Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

I have no words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i thought he was talking about hydrox cookies and it made as much sense

Hydrox cookies are probably just as effective against COVID, honestly.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Does he have stock in a drug manufacturer that offers the hydro whatever

Edit: probably one of his pals does

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1246304015509524480

This thread breaks down the latest manuscript on Chloroquine use. Gives a good nod to the limitations of the study. So far, it doesn't work, but the study is too small to say that certainly. If it was a sure thing this would have at least reflected that, which it did not.

https://twitter.com/lucasmorin_eolc/status/1246091435453153281

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i thought he was talking about hydrox cookies and it made as much sense

Good odds you're right that he's confused this for hydrox cookies. We'll know for sure in the next few weeks when the anti-Nabisco tweet comes out of nowhere.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That Works posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1246304015509524480

This thread breaks down the latest manuscript on Chloroquine use. Gives a good nod to the limitations of the study. So far, it doesn't work, but the study is too small to say that certainly. If it was a sure thing this would have at least reflected that, which it did not.

https://twitter.com/lucasmorin_eolc/status/1246091435453153281

It’s an antibiotic, it was never going to do anything for a virus.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The responses are full of people saying that Fauci is ignoring the mountain of REAL scientific evidence that it works. Like, a friend of my brother's boss took it and he got better! And the Daily Mail published a study! What is Fauci's agenda?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Icon Of Sin posted:

Chloroquine is an anti-malarial, used against a single celled eukaryotic parasite. It's possible that the effects it would have on host cells could interfere with viral replication / maturation etc. This was actually shown to lower viral burden in vitro, but nothing from in vivo or clinical trial data has supported it being useful.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Icon Of Sin posted:

HCQ is an anti-malarial as well as a DMARD (Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatoid Drug). Because it suppresses the immune system the theory goes that it will stop the cytokine storm that kills people with robust immune system from happening. It's not a particularly wrong hypothesis to test.

e: The run on HCQ supply is particularly egregious because people with Rheumatoid Arthritis and other similar auto-immune diseases need them on a daily basis to function. Imagine not having access to the pill that makes it so that your knees and ankles don't feel like flaming knives digging into every gap of your joints so you can get up and live a normal life or even just make it to the washroom so you don't poo poo yourself because a bunch of Trump listening morons bought them all out for a fake cure.

Eej fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 5, 2020

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Yeah it's a completely plausible treatment despite the poor to fraudulent studies currently out there boosting it. But there are a hell of a lot more failed plausible treatments in the world than working ones.

You don't throw merely plausible meds at mass patient counts. Especially when you have some nasty side effects just north of viable treatment doses.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Well now that that pump has dumped guess it's on to camostat. Make sure you tell any friends with pancreatitis to stock up now before Donnie tweets about it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Stultus Maximus posted:

The responses are full of people saying that Fauci is ignoring the mountain of REAL scientific evidence that it works. Like, a friend of my brother's boss took it and he got better! And the Daily Mail published a study! What is Fauci's agenda?

Anecdotal evidence is the most irritating thing about talking to a conservative and I didn't realize that until fairly recently.

I'm sure it's related to how conservatives loving love talk radio and get to hear all sorts of anecdotes.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I was more referring to the azithromycin included in the study. I’m fairly certain most of us here have experience with some flavor of chloroquine, and none of it fun or good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mustang posted:

Anecdotal evidence is the most irritating thing about talking to a conservative and I didn't realize that until fairly recently.

I'm sure it's related to how conservatives loving love talk radio and get to hear all sorts of anecdotes.

Goddamn is it ever.

I mean, I'm a historian so I live and breath anecdotal evidence because it's what I have to work with in most cases, but drat if I don't think people should strive to be better about this WHEN THERE'S SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE AVAILABLE.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Icon Of Sin posted:

I was more referring to the azithromycin included in the study. I’m fairly certain most of us here have experience with some flavor of chloroquine, and none of it fun or good.

