Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Musharraf posted:

0.000000000000001% of the global population has died! It's a mass extinction!!!!

OK Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
From 0 to full rage in 5 posts lol

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene
I just realized... this is like multiple 9/11s... gently caress!!!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Musharraf posted:

Did I trigger you, you utter loving imbecile? I have the same right to post here as everyone else does. Sorry you had to take time out of your "intelligent things posting" schedule, but you can still post your smart opinions alongside me, I promise it's ok.

You have the right to post, just like we have the right to call you a loving idiot for your inane comments

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
People are going to be worried about themselves and their friends and families whether or not you find it logical maybe don’t be so hard on people man

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Anyone else seeing the "pandumbic" as a new word today? As in, "Go to Fox News for all your pandumbic info!"

Seen it twice now. Made me chuckle.

E: ah, looks like it came from the Daily Show.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

d0grent posted:

You have the right to post, just like we have the right to call you a loving idiot for your inane comments

He does not in fact have a specifically enumerated right to post on these here forums.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

It's more of a privilege, really.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
I think we just need a "dance puppets dance" now and then we can all ascend to a higher plane of terrible posting

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Just save time and wear a jockstrap over your face.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Musharraf posted:

I just realized... this is like multiple 9/11s... gently caress!!!

Multiplying fractions is fuckin hard, too

i hate this situation

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I think this whole virus situation is bad and should probably go away.

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

d0grent posted:

Agreed. Who's "we" though? You and your crew of bullies? Is this how you want to be spending your time right now, calling some rando on the internet "a loving idiot" when you could be knitting face masks for your countrymen?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/CNNTonight/status/1246293858083889153

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
We are all in uncharted territory..

We are going to be short tempered and stressed out here, with defense mechanisms on full display.

I'm so glad to have your company. I check this thread every day, for news, and shared experiences, and possibly a heads up on the future. Thank you for posting itt goons. :love:

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Musharraf posted:

Agreed. Who's "we" though? You and your crew of bullies? Is this how you want to be spending your time right now, calling some rando on the internet "a loving idiot" when you could be knitting face masks for your countrymen?

ssssssshhhh shhhhh you are embarrassing yourself :P

I just thought id let ya know because im not sure you can tell

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

astral posted:

It's more of a privilege, really.

it's actually a curse if you think about it

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

My Shoes posted:

ssssssshhhh shhhhh you are embarrassing yourself :P

I just thought id let ya know because im not sure you can tell
Thanks friend, a cordial advice is appreciated in these trying times.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Musharraf posted:

Please, take your medicine

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Spinz posted:

We are all in uncharted territory..

We are going to be short tempered and stressed out here, with defense mechanisms on full display.

I'm so glad to have your company. I check this thread every day, for news, and shared experiences, and possibly a heads up on the future. Thank you for posting itt goons. :love:
I can say i fully feel the same.

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

poverty goat posted:

Here's a new article about how folding@home is helping and on that note we need you to help SA stay at the top of the leaderboard because everyone else has started mining proteincoins again as well. There is constant work right now. Be sure to join team 150 and use a passkey for bonus points.

We've been spearheading this over on the SH/SC BOINC/Grid computing thread, join us and watch the Numbers Go Up (the good kind)

BOINC/Grid computing: Numbers Go Up, Hardware Edition
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871439

Right now, I think contributing to projects like Folding@Home that could lead to a cure is probably the best thing we can be doing right now to save the world from COVID-19. They've been putting in a tremendous amount of work into crunching numbers that directly addresses SARS-CoV-2, and there's been more goon interest in contributing to them lately.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Speaking of sleeper agents ...

quote:

There have been 178 posts made by Musharraf, an average of 0.03 posts per day, since registering on Aug 26, 2004.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Musharraf posted:

Yeah, sorry I'm not like like all the highly intelligent goons in this thread who were like "you definitely don't need to wear a mask, it's only for sick people" until the hivemind shifted gears. Now you're basically a mass murderer if you don't wear one. Tomorrow it's going to be something else. Who gives a poo poo.

