Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone else get the golden slingshot recipe due to the increased balloons?

Boy it's a good thing there's Nook Miles attached to this thing cause it's bad. Not a tri shot like past games and uncustomizable so there's no way to extend it's use. There doesn't seem to be any reason to make more than one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Macaluso posted:

What's the deal with this tarantula in glass here? It's in the fossil exhibit, none of the signs point to him. Where did he come from??

In case of burglary, break open jarantula.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Daisy Mae is in my town NOW for the next 4ish hours selling at 100. If you want one last buy/sell before it's your town's turn my gates are open.

https://turnip.exchange/island/804dd832

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I thought someone said you couldn't erase custom pattern paths like you can just putting a pattern on the ground? I can still do that outside the app.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Do not buy turnips before it's sunday in your town, they will rot at 5AM tomorrow

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Artic Puma posted:

Olivil and Buttflakes I have W/Y Cosmos, R/Y hyacinths, and O/R windflowers.

Dodo: 6F3TN

Closed now, thanks for everyone that stopped by and left gifts!!

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Would anyone be able to craft me any of the cherry blossom stuff that's not the wand or the petal pile?

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

homeless snail posted:

Do not buy turnips before it's sunday in your town, they will rot at 5AM tomorrow
If you're lucky enough to know someone selling above the buy price right now (or if it's you) you can do one last clear out before your own Sunday. I've done it before and its a great way to earn quick cash

But yeah, obviously don't buy up if you're close to that 5am threshold.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Restarted my island to be South Hemisphere to my partner's North. Played it real slow. Waited a week to build Nook's Cranny and as soon as I did, Tom got a phone call about potential future residents. By this point, I haven't recruited anyone nor visited a mystery island. So, today I used up the tickets I had stored and went hopping. After 4 terrible villager options, I ended finding Bob and invited him. It was my last ticket before I had to go into to the resident tent and talk to Nook.

Did I beat the game?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Chris Pistols posted:

I wondered about this! Appeared before I ever even saw a tarantula in the wild. Another mystery addition appeared further down that same aisle today for me...

I couldn’t figure out why I had a squid in that area, but now I see that they’re there to fill out the tree of life on the floor. The tarantula came with that amber, my squid came with an ammonite, and I’ve also got a crab to go with a trilobite.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

What's the deal with this tarantula in glass here? It's in the fossil exhibit, none of the signs point to him. Where did he come from??

it is not a trap, get closer to the glass
- signed, not the tarantula

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Yeah it's just showing throughlines to modern species.

The museum owns, basically.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Reminder that I will come craft the Ironwood Kitchenette and it’s prerequisites if you shoot me a PM with your dodo code.

You provide the mats.

Total for all 3 is:

2 Hardwood
7 Wood
8 Iron

A peek at your shops is all I need in return.

Is it just me or is the fashion game in this way above what it was in New Leaf? I put HOURS into New Leaf and can barely remember ever buying clothes. Now I’m constantly looking to put together hot new fits. I dress better in game than I do in real life. 😀

Edit: if someone wants to add this to the OP I’m cool with that. I can usually get on within 15 mins of being PM’d if I’m not already on. And I have seen a lot of ppl looking for that kitchenette. I got super lucky finding the recipes.

HaB fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 4, 2020

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

LizzieBorden posted:

Would anyone be able to craft me any of the cherry blossom stuff that's not the wand or the petal pile?

If you don't mind hosting, I'll bring you sakura-wood wall and floor and the sakura umbrella. :)

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Montalvo posted:

There’s no way to put down diagonal paths, is there?

What do you have against 90 degree angles? But no, you cannot have diagonal paths. And god help you if you have a diagonal bridge, because your paths will never look right when trying to connect up

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Regular balloon colors don't mean anything, I'm getting annoyed seeing the original of that image getting passed around on twitter.

Amars
Jan 4, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Dang City is open for last minute turnip sales! Turnip price is 165.

Dodo code: Done for now! Thanks everyone!

I'll be open for about an hour.

Amars fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 5, 2020

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Anyone know how you can get rid of terrible villagers? That icky clown Pietro moved in against my will! Help me kick out freaky ram, please!

(Also, thank you everyone who visits, or let's me visit. It is cheering me up a lot, while I try to recover from Corona. Yes, real Corona, tested positive last Friday)

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Dodo code 1D82Q

We have poop hats, goatees, leather jackets and all the fruits. Please don’t trample my flowers, I’ll be afk by Resident Services for a bit. Turnip prices are bad

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Anyone know if I can go to other towns with KK Slider concerts and collect more bootlegs?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BattyKiara posted:

Anyone know how you can get rid of terrible villagers? That icky clown Pietro moved in against my will! Help me kick out freaky ram, please!

(Also, thank you everyone who visits, or let's me visit. It is cheering me up a lot, while I try to recover from Corona. Yes, real Corona, tested positive last Friday)

Just gotta hope they decide to leave. Ignoring them/netting them doesn't effect anything

If you have an amiibo card you can scan a replacement in (in 3 days) to remove and replace. Or if you roll a random camper there's a chance they'll ask to replace them (though they'll pick someone at random and it's take it or leave it at that point)

Man sucks to hear that you're sick though, sincerely hope you don't have it too bad and recover quickly :shobon:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anyone else get the golden slingshot recipe due to the increased balloons?

