Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

verdict: RE2 didn't have close combat? I can't even shove? What is this.

Also clearly japan has no idea how america does police if they think I'm gonna have a gun that doesn't paint dude's skulls on the inside of a gas station. Madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just S ranked nightmare mode on re3 in 1 hour 42 minutes. Gonna try for inferno tomorrow

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

I've been playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I loved the first one even though I could never get passed the first escape sequence climbing the water tree. Gave up on it after about two hours of trying.

Will of the Wisps is a lot easier. I've only given up in frustration now with the final level where I have to somehow bounce an enemy projectile through four different directional portals to break one barrier.

It's a lot like the first one overall, though the combat is now more Hollow Knight-ish. Beautiful art, music, and heart-wrenching story, but infuriating difficulty in places.

Now to find a Let's Play for the last level...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wastelands 3 looks so good :circlefap:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

jesus WEP posted:

Wastelands 3 looks so good :circlefap:

:hf:

I need to get off my rear end and beat the second game.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CobiWann posted:

:hf:

I need to get off my rear end and beat the second game.
"what if xcom but also an open world RPG" is most extremely my poo poo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The FUneral Dance meme = funnay

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i like it

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I got the Kingdom Hearts bundle when it was on sale for $30. I played the first level or so of the first one forever ago, but that's it.

The only reason I know I am playing the fist one now is because I have played this bit of it, cuz they're all named poo poo like Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Kingdom Hearts 2.45737/16 to the square of 420, and Kingdom Hearts 3: The 7th Kingdom Hearts

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Kingdom Hearts stuff is too much for me. It’s like watching Fantasia with a concussion.

At the doggy hospital. Homeboy ain’t doing so great. :(:(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RIP Toven, you was a real one. 15 years of sneaking scraps and helping clean plates.

My steadfast companion through madness, divorce, madness, and sobriety. You will be missed.

Here’s the last good video I got of him freaking out last thanksgiving

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1246882417350258691

coconono fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 5, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rest in peace good dog

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

RIP Toven, you was a real one. 15 years of sneaking scraps and helping clean plates.

My steadfast companion through madness, divorce, madness, and sobriety. You will be missed.

Sorry for your loss :(

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

coconono posted:

Condolences, that dog looks rad as hell

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I threw a housewarming party and one of my friends catered it. We all went to my back yard to smoke cigarettes and debate the merits of sleeping with each other. Went back inside and Toven was standing on the dining table eating whatever he pleased. Looked at us and said “what, I thought you were done?”

Homeboy went HAM on the carrots and ranch dressing.

Rip you wonderful rear end mutt

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like Toven had a long and dope life with you coconono.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Condolences.

Good dog.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sorry about your good dog :smith:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I read recently that dogs will sneeze to let you know they know whatever is happening is cool. Like they’ll sneeze during playtime to let you know they know it’s not serious.

What I’m saying is your dog was obviously real cool. I’m sorry for your loss.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Such a terrible time to lose a wonderful friend.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Watched Seven Samurai tonight.

Overall good movie, but the first half is stronger imo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

So me and my little buddy I Before E have a podcast called Mature Listeners where (in theory) we review and analyze different comics from DC's Mature Readers/Vertigo line. I have the time of my life recording it every time, it always devolves into long bullshit off-topic tangents, I think it's a fun time. This week was another part in our long running Preacher retrospective. If anyone wants some good fodder to use to roast me in a more precise, personal matter, here ya go:

I Before E posted:

Spall Talk/Mature Listeners
RSS Feed
Description: Spall Talk, the only podcast where two siblings talk about the life and career of Timothy Spall, is on hiatus, and in its place is Mature Listeners, wherein Niel (I Before E) and Shane (NienNunb) discuss the life and death of Vertigo Comics.
Comedy/Film/Comics/Wrestling Misc Discussion
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 13: Preacher Part 5: Speaking Of The Episode Title, Let's Get Back To Talking About Preacher w/Jessie

On this episode, Jessie returns to talk about Animal Crossing, Better Call Saul, wrestling in quarantine, early 20th century cartoons, Westerns, the sad experience of watching 2016 PWG in the context of 2020, and the bit in Preacher that finally gets to doing what Jessie kept telling us Preacher was going to do eventually.
]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are you on overcast?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have no clue, Niel does all the egghead technical stuff. I'm hired to just there to stand around and look pretty.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

If your dulcet tones are on spotify you can count on a listener

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If you copy the RSS feed you can add the show to most major podcast apps (except for Spotify which I've tried before sorry Dean :( )

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Looking into it Overcast allows you to import feeds so that should be fine, haven't tried to get us on Spotify though

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Sorry for your loss, Coco. Looks like one hell of a good dog with a hell of a personality.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

I threw a housewarming party and one of my friends catered it. We all went to my back yard to smoke cigarettes and debate the merits of sleeping with each other. Went back inside and Toven was standing on the dining table eating whatever he pleased. Looked at us and said “what, I thought you were done?”

sorry bout your poochie but 15 years must have amounted to a lot of good times, like the sitcom

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

Sorry for your doggo. He sounds like he was a good boy.

