Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My new job has a slack #coffee that is just a copy of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i have a stainless carafe where the hole in the top is too small for my hand to fit through, so over the last year or so it's had a slowly darkening interior from all the coffee stains/residue

after some trial and error, turns out the correct way to clean it is to dump some powdered dishwasher soap into it, then fill it with water and let it soak overnight, then scrub the inside a bit with a dish brush then rinse it a ton to make sure the soap is washed out

tried the same thing with vinegar as well as liquid dish soap and neither of them worked. apparently needs to be powdered for some reason

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ive been going to town on tough pans with bar keepers friend and a powdered cleaner is awesome

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Agile Vector posted:

ive been going to town on tough pans with bar keepers friend and a powdered cleaner is awesome

yeah, that stuff owns. i've had pans that i thought were trashed that i was able to press back into service after nuking them with that.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
its coffee time

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Progressive JPEG posted:

i have a stainless carafe where the hole in the top is too small for my hand to fit through, so over the last year or so it's had a slowly darkening interior from all the coffee stains/residue

after some trial and error, turns out the correct way to clean it is to dump some powdered dishwasher soap into it, then fill it with water and let it soak overnight, then scrub the inside a bit with a dish brush then rinse it a ton to make sure the soap is washed out

tried the same thing with vinegar as well as liquid dish soap and neither of them worked. apparently needs to be powdered for some reason

I have the same thing and have thrown a magic eraser in there and used the handle of another kitchen tool to scrub it around. worked great

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
think i'm gonna make some coffee.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I ordered a coffee maker online

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

I ordered a coffee maker online
deets

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

drinking a second mug. today is a two-mug day

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr coffee 5-cup thermal carafe programmable

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
All forms of coffee preparation other than the use of a Moka are decadent and counterrevolutionary exercises in bourgeois formalism.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

All forms of coffee preparation other than the use of a Moka are decadent and counterrevolutionary exercises in bourgeois formalism.

i have a coffee plant and i forage only the beans that fall on the ground via act of god and eat them raw. now what?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Schadenboner posted:

it's a fuckin Mr coffee eat my entire rear end

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

i have a coffee plant and i forage only the beans that fall on the ground via act of god and eat them raw. now what?

*Updates Beep's entry on yospos.csv to include "Is literally an civet"

E: Periodic reminder not to buy kopi luwak, by the way. :(

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I used my syphon maker 4 the coffee im drinking right now

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mods thread title please

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

all non pod coffee devices are okay

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

President Beep posted:

mods thread title please

garph pls

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Foo posted:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Captain Foo posted:

President Beep posted:

mods thread title please

Plz do teh needful &c. &c.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
having #some aeropress coffee that was brewed inverted

it's good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

mods thread title please

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
anyone use pods? thinking of getting one for home any reccos?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i don’t hate the environment enough to use pods

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

:f5h::munch:

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I been chucking my cheap rear end bean grinder to my power drill and it works well enough.

But there's gotta be something better.

I hate the sound of electric grinders though.

Is there a super quiet version of an electric bean grinder?

Also, I buy my beans from https://www.darkhorsecoffeeroasters.com/ and their Fruit Party is my favorite :shobon:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
put the hand crank on your grinder. those burr grinders are notorious for failing and fragging out when people try the power drill trick.

every single person that's bought one has tried it.

get the exercise.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i use one of these

loud as gently caress but it seems to work well enough.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Jonny 290 posted:

put the hand crank on your grinder. those burr grinders are notorious for failing and fragging out when people try the power drill trick.

every single person that's bought one has tried it.

get the exercise.

I want to make some quip about how they suck at holding a power drill and not side-loading the rotating assembly but yeah it's been on my mind...

I have a hipster friend who has this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BINDXC4

And maybe this is good?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GPMH590

My little cheap grinder is just too "catchy" and I'm kinda tired of it.

Maybe this poo poo....it seems pretty baller and comes from Taiwan (by way of China) which I appreciate.

https://www.1zpresso.co/all-grinders

gently caress plastic by and large though...I don't need more plastic stuff...

French Canadian fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 6, 2020

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dont hold the jar still and spin the handle. hold the handle still(ish) and spin the jar. it works way better imo

i've wailed on my $30 kyocera grinder for five years and it's drat near perfect

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I recommend you do not

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

i use one of these

loud as gently caress but it seems to work well enough.

i use the exact same one and it is a workhorse as my simple grinder for almost a decade now. its not a burr grinder by any means but itll do a quick week of corse beans and its easy enough to clean by sticking it in the dish washer top rack once every few months

when i would get my beans i would have them ground at the shop but doing it more frequently at home is fine for me even if the blade grinders seem to make a bit more sludge in my french press

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh yeah today i made a full strength cup and it carried me all morning while i learned how to use a sewing machine

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Agile Vector posted:

even if the blade grinders seem to make a bit more sludge in my french press

is that the big fault with them? I’d been wondering.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

thats my understanding. i try to be more mindful of watching the pour to not get the gunk and that seems to be fine

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

yep you'll get some Powder at the bottom with blade grinders. burr grinders really can't grind it up smaller than the gap between the....for lack of a better term, rotor and stator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i have a drip with a built in blade grinder. its easy enough to clean in the mornings.

i have a nice burr grinder too but my french press cracked and i hadnt bothered replacing it

coffer beans go brrrr