Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

The one and ONLY reason I feel bad about Boris potentially dying is because his gf is pregnant and has coronavirus. I don't know what relationship they have because I don't keep up with that bs but there's the smallest possibility that child could be not evil and I wouldn't want it to not have a father

Please don't hate me but it's literally the only reason and I know it's stupid to humanize politicians but I don't want a baby to not have a father but he'd probably eat it anyway so yeah gently caress him

He almost certainly domestic violenced his girlfriend so it's prob better if he's not around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I CRAVE DEATH

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Yuli Ban posted:

Comment I made on Reddit. Just junk food for thought

lol

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I'm p sure this is fake but who the gently caress knows when it comes to the loving British.

I had the same unsure feeling.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

god drat it! gently caress!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Rand Paul and Boris Johnson are alive and well *points to empty window*

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Royal W posted:

Las Vegas did the same thing but outside in a parking lot; painting six-foot squares on the pavement.
150 thousand hotel rooms, all empty.

we don't want the destitute to start to get any ideas that they might be entitled to basic necessities or dignity

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

pretty sure this is how they made spiderman

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Everyone in D&D and QCS are eunuchs and their mods are pedos, though, so gently caress those spineless, dickless weebs.

Go BoJo, drown in your own fluids you bozo fuckman.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I'm p sure this is fake but who the gently caress knows when it comes to the loving British.

https://www.newstatesman.com/2019/08/historical-precedent-resisting-proroguing-parliament

quote:

In March 1629, Charles I grew tired of a parliament which would not support his disastrous and expensive foreign policy errors and ordered the dissolution of parliament. The MPs were so incensed when speaker John Finch announced the closure of the session, they promptly left their seats and sat on him. Holding him in the chair meant that he could not rise from his seat, and thus close the house. While he writhed under at least five members, the MPs passed a series of motions condemning the king’s policies.

:britain:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

tfw the Wheel of Fortune just barely ticks over to Bankrupt.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

tfw the Wheel of Fortune just barely ticks over to Bankrupt.

when you pump $10.02 worth of gas

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
Day 9-10 is when some patients developed sepsis and ARDS since BoJo's not recovering.

If he's on an invasive ventilator, he's a goner.

Yuli Ban has issued a correction as of 04:40 on Apr 6, 2020

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

facetoucher cat posted:

The one and ONLY reason I feel bad about Boris potentially dying is because his gf is pregnant and has coronavirus. I don't know what relationship they have because I don't keep up with that bs but there's the smallest possibility that child could be not evil and I wouldn't want it to not have a father

Please don't hate me but it's literally the only reason and I know it's stupid to humanize politicians but I don't want a baby to not have a father but he'd probably eat it anyway so yeah gently caress him

i too would want the child to not be evil for wanting the gentle, just stewardship of its father: boris johnson

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

JUST loving PAY PEOPLE, JUST GIVE PEOPLE HOMES, JUST loving MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS FED AND HEALTHY WHAT GOD drat loving BULLSHIT loving IDIOT MORON SOCIETY IS THIS loving JUST MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS THEIR BASIC NEEDS MET WHAT THE gently caress WHY IS THAT SO loving HARD TO GRASP WATER FOOD HEALTHCARE SHELTER GOALS FUTURE SPACE gently caress THIS PLANET FFFFUFUFUFUUK KCKCKCKCCCCCCj;laskgfjasfljlA

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Day 14

“Alright we’re done.”

I wonder when the refrigerated corpse truck trailer will arrive.

Before my shift officially starts, at 6:50AM, a Code Blue is called. 90F w/ dementia and probably a gently caress ton of other comorbidities is found essentially cold and dead when the day shift nurse first walks in the room at the beginning of her shift.

Because mankind is cruel and irrational, this lady whose last real conscious thought occurred several years to a decade ago is still Full Code. So half a dozen nurses and four doctors all gown up and rush into her room to break her ribs before she's pronounced dead.

Because we're doing everything to save her, don't you see.

I swear to Christ I'm not this heartless when I'm the outpatient Family Med doctor I was supposed to be.

By the time I find a gown (a lovely, blue plastic trash bag of a gown which makes me sweat profusely and leaves my back slick with sweat and my gloves full of sweat and I pray we get those breathable yellow paper gowns again) then put on my fashion statement eye protection and enter the room, the attending is already calling it quits.

The anesthesiologist asks if this patient (this corpse) needs intubation.

“If you want to intubate her that’s fine. If you want to put yourself through it.”

One push of epi.

There's no blood pressure, pulse was gone well before we got to work.

Time of death… who knows.

Does it matter?

I come back to my call room and look at the census. 22 patients, 100% COVID.

I scroll a third the way down the cheat sheet and see EXPIRED. At this point that just means alerting the attending of more paperwork to be done.

I round on all my patients. They're all miserable and can't catch their breath and have headaches. A very nice lady asks that if she and her husband are in the hospital, should her 90 year old mother who lives with them be afraid? The truth is if you flip a coin she's already infected. If she's symptomatic and needs to go to the hospital, she's got a good 1 in 5 chance of dying.

I tell my patient to call her mom and tell her to report an symptoms to her regular PCP.

Then there’s a Rapid and a COVID is intubated.

He was a younger guy, only in his 60s. He's got a chance.

Then table rounds.

Then there’s a Rapid and a COVID… isn't intubated.

88M w/ dementia plus many other things. He's never make it off the tube.

We're here now. We're running out of beds and ventilators and now the Tough Decisions are being made.

The guidelines the dictates of the Gods of the Empire of the ICU were that a patient could only be intubated if they were A) satting <90%, B) tachypneic >30RR, and C) prone when these were taken.

Now we're adding on if they've lived a life well into their 80s or if they've got dementia or if through "clinical judgement" you know they're hosed, then they won't be tubed.

It makes total sense.

I've had a few calls now where I've gone through the pre-written script for letting the typical patient's spouse of decades and decades know their world is about to end. How that soul they've nuzzled up against for comfort is close to depart since death is inevitable.

"Not a candidate for invasive intervention" is the exact phrase.

Rationing? Cold calculation in an unprecedented time of suffering?

Truthfully, I'm not making these decisions.

But I still ask that you please, please forgive me.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

quote:

writhed under at least five members

same

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

boris dead?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Crazypoops posted:

JUST loving PAY PEOPLE, JUST GIVE PEOPLE HOMES, JUST loving MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS FED AND HEALTHY WHAT GOD drat loving BULLSHIT loving IDIOT MORON SOCIETY IS THIS loving JUST MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS THEIR BASIC NEEDS MET WHAT THE gently caress WHY IS THAT SO loving HARD TO GRASP WATER FOOD HEALTHCARE SHELTER GOALS FUTURE SPACE gently caress THIS PLANET FFFFUFUFUFUUK KCKCKCKCCCCCCj;laskgfjasfljlA
that sounds like Chinese Communism

please register yourself as an enemy combatant #maga

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

triple sulk posted:

boris dead?

thoughts and prayers for his death

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

triple sulk posted:

boris dead?

you saw all the ghana funeral videos, didn't you

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Imagine all the people ... Hoping Bojo dies... ooohooohoooo

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

spain and italy’s daily number looking low!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Rand Paul's just going to be missing for the forseeable future. A democrat holds the Kentucky governorship right now and loving lol if you think Mitch won't try to get some guards to pull a Weekend at Bernies stunt before he lets a senate seat get flipped.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah I thought that guy dropped off the face of the earth since that night market game has been delayed on switch for like 2 years

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Starting a GoFundMe for someone to cum in Boris Johnson's chest tube.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Crazypoops posted:

thoughts and prayers for his death

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery to the economy.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1246983997592199168

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

when you pump $10.02 worth of gas

Our smallest coin here is 5c so getting $10.02 would round down to $10. Do this often enough and you will never notice the difference in how much money you spend on something because nothing matters.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Zeroisanumber posted:

Options being explored here in Minneapolis are the Viking's Stadium and the local convention center.

I've been pushing for both.

I was thinking we could just take all the houses the bank owns as payment for those trillions in instant loans

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Ahahahaha, it wasn't fear of the apocalypse it was the lawyers that got to them.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

LMBO

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

do what you have to do

please take care of yourself

Argentum
Feb 6, 2011
UGLY LIKE BOWEL CANCER
Bioshock was a documentary

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Wow

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Farm Frenzy posted:

i am prepared to risk my life deploying ghanain pallbearers into gbs

Lol they are good
Worth it

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
I feel like a week+ back ago there were at least half a dozen goons in here who thought they had the roni, and were talking through their experience, and that just stopped. Like...are you guys still here? or :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Basic Poster posted:

I feel like a week+ back ago there were at least half a dozen goons in here who thought they had the roni, and were talking through their experience, and that just stopped. Like...are you guys still here? or :rip:

Probably dead yeah