Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Why do Republicans like payroll tax cuts so much

Nobody is loving working to benefit from it lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

So is the first part meaning that businesses are free to fire their employees if they get corona, because thats how I'm reading it

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

:chanpop:

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

how do you keep it from fogging up

very carefully

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Skypie posted:

Anything but a actual bailout to actual working class bailout that their boss couldn't stop.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

So is the first part meaning that businesses are free to fire their employees if they get corona, because thats how I'm reading it

also worker’s compensation ???

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Feldegast42 posted:

no it means if a lovely employer forces people to work sick and people die they can't get sued

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/onionweigher/status/1246928763935494145?s=20

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Feldegast42 posted:

More like "We forced you to work in a public facing job without any protection and also we didn't tell you that 3 of your coworkers tested positive"

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Payroll cut to bankrupt ssi and all the other programs it funds

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo still lmaoing at capital gains cuts

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

(((Invisible Enemy))) huh

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

Payroll cut to bankrupt ssi and all the other programs it funds

you say that like it's not the intended consequence

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

gently caress I made sweet potato chili and it is too drat spicy!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

impossible

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

shovelbum posted:

Spay/Neuter seems like such a stopgap, I know they say the sterile colony is necessary to stop more from just showing up but it seems like strict penalties on outdoor cats, strict licensing for indoor cats that makes it prohibitively expensive to lose/replace a cat and also lots of training, and aggressive culling + bounties would be more effective

We got to save the birds folks. We're gonna have to exterminate the stray cats.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

impissible

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

I was talking about trap/neuter/release of feral colonies.

And yeah I see your point but no one is going to be breaking into someone's house over a few bucks a tail cat bounty I don't think.

Ah yes I get it now and I agree. But with regards to the few bucks for a cat tail bounty you've never met a meth head they'll snatch a dog out of a yard to sell it on Facebook if they think they can get their next fix. Sneaking into a cat lady's house while she's away isn't out of the realm of possibility

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grapplejack posted:

oh I didn't realize you were talking about a kid lol

in that case unless you have a backyard you're totally hosed

Me 4 years ago; weird this house doesn't have a backyard and just a small patio but it's better to go play at parks and with neighbor friends!

Me now as neighbor kids shout my 4 year olds name when we go outside: gently caress these kids need masks

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Skypie posted:

payroll taxes suck bc they penalize having employees and reward being a tech/finance company thats extremely productive without any

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

bojo might possibly be dumber than the potus who looked at the eclipse

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish

Jon Irenicus posted:

Look, I'm prepared to let meat and beans go, but I think you're taking the piss, mate.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

add more potato

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

Ah yes I get it now and I agree. But with regards to the few bucks for a cat tail bounty you've never met a meth head they'll snatch a dog out of a yard to sell it on Facebook if they think they can get their next fix. Sneaking into a cat lady's house while she's away isn't out of the realm of possibility

yeah but i mean if youre at that point youre sneaking in for the tv and poo poo already

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1246814307389669376

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Rah! posted:

impossible

birds can't taste spicy things!!! you are not cursed with the delicious burn!!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao everyone was fine until labor died

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

shovelbum posted:

payroll taxes suck bc they penalize having employees and reward being a tech/finance company thats extremely productive without any

almost like 'productivity' doesn't measure what it says :hmmyes:

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

hope you're looking forward to having your friends and relatives die so you can spend the rest of your short life in squalor in a neofeudal corporatist dystopia

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

saints gambit posted:

Look, I'm prepared to let meat and beans go, but I think you're taking the piss, mate.

sweet potatoes AND black beans.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

everything was going great until something bad happened

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

birds can't taste spicy things!!! you are not cursed with the delicious burn!!!!

u wont be laughing when corona takes ur tongue, ape

mystes
May 31, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

almost like 'productivity' doesn't measure what it says :hmmyes:
It measures how much you can do with how few employees. This is literally the definition.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZcZ6eJoxeE

CNN rn

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Does anyone here genuinely believe that U.S. citizens are going to get another direct payment after that $1,200 one?

I can't imagine it will happen again, even if literally 50%-plus of the population is unemployed.

They'll stick with idiotic trickle-down business-focused initiatives.

There really might be a lot of dead landlords at the end of all this.

LMAO

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shear Modulus posted:

everything was going great until something bad happened

happens every time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1246929663852716034?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

mod sassinator posted:

lmao no, docs in the US are getting pay cuts and fired right now. the private hospitals aren't making money off poo poo like bariatric surgery, plastic surgery, etc. that have all been canceled and are just about to collapse. cutting pay and people is like a 'holy gently caress we're screwed and maybe this hail mary will give us another month to survive' move

in a month we will have a completely non-functional healthcare system in the country. we'll probably have half our doctors and nurses sick too, given the lack of PPE anywhere

nationalize the hospitals, pay the docs with some of these trillion dollar bills we just printed, and tell insurance companies to go gently caress themselves