Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

Most of this thread is kind of boring but this post in particular is amazing

Flubros! Day 12 (Flubros/bras only)

Dipping my fingers in poo poo to own the libs

:eyepop:

That's a lot of words to say "I stuck my hand in portajohn goop."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Warmachine posted:

:eyepop:

That's a lot of words to say "I stuck my hand in portajohn goop."

holy gently caress dude he said touch the blue water

im goign to vomit

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Getting smurfed by backsplash is bad enough, but doing it on purpose? :vomarine:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Icon Of Sin posted:

Getting smurfed by backsplash is bad enough, but doing it on purpose? :vomarine:

i had a portajohn flipped forwards onto the door. i laid in the blue water for a long time contemplating my life decisions

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Freepers literally saying touch the poop.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

How are u posted:

Freepers literally saying touch the poop.

Its like a QAnon post. They're inviting us to join their forum via secret messages. They need our help.

(Also donations).

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

predicto posted:

You grossly underestimate their ability to retcon their most deeply held beliefs

They do it every time

The other night Tucker Carlson tried real hard to convince me that the MAINSTREAM MEDIA had been downplaying the virus and that glorious heroes at Fox News like himself had been sounding the alarm.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Deuce posted:

The other night Tucker Carlson tried real hard to convince me that the MAINSTREAM MEDIA had been downplaying the virus and that glorious heroes at Fox News like himself had been sounding the alarm.

Also we have always been at war with Eastasia.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

CMS Chief Verma: ‘We’re Hopeful’ Americans Can Adhere to Guidelines to Be in Better Place by June

It's from a lovely Breitbart "article" that basically just posts the text of what she said without any further comment or analysis. They're having a hard time accepting the way things are unfolding. The cracks are widening between those few that are in the acceptance stage and the rest who are still in the anger/bargaining stage.

quote:

To: david1292
Look at the graphs.. there’s absolutely no hint of curve flattening at all.

2 posted on 02/04/2020, 21:55:15 by ScottinVA (Prayers up for Rush Limbaugh...)

quote:

To: ScottinVA
Do you believe the graph by the D.C. ..CDC? Just asking no need to flame.

5 posted on 02/04/2020, 21:57:15 by RoseofTexas

"Hundreds of thousands will die, too bad, so sad!"

quote:

To: ScottinVA
++** the curve. 100 to 200,000 people will die. And that’s a sad thing. But it’s not worth the entire country’s economy. Why are so many talking like a liberal here all of a sudden? People die. Viruses happen. This is the real ******ing world. Start acting like men

my mother is 87 years old and the way she talks and acts makes you guys look like a disgrace.

9 posted on 02/04/2020, 21:58:52 by dp0622 (Radicals, racists dont point fingers at me I'm a small town white boy Just tryin to make ends meet)

quote:

Exactly. They want to what? wait until NOBODY dies from it?
lol okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

12 posted on 02/04/2020, 22:00:59 by snarkytart

lol "ok doctor"

quote:

To: dp0622
That is if we keep doing what we’re doing. Do nothing and we jump into the millions. Ok Dr.

69 posted on 03/04/2020, 01:37:44 by US_MilitaryRules (I'm not tired of Winning yet! Please, continue on!)

Trump....bad? Singapore.... good?

quote:

1. They need to test EVERYBODY, and isolate only people who test positive, and their immediate contacts. Let everybody else go back to work. That’s what they did in Hong Kong and Singapore and Taiwan.

Trump and Pence have get tests rolling out pronto; do it state by state if necessary, a bit at a time. BUT DO IT!

What we’ve got now is incompetence. They can’t allow the economy to be closed much longer. Even during the Depression the economy stayed open, we had businesses running and restaurants serving.

Trump has to widen his advisers beyond Fauci and Birx. Two people whose jobs and salaries and pensions are guaranteed no matter how much pain they cause everyone else. Bring in some public health experts from Singapore, they’ll show us how to do it!

16 posted on 02/04/2020, 22:04:04 by rintintin (qu)

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog
April 30?..... too little too late! By then the economy will be in shambles and the three freaking POS will beginning their redux of impeachment! Hell has come to America via those POS rats and the mediapukes holding leverage this time around!! GOD I DESPISE THEM TO THE CORE!!

17 posted on 02/04/2020, 22:05:07 by RoseofTexas

quote:

To: RoseofTexas
pretty much.