Nah, I got atovaquone and proguanil which was also not fun or good in any way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
New study shows that quinine and z-packs do nothing for covid-19. I, for one, am shocked.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mefloquine Monday crew represent

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Italy figured out how to keep its medical staff from catching covid. Our CDC however still puts out guidelines saying that it is not necessary, and our medical workers are catching it. I am shocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svGD6e_X_2w

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
gin and Tonic crew

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Internet Wizard posted:

Okay so let me see if I'm following this

Mass ordered a shipment of PPE, which was then confiscated by an undisclosed federal agency when it reached customs

So then they hatched a deal with Robert Kraft to use a Patriots plane to fly to China and pick up another shipment of PPE and bring it directly back without customs getting their hands on this one, effectively smuggling it into the country

Meanwhile the Trumps are saying "no it's OURS, NO SHARING"

Except they're letting companies sell PPE from the federal stockpile direct to hospitals, etc

And they're being allowed to use FEMA assets to do the logistics work for free

Did I miss a step

Do we have a source for this besides that one tweet?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

Do we have a source for this besides that one tweet?

Besides the dozen or so sources linked in the tweet thread?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

New study shows that quinine and z-packs do nothing for covid-19. I, for one, am shocked.

Unfortunately trump’s megaphone is louder than whatever study that is

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

gin and Tonic crew

:hai:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

joat mon posted:

Besides the dozen or so sources linked in the tweet thread?

I have no idea how twitter organizes replies, but I don't see anything supporting those claims except the Trumps claiming the fed's stash isn't to help states.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is that study newer than 10 hours ago? Because Strong Daddy still conducting the HCQ train.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1246459270352207879

...and will be till it kills a lot of people.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

I have no idea how twitter organizes replies, but I don't see anything supporting those claims except the Trumps claiming the fed's stash isn't to help states.

The link has 9 tweets by the same person, just scroll down. The last four are her sources.
https://twitter.com/RomancingNope/status/1246241922878001157?s=20
https://twitter.com/RomancingNope/status/1246242454510145537?s=20
https://twitter.com/RomancingNope/status/1246243455497535489?s=20
https://twitter.com/RomancingNope/status/1246244652220665857?s=20

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Thomamelas posted:

Good odds you're right that he's confused this for hydrox cookies. We'll know for sure in the next few weeks when the anti-Nabisco tweet comes out of nowhere.

It's been obvious from the start that the snack food establishment has been out to ratfuck the more authentic sandwich cookie.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

joat mon posted:

The link has 9 tweets by the same person, just scroll down. The last four are her sources.

Those aren't the replies I saw, and I scrolled probably 25 deep before giving up. Thanks for the links.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

No words for how awful he is.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Godholio posted:

Those aren't the replies I saw, and I scrolled probably 25 deep before giving up. Thanks for the links.

For future reference there's a little "See More..." in between the person's tweets and the random replies that you can press to expand the thread properly. It's a pain in the rear end; part of how Twitter "drives engagement".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LingcodKilla posted:

No words for how awful he is.

Trump

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Vote republican!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Kesper North posted:

For future reference there's a little "See More..." in between the person's tweets and the random replies that you can press to expand the thread properly. It's a pain in the rear end; part of how Twitter "drives engagement".

Yeah, I've noticed that twitter doesn't actually take you to the thread when you click embedded tweets anymore and it's a real pain in the rear end.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah, I've noticed that twitter doesn't actually take you to the thread when you click embedded tweets anymore and it's a real pain in the rear end.

Threads tend to be informative, sourced, and predominantly posted by liberals. I wonder why @jack and his team has changed the previous display format this year.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Mefloquine Monday crew represent

Another reason I told my wife to get my brain checked when I die.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bulletsponge13 posted:

Another reason I told my wife to get my brain checked when I die.

poo poo gave me hella side effects. Psychedelic trippy poo poo. I later became hella crazy, though I think that’s only tangentially related to mefloquine and more to other causes.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/JournoGeoffZ/status/1246118966558257153

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Knock the boat: OK
Rock the boat: not OK

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Eh, those are such different things that I'm not even sure what point they're trying to make. Two days after a collision they're still trying to get the ship in to port and figure out what the hell happened.

If one of the COs had emailed the SECDEF and a newspaper saying "hey I'm gonna go ram a cargo ship" I guarantee they would have been axed a lot sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Eh, those are such different things that I'm not even sure what point they're trying to make. Two days after a collision they're still trying to get the ship in to port and figure out what the hell happened.

If one of the COs had emailed the SECDEF and a newspaper saying "hey I'm gonna go ram a cargo ship" I guarantee they would have been axed a lot sooner.

Re: Intent to ram civilian shipping

CO,
CONTINUE AT BEST SPEED.

REFLECT CREDIT UPON YOURSELF AND UPHOLD THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE

-SECDEF