Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

T-man posted:

There is is, and there is ought, and between the two lies revolution. If we don't accept that~99% of people will not live a ethically consistent life, we will always be shocked and dismayed when they do. ¯\_(⊙_ʖ⊙)_/¯

Wow I agree with you for once. Also I a loved that episode of Venture Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Phone posted:

YEAH BUT WHY WON'T YOU THINK OF THE PLATFORMING SOME FAILED ACTRESS AND A LAYABOUT ARE DOING BY HAVING STEVE BANNON ON, IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT THEY'RE ACTUALLY DOING A 2ND ARMENIAN GENOCIDE

i slam into my keyboard while weeping that the red scare podcast is what killed the bernie 2020 campaign

speaking of, why doesn't anyone interview the grifter that claimed she was an Austrian noblewoman or something, her story owns

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Phone posted:

YEAH BUT WHY WON'T YOU THINK OF THE PLATFORMING SOME FAILED ACTRESS AND A LAYABOUT ARE DOING BY HAVING STEVE BANNON ON, IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT THEY'RE ACTUALLY DOING A 2ND ARMENIAN GENOCIDE

i slam into my keyboard while weeping that the red scare podcast is what killed the bernie 2020 campaign

Why is the reaction always this hysterical lol.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Victory Position posted:

speaking of, why doesn't anyone interview the grifter that claimed she was an Austrian noblewoman or something, her story owns

Remember what happened last time someone tried stepping in Dasha's lane?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The nazbol coke women are my friends and if I defend their honor they might let me lick their toes

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
however you could have "defended" the red scare hosts but saying that metaphysically nazi bannon is less of a threat than warren was a really bad post

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

So did they corner, crucify and humiliate* Bannon? Or was it a chummy softball fluff interview? IMO it's okay to platform these fucks if you use it as an opportunity to mock them relentlessly

*in a non-sexual way, I mean

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
because when your identity is a function of the media you consume, the third mic on cumtown's ex-girlfriend and her cocaine hookup interviewing a washed up fascist becomes something whose moral dimension must be defended rather than laughed at

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i mean the best thing to do is just not pay attention to the podcasts you don't like and don't listen to and go about your day because at the end of the day even the biggest podcasts have a very marginal effect on politics and material conditions

the nyc media scene does not interest me in the least and unless they're going to invade your home and shove their politics down your throat they will continue to be ultimately irrelevant

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Anna keychain loves talking about how awful it is that modernity has made a mockery of traditional moral values, but also if your moral values leave you disgusted with Steve Bannon's virulent racism, that's something to be mocked and sneered at.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Victory Position posted:

she's still in jail.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Honest Thief posted:

however you could have "defended" the red scare hosts but saying that metaphysically nazi bannon is less of a threat than warren was a really bad post

It wasn't Bannon who did major damage to Bernie's campaign. :shrug:

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Dreylad posted:

i mean the best thing to do is just not pay attention to the podcasts you don't like and don't listen to and go about your day because at the end of the day even the biggest podcasts have a very marginal effect on politics and material conditions

the nyc media scene does not interest me in the least and unless they're going to invade your home and shove their politics down your throat they will continue to be ultimately irrelevant

Quarantine had us all bored as gently caress and so the lovely parts of our personalities get that much shittier

we are all dasha crabwalking in a french maid outfit

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol if you think bannon was a mega skilled political operative who got poo poo done

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

my personality has only grown stronger, more overwhelming. soon i will consume the souls of those around me, and begin the grinding inevitability of the T-borg

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Trabisnikof posted:

lol if you think bannon was a mega skilled political operative who got poo poo done

yeah, he went from being touted as a Machiavellian Mastermind to being interviewed on Red Scare. he's done less harm recently than Warren simply because he has largely disappeared from the scene. would that Warren had done the same...

"I just came from nowhere
And I'm going straight back there"

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

prefect posted:

It wasn't Bannon who did major damage to Bernie's campaign. :shrug:

agreed, say that or that being a drunkard at a pod is less worse than liz's uncommitted position to m4a not that "metaphysically" bannon is prob worse lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Clark Nova posted:

So did they corner, crucify and humiliate* Bannon? Or was it a chummy softball fluff interview? IMO it's okay to platform these fucks if you use it as an opportunity to mock them relentlessly

*in a non-sexual way, I mean

what does your heart tell you

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

steve bannon co-founded breitbart and is at the very least the architect of the travel ban executive orders, which are now upheld by the courts

he was also an adviser on bolsonaro's campaign. just because he's an narcissistic worm who will do anyones podcast for publicity doesn't mean he's not out there doing actual harm to people, jesus christ

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Varinn posted:

he was also an adviser on bolsonaro's campaign. just because he's an narcissistic worm who will do anyones podcast for publicity doesn't mean he's not out there doing actual harm to people, jesus christ

when i close my eyes i picture the bacarau scene with the gringos and the br corrupt state workers but between bolso and bannon

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

shot and chaser

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1246598356174077955

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

I mean. Compared to Robby Mook. He is.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

because when your identity is a function of the media you consume, the third mic on cumtown's ex-girlfriend and her cocaine hookup interviewing a washed up fascist becomes something whose moral dimension must be defended rather than laughed at

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Dashas are the lovely American knockoff of Limonov, and the Red Scare fanbase are the lovely American knockoff of the Nazbols.

I will not elaborate further

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Grand Theory of Podcast

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/papi_fritas/status/1246927208318406664

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Everything is subject to moral concern, at all times, everywhere. In fact, to truly be ethical one must simulate the entire universe and understand their relationship to every atom and every combination thereof. The surface of Mars is connected to Dasha, and to me.

And your parents.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

morally i think its extremely gay everytime the cum boys express genuine affection and friendship for eachother on the stream

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
remember Gorka?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i think i know why people get uptight about dasha tbh, it doesn't reflect well on the left tbh, imo

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

dead gay comedy forums posted:

btw repping What A Hell Of A Way To Die and QAnon Anonymous as good stuff too

QAA's Travis View has ridiculous broadcaster voice power, S-Tier along with donoteat

I used to follow Travis on Twitter until the attempted Venezuelan coup happened last year. Travis tweeted a few things about Maduro being evil and that it wasn't a coup.

The kilgore trout Twitter user posted the same takes. That was a great way to weed out succ from your feed.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

she's still in jail.

do you remember her name? wonder what the terms of her sentence were

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Victory Position posted:

do you remember her name? wonder what the terms of her sentence were

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Sorokin

Her?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

"elite opinion matters in politics"

lmao

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Shipon posted:

"elite opinion matters in politics"

lmao

matty accidentally says the quiet part

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Dasha

Sasha

Natascha

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

that's the one I was thinking of anyway.

wikipedia posted:

On May 9, 2019, Sorokin was given a sentence of 4 to 12 years in state prison, fined $24,000, and ordered to pay restitution of about $199,000. After serving her sentence, she will face deportation to Germany.[20][21][22]

Sorokin was incarcerated at Rikers Island during the trial. After the trial, Sorokin, New York State Department of Corrections #19G0366, was initially housed at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility before being transferred to Albion Correctional Facility.[23][24] Her earliest possible release date is October 19, 2021.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

T-man posted:

This is true of literally every neurotypical person hth

Cushbomb isn't neurotypical, but either way being hypocritical is something people should be ridiculed for regardless of how common it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

gh0stpinballa posted:

i think i know why people get uptight about dasha tbh, it doesn't reflect well on the left tbh, imo

Not sure what being coy accomplishes on a dead internet forum.