Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

i like the windflowers and hyacinths the best. my fav area of my island is this section of windflowers that accent this tiny pond perfectly

https://twitter.com/qss12222323/status/1245583625757716481?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how do you make rare flowers...?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If two flowers of the same type are next to each other and watered for the day they have a chance of spawning a rare color of that flower overnight. Most commonly simple stuff like red+white=pink, but there are other combinations as well. Like to get blue windflowers you gotta breed a white with a white.

Watering is a huge pain for bigger fields though so you'll likely only see rare spawns after it rains. Just start planting two flowers of the same type next to each other and look for surprises every morning.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 4, 2020

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Planting them in a checkerboard pattern with the spaces in between empty seems to be the best way to make cross breeds. It's also really easy to water since the can pours 180 degrees

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Planting them in a checkerboard pattern with the spaces in between empty seems to be the best way to make cross breeds. It's also really easy to water since the can pours 180 degrees
Bro you ain't seen my fields lmao. I craft 4 watering cans before heading out for the night.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Important to keep in mind: in the checkerboard pattern, the flowers you are breeding are the ones diagonal from each other so make sure that those will create a hybrid

e: i also learned that customizing a tool resets its durability so sometimes i just change the color of the watering can instead of bringing multiples, wood, etc

que sera sera fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 4, 2020

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bloodborne NPC: Bro you ain't seen my fields lmao. I craft 4 watering cans before heading out for the night.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Putting a tired looking face on my husband's character, and using the Call Resident App to put him in follower-mode & having it run around after me as a follower while he looks miserable re-creates the experience of going to IKEA perfectly.

If anyone is planning on opening gates and have any kind of lilies, yellow chrysanthemums or yellow daisies, then I'd def like to stop by & buy some seeds.

que sera sera posted:

yeah its slow, but it's fun to make the rounds and see what's sprouted

Same! Making the rounds and spotting new colours is my favorite part of the AC routine atm.

WEEDCAT posted:

lol

I got a Box Corner Sofa today, made me think there might be a corner counter out there for you.

:pray:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

American McGay posted:

Bro you ain't seen my fields lmao. I craft 4 watering cans before heading out for the night.

Pro tip: Customizing your water can (and every other tool besides axes) refreshes their durability :eng101:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
While I appreciate the thought, that's actually a dumb pro tip because in that scenario I'd have to mentally monitor the hypothetical durability of the item as I was using it and only apply the customization right before I thought it was in danger of breaking.

Also customization kits are fairly expensive and at this point in the game I'm swimming in ore.

If durability of items were visible I might consider that strat, but as it stands now I'll just craft as many as I think I'll need beforehand.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’ve thought about just carrying a diy table with me, but I hate wasting inventory slots. I do wish a diy table in your house would access all the crafting materials in your storage.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish you could craft in multiples :(

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

any interest ?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Grandmother of Five posted:

Putting a tired looking face on my husband's character, and using the Call Resident App to put him in follower-mode & having it run around after me as a follower while he looks miserable re-creates the experience of going to IKEA perfectly.

If anyone is planning on opening gates and have any kind of lilies, yellow chrysanthemums or yellow daisies, then I'd def like to stop by & buy some seeds.

Same! Making the rounds and spotting new colours is my favorite part of the AC routine atm.

:pray:

i have yellow mum seeds for sale and a free bag sitting out

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

heeheex2 posted:

any interest ?

ive been giving one my my villagers japanese stuff and would like this

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Grandmother of Five posted:

Lolol that’s so cute, multiplayer sounds cool

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

elf help book posted:

ive been giving one my my villagers japanese stuff and would like this

do u still need somewhere to sell turnips too i've got em for 135 or something

e: island open, cats at bean islan

heehee fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 5, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
K.K. Disco slaps.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

I didn't get K.K. to appear until today so I won't get my first concert til next week, drat. Oh well, I'll just have to spruce up the place more for his next visit...

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

checked my fitting room, cool stuff (wearing cyber glasses and bath towel too)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

K.K. Disco slaps.

It’s one of my favorites. I’ve got a bit of a Japanese theme going on in my living room though so I’ve usually got King KK or KK Jongara going and they’re both really comfy songs

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
It is super cool how many villagers there are. I've visited a bunch of islands by now, and I've only twice so far seen a villager appear on more than one island iirc.

elf help book posted:

i have yellow mum seeds for sale and a free bag sitting out

Nice! It got too late for me, but definitely visiting again sometimes you've got gates open :) Your island is cool, but I forgot to check your house out @ first visit after visiting all the villagers.

que sera sera posted:

Lolol that’s so cute, multiplayer sounds cool

We played 2-4 player co-op for a fair amount of hours, and somehow all failed to realize that you can change party-leader easily with the motion controls. Maybe it is explained in-game & we missed it since none of us are native English speakers, but for a looooong time we changed party leader by using the app which means opening the phone, scrolling to the second page of apps, and then selecting a menu that has a prompt, which maybe doesn't sound too bad, but you're going to want to switch party leader like every other minute.

Then i whined elsewhere about how cumbersome changing party-leader is, and someone pointed out that you can just use the motion control and whoever presses in after is party-leader & that works nice & fluid. Sort of like playing a game for 20 hours and then being told that you can jump.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Turnips are 91 this morning, up for about 3 more hours

52G3Y

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Turnips are 91 this morning, up for about 3 more hours

52G3Y

Thanks for hosting, your town is looking awesome. By the way I found a couple DIY recipes in bottles while I was looking around and left them next to you, they were both ones I don't have yet but didn't feel right just taking without knowing if you needed them.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I bought 400k of turnips so everyone please post your turnip prices every day in the morning AND afternoon thanks in gameboy advance.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Ristolaz posted:

I bought 400k of turnips so everyone please post your turnip prices every day in the morning AND afternoon thanks in gameboy advance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Will do. I didn't buy any turnips this week but I'll keep my eyes peeled

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ristolaz posted:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ristolaz posted:

ill only post mine if there good

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

ill only post mine if there good

thank you. this is implied

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i would have posted it anyway

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its also good to post if its comically low

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I saw a 23 last week. The nerve of those fuckers.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

American McGay posted:

I saw a 23 last week. The nerve of those fuckers.

Tommy just spits when you ask him turnip price

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Welp Canberra moved out today, and then on my next Nook Miles Tour I run into Katt, a favorite of mine from New Leaf. Hell yes!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HalfHazard posted:

Welp Canberra moved out today, and then on my next Nook Miles Tour I run into Katt, a favorite of mine from New Leaf. Hell yes!

Lucky, I’ve been burning through tickets trying to find my New Leaf favorites with no luck. Although Rudy was one of my starting villagers in both games, which seems extraordinarily unlikely. I had to look it up to see if he was scripted to be your first villager or something

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

I spent like 20,000 nook miles trying to find a replacement for fauna which turned out to be a bad idea because you need nook miles to unlock terraforming and paths lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/RoumRabbit/status/1246565402626293760

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Flick and CJ have never came to my island the pieces of poo poo.