Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just as a update on my Cherry-Blossom List

-Wallpaper (Boards)
-Wall Clock
-Viewing Lamp
-Pile
-Backpack
-Wand
-Stone
-Picnic
-Field Flooring

I've seen a second wallpaper that looks like you're in a forest of pink trees so I assume that's A Thing too.

Yep. The pink tree wall is A Thing. I have it. Cherry-blossom-trees wall. It's animated with falling petals. There's also a second flooring; Sakura-wood flooring. Pink boards like the other wall.

There's an umbrella too. It's a giant cherry blossom. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

eating only apples posted:

I don't have online so I think the worst shame is that I can't get pears or peaches or various flowers without paying money. I mean I'll get it eventually because I can afford it, but it really doesn't seem fair to gate basic things like fruits and flowers behind payment

I can't remember, I know there's a low probability of finding a different fruit on Nook islands, but is it limited to just one alternate? Online's a good deal in general since it's cheap, but it seems weird to not have at least some way to eventually collect more of the other varieties without it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't remember, I know there's a low probability of finding a different fruit on Nook islands, but is it limited to just one alternate? Online's a good deal in general since it's cheap, but it seems weird to not have at least some way to eventually collect more of the other varieties without it.

nook island gets you a different fruit, mom sends you another different fruit. for all we know you might get more from your mom or earth day or some other event down the line

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what is ‘aircheck’

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Super No Vacancy posted:

what is ‘aircheck’

The music record you get from K.K. or Nook Shopping. K.K. calls them airchecks and I never really questioned it.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Stux posted:

its not grindy, it lasts for 12 days and with the rates on eggs youd get everything with moderate play over the 12 days. the issue is everyones at home and playing it a lot and have "finished" the event after 4 days.

It's definitely grinding me down, though. There are eggs wherever I look, and whatever I do. Today, I was doing some landscaping, and the unceasing whooshing of the clown balloons overhead finally made me turn off the music (which I usually enjoy). I am also told that there will be a fishing tournament on the 11th. So look forward to that intersecting with water eggs.

And More fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 5, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

The White Dragon posted:

my random smug was keaton, who is an a-class villager at least. my random 4th and 5th however must be removed

Who'd ya get? I grew to love my weirdo first two so surely you can love your guys

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've only ever found cherries on islands, and then only once or twice :( And I've never seen roses or mums so I don't know how that works. I'm sure it'll be a thing later, but it sucks to wait. Again I can afford online so it's by my choosing but I'm sure others aren't in the same position, it feels strange to be so restrictive.

e: the switch belongs to my partner who isn't playing the game but wants to. everything online asks me to link my own nintendo profile, which will be permanently assigned to this console. I have a nintendo account but don't want to link it if it locks my partner out of other things?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think they really expect most people to trade all the fruits and flowers, its been like this since even before AC had online. Every little random thing that serves as the distinguishing factors that make each person's town unique, fruits, flowers, villagers, grass shapes (i think they got rid of these in NH though? hosed up), town layouts. Everyone has their own personalized Animal Crossing experience

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

homeless snail posted:

I don't think they really expect most people to trade all the fruits and flowers, its been like this since even before AC had online. Every little random thing that serves as the distinguishing factors that make each person's town unique, fruits, flowers, villagers, grass shapes (i think they got rid of these in NH though? hosed up), town layouts. Everyone has their own personalized Animal Crossing experience

I'm also holding off on going online, and it's not that bad. The lack of variety when it comes to flower types is kind of a bummer, though. That's a major part of the normal AC experience I have no access to. Like, I don't have roses in my town. It's really weird.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Lucha's got a pretty sweet setup.

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1246597485616717824

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

He's pretty great overall. From the present he gave me today, though (an exercise ball), he evidently keeps a collection of mint-in-box exercise equipment, so...good for him I guess? :confuoot:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

drat, Lucha rules!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

My campsite smug is Kidd who seems pretty excellent all over. He's a blue goat who wanders around with a cup of coffee at all times and wears a cool leather jacket.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I got an invite in the mail from Sea Island, but I wasn't able to get on the game until just now, sorry.

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Guess what? You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?

