Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Ruffian Price posted:

The most dystopian part of this is how Zoom managed to plant itself as the genericized term for teleconferencing. All those idiots worrying about security and quality, when all it takes is having the shortest name to pronounce.

for me it was the thoroughly inane and useless bullshit he was saying that somehow deserves 100k+ a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

The only reason I gave this thing a whirl is because, well, water is just so dang boring to drink.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Feral Integral posted:

The only reason I gave this thing a whirl is because, well, water is just so dang boring to drink.
Drink more water, not even trying to be coy or anything, when I drank soft drinks and water side by side water was bland; now that i drink 95% water and the rest milk or tea water is so much tastier.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

rofl

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Zedd posted:

Drink more water, not even trying to be coy or anything, when I drank soft drinks and water side by side water was bland; now that i drink 95% water and the rest milk or tea water is so much tastier.

Tell it to the Gizmodo writer

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ruffian Price posted:

The most dystopian part of this is how Zoom managed to plant itself as the genericized term for teleconferencing. All those idiots worrying about security and quality, when all it takes is having the shortest name to pronounce.

I don't know, watching my otherwise security-obsessed IT department be browbeaten into supporting this dogshit program has been amusing

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
we live in the shittiest possible immediately pre-apocalyptic aesthetic

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

What's that? Dumb water bottles? Clearly you need Rebo

quote:

How do you make sure the credits go to collectors?
Our partners from Plastic Bank have an established reward system that uses electronic currency to reward people for the plastic bottles they collect. To ensure the rewards go to the hands of the collectors we will use :siren:blockchain:siren:. In simple terms, REBO will report the number of bottles users drink and Plastic Bank will report when the collectors get the rewards.

Who funds the credits?
The credits will be funded by individual and corporate sponsorships.

Their video pitch is a real trip, you keep expecting there to be a punchline, but it never comes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KupJgVupEtk

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

BottleCoins

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Ruffian Price posted:

:hmmyes:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Their video pitch is a real trip, you keep expecting there to be a punchline, but it never comes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KupJgVupEtk
Commercial:
“I drink max Rebo cuz I like jizz in my life”

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD75pvt7ThE

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

this is cool because it demonstrates how the wily ape is superior to humans. no person could do what that critter did there. instantly memorized the screen.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Rebo! The Diuretic Opera

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

uber_stoat posted:

this is cool because it demonstrates how the wily ape is superior to humans. no person could do what that critter did there. instantly memorized the screen.

We converted that part of our brain to language.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i could easily defeat that ape in rainbow six siege provided i had the drop on him

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Powered Descent posted:

Rebo! The Diuretic Opera

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Platystemon posted:

We converted that part of our brain to language.

its insanely fortunate that our ancestors followed a path including losing these types of abilities, of painful births, disgusting hairless bodies, damaged spines, and a need to eat cooked beans and meat daily all in sacrifice of letting us shitpost to eachother

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

uber_stoat posted:

lock a human in a room with nothing stimulating to do but hone that one skill in exchange for treats, i suspect they'd do alright

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

lock a human in a room with nothing stimulating to do but hone that one skill in exchange for treats, i suspect they'd do alright

this is america

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Bulgakov posted:

this is america

so, no treats?

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
apes have way better short term memory than us for whatever reason. I guess it’s to accurately comprehend an amount of peanuts or something

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Krankenstyle posted:

so, no treats?

you'll get a vending machine that management profits from and you'd better like it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

How do you communicate with a fellow intelligence?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

There's a fun vsauce episode on the monkey thing. I think it was for his YouTube red series.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Taeke posted:

There's a fun vsauce episode on the monkey thing. I think it was for his YouTube red series.

yeah, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktkjUjcZid0

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.thegamer.com/cooking-mama-bitcoin-cookstar-cryptocurrency-blockchain-switch/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Modest Mao posted:

disgusting hairless bodies

I mean, have you even seen goons.jpg?

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

uber_stoat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un-722TV89Y&t=132s

they are teaching that ape to fight

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean, have you even seen goons.jpg?

the missing linkneck

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

slavs are still people

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Feral Integral posted:

they are teaching that ape to fight

if joe rogan has taught me anything, it’s that chimps are already great fighters and insanely strong

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1246839486044127232

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Modest Mao posted:

its insanely fortunate that our ancestors followed a path including losing these types of abilities, of painful births, disgusting hairless bodies, damaged spines, and a need to eat cooked beans and meat daily all in sacrifice of letting us shitpost to eachother

Heh this is basically the plot to Blindsight.
Conscious, self-aware brains are an evolutionary dead end. They are too slow and require too much energy. Aliens begin to invade the solar system because humans broadcast their shitposts into space and the aliens interpret the waste of energy they spend trying to understand our shitposts as a threat they need to eliminate.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pulcinella posted:

Heh this is basically the plot to Blindsight.
Conscious, self-aware brains are an evolutionary dead end. They are too slow and require too much energy. Aliens begin to invade the solar system because humans broadcast their shitposts into space and the aliens interpret the waste of energy they spend trying to understand our shitposts as a threat they need to eliminate.

dont forget the vampires

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the PYF Procedurally Generated Content thread:

Paladinus posted:

So they're generating tits now. :nws:, obviously.

http://thesenudesdonotexist.com

Captain Hygiene posted:

:lmao:
Somehow individualized bespoke fake nudes was not the future I saw for AI

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ekuNNN posted:

From the PYF Procedurally Generated Content thread:

Ahahahaha

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1247162410131210240

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006