Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Disney’s picking up the premiums for furloughed employees.

Wife is union so we’re waiting and seeing how that goes for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Cais posted:

Disney’s picking up the premiums for furloughed employees.

With that and the extra $600/week in mind, this may actually be the best overall result for a lot of the low-level employees... if the California and Florida unemployment aid systems can keep up enough to actually process everyone.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
... Aw drat it, do I have to start stressing about the parks not reopening in June now?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

About how long does it take to get from the Poly to Animal Kingdom Lodge/Boma, and from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Animal Kingdom?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Clawtopsy posted:

... Aw drat it, do I have to start stressing about the parks not reopening in June now?

Uh...yes? It’s gonna be a long while

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

June? Florida only started an actual statewide lockdown yesterday, and it's one that allows churches to remain open and that overrides the originally more strict stay at home orders of some cities. Try, like, August maybe.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Clawtopsy posted:

this isn't a great post after reading people are being furloughed

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well you can afford a trip with that one time payment of 1200 trump bucks!!!

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Depends if Disney is still offering insurance or kicking everyone off. And because FLorida's governor is a Trump lover I doubt they'll get another opening for obamacare

Disney is still providing insurance and Disney Aspire to anyone using those benefits who is furloughed.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

We've had the reservation for a while now and already moved it once, and my partner and I have been quite stressed during all of this.

I'm sorry I didn't appropriately commiserate for those in financial strife first. Obviously, I wish financial stability and safety for all those employees affected by this.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
But for real, the church thing is mind bogglingly dumb. I hope some smarter pastors and diocese make the smart decision to keep their doors closed.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Disney called me to cancel a May reservation yesterday. I think a June 1 opening is iffy, if I'm being kind. Clawtopsy, if you want to move your res again to later in the year, let me know. The offer is good til September if you book by May 31. September is not a horrible time to go, assuming things are back open.

I know a lot of people that are hoping for a June reopening, but man, it's not looking very likely at this point to me. But I'm no expert.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Thank you for the update - We’re going to sit tight for now with fingers and toes crossed, but if more information becomes available we’ll probably change the date again.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I’m betting when things get back to normal it’s going to be slow rolled reopenings of any large gatherings so big concerts, festivals, conventions, and theme parks are probably going to be held back further.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

couldcareless posted:

But for real, the church thing is mind bogglingly dumb. I hope some smarter pastors and diocese make the smart decision to keep their doors closed.

Technically churches are exempt where I live as well, though there's been talk about forcibly closing them as well. However, most pastors here took responsibility and closed earlier than even the second round of lockdown and started live streaming instead.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I don't see Disney opening until July if I had to take a guess. More than likely there will be another 30 day stay at home order after this one. That'll take us to the beginning of June. Even if they said, ok free to roam around now on June 1st, the parks won't just open on that date. All the people they've sent home, nothing has been running for months, it's going to take weeks for them to get everything back up and running after the all clear sign is given.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I was talking to a friend about how the reopen would work. I suggested soft opening to Florida residents first so the parks aren’t immediately rushed and it avoids international flights being encouraged in case there is another shutdown.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Calling late September/into October for theme parks in FL to open as they were before this. If then. That's my bet.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
post your best trader sams drink recipes and trader sams virtual backgrounds for zoom calls

last night i spent a while ogling nautiluses on ebay while my friends shouted at me about how they cost half as much at trader sams

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
For real, I'll take some tiki recipes. I was just digging through beachbum's recipes to see what I wanted to stock

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I've been using this recipe for Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Riki Rum for a while and it seems close enough to the real thing

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJS3TkX21_o

This has been on a TV or two in my house the last few weeks...

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Oh my God thank you for that

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

My Dole Whipped pals and I are having a virtual Trader Sam's date tomorrow night. My friend is making a Tiki Rum for herself. I will be having my recipe for a Dole Whip smoothie.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Threw together some hellish version of the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum using what I had on hand so I didn't have to leave. Not the worst honestly. Cheers friends.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Mustang Coffee from Nomad Lounge for me :woop:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Well now I’m going to the store to get stuff for Shrunken Zombie Heads.

Wanted to do Krakatoa Punch but I’m not going to a grocery store for freakin’ POG juice.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Icedude posted:

I've been using this recipe for Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Riki Rum for a while and it seems close enough to the real thing

nice i just made it and it tastes correct

Fartington Butts posted:

Wanted to do Krakatoa Punch but I’m not going to a grocery store for freakin’ POG juice.

post ur recipe

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Not that the Polynesian Pearl is hard but I also made one today. I'm now intoxicated. I use pineapple and OJ because it turns out it's hard to find POG Juice in New England.

0.5 oz Cinnamon Syrup (2 pumps)

3 oz POG Juice

1 oz Grand Marnier

1.5 oz RumChata

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Permits Filed for Gutting of Stitch’s Great Escape

https://blogmickey.com/2020/04/permits-filed-for-gutting-of-stitchs-great-escape-at-magic-kingdom/

Hadn't seen this yet

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Fartington Butts posted:

gotta post those recipes

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.themeparkprofessor.com/2020/03/make-your-favorite-trader-sams-drinks-at-home/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

From a link in that article, this could be a pretty gruesome avatar.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Jenny would definitely touch that

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Jenny would definitely touch that

Jenny would tie that up and put it on her bed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyWlxq2kOvw

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheKevinRubio/status/1246587277603565569

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Still running through the queue from March

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
The tech that starts detecting wait times turns on automatically at park open for most rides, so I am sure that it sometimes sends that info to MDX and that's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Disney announced they’re suspending pass payments and refunding payments made since the parks closed.

Passholders who bought a ticket outright have the choice of extending the pass or getting a prorated refund.