Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

At what point do we stop accepting people with power/influence using polls and tweets as activism against someone who is taking active measures that are getting people killed right now?

If you tell me about people who are doing something right now, when the gently caress is it going to start working?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm sorry, but that is loving funny.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Technology will someday allow us to create a violin small enough to play over this.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Oh yeah literally telling our supporters to kill themselves might be a bad idea.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hC3uyQdQKM

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Godholio posted:

I'm sorry, but that is loving funny.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Midjack posted:

Technology will someday allow us to create a violin small enough to play over this.

https://vimeo.com/155570863

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Smaller than that.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-04/italy-daily-virus-fatalities-fall-to-681-lowest-since-march-26

quote:

Italy saw 681 new coronavirus fatalities on Saturday, including a police officer in Premier Giuseppe Conte’s security team, while authorities warned a return to normality in the country remains distant.

The daily toll was the lowest since March 26 and fell from 766 Friday, according to civil protection data. There were 4,805 new confirmed cases, an increase from 4585 a day earlier.

It's hosed up how 681 deaths in one day is a good sign because it's less than 766 the day before

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

That Works posted:

This is an important thread and cites all of the claims it makes at the end. Good for a reference if nothing else.

https://twitter.com/RomancingNope/status/1246234872663945217

Okay so let me see if I'm following this

Mass ordered a shipment of PPE, which was then confiscated by an undisclosed federal agency when it reached customs

So then they hatched a deal with Robert Kraft to use a Patriots plane to fly to China and pick up another shipment of PPE and bring it directly back without customs getting their hands on this one, effectively smuggling it into the country

Meanwhile the Trumps are saying "no it's OURS, NO SHARING"

Except they're letting companies sell PPE from the federal stockpile direct to hospitals, etc

And they're being allowed to use FEMA assets to do the logistics work for free

Did I miss a step

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Internet Wizard posted:

Okay so let me see if I'm following this

Mass ordered a shipment of PPE, which was then confiscated by an undisclosed federal agency when it reached customs

So then they hatched a deal with Robert Kraft to use a Patriots plane to fly to China and pick up another shipment of PPE and bring it directly back without customs getting their hands on this one, effectively smuggling it into the country

Meanwhile the Trumps are saying "no it's OURS, NO SHARING"

Except they're letting companies sell PPE from the federal stockpile direct to hospitals, etc

And they're being allowed to use FEMA assets to do the logistics work for free

Did I miss a step

Yeah the follow-on step where they distribute the PPE only to their political support because the other side is viewed as "the enemy of the people" who need to suffer and die.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

McNally posted:

I'm banning the next person who makes a post I find insufferable because Jesus Christ I'm sick of it.

Outright ban whoever the gently caress Pookbear is because they’re terrible.

In good news for Chicago, Rush medical has this to say. https://youtu.be/LxL4ZQkfZo8

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Internet Wizard posted:

You're wrong about this bit, but otherwise, yep.

The federal stockpile is operating as normal and it's direct federal-to-state transfers, no companies involved, but it's basically out. The trouble is that the feds (Donnie) can't figure out if they want to nationalize all of the replenishment requirements, or half-rear end it. So, states are bidding against states bidding against the feds, high bid wins until the poo poo gets delivered.

Donnie's trying to avoid the responsibility for the shortages, but his people are still Doing Things and buying/sending poo poo to the high-population states (or, red states!), so the low-priority states are literally working AROUND the feds to get their poo poo in secret.

It's kinda hosed!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
And he still has high approval ratings lmao

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Bush got 90% approval ratings after failing to read a report about Bin Laden striking the U.S.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Midjack posted:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

You're wrong about this bit, but otherwise, yep.

The federal stockpile is operating as normal and it's direct federal-to-state transfers, no companies involved, but it's basically out. The trouble is that the feds (Donnie) can't figure out if they want to nationalize all of the replenishment requirements, or half-rear end it. So, states are bidding against states bidding against the feds, high bid wins until the poo poo gets delivered.

Donnie's trying to avoid the responsibility for the shortages, but his people are still Doing Things and buying/sending poo poo to the high-population states (or, red states!), so the low-priority states are literally working AROUND the feds to get their poo poo in secret.

It's kinda hosed!

lol if it's just a straight up bidding war all the red states like mine that don't believe in taxes are even more turbofucked. Market Based Solutions!

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

shame on an IGA posted:

lol if it's just a straight up bidding war all the red states like mine that don't believe in taxes are even more turbofucked. Market Based Solutions!

Trump seized medical supplies in MA already.

I don’t think taxes will matter when it comes down to it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

His approval ratings are basically back to where they were, the culty 40%. drat near every state/local leader gained +20% or so as a rally around the flag effect, Donnie gained about 10%, and it's mostly gone now.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Yeah it's hard to spin to anyone but the most brainwashed when 1000 people are dying a day.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Having learned from Sanders' efforts, Joe Biden will be hosting a virtual fireside chat next week.

The link to watch costs $2800

https://secure.joebiden.com/onlineactions/lksKMIfCBUKi1-gGNZjPig2?fbclid=IwAR0v_se-D8317FXKSHQpIRgG4xfMSLrmjprQYzaCQ_-6Pglir5HMFJ7mLSk

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

^^loving LOL

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

Having learned from Sanders' efforts, Joe Biden will be hosting a virtual fireside chat next week.

https://secure.joebiden.com/onlineactions/lksKMIfCBUKi1-gGNZjPig2?fbclid=IwAR0v_se-D8317FXKSHQpIRgG4xfMSLrmjprQYzaCQ_-6Pglir5HMFJ7mLSk

goddamn that's so loving stupid

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Corona Joe

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
$2800 to hear Biden assure you nothing will fundamentally change

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
If you don't have $2800 to drop on a fundraiser you aren't worth being pandered to.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

SimonCat posted:

If you don't have $2800 to drop on a fundraiser you aren't worth being pandered to.

My wife and I are just going to use our Trumpbux check to listen in. Two adults and a child should net us 2900 dollars in taxable income.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

shame on an IGA posted:

This is their plan to replace big-donor events? And advertising it as a "fireside chat?" making it the worst of both possible worlds in terms of both optics and functional fundraising? loving :cripes:

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Hekk posted:

My wife and I are just going to use our Trumpbux check to listen in. Two adults and a child should net us 2900 dollars in taxable income.

A waste of money, but try to record it.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Checks out
https://twitter.com/JillDeming1/status/1246493164304818179

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bet her husband still lives in denial.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Better yet stream it on twitch.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

ita semper Idiotae

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

SimonCat posted:

A waste of money, but try to record it.

Ohh I was totally being facetious

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Hekk posted:

Ohh I was totally being facetious

Oh, thank God.

Also, does the standard Pro-Mask filter out the virus?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

shame on an IGA posted:

incredible. absolutely incredible.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

SimonCat posted:

Oh, thank God.

Also, does the standard Pro-Mask filter out the virus?

I believe yes so long as the little tab thing hasn’t changed color.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I wouldn't trust a pro mask to stop anything for long.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1246555048064278528?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i thought he was talking about hydrox cookies and it made as much sense