POTUS is tough though and can give a nice evening national address and explain why things are opening back up.

People will always be dying of something. MOST people who have COVID19 survive. People nee to get an effing grip.

23 posted on 02/04/2020, 22:10:03 by snarkytart

A tacit admission of how unpopular their ideology is, papered over with the usual "voter fraud" crap

quote:

To: snarkytart
“Voting by mail will be the next thing.”

This is THE goal now. With Trumps numbers actually going up that is the #1 goal now. They get mail voting and we lose. It will be a tsunami of so many harvested votes Trump could not overcome it even with a 60% rating.

33 posted on 02/04/2020, 22:18:35 by gibsonguy

quote:

To: FlipWilson
If this is the new America why bother to vote?

37 posted on 02/04/2020, 22:19:46 by DLfromthedesert

That slow, dawning realisation that even if Trump were to somehow magically "reopen the country" again, this poo poo isn't going "back to normal" for a long, long time...

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog
Speaking of Stadium crowds, suppose the bans on public gatherings are lifted, and sports starts back up, restaurants reopen etc. Will some people be so spooked by this experience, that they will be afraid to go to ball games or go to sit down restaurants?

The day when we are theoretically back to normal, will people resume their prior behavior amd spending patterns?

41 posted on 02/04/2020, 22:32:43 by Dilbert San Diego

Ah yes, the miracle drug:

quote:

To: _Jim
START ADMINISTERING HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE AND THE ASSOCIATED TREATMENT DRUGS NOW!!!!!!
I have family members in various health care careers. They are telling me that the Trump Pills are nowhere to be found. As if the politically connected have vacuumed them up already for themselves in a hoarding situation similar to TP.

48 posted on 02/04/2020, 22:51:25 by Sirius Lee (They are openly stating that they intend to murder us. Prep if you want to live.)

quote:

To: Sacajaweau
My friend’s sister has it. She was incredibly sick but at home. She works in a doctor’s office and was able to get the hydroxychloroquine. She had some rough days but did a turn around once she got the drug.

58 posted on 02/04/2020, 23:34:58 by surrey

Some are still as obsessed with Hillary as the USpol thread sometimes gets

quote:

This might be what Fauci wants...but the President will not let this go on that long.
I believe Fauci operates under Hillary's direction.

Start prescribing the drat Meds...you know they work. People are being put in hospitals that belong on Meds...at home.

53 posted on 02/04/2020, 23:09:12 by Sacajaweau

Some are defiant

quote:

Screw them. I’m not sitting in my house til June.

32 posted on 02/04/2020, 22:16:54 by DLfromthedesert

quote:

June, my rear end.

The USA will be dead by then.

67 posted on 03/04/2020, 00:20:22 by hattend

quote:

June? KMA.

70 posted on 03/04/2020, 01:53:54 by vpintheak (Live free, or die!)

Alright the post in No.3 got a genuine laugh out of me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93bsgdOLjak

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
broken clock....etc

quote:

To: Helicondelta
This is an interesting situation.. Writing the memo was the guy's duty in looking out for his sailors.

The leak is another matter entirely.. Whoever leaked this letter just destroyed a good man's career.

If he leaked it himself, it just screams "lack of faith in the chain of command".
16 posted on 4/3/2020, 1:46:37 AM by wafflehouse (RE-ELECT NO ONE !)

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

This is from the other day.

Prosecutors: Engineer deliberately ran train off tracks in attempt to smash the USNS Mercy

quote:

To: Brown Deer
What was his Freeper name?

3 posted on 4/1/2020, 4:44:14 PM by Cold Heart (.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Perhaps a freeper?

9 posted on 4/1/2020, 4:45:05 PM by Dave W

quote:

To: Cold Heart
nope “ Eduardo Moreno” prob second generation hispanic american and straight up democrat.

20 posted on 4/1/2020, 4:50:46 PM by oldenuff35
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Cold Heart
What was his Freeper name?

That question did cross my mind.

21 posted on 4/1/2020, 4:51:11 PM by Moonman62 (http://www.freerepublic.com/~moonman62/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

All too typical DIMocRAT moron!!

Yours, TMN78247

31 posted on 4/1/2020, 4:55:05 PM by TMN78247 ("VICTORY or DEATH", William Barrett Travis, LtCol, comdt., Fortress of the Alamo, Bejar, 1836)

quote:

To: Dave W
What on earth makes you think a freeper would be involved?

36 posted on 4/1/2020, 4:58:04 PM by Mr. K (No consequence of repealing obamacare is worse than obamacare itself.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Larry Lucido
They are actually rounding up illegals onto to the boats and sailing them back this guy was gonna stop it. Maybe that was his thought?

85 posted on 4/1/2020, 8:00:28 PM by pangaea6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Larry Lucido
Sounds like a serious case of Trump Derangement Syndrome to me...

96 posted on 4/1/2020, 10:20:18 PM by nutmeg (Mega prayers for Rush Limbaugh)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Dave W
Nah - most of the FReepers who might go off the deep end want the government to do a full takeover and then coo to us how lucky we are to be controlled by such a benign power.
"We saved you from that evil virus and now you belong to us. Rejoice! Your loving and benevolent Government is now in complete control"

103 posted on 4/2/2020, 3:44:00 AM by trebb (Don't howl about illegal leeches, or Trump in general, while not donating to FR - it's hypocritical.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

I wonder if they had the same thread after the shooting at the Holocaust museum?

Lol of course they didn't he was literally a Freeper and they knew it

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
It's the sign of being the ultimate Freeper. When you go so off the rails to commit mass murder, and they disavow you, you know you've made it.

Secretly, lots of Freepers saying to themselves "Fuckin' A, wish I had of done that".

Edit: I mean, poo poo, how long have they been saying to keep their powder dry? It should be well desiccated by now.

The Dark Project fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Apr 3, 2020

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
That's why "The Revolution will be Disavowed as a False Flag Op" will always be the best thread title.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Shout out to freeper gibsonguy for acknowledging that yes, they would lose in a landslide if all american citizens could easily vote, and freeper oldenuff35 for saying the quiet part loudly and confirming that a spanish-sounding name disqualifies someone from possibly being a freeper.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Freep: GOD I DESPISE THEM TO THE CORE!!

On another note, is “ballot harvesting” the same thing as “voter fraud,” or is it a new conspiracy?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Freep: GOD I DESPISE THEM TO THE CORE!!

On another note, is “ballot harvesting” the same thing as “voter fraud,” or is it a new conspiracy?

Ballot harvesting is when you collect someone's mail-in ballot for them then change it.

It's what Republicans do

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/18/north-carolina-9th-district-house-election-saw-ballot-harvesting-official.html

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Whoooeeee. For those of you unfamiliar with the saga of Captain Brett Crozier, former commanding officer of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, a nuclear aircraft carrier, he had many crew members covid positive with the prospect of getting the majority or all of his crew infected but was not given permission to send his crew ashore to quarantine in Guam. His letter to his superiors was leaked to the press and the Navy relented and allowed the shore quarantine, but he was relieved of command and his career is effectively over.

It seems to be the position among the entire U.S. right wing, since everything is now political and there is a right wing orthodox position on everything, to hate CAPT Crozier as some Obama loving librul pansy who was embarrassing the orange god or whatever.

The various cell phone videos taken of his crew affectionately sending him off as he left the ship for the last time have gotten extensive media play:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3831663/

It's impossible that the crew who served under this man, who I hate, love him! We're being gaslighted by the librul media folks!

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
Does anyone have firsthand knowledge this video is not from a different occasion just used in attempt to make the Navy look bad? I mean, social media, the internet and the MSM are always correct w/ no ulterior motives, right? That would NEVER happen. /s

2 posted on 4/4/2020, 9:12:36 AM by ripnbang ("An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man, a subject.")

quote:

To: ripnbang
There are multiple videos, all legit.

The current crop of Navy sailors appear to be not too bright.

66 posted on 4/4/2020, 10:42:46 AM by UNGN

quote:

Where was the dispensary’s supply of HCQ & Z-pak?

6 posted on 4/4/2020, 9:17:56 AM by ptsal ( Bust the NVIA)

It's not me, it's the sailors who are wrong. Support are troops!

quote:

To: redgolum
The Navy is no longer a military institution. It is a liberal one.

13 posted on 4/4/2020, 9:23:24 AM by CodeToad (Arm Up! They Have!)

quote:

To: CodeToad
The guy was a liberal bum...likely an obama lover. His letter was typical of leftist losers. He should have been keelhauled by the ship he “commanded” (poorly).

15 posted on 4/4/2020, 9:25:40 AM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp???)

quote:

Are they cheering for him, or that he’s leaving?

17 posted on 4/4/2020, 9:26:11 AM by MuttTheHoople

A few of them get it.

quote:

I am going to take the counter-argument:
The USN has an entire branch of medicine that does nothing but counsel leaders on how to preserve the force from medical issues, to include the Office of Naval Intelligence. You know, the TITLE X responsibilities each Service has.

Where the heck were these people in advising CNO, BUPERMED, and fleet commanders on mitigation and force protection?

The good captain, knowing everyone was asleep at the helm, went for the jugular to wake people up in order to preserve his crew, and we're criticizing him? He gets sacked because a whole truckload of people didn't do their jobs?

25 posted on 4/4/2020, 9:32:32 AM by Salvavida

This person has no loving idea about the medical capability of a US Navy carrier to take care of multiple critically ill people - it's very limited, ship is designed to deliver airborne death to an adversary, not be a floating Massachussetts General Hospital. PGR88 is a special one:

quote:

To: House Atreides
The sailors on that ship, assuming their average age is between 18-40, are in a very LOW RISK group. The chance of fatalities was very low.

Why not simply bring on board: swabs to test everyone, enough HCQ+AZT to treat everyone, and a few extra ventilators, and even an extra couple nurses - just in case. The ship could easily continue its mission, and within 21 days, the ship would have achieved “herd immunity”

Instead, it will be decommissioned for several months while it is “cleaned” (an impossible prospect) and we face the huge national security implications of America’s most expensive weapons system being neutralized for a long time by a simple virus and a pussy captain.

33 posted on 4/4/2020, 9:39:33 AM by PGR88

quote:

To: MinorityRepublican
There is definitely some risk. I just think they could control it very easily among a young, healthy population like sailors.

No one likes the notion of running experiments on a captive population, but in fact the USA would learn a lot, and learn it very quickly, by leaving the TR at sea, testing everyone aboard, treating all of them in advance, and then also later testing them for antibody formation. They would be doing a great service to the nation.

80 posted on 4/4/2020, 11:07:00 AM by PGR88

This freeper actually gets it:

quote:

He martyred himself for the troops. He’s probably satisfied with his own actions right now. Saving lives took precedence over his own career.

More lives than those on the ship, because the PTB have to wake up to the problem now.

42 posted on 4/4/2020, 9:46:10 AM by firebrand

quote:

To: DennisR
But part of my point was that he sacrificed his job. Knowingly. He wasn’t getting results doing things by the book.

70 posted on 4/4/2020, 10:53:19 AM by firebrand

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Zwabu posted:

It seems to be the position among the entire U.S. right wing, since everything is now political and there is a right wing orthodox position on everything, to hate CAPT Crozier as some Obama loving librul pansy who was embarrassing the orange god or whatever

Holy poo poo that is insane. A good chunk of my Facebook is senior and retired Army from back when I was in and the prevailing opinion there is "Thank gently caress I was in/am in the Army and not the Navy". I haven't actually seen a single one of them say a bad thing about Crozier but they could be keeping it to private conversations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Freep: The Navy is no longer a military institution. It is a liberal one.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I think most military folk know how hosed up that all was.

The other ones who don't are 100% the ones who got fragged during Vietnam.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The guys posting about the age of the vessel's crew kinda forget that the mortality of the disease is based on ready access to ventilators and everyone involved NOT being stuck on essentially a floating enclosed space that's going to get everyone who could've helped care for the diseased sick as well.

I mean, I get it, the average intelligence of Trump supporters ain't that high. And they have to keep attacking anything and anyone that exposes how lovely their leader is, even by proxy. But this wasn't hard to figure out, as noted even by two Freepers quoted there.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

evilmiera posted:

The guys posting about the age of the vessel's crew kinda forget that the mortality of the disease is based on ready access to ventilators and everyone involved NOT being stuck on essentially a floating enclosed space that's going to get everyone who could've helped care for the diseased sick as well.

I mean, I get it, the average intelligence of Trump supporters ain't that high. And they have to keep attacking anything and anyone that exposes how lovely their leader is, even by proxy. But this wasn't hard to figure out, as noted even by two Freepers quoted there.

They're also righteously ignorant of the fact that there are no tests and there is no treatment, and there are no mitigation supplies like ventilators, which is the whole loving problem in the first place.

fart store fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 5, 2020

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

fart store posted:

They're also righteously ignorant of the fact that there are no tests and there is no treatment, and there are no mitigation supplies like ventilators, which is the whole loving problem in the first place.

