Southern Africa, it followed them over several years as they failed repeatedly to raise a chick. They kept killing them by mistake, one thing I remember was they choked one to death by feeding it a whole lizard as big as itself, it was funny but sad.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

yaffle posted:

A segment from a nature documentary from the 80's, probably BBC, possibly narrated by David Attenbourgh. It was about incompetent birds called hammerheads that lived in Southern Africa, it followed them over several years as they failed repeatedly to raise a chick. They kept killing them by mistake, one thing I remember was they choked one to death by feeding it a whole lizard as big as itself, it was funny but sad.

You might have better luck searching for “hamerkop”.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i want to find a youtube video that i think was called something like how to cut a mango like a native. guy took a knife and cut around the seam. took a spoon and got the pit from both sides. same spoon got the skin off and done. 2 big old hunks of mango ready to eat. fast. no wasted mango. safe to do while simply holding the mango in your hands. the guy did it in a couple seconds sitting outside on his steps

out of all ways thats definitely my favorite but the video or any that depict that way are gone. all you can find are terrible videos ranging from slashing at the mango with a knife while holding it :suspense: to ripping the peel off (while squeezing out all juice) then gnawing at the pit :psyduck: to cutting on the sides of the pit and usually throwing a lot away :rolleyes: to at best what i described but then scoring it on a cutting board to get large cubes

i already know that video will never turn up though

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 7, 2020

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I remember a scene from a movie or TV show I saw when I was younger, couldn’t have been later than 1995 or 1996 I would say.

I remember a scene in a WW2 submarine torpedo room, looked kinda like Das Boot but it wasn’t, as these guys are loading a torpedo the propellor starts up and a dude’s hand gets just absolutely chewed up, then suddenly it cuts and it’s a guy laying on a couch who wakes up and grabs his hand, obviously a nightmare and then the camera pans down and it shows he fell asleep reading a book about u-boats.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have a song that seems like it should be easy to find, but thanks to South Park, it's impossible.

Back in the late 90's I heard a song on an alternative station in Austin. The subject was James Cameron. I think it was about having a crush on him and how all his movies were great. It was a female singer. I have no idea if it was just a local/obscure indie band, or some B-side of a bigger band.

James Cameron song, however, just returns pages of South Park "Raising the Bar" results. Does anyone know this song?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Astrofig posted:

Help me, Goontectives!

Did I get it right?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Fatkraken posted:

'roni related sorta: a little while back (last few years) there was a very informative doc on mainstream UK TV (probably the BBC) about whvt happens when a virus invades a cell.

It was presented in a slightly overdramatic way, british narrator had a Bill Nighy type voice (might even have been him but there's nothing on his IMDB), main attraction though was it went down to the molecular level and many of the visuals were blob-per-atom CG animations of the virus making it's way through the body/cell. Hard to search for virus documentaries right now but it was super interesting and informative and I'd like to watch it again

Found it! It was "secret universe: the hidden life of the cell", narrator was David Tennant and it's being repeated tonight on BBC4, so that's nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Thanks, that's the one!

Now that I see it as an adult, it still weirds me out.

But I can appreciate that 70s LA vibe. I kept expecting Nicolette Larson to show up at the beginning.