For the next bit I'll be hosting at DodoCode™ 2BJPQ while I cook
Noble Dress
Royal Crown (1.2m bells)
Ninja Outfit
and a couple other things people may want are available
2BJPQ

closed thanks all for coming

Zomblified fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 5, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

homeless snail posted:

grass shapes (i think they got rid of these in NH though? hosed up)

Did they? I have triangles, does everyone else also have triangles?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nook islands have a small chance to have a non-native fruit, but it will -always- be the same non native fruit.
For what it's worth, my native is Apple, mom sent me Pear, and my island rare is Orange.

e: My native flower is Pansy, I'm able to buy hyacinths and windflowers, I swear I was able to buy tulips at one point but I feel like i haven't seen them in awhile.
I think my grass shape is triangle. I think it's not random.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Is the animal crossing switch very sought after? My nook stop is selling it so I bought one for catalog purposes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Did they? I have triangles, does everyone else also have triangles?
Triangles is all I've seen, which i guess everyone already agreed was the best shape anyway, but you can't have good without bad

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Who'd ya get? I grew to love my weirdo first two so surely you can love your guys

rhonda and papi

papi is okay but he gets fleas multiple times a day, which while it may be rng is just gross

rhonda leave

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

homeless snail posted:

Triangles is all I've seen, which i guess everyone already agreed was the best shape anyway, but you can't have good without bad

I liked my NL circles :(

The White Dragon posted:

rhonda and papi

papi is okay but he gets fleas multiple times a day, which while it may be rng is just gross

rhonda leave

oof

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Nook islands have a small chance to have a non-native fruit, but it will -always- be the same non native fruit.
For what it's worth, my native is Apple, mom sent me Pear, and my island rare is Orange.

OK thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking. Peaches are my main fruit, I know I've randomly found pears a few times, but I couldn't remember for sure whether I'd seen anything else.

e: mom still hasn't sent me anything :smith:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I get the same non-native fruit on mystery islands as the one my mom sent me :(

That should have been 1 in 16 odds but a surprising number of people reported the same when I asked on Twitter

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 5, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Native oranges, mum sent apples, I found cherries.

I obviously wanted apples (thanks ma) but I really wanted peaches :(

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

SeXReX posted:

I get the same non-native fruit on mystery islands as the one my mom sent me :(

Same.

Anyway I was having a hard time deciding where to put my museum as part of my new park. Original plan was right up in front of the double waterfall I made as a backdrop but then I realized I could do better and make more room for a soccer field or something:

Now I gotta find something suitably fancy to top those bits of cliff on the sides.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

e: the switch belongs to my partner who isn't playing the game but wants to. everything online asks me to link my own nintendo profile, which will be permanently assigned to this console. I have a nintendo account but don't want to link it if it locks my partner out of other things?

It kind of depends on whether you have your own profile on your partner's switch. If you're using a separate profile, it's probably not a big deal.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

Republicans posted:

Same.

Anyway I was having a hard time deciding where to put my museum as part of my new park. Original plan was right up in front of the double waterfall I made as a backdrop but then I realized I could do better and make more room for a soccer field or something:

Now I gotta find something suitably fancy to top those bits of cliff on the sides.

That looks SO dope! If only they didn’t get rid of the art wing, you could of had marble statues on either side!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Man, some of you are really into fishing. I usually like fishing minigames, but I hate how awkward it is to aim the rod.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Republicans posted:

Same.

Ooooooo that is nice.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Republicans posted:

Same.

It looks rad, but how are you actually gonna get to the sides without completely undoing the whole thing?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Color Printer posted:

Yeah, that was my second request. Actually did get the song for that one

Wait we can request more than one?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I finally succumbed and, after a lot of searching, found a physical copy at list. So, dumbass question, is there any way to rotate the camera? It's not either joystick or the D-pad. And why shouldn't you minus out?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

And More posted:

It looks rad, but how are you actually gonna get to the sides without completely undoing the whole thing?

It's super easy, you can just use the water landscaping to turn off the waterfalls and I can build temp footspace with cliff landscaping.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yes, but you only get a recording of the first (valid) request.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yeah, but he'll only give the music record to the first song he's play that has one.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I finally succumbed and, after a lot of searching, found a physical copy at list. So, dumbass question, is there any way to rotate the camera? It's not either joystick or the D-pad. And why shouldn't you minus out?

Nah you can only rotate camera in houses, which is a bummer.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I just found Ribbot, a frog robot. Of course I'm inviting it to my island!

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

There's a meteor shower, and Celeste is here.

973QT

Otherwise, my island is pretty bare bones. I would appreciate some star fragments to make the wand Celeste gave me a recipe for, if anyone has some to spare.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Republicans posted:

It's super easy, you can just use the water landscaping to turn off the waterfalls and I can build temp footspace with cliff landscaping.

That's amazing to me. I've been messing with that stuff today, and even the simplest change has been a massive struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

And why shouldn't you minus out?

Don’t do it to “quickly leave” someone else’s island, because it ports everyone there to the airport, and sometimes everyone else also loses all the stuff they’ve gotten while they were on the island.