if you dont give a poo poo about the subject of a conversation a cool and easy thing to do is not participate in it

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cool cool glad to see this thread is doing well.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
it would be really cool if everyone wore a mask so that we do everything we can possibly think of to keep each other safe. Even if it only reduces risk a little bit, even if 10 years from now people say we were dumb and it didn’t help. At least we tried

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

Mithaldu posted:

Speaking of sleeper agents ...
You got me detective Mithaldu, I'm a Chinese sleeper agent getting paid $0.05 per post. Please give me more posts to respond to so my children don't starve.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Earwicker posted:

if you dont give a poo poo about the subject of a conversation a cool and easy thing to do is not participate in it

No, I'm sure it's extremely important to inform everyone that caring about what's happening right now is for dumb squares

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Tuxide posted:

We've been spearheading this over on the SH/SC BOINC/Grid computing thread, join us and watch the Numbers Go Up (the good kind)

BOINC/Grid computing: Numbers Go Up, Hardware Edition
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871439

Right now, I think contributing to projects like Folding@Home that could lead to a cure is probably the best thing we can be doing right now to save the world from COVID-19. They've been putting in a tremendous amount of work into crunching numbers that directly addresses SARS-CoV-2, and there's been more goon interest in contributing to them lately.

I swear I installed that same program on a computer in 2004. I'm a little dubious about the actual ability of it to produce results.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Here's something more helpful you can do: give blood.

I have.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Musharraf posted:

You got me detective Mithaldu, I'm a Chinese sleeper agent getting paid $0.05 per post. Please give me more posts to respond to so my children don't starve.
To be fair, i just found it funny that THIS thread breaks your decade+ winter sleep.

That said, to be good faith: I was one of the goons who's been calling for mask wearing very early on, and please. Wear a mask, for the sake of those you cherish.

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

Mithaldu posted:

That said, to be good faith: I was one of the goons who's been calling for mask wearing very early on, and please. Wear a mask, for the sake of those you cherish.
Does anyone know any cool ones I can order off eBay? Something that makes me look like a ninja turtle? Or, I guess that wouldn't work, since theirs only cover the eyes for some reason, but you know what I mean.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i mean, quarantine is poastin time

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I need women's bras to make masks.

Please mail me your bras

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Musharraf posted:

Does anyone know any cool ones I can order off eBay? Something that makes me look like a ninja turtle? Or, I guess that wouldn't work, since theirs only cover the eyes for some reason, but you know what I mean.

A mask ain't gonna help you stop looking like a pants on the ground fool.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Another Bill posted:

Here's something more helpful you can do: give blood.

I have.

does it have to be mine

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BAR OF SOAP INTO MY HANDS. ITS CREAM SOAP WITH ALMONDS AND OLIVE OIL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE HAND WASHING MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE RECOMMENDED HAND SANITIZING GUIDELINES FROM MY LOCAL HEALTH AUTHORITY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME CORONA VIRUS BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS VIRUS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO MY COLLEAGUES OVER ZOOM AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN QUARANTINE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE RECOMMENDED SOCIAL DISTANCING STEPS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNing

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Rodney posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BAR OF SOAP INTO MY HANDS. ITS CREAM SOAP WITH ALMONDS AND OLIVE OIL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE HAND WASHING MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE RECOMMENDED HAND SANITIZING GUIDELINES FROM MY LOCAL HEALTH AUTHORITY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME CORONA VIRUS BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS VIRUS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO MY COLLEAGUES OVER ZOOM AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN QUARANTINE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE RECOMMENDED SOCIAL DISTANCING STEPS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNing

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

Derpies posted:

A mask ain't gonna help you stop looking like a pants on the ground fool.
And voting Bernie ain't gonna help prevent the inevitable decline and ruin of your capitalist shithole country, yet here we both are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Musharraf posted:

Do this, but with a piece of 12x12 inch camo-patterned cloth. (I actually use my air force handkerchiefs since they're like 16x16 inches.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6QYaMTKxBQ

Or if you have a cool-patterned shirt to sacrifice, do this: