Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who is bill mitchell exactly because boy howdy I hate him

As far as I can remember just someone who jumped on the alt-right grift bandwagon back in 2015, but he have been "relevant" in some way before then

current event:

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1246925088353480705?s=20

lol

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I find Bill Mitchell to be a much more valuable source of insight into conservative thought than all the conservatives with an op ed in a major paper, all of whom thought a trump presidency was impossible. I hate Bill Mitchell but I also wished he had David Brooks' job.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If we attached tethers to these goal posts we could launch a Cadillac into space

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who is bill mitchell exactly because boy howdy I hate him

He's just some guy but then Mitt Romney read a tweet on Kimmel and all the other chuds started following him

that's literally the entire origin story

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Serious question; what would happen if Trump did catch COVID and died?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Leavemywife posted:

Deep state plot

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Leavemywife posted:

I'd have to find which stores to curbside champagne pickup.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

We start praying Pence got it from him.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Could Pence win the election?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

Probably a D victory in November. Without the cult of personality around Trump the Republican party will end up being just the old white boys club again. I don't know if Pence would be able to survive the debate process. Biden is good enough for a lot of people on both sides of the fence.

That or they suspend the election and the GOP seizes absolute power.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Stultus Maximus posted:

The dollar amount of the bottle of scotch I'm going to pick up is increasing weekly at this point

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Probably a D victory in November. Without the cult of personality around Trump the Republican party will end up being just the old white boys club again. I don't know if Pence would be able to survive the debate process. Biden is good enough for a lot of people on both sides of the fence.

That second one I think.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

I don't think so but there are lots of other reason to hope for it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

I'd have a celebratory gin and tonic.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Thomamelas posted:

I don't think so but there are lots of other reason to hope for it.

Come again?

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

McNally posted:

Come again?

Sorry that wasn't clear. Hoping for Pence to get COVID-19 and die. Not a Pence victory. That would be loving awful.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

egyptian rat race posted:

The dollar amount of the bottle of scotch I'm going to pick up is increasing weekly at this point

Apparently there's a surplus of grapes in CA, so wine will be cheaper for the next year to 3 years.

TIME TO STOCK UP BITCHES

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Bored As gently caress posted:

Apparently there's a surplus of grapes in CA, so wine will be cheaper for the next year to 3 years.

TIME TO STOCK UP BITCHES

Already grabbed a case from my brother and 3 more cases laying up for when I get off the ship in 70.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

I’m going to the White House and spraying a bottle of champagne around. It’d be worth the arrest.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Leavemywife posted:

Trump gets the record for lowest attendance at a state funeral ever, and those that do attend experience increased mortality in accordance with their intentional actions.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

joat mon posted:

Trump gets the record for lowest attendance at a state funeral ever, and those that do attend experience increased mortality in accordance with their intentional actions.

Nah it won't be that sparse. There will be a long line of people waiting to use his grave as a toilet.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'll admit, I don't know anywhere near as much about politics as you guys do, but are there no concerns that they would treat him as a martyr and round up the wagons?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

I'll admit, I don't know anywhere near as much about politics as you guys do, but are there no concerns that they would treat him as a martyr and round up the wagons?

Nah, he's surrounded by sycophants. As soon as he's out of the picture they're going to collapse because Pence isn't Trump. Pence is the establishment guy the RNC picked to make Trump more palatable in the 2016 election going classical Republicans.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Pence was going to lose reelection in Indiana, he's an incompetent idiot that only looks good when he's standing still for pictures. Don't forget we're talking about a man who freaked out over Mulan.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I expect at least one R congressperson to propose adding his carroty combover to Rushmore.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

I'd say no, but four years ago I'd have bet that someone famous for being the most hated man in NYC wouldn't have won the election, either.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
NYC Tiger got COVID
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/05/coronavirus-latest-news/#link-JKTEDE7R65HEHHAN3Y6REHUBGA

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kazinsal posted:

Weird way for Gilead to come into being but I can see it

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
How many times are we going turn over Al-Taqqadum to the Iraqis?

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/05/marines-coalition-forces-pull-out-iraqs-taqaddam-air-base.html

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

oh for gently caress's sake

The Opposition leader is defending commuting between Wellington and his home in Tauranga during the lockdown.

Simon Bridges chairs the Epidemic Response Committee, which holds its meetings every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

While MPs are joining the meeting remotely via Zoom, Bridges is in Parliament, and is driving himself back to Tauranga for the rest of the week.

you stupid rear end in a top hat

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That's a 524km or 300 mile drive

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Handsome Ralph posted:

These are amazing.

https://twitter.com/ChaosCharza/status/1246619973641961474?s=19

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
posting this because it's still the funniest thing I've seen this year and it makes me happy
https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/1215073526736195585?s=20

edit: betcha lot of those dudes are dead from corona

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/andrewyang/status/1246966013771554817?s=21

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

It'd be nobles "volunteering" people to do it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Slim Pickens posted:

The DoD is keeping infected totals in the military a secret now. A couple weeks ago ft Lewis told us they had 11 confirmed cases but stopped giving updates, probably as a result of the DoD order. You won't hear about cases now unless it's incredibly low, like ft Campbell only having one case.

As a result, he was probably canned for "posing a national security risk" and knew he was gonna get fired over it, which I'm glad he did for the good of his ship.

That's not how this works. Nothing in his letter is classified. The closest it comes is that he should've clicked the "encrypt" or "FOUO" button in Outlook. But that's hardly deserving of being removed from commanding a capital ship.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress that, get me in the veterans medical cannabis program whenever they start taking volunteers.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Despite making his fortune through a test prep company, Yang doesn't seem to be very smart. Makes u think.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

That's not how this works. Nothing in his letter is classified. The closest it comes is that he should've clicked the "encrypt" or "FOUO" button in Outlook. But that's hardly deserving of being removed from commanding a capital ship.

Conduct unbecoming of an officer IE he gave a poo poo about his men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Conduct unbecoming of an officer IE he gave a poo poo about his men

It really does seem to come down to shining a spotlight on Big Navy's bullshit and them not liking being seen for what they are.