I have no idea why Trump or the rest of these dumbfucks think that hydroxochloroquine is some miracle COVID treatment. I see French conspiracy minded people pushing the same thing too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

People often want things to be true to the point they convince themselves they are.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Soviet Commubot posted:

I have no idea why Trump or the rest of these dumbfucks think that hydroxochloroquine is some miracle COVID treatment. I see French conspiracy minded people pushing the same thing too.

Let me take a stab at this.

From the standpoint of Freeper types, a great deal of this is down to the fact that Trump himself promoted HCQ as a miracle drug in his stupid briefings. That's it. It's a bit hard to wrap my mind around it, but where most of us see a corrupt vainglorious ignorant buffoon when we look at Trump, they have fully bought in and see him as an infinitely wise emperor king. If he said it, it literally COULDN'T be an exaggeration or outright falsehood, no WAY would he peddle snake oil to the country to distract them from his failures, it MUST be a miracle cure! And to help Trump with this, Fox News pimps HCQ as a miracle cure at every opportunity also, they literally have doctors on there saying "I think this is the beginning of the end!" re HCQ and the C19 pandemic.

For Trump himself, a miracle cure represents an easy way out for himself. If there's suddenly a miracle cure, then it doesn't matter that he totally hosed up the federal response to C19 and everyone will forget that. Never mind all the people who have already died and the huge economic catastrophe that could have possibly been much smaller or largely avoided, see South Korea, lol.

It's like the college student who hasn't studied at all for his class and is definitely gonna fail the final, but suddenly a fire burns down the exam hall postponing things a week or a month. Yipeeee!

I mean, a miracle cure represents an easy way out, mentally, for right wing freepers too. It allows them not to examine or confront the horrible failure of the United States (and the West, in general) of dealing with C19 and what it says about our whole society and system of economics and government.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Facebook, but the sentiment is so drat Freepy. I expect we'll be seeing these kind of exchanges on the site soon.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Obesity is a hell of a comorbidity.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/CallCameron/status/1246538255517904896

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Zwabu posted:

I mean, a miracle cure represents an easy way out, mentally, for right wing freepers too. It allows them not to examine or confront the horrible failure of the United States (and the West, in general) of dealing with C19 and what it says about our whole society and system of economics and government.

It also plays into their eternal war against the "mainstream media," and lets them shift the blame entirely to the librul talking heads. In their mind, Our Duly Elected President Donald J. Trump has already selflessly given the world a miracle cure, but Trump Derangement Syndrome is causing the liberal news networks to turn their backs on it! This means that the blood is on their hands, not Trump's/ours!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Association of American Physicians and Surgeons: 98% Of People Who Get COVID-19 Fully Recover!

Reminder that the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons is a quack antivax group whose most prominent member is Rand Paul.

quote:

To: USA Conservative
Mr. Fauci says every success is merely anecdotal aka worthless....just another way of saying doctors are stupid.

Fauci has made everyone "just a number".
2 posted on 04/05/2020 9:07:34 AM PDT by Sacajaweau

Wait a minute...

quote:

RE: 98% Fully recover.

What about the 2%?

Considering that there are millions of cases worldwide, that would still amount to tens of thousands, perhaps, hundreds of thousands of deaths.

5 posted on 04/05/2020 9:13:19 AM PDT by SeekAndFind (look at Michigan, it will)

quote:

The Panic Porn media cant stand this

7 posted on 04/05/2020 9:16:51 AM PDT by Nifster (I see puppy dogs in the clouds)

:airquote: "Pandemic"

quote:

Watch for “reported” influenza and flu deaths this season to be “weirdly” low. Sleight of hand? Magic? Creative reporting to make deaths from Chinese virus appear to be worse than it is/was in order to justify loss of freedom? More deaths to blame on Trump’s “handling” of the “pandemic”?

Wink, wink. Nod, nod.

Also, might there be a financial consideration for the medical community as the Feds have signaled money, money, money will be coming to pay for “Coronovirus” treatment? Why, yes there “might” just be.

15 posted on 04/05/2020 9:21:33 AM PDT by Sir Bangaz Cracka (Slamming dat white cracka'a head into dat sidewalk causin he be scared)

Fake News!

quote:

Hey idiot! The stats in this article are totally bogus!

There are 9,109 fatalities NOT the bogus figure of 2200 cited i this phony article. FAKE NEWS!