This was my dog. He crossed the rainbow bridge about a year ago. Early on, we learned that we had to push the kitchen chairs in otherwise we would find him up on the table. He figured out how to get on top of the table but he never quite figured out how to get down.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

Rest easy, little one. :(

I know the tears of a stranger don't mean much, but I'm blubbering like your pup was my own. Because they're all good dogs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He'll be a hard one to top.

thank you everyone for your thought and emotions. He was a good dog.

I remember the time he ran into the house, made a beeline for the cat and sneezed on him. Then ran off because he knew the smaller, yet meaner cat would win. Or the time he ran up to my neighbors carrying a dismantled giant rubber dong he'd pulled out of a bag(moral: wash your toys before bedtime).

This is dog #3 I've had. Losing them doesn't get any easier, but they're on their way ahead.

I did some me time, because what a fuckin day. Which basically consisted of getting stoned and playing PSP emulations. Lot of good stuff.

Got kinda burned out with Star Ocean 2's dungeons. There's like 5 fights a map. Its crazy. So I switched over to Legend of Heroes: Trails Of The Sky and what a lovely RPG. A lot of the RPGs I've checked out have been essentially light novels with gameply interspersed but this is a proper wander around and gently caress poo poo up RPG. The main characters are super likable tho I'd wish they'd age up these characters a bit. 16 is a bit too young for this kinda poo poo. Combat is real no frills too which I'm glad for.

other stuff I checked out:
Blazing Souls: Accelate- Had a neat combat gimmick, I'm gonna check this one out next. Probably gonna have tiddies. Aw yeah
Carnage Heart: played like two minutes of it. Seems kinda cool but the light novel stuff was kinda creepy.
R Type Tactics II: I remembered playing the original and kinda liking it back in the day but this sequel is hot dogshit. The combat mechanics make zero sense. boo hiss.
Star Trek: Tactical Assault: I thought this was gonna be about spaceboat fights and instead it was waggle your spaceboat at the other spaceboat. real fugly lookin spaceboats too. boo hiss.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

There is a part at the end of Resident Evil 3 where if you mess up you die instantly. It's literally the last thing you do.

I messed it up on a Inferno run last night coming in under 2 hours and 0 saves. It put me all the way back to the beginning lol gently caress that.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What's everyone's ride or die favorite album? i know it's entry level baby pallet tier but In The Aeroplane Over The Sea has always meant the world to me.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Age Of Adz, Sufjan Stevens

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NienNunb posted:

What's everyone's ride or die favorite album? i know it's entry level baby pallet tier but In The Aeroplane Over The Sea has always meant the world to me.

I dunno, It's more like I have 5 or 10 that float around my #1 spot. But if I had to pick one I probably pick Acid Bath's first record, When The Kite String Pops. It's filthy in the best way.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I suggest everyone itt take a moment to purify themselves in the waters of Lake Minnetonka during these trying times

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Chronic 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9U7XwVTgpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDK5j-pd8tQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obso81H63zU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eZrCumOX2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2CcGmvDdV0

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
I don't really have a favorite album, mainly because I find that so many albums have a couple of songs I really love, a few songs I really like, and then the rest of the album is either songs I think are just OK, songs I'm not super enthused about, or (in a very few cases), songs that I actively dislike. I think a large part of that is why I like compilations and "greatest hits" albums a lot (and mixtapes/CDs given to me by friends way back in the day, which is how I discovered a lot of the punk bands I eventually became a fan of). And now that we live in an age where you can just pick the songs you like literally out of thin air off the Internet, I often wonder sometimes if the actual concept of making an album is something that has had its' day.

With that being said, there is one album where I'd say every song was great (to me, anyways) from start to finish: Killing Joke's second album, What's THIS For...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU9sgB6YJJU

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

I dunno, It's more like I have 5 or 10 that float around my #1 spot.

Same

My pick would probably have to be one of the following

Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity
Laibach - Volk
Dead When I Found Her - All The Way Down

If you hold a gun to my dick and force me to choose I’ll probably go with ol’ Kraf Twerk.