Boy it's a good thing there's Nook Miles attached to this thing cause it's bad. Not a tri shot like past games and uncustomizable so there's no way to extend it's use. There doesn't seem to be any reason to make more than one.

Wait does customizing a tool refresh its durability?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

causticBeet posted:

Wait does customizing a tool refresh its durability?

It creates a "new" item, as far as the game is concerned.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Wish I had Pietro :( I got a boring frog for my mandatory smug.

Although I got ugly boy Rasher moving in once I invite him to camp one more time. Ugly villagers are underrated.

Boring frog Henry did ask me to do my first treasure hunt today though so I don't hate him. My KK concert is tomorrow. Two smugs, two lazies, a normal, an uchi, a peppy, a jock, and soon a cranky. Just need a snooty. Always liked snooties more than uchis but clearly crankies and lazies are the best. They really made lazies super cute in this, Hugh just keeps coming out with amazing things that make me love him more :3:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Pietro is moving into my island by invite, lol. Was sort of reluctant but I need to get my villagers up and he was over camping, vov.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So someone earlier asked about crafting using foreign fruit, and here are the results:

Juicy Apple TV:
10 apples (sell price 5k)
2 iron (sell price 750)

Tommy will only buy the TV for 3,500 though, which means he's valuing the apples as if they were a native fruit.

So in conclusion sell your foreign fruits, don't bother crafting with them.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Goodpart posted:

Daisy Mae is in my town NOW for the next 4ish hours selling at 100. If you want one last buy/sell before it's your town's turn my gates are open.

https://turnip.exchange/island/804dd832

It's still Saturday in my game. If I buy now, will they rot tomorrow?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Duke posted:

Dodo code 1D82Q

We have poop hats, goatees, leather jackets and all the fruits. Please don’t trample my flowers, I’ll be afk by Resident Services for a bit. Turnip prices are bad

:tipshat:
Got my poophat and leather jacket right at the start of goonswarm, fortunately they saved when I got kicked out for some kinda connection bug.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

LastGoodBoy posted:

It's still Saturday in my game. If I buy now, will they rot tomorrow?
Yes, but if you can sell before then you're good. Don't buy if you can't! :)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dang, KK didn't recognize "Go K.K Rider!"

If you input something he doesn't recognize he'll just play another song and not tell you that you got it wrong till after. (Thought I didn't get an air check.)

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Goodpart posted:

Yes, but if you can sell before then you're good. Don't buy if you can't! :)

This feels like a super good exploit

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Player 2 can indeed terraform. All 5 wasps need to be done in the same day. My will be done

I had like 50,000 nook miles so my partner opened up our last villager plot this morning and I spent hours trying to find one of a few villagers that we were interested in.

Rejected villagers:
Biff
Hippeux the horrible trump hippo
Papi
Raddle
Pashmina
Apollo
Hippeux again like a loving bad dream
Marina
Winnie
Coco the cursed rabbit golem
Boyd
Alli
Cashmere
Rooney
Greta
Cranston
Soleil

Then finally I got a villager with my irl name so he was a must-add

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

LastGoodBoy posted:

This feels like a super good exploit
One of the few benefits of being Australian :)

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Dang, KK didn't recognize "Go K.K Rider!"

If you input something he doesn't recognize he'll just play another song and not tell you that you got it wrong till after. (Thought I didn't get an air check.)

I have this song. DM me and I can give you a Dodo code to come and pick up the song so you can catalog order it

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Poque posted:

Player 2 can indeed terraform. All 5 wasps need to be done in the same day. My will be done

I had like 50,000 nook miles so my partner opened up our last villager plot this morning and I spent hours trying to find one of a few villagers that we were interested in.

Rejected villagers:
Biff
Papi
Raddle
Pashmina
Apollo
Marina
Winnie
Boyd
Alli
Cashmere
Rooney
Greta
Cranston
Soleil

Wow Marina and Coco are two of the most wanted, you hosed up rejecting those two. They're also both really good, I've never had Marina but had Coco in NL and she's a sweetheart. I hope in the future you get Hippeaux as a random :mad:

e: was your villager irl name Jay bc that's my name and I was stoked in NL to get that dumb jock bird, it'd be good to see him again in this one

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 4, 2020

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is my first animal crossing game and after about 70 hours I can say that im done with it. I noticed that my last new logins felt more like obligations to not miss the daily check-ins and resource respawns than something I was looking forward to.

5/5 excellent game. The time I spent was very enjoyable, im just not motivated to play more. Ill see everyone in another decade when the next one comes out

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Poque posted:

Rejected villagers:
Biff
Papi
Raddle
Pashmina
Apollo
Marina
Winnie
Boyd
Alli
Cashmere
Rooney
Greta
Cranston
Soleil

dang you turned down a few real good ones

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I cannot loving believe anyone would reject coco

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

This is my first animal crossing game and after about 70 hours I can say that im done with it. I noticed that my last new logins felt more like obligations to not miss the daily check-ins and resource respawns than something I was looking forward to.

5/5 excellent game. The time I spent was very enjoyable, im just not motivated to play more. Ill see everyone in another decade when the next one comes out
You'll be back, Earth Day is in 3 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
how can you write "cursed rabbit golem" and not realize that by that description alone she is obviously the coolest villager to exist