This article is way outdated and you have posted intentionally false information.

19 posted on 04/05/2020 9:23:59 AM PDT by Okeydoker

1 in 50 will die? I prefer to think of that as 49 in 50 will live. :pseudo:

quote:

That is what everyone forgets when the media focuses only on the death rate

23 posted on 04/05/2020 9:26:31 AM PDT by Mom MD

quote:

Does not match the media narrative of fear and dread

Does not match the Fauxi narrative

28 posted on 04/05/2020 9:32:49 AM PDT by Chauncey Gardiner

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Zwabu posted:

Let me take a stab at this.

From the standpoint of Freeper types, a great deal of this is down to the fact that Trump himself promoted HCQ as a miracle drug in his stupid briefings. That's it. It's a bit hard to wrap my mind around it, but where most of us see a corrupt vainglorious ignorant buffoon when we look at Trump, they have fully bought in and see him as an infinitely wise emperor king. If he said it, it literally COULDN'T be an exaggeration or outright falsehood, no WAY would he peddle snake oil to the country to distract them from his failures, it MUST be a miracle cure! And to help Trump with this, Fox News pimps HCQ as a miracle cure at every opportunity also, they literally have doctors on there saying "I think this is the beginning of the end!" re HCQ and the C19 pandemic.

For Trump himself, a miracle cure represents an easy way out for himself. If there's suddenly a miracle cure, then it doesn't matter that he totally hosed up the federal response to C19 and everyone will forget that. Never mind all the people who have already died and the huge economic catastrophe that could have possibly been much smaller or largely avoided, see South Korea, lol.

It's like the college student who hasn't studied at all for his class and is definitely gonna fail the final, but suddenly a fire burns down the exam hall postponing things a week or a month. Yipeeee!

I wonder where Trump and by extension the conspiratorial right got the idea that hydroxochloroquine is their magic miracle drug. I saw people both in the US and France posting about it in the days before Trump latched onto it, I'd imagine someone in his orbit mentioned because they saw it on Infowars or Qanon forums or something.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Soviet Commubot posted:

I wonder where Trump and by extension the conspiratorial right got the idea that hydroxochloroquine is their magic miracle drug. I saw people both in the US and France posting about it in the days before Trump latched onto it, I'd imagine someone in his orbit mentioned because they saw it on Infowars or Qanon forums or something.

There was a small and poorly performed French study, not even sure if it's been published or ever will be, suggesting some efficacy of HCQ. The quality of the study is such that I suspect it never will be published, and one of the investigators is kind of a shady character.

That's where it comes from.

There's been plenty of use of it since then and I think in some early cases it may help some but it's not anything close to a wonder cure.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Likely some dirtbag who bought shares in the company's stock was looking for a way to increase the stock price in all this.

Not going to rule out Trump being one of those people.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

From this virus is bullshit to

This virus is the apex oredator in half a month

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

The Dark Project posted:

Likely some dirtbag who bought shares in the company's stock was looking for a way to increase the stock price in all this.

Not going to rule out Trump being one of those people.

It's a generic, as its patent is expired. Trump promising it as a cure is all sorts of messed up, but at least in this case it doesn't seem to be a direct profit motive - he just wants the problem to go away and stop making him look bad.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

quote:

Watch for “reported” influenza and flu deaths this season to be “weirdly” low. Sleight of hand? Magic? Creative reporting to make deaths from Chinese virus appear to be worse than it is/was in order to justify loss of freedom? More deaths to blame on Trump’s “handling” of the “pandemic”?

[...]

15 posted on 04/05/2020 9:21:33 AM PDT by Sir Bangaz Cracka (Slamming dat white cracka'a head into dat sidewalk causin he be scared)

This is a thing that always happens in these circumstances. The people who are in the most danger from the flu are largely the people who are also in the most danger from C19. Immunosuppressed patients, nursing home residents, chronically ill patients with comorbidities, etc. Lots of people who would have died from a bad case of the flu are instead going to die of C19 before they have a chance to get the flu, which will drop the mortality rate of the flu this year.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Expect less deaths from car crashes too.

Makes u think

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Not to mention more deaths from disgusting idiots that like to punch their spouses. This is what the demonrats hath wrought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cactus posted:

Not to mention more deaths from disgusting idiots that like to punch their spouses. This is what the demonrats hath wrought.

That's 